Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 05:19 PM   #601
jlhay
Mouseketeer

Do you think Bay Lake Tower is included in free wifi? Its not listed specifically but is it assumed as part of Contemporary?
Old 10-14-2011, 06:00 PM   #602
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
http://www.wdwmagic.com/Resorts/Walt...orts-today.htm

Free 'in-room' wireless internet starting at most Walt Disney World Resorts today
Oct 14, 2011

One of the most requested Walt Disney World Resort wishes is coming true from today. FREE Wireless "in-room" internet access will be available for the following resorts beginning today.

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney’s Beach Club Resort
Disney’s BoardWalk Resort
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
Disney’s Polynesian Resort
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort

That is truely good news and I agree it is about time.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2011, 09:30 PM   #603
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhay View Post
Do you think Bay Lake Tower is included in free wifi? Its not listed specifically but is it assumed as part of Contemporary?
That's a good question. Now I guess the same thing can be asked about Boardwalk Villas and Beach Club Villas because they are also not on this list, however it does include the Boardwalk Inn and Beach Club.

Although since DVC members staying on points already got free Wi-Fi maybe that's why Bay Lake Tower wasn't listed, although I do realize not everyone who stays there and the other DVC Resorts are DVC members.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:12 PM   #604
Heatherwags
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAWDWLUVER View Post
Here's a link that show all the room locations at BLT: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

Hope this helps!
Does this same layout of the room/floor plan and review of each room exist somewhere for the CR?? I have looked but haven't found anything yet.

November 1-9: Contemporary Resort
==============================
Past Trips:
November 2013: Bay Lake Tower
November 2012: Contemporary Resort
December 2011: Disneyland - DL Hotel (1st trip to DL)
November 2011: Contemporary Resort
October 2010: Polynesian (last minute trip)
December 2009: Stayed Offsite (DD 2nd bday)
May 2009: Polynesian (1st trip to WDW)
Old 10-15-2011, 05:35 AM   #605
psac
DIS Veteran

Actually, the DVC members have free wired, many bring their own wireless routers. Having free wifi would be a lot easier!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 10-17-2011, 10:18 AM   #606
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Does anyone know the pool hours at BLT in January?
Old 10-18-2011, 02:27 PM   #607
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhay View Post
I do think it's included because someone on the WL thread confirmed that they now have free WiFi at VWL and that was not specifically listed either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatherwags View Post
Does this same layout of the room/floor plan and review of each room exist somewhere for the CR?? I have looked but haven't found anything yet.
No, probably since there are only two Tower views and they are unobstructed: Bay Lake and Magic Kingdom. The Garden Wing only has a STD View which is of the parking lot/monorail area and a Garden View which can be of the pool, Bay Lake or the canal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Does anyone know the pool hours at BLT in January?
I don't believe they change seasonally. I believe they are always 0700 - Midnight with the slide being open only when the lifeguards are on duty (10-10?)
Old 10-18-2011, 02:44 PM   #608
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I don't believe they change seasonally. I believe they are always 0700 - Midnight with the slide being open only when the lifeguards are on duty (10-10?)
Those sound like the same hours for the Contemporary pool and I would assume the one at Bay Lake Tower would go by the same time.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:44 PM   #609
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Here is a little more free WiFi info. Not sure why this is a test to see if it's "successful." How could FREE WiFi not be successful

To connect to the network using a wireless-enabled device (e.g. laptop, cell phone, etc.), you'll notice a network option labeled "Guest - Access (unsecured)". When you click on that option, you will be taken to a screen that prompts you to accept the terms and conditions. After accepting the terms and conditions, you'll have complimentary Wi-Fi access. Note that for cell phone users, cellular carriers AT and T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile and MetroPCS are covered for Wi-Fi access. . Complimentary in-room wired internet will also be available at these resorts until Octobert 24. If the testing for complimentary Wi-Fi is successful, the free availability will continue in the future. This will not affect the status of Disney Vacation Club members, who currently receive complimentary Wi-Fi.

http://allears.net/acc/internet.htm
Old 10-19-2011, 03:48 PM   #610
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here is a little more free WiFi info. Not sure why this is a test to see if it's "successful." How could FREE WiFi not be successful

To connect to the network using a wireless-enabled device (e.g. laptop, cell phone, etc.), you'll notice a network option labeled "Guest - Access (unsecured)". When you click on that option, you will be taken to a screen that prompts you to accept the terms and conditions. After accepting the terms and conditions, you'll have complimentary Wi-Fi access. Note that for cell phone users, cellular carriers AT and T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile and MetroPCS are covered for Wi-Fi access. . Complimentary in-room wired internet will also be available at these resorts until Octobert 24. If the testing for complimentary Wi-Fi is successful, the free availability will continue in the future. This will not affect the status of Disney Vacation Club members, who currently receive complimentary Wi-Fi.

http://allears.net/acc/internet.htm
Thanks for posting that information.

The funny thing is my BlackBerry has Wi-Fi so you would think I could go on the Internet and use my apps, however when I am in the United States I get roaming fees for doing that.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:52 PM   #611
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Thanks for posting that information.

The funny thing is my BlackBerry has Wi-Fi so you would think I could go on the Internet and use my apps, however when I am in the United States I get roaming fees for doing that.
Ouch! I bet those roaming charges are pricey. I bet you really miss the days of the free CR in-room computer (though you don't stay there anymore anyway). At least you can check your mail in the hotels on your way down and back home.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:58 PM   #612
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ouch! I bet those roaming charges are pricey. I bet you really miss the days of the free CR in-room computer (though you don't stay there anymore anyway). At least you can check your mail in the hotels on your way down and back home.
I still missed the computers in the Contemporary rooms when we would stay there after they got taken away. However I knew that could have happened since they were apart of a test program.

I can still get my e-mail since there is no charge for reading them and the fact they will always come on once I get one, although there is a cost for writting a new e-mail.

Yes those roaming charges were expensive. A couple of years ago when I added unlimited internet I assumed it was good no matter where I was. So even though I checked it maybe two or three times the cost was out of this world.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:18 PM   #613
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Oct 28-29--Sold out?!?

Hi all. Can anyone tell me when I cannot land a room at the CR for 10/28-10/30??? Something special going on? Only avail was TPV Tower for 10/29 under Fla Res. rate. Thanks
Old 10-20-2011, 12:35 PM   #614
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041 View Post
Hi all. Can anyone tell me when I cannot land a room at the CR for 10/28-10/30??? Something special going on? Only avail was TPV Tower for 10/29 under Fla Res. rate. Thanks
I would have to assume it's sold out for a convention that is happening during those dates.

If you don't mind me asking is the Tower - Theme Park View to expensive for you even with the Florida Resident rate, because it seems like a good deal.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:41 PM   #615
rkrose1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041 View Post
"The Florida Democratic Party is excited to announce that the US Vice President Joe Biden will address the Florida Democratic Party 2011 State Convention as the keynote speaker at the "A Legacy of Leadership: A Promise for Tomorrow" dinner on Friday, October 28, 2011."

The convention will be at Contemporary from the 28-30.

11/11 BLT 11 days * 01/11 AKV 3 days * 11/10 BLT 9 days * 12/09 9 days CBR * 12/07 12 days CSR * 2001 ASM & multiple Hotel Plaza Dr. * 2000 multiple Hotel Plaza Dr. * 1999 multiple Hotel Plaza Dr. * 1998 multiple Hotel Plaza Dr. * 1997 multiple Hotel Plaza Dr. * 1996 multiple Hotel Plaza Dr. * 1995 Hotel Plaza Dr. * 9/89 2 wks off property * 11/83 1 wk off property * opening-1976 twice annually
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: