Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 03:04 PM   #631
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Very cool and thanks for posting that link.
FLYERS 4 LEAFS 2
back to normal programing.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

Old 10-25-2011, 03:47 PM   #632
nklooz
Mouseketeer

Woo hoo!

So, after a ridiculous amount of Debate, we're settled on CR TPV for March. Can't wait! Now, tell me all kinds of things about CR to get me excited that only CR crazy fans would know Doesn't that sound fun?

Also, a few small questions:

-Does anyone have any idea of good spots w/in the standard room for a pack and play. How big is the bathroom? Big enough for the pack and play?
-Is there an ideal floor or group of room numbers to request for best castle/fireworks view? It is DDalmost2's bday celebration, and she's going to love watching the 8 p.m. Wishes from the room!!

Thanks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2011, 03:52 PM   #633
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nklooz View Post
So, after a ridiculous amount of Debate, we're settled on CR TPV for March. Can't wait! Now, tell me all kinds of things about CR to get me excited that only CR crazy fans would know Doesn't that sound fun?

Also, a few small questions:

-Does anyone have any idea of good spots w/in the standard room for a pack and play. How big is the bathroom? Big enough for the pack and play?
-Is there an ideal floor or group of room numbers to request for best castle/fireworks view? It is DDalmost2's bday celebration, and she's going to love watching the 8 p.m. Wishes from the room!!

Thanks!
Well I am sure you know that they are the only resort with a walkway that goes to and from the Magic Kingdom, so that's a major plus.

In my opinon the Contempo Cafe is one of the best Quick Service locations in all of WDW.

As for your questions I can tell you the highest non Club Level floor you can request is the 11th floor and if you request an odd number room then your beds will be facing the Magic Kingdom, so it can be the first thing you see when you wake up.

The bathrooms are the biggest I have seen among the Deluxe Resorts haivng previously stayed at the Polynesian, Boardwalk Inn and Beach Club. Plus the toilet is behind another door, so someone else could be in the shower at the same time.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:23 PM   #634
nklooz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Well I am sure you know that they are the only resort with a walkway that goes to and from the Magic Kingdom, so that's a major plus.

In my opinon the Contempo Cafe is one of the best Quick Service locations in all of WDW.

As for your questions I can tell you the highest non Club Level floor you can request is the 11th floor and if you request an odd number room then your beds will be facing the Magic Kingdom, so it can be the first thing you see when you wake up.

The bathrooms are the biggest I have seen among the Deluxe Resorts haivng previously stayed at the Polynesian, Boardwalk Inn and Beach Club. Plus the toilet is behind another door, so someone else could be in the shower at the same time.
Great to know about the odd # rooms. Anyone out there used a pack and play in the CR? How did it work for you? Best places to put it?

Thanks!
Old 10-26-2011, 05:39 AM   #635
psac
DIS Veteran

My one TPV suggestion would be "away from Chef Mickeys", unless you never plan to sleep late or nap in the early evening. Enjoy!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 10-26-2011, 04:29 PM   #636
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

From the latest AllEars newsletter...

Tables in Wonderland is hosting another special Discovery Dinner at The Wave... of American Flavors at the Contemporary Resort on Thursday, November 17, 2011. Reception is at 6:30 p.m.; dinner starts at 7:00 p.m. Dress Code - Casual Evening Attire. Cost: $92 per person, includes tax and gratuity. The theme for the evening is "The Wonders of Sustainable Seafood." Fresh from Florida spokesperson, David Fennesey, presents an array of great seafood from Florida's coastal waters. David represents Central Seafood and will host the dinner with Chef Frank Brough and Area Manager Stephen Shepherd.

For reservations, e-mail WDW.Tables.In.Wonderland@disney.com with the following information: your interest to book, your name, daytime phone number, home address, and the number of people in your party. You will be notified on a "first-come, first-served" basis. Your credit card will be taken over the phone once your reservation is confirmed. The event is limited to 40 guests. NOTE: The event is exclusively for Tables in Wonderland members.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:50 PM   #637
jpdeg99
Mouseketeer

Quick question - is the studio at BLT any larger than the rooms at CR?
Old 10-26-2011, 07:28 PM   #638
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdeg99 View Post
Quick question - is the studio at BLT any larger than the rooms at CR?
The CR (non-suite) rooms are larger than a BLT Studio by almost 100 SF. The Studio is about 330 SF and the CR rooms are about 425 SF.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:59 PM   #639
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Tables in Wonderland is hosting another special Discovery Dinner at The Wave... of American Flavors at the Contemporary Resort on Thursday, November 17, 2011. Reception is at 6:30 p.m.; dinner starts at 7:00 p.m. Dress Code - Casual Evening Attire. Cost: $92 per person, includes tax and gratuity. The theme for the evening is "The Wonders of Sustainable Seafood." Fresh from Florida spokesperson, David Fennesey, presents an array of great seafood from Florida's coastal waters. David represents Central Seafood and will host the dinner with Chef Frank Brough and Area Manager Stephen Shepherd.

For reservations, e-mail WDW.Tables.In.Wonderland@disney.com with the following information: your interest to book, your name, daytime phone number, home address, and the number of people in your party. You will be notified on a "first-come, first-served" basis. Your credit card will be taken over the phone once your reservation is confirmed. The event is limited to 40 guests. NOTE: The event is exclusively for Tables in Wonderland members.
Thanks for posting that information.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:01 PM   #640
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Disney Trading Nights - Walt Disney World® Resort

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/p...event?id=23253

Guests of all ages are invited to make friends, trade pins and share Disney magic at Disney Trading Nights. This free activity will be held on various evenings throughout the year.

November 4, 2011 - 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Disney's Contemporary Resort - Ballroom of Americas
Old 10-27-2011, 08:08 AM   #641
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

We leave in 13 days for 4 nights at CR and 2 nights at OKW! DF is so excited about the convenience of the resort! This is our first monorail resort stay! He also wanted me to jump on and thank the OP for all the great info on post #1!!
Old 10-27-2011, 08:40 AM   #642
Carrie772
Resolve to Recycle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
We leave in 13 days for 4 nights at CR and 2 nights at OKW! DF is so excited about the convenience of the resort! This is our first monorail resort stay! He also wanted me to jump on and thank the OP for all the great info on post #1!!
Best wishes to you both! Enjoy the next 2 weeks. They will be wonderful I am sure.
'76 CR; '83 offsite; '94 CBR; '02 Residence Inn; '04 CSR; '05 Poly; '05 ASSp/WL; '06 Poly; '07 POR; '07 WL; '08 CSR; '09 Poly; '10 WL; '11 Poly; '11 POR/Poly; '12 CR/Poly; '13 Poly; '14 Quickie at BC; '14 AOA! Did I really plan 2 in '14?!
Old 10-27-2011, 10:53 AM   #643
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hope you both have a great time.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:59 PM   #644
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Hey there

Are you sure you're not going to change anything? I can't wait to see your photos. You will be posting a TR, right?
Old 10-27-2011, 01:22 PM   #645
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie772 View Post
Best wishes to you both! Enjoy the next 2 weeks. They will be wonderful I am sure.
Thank you!

Quote:
I hope you both have a great time.
Thanks!! We're excited!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Hey there

Are you sure you're not going to change anything? I can't wait to see your photos. You will be posting a TR, right?
Oh yeah... there will be a TR I don't think I'll change from here--once I saw how excited he was about it--I knew that was it

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: