Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 06:54 PM   #646
221HEMT
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
In theory you're correct. But in practice it doesn't have to work that way.

Your room is "pre-assigned" at best. That is, they may have pre-assigned a room to you, but it is not yours until you show up at the front desk and check in.

Other than mistakes, there are 3 reasons you might not get what you reserved and paid for:
  • some type of maintenance problem that prevents the room from being occupied by guests
  • previous guest stays beyond their established reservation but continues to pay for the room (they can't be thrown out as long as they pay)
  • another guest who had some sort of inconvenience or problem may be upgraded to a theme park view room as a method of what Disney calls "guest recovery," meaning their way of smoothing things over to make a problem go away

In any of the above situations, your pre-assigned room may not be available for you ... as I said, it isn't yours until you show up, and it can be given away or be rendered unavailable at any point prior to that.
If they can give your room to someone who just doesn't want to leave what is to prevent someone who wants,say,a week and are told they can't have it because Wednesday on is taken.Couldn't they take Monday and Tuesday and just not leave and therefore get the week they wanted in the first place? It seems if they want to "stay beyond their established reservation" at CR they should be the ones to get another room in the CR.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:55 PM   #647
rhorsley
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 221HEMT View Post
If they can give your room to someone who just doesn't want to leave what is to prevent someone who wants,say,a week and are told they can't have it because Wednesday on is taken.Couldn't they take Monday and Tuesday and just not leave and therefore get the week they wanted in the first place? It seems if they want to "stay beyond their established reservation" at CR they should be the ones to get another room in the CR.
I certainly hear you, and I really understand. But, I had a very unusual circumstance at PORFQ in 2010. While I was there we got over 3' of snow back in Baltimore. It was just me & my BF & I was pregnant and frequently sick to my stomach. It was superbowl weekend and they were overbooked. All the flights home were cancelled. I begged for almost 2hrs to keep my room for 1 more night and finally convinced them that evicting a pregnant lady from the resort was not very Disney. I'm so sorry for whoever got bumped (I hope they got bumped up. I heard they were transferring some overbooked guests to one of the larger DVC properties.) But, I really couldn't do anything else. I now try to see things differently when I am inconvenienced. Maybe (I know not always) that other person or family has needs greater than mine at the moment. Probably not, but that's what I try to remember when these things happen.
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2011, 08:12 PM   #648
nklooz
Mouseketeer

Does anyone have any pics of the room views from the CR TPV rooms they can share/post? Or, can anyone point me in the direction where some are? Thanks
Old 10-30-2011, 08:25 PM   #649
221HEMT
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhorsley View Post
I certainly hear you, and I really understand. But, I had a very unusual circumstance at PORFQ in 2010. While I was there we got over 3' of snow back in Baltimore. It was just me & my BF & I was pregnant and frequently sick to my stomach. It was superbowl weekend and they were overbooked. All the flights home were cancelled. I begged for almost 2hrs to keep my room for 1 more night and finally convinced them that evicting a pregnant lady from the resort was not very Disney. I'm so sorry for whoever got bumped (I hope they got bumped up. I heard they were transferring some overbooked guests to one of the larger DVC properties.) But, I really couldn't do anything else. I now try to see things differently when I am inconvenienced. Maybe (I know not always) that other person or family has needs greater than mine at the moment. Probably not, but that's what I try to remember when these things happen.
Now "That" I could understand.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:29 PM   #650
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nklooz View Post
Does anyone have any pics of the room views from the CR TPV rooms they can share/post? Or, can anyone point me in the direction where some are? Thanks
Here is a picture of it and for future reference it's also posted on the 1st page of this thread.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:33 PM   #651
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

These were from our room a few weeks ago (room 4911):

'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Old 10-31-2011, 05:23 AM   #652
nklooz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Here is a picture of it and for future reference it's also posted on the 1st page of this thread.

Thanks! I saw that but I wasn't 100% sure that was a view from a room. Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
These were from our room a few weeks ago (room 4911):

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. So, is that 11th floor? Did I read that room # correctly?

Can't wait!!!
Old 10-31-2011, 05:24 AM   #653
nklooz
Mouseketeer

Question: Is there a section to request to get a view closer to seeing the Castle vs. SM? Defn. going to do odd # room for beds facing the castle.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:23 AM   #654
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. So, is that 11th floor? Did I read that room # correctly?

Can't wait!!!
It's the 14th floor.

Quote:
Question: Is there a section to request to get a view closer to seeing the Castle vs. SM? Defn. going to do odd # room for beds facing the castle.
SM is closer to the hotel than the castle, so it's always going to seem like a bigger part of the view.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Old 10-31-2011, 11:47 AM   #655
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

We're thinking of staying in on arrival night (next Wednesday) and getting private dining instead of going to Artist Point.

Has anyone had anything delish from Private Dining or have a current menu besides what I've found on AE?

Thanks!
Old 10-31-2011, 12:49 PM   #656
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
In my opinion there really isn't any room that's closer to Cinderella's Castle vs Space Mountain. I have had a Theme Park View located in different areas and in my opinion the view looked exactly the same, so I dodn't think we were closer to one and farther away from the other.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:21 AM   #657
nklooz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
In my opinion there really isn't any room that's closer to Cinderella's Castle vs Space Mountain. I have had a Theme Park View located in different areas and in my opinion the view looked exactly the same, so I dodn't think we were closer to one and farther away from the other.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
It's the 14th floor.

SM is closer to the hotel than the castle, so it's always going to seem like a bigger part of the view.
Thank you!
Old 11-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #658
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you!
You're welcome.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:20 PM   #659
ajcolorado
lots of pokey crumbs in my cleavage
I’m a mini-van mom

Disney's Contemporary Resort November Outdoor Movie Schedule.

Movie shown under the Skyway Bridge at 8:00PM

Sundays - Dumbo
Mondays - Toy Story 3
Tuesdays - Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland"
Wednesdays - The Princess & The Frog
Thursdays - Winnie the Pooh (2011)
Fridays - Cars 2
Saturdays The Lion King

We post this Contemporary's outdoor movie schedule on the 1st of each month at http://www.*********************.com...p#contemporary
Old 11-01-2011, 04:25 PM   #660
wdwnut61
Wish I could get my countdown timer to move faster
The TF knows how special you are, wdwdnut61! :)
Queen or Nut, you choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcolorado View Post
Movie shown under the Skyway Bridge at 8:00PM

Sundays - Dumbo
Mondays - Toy Story 3
Tuesdays - Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland"
Wednesdays - The Princess & The Frog
Thursdays - Winnie the Pooh (2011)
Fridays - Cars 2
Saturdays The Lion King

We post this Contemporary's outdoor movie schedule on the 1st of each month at http://www.*********************.com...p#contemporary
Thanks for posting this

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: