Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 02:34 PM   #541
wdhinn89
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info No availability on the dates we are there. I will have to keep checking multiple times a day and hope I get lucky. I only have a AAA discount now.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:35 PM   #542
jenneth79
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I hope you have a great time and I am wondering did you reserve the Theme Park View or Bay Lake View?
Bay Lake. I may sound a bit crazy, but when we ate at CG on our last trip, they sat us in the Wine Room, which overlooked BL, and I fell in love with it. I figure on such a short trip I don't really need to the the MK every day
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2011, 02:51 PM   #543
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenneth79 View Post
Bay Lake. I may sound a bit crazy, but when we ate at CG on our last trip, they sat us in the Wine Room, which overlooked BL, and I fell in love with it. I figure on such a short trip I don't really need to the the MK every day
Well the great thing about staying on the Atrium Club floor is that their lounge has a view of the Magic Kingdom, so anytime you want to see it just go over there. Plus since you like the Bay Lake View a lot more it only makes sense to reserve it, so the way I see you get to experience both views.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:29 PM   #544
nklooz
Mouseketeer

SO Torn

Ok, I was all set today on CR TPV, chose over GF for the TPV, the hustle and bustle of being in the middle of it. Now, I'm getting really nervous about the pool and the lack of zero entry or kiddie pool with my 2 1/2 yo DD. I saw the pic of the splash area, thanks so much for posting! I just have visions of my little girl wanting to have an area to toddle around in and not being able to do so. Parents with the 3 and under crowd who've stayed at the CR, please tell me how this is not an issue and how perfect the CR was for your little one Thanks!
Old 10-05-2011, 10:00 PM   #545
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

I booked two nights at BLT today for half of a mother-daughter trip and I"m really excited! Only thing is, I'm feeling the sting of moving from a 4-day trip to Pop to a split stay at Pop and BLT - boy, it sure looks like I'm spending a lot of money, even though I got a wonderful AP discount!

Staying at the Contemporary is a lifelong dream, and this is all that was open during our trip so I booked. Please just tell me that it's worth every extra dollar I'm spending! I'm especially looking forward to walking home from the MNSSHP on Thursday and not having to wait for a bus, ferry, or monorail!
Old 10-06-2011, 10:47 AM   #546
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

I just booked four nights in BLT with a TPV for May (well, three nights with the TPV and one night with a Lake View, because TPV wasn't available. I'm wait-listed for the fourth night). This is my third trip where I tried to get a TPV room and finally lucked out, Since for most of our trips we eat at theme park restaurants, I decided to take advantage of being on the monorail and plan to eat in a different monorail resort each night. It just goes to show you that no matter how many times you go to WDW, you can always experience something different.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:39 PM   #547
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Vice President Joe Biden to be at the Contemporary on Friday October 28, 2011

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/new...onference.html

Vice President Joe Biden will be the keynote speaker at the Florida Democratic Party 2011 State Convention’s gala dinner in late October, the state party announced this morning.

The convention will be Oct. 28-30 at Disney’s Contemporary Resort and Convention Center in Lake Buena Vista. Biden’s speech will be at the dinner Friday, Oct. 28.

“Vice President Biden’s attendance sends a clear message about the importance of our state in this year’s Presidential Election”, Florida Democratic Party Chairman Rod Smith said. “Our state’s 29 electoral votes are crucial to ensuring this nation continues to move forward over the next four years. We are honored that he will attend and help us kick-off the 2012 election.”
Old 10-08-2011, 01:13 AM   #548
WDWsBFF
Everyday Disney Dreamer

I have a few quick questions about BLT....that I don't think I saw answered in the first post (that or I might've missed it, in that case oops!).

What's the highest floor one can stay in for a deluxe studio with lake views? How about theme park view?

Or is there a studio room I could specifically request that has both the lake view and theme park view?

I've stayed in a 1 bedroom at BLT with a lake view, and I loved being up on the higher floor. It was classified as a lake view, but we could see a bit of the castle as well.

Thanks for any input!
3 DLR trips: 2 in 2009 and 1 in 2013 all off-site

Last edited by WDWsBFF; 10-08-2011 at 01:20 AM. Reason: I had more questions, and thought it would be better to keep it to one post.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:21 PM   #549
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
I booked two nights at BLT today for half of a mother-daughter trip and I"m really excited! Only thing is, I'm feeling the sting of moving from a 4-day trip to Pop to a split stay at Pop and BLT - boy, it sure looks like I'm spending a lot of money, even though I got a wonderful AP discount!

Staying at the Contemporary is a lifelong dream, and this is all that was open during our trip so I booked. Please just tell me that it's worth every extra dollar I'm spending! I'm especially looking forward to walking home from the MNSSHP on Thursday and not having to wait for a bus, ferry, or monorail!
My DD9 loves both Pop and BLT, so that would be a dream split-stay for her, lol! You will love doing a split stay and will love BLT, I think it's worth the money! Enjoy!

Old 10-08-2011, 04:03 PM   #550
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

CR Resort Fan 4 Life,

After being in BLT for about 8 hours, I can easily see how you chose that name. What an awesome resort. I can only imagine the extra CR offers. Thanks for all the info. It will make this trip even better. Thankfully, we have one of our DVC contracts here and look forward to many vacations in the future.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 10-08-2011, 04:49 PM   #551
WAWDWLUVER
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWsBFF View Post
I have a few quick questions about BLT....that I don't think I saw answered in the first post (that or I might've missed it, in that case oops!).

What's the highest floor one can stay in for a deluxe studio with lake views? How about theme park view?

Or is there a studio room I could specifically request that has both the lake view and theme park view?

I've stayed in a 1 bedroom at BLT with a lake view, and I loved being up on the higher floor. It was classified as a lake view, but we could see a bit of the castle as well.

Thanks for any input!
Here's a link that show all the room locations at BLT: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

Hope this helps!
Old 10-08-2011, 05:09 PM   #552
WDWsBFF
Everyday Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAWDWLUVER View Post
Here's a link that show all the room locations at BLT: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

Hope this helps!
I appreciate the help! You rock WAWDWLUVER!!!
3 DLR trips: 2 in 2009 and 1 in 2013 all off-site

Old 10-08-2011, 10:22 PM   #553
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
CR Resort Fan 4 Life,

After being in BLT for about 8 hours, I can easily see how you chose that name. What an awesome resort. I can only imagine the extra CR offers. Thanks for all the info. It will make this trip even better. Thankfully, we have one of our DVC contracts here and look forward to many vacations in the future.
You're welcome.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:14 PM   #554
anne thomas
"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!"

DVD Player

Is there a DVD player in the Atrium level rooms?

Old 10-09-2011, 09:13 PM   #555
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne thomas View Post
Is there a DVD player in the Atrium level rooms?
Yes there is.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: