Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 12:38 PM   #526
jenneth79
DIS Veteran

So I thought I'd take a look at this thread so I can do some research for our upcoming Valentine's Weekend trip in February I just booked! We're staying CL at the Contemporary (12th floor) for three nights and I'm pretty excited about what I've seen so far.

This will be our first trip to the Contemporary, but I knew we had to give it a try after my husband said "I want to stay here" after dinner at CG!
Old 10-05-2011, 12:40 PM   #527
pas130
DIS Veteran

Booked the CR for my Anniversary trip. Thanks to availability of TPV room with the November discount, I switched from Poly GV. Yes KOOK I checked with DH It came out cheaper than my Poly GV (with a PIN guess the % off was less at Poly) and we can WALK to MK Plus we might get a King bed 30 days out and so excited

Plus I just went back on the offer, and it looks like I got the last room available with that discount
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2011, 12:43 PM   #528
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Booked the CR for my Anniversary trip. Thanks to availability of TPV room with the November discount, I switched from Poly GV. Yes KOOK I checked with DH It came out cheaper than my Poly GV (with a PIN guess the % off was less at Poly) and we can WALK to MK Plus we might get a King bed 30 days out and so excited

Plus I just went back on the offer, and it looks like I got the last room available with that discount
WHAT? You changed again? I don't know why I'm surprised.

That's awesome that you were able to get a TPV room with a discount!

Let me know what you think of CR! As of right now, I have us booked for our 1st ever stay here for next Oct....if I don't have to cancel it.

Y'all are going to have such a fabulous trip!!!
Old 10-05-2011, 12:47 PM   #529
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenneth79 View Post
So I thought I'd take a look at this thread so I can do some research for our upcoming Valentine's Weekend trip in February I just booked! We're staying CL at the Contemporary (12th floor) for three nights and I'm pretty excited about what I've seen so far.

This will be our first trip to the Contemporary, but I knew we had to give it a try after my husband said "I want to stay here" after dinner at CG!
I hope you have a great time and I am wondering did you reserve the Theme Park View or Bay Lake View?
Old 10-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #530
wdhinn89
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What was the discount?
Old 10-05-2011, 12:51 PM   #531
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Congratulations on getting that discount.

As for getting a King Bed according to their 2011 rates the Contemporary has a room category called Tower Standard (Parking Lot) View King. So it sounds like you can now reserve a room with that type of bed.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:52 PM   #532
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
WHAT? You changed again? I don't know why I'm surprised.

That's awesome that you were able to get a TPV room with a discount!

Let me know what you think of CR! As of right now, I have us booked for our 1st ever stay here for next Oct....if I don't have to cancel it.

Y'all are going to have such a fabulous trip!!!
I know I am a wreck It sang to me on the website....STAY HERE>>>>> I will definitely report back to ya girl
Old 10-05-2011, 12:54 PM   #533
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Congratulations on getting that discount.

As for getting a King Bed according to their 2011 rates the Contemporary has a room category called Tower Standard (Parking Lot) View King. So it sounds like you can now reserve a room with that type of bed.
The CM said I could request a King as there are both 2Q with daybed and King in the Tower TPV category. If it's between the view and the King, I'll take the view. It's all good. I am REALLY looking forward to walking to MK, EMH evening is our first full day there
Old 10-05-2011, 12:56 PM   #534
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nklooz View Post
So, even though there isn't a zero entry pool? Is there a kiddie pool or do either of the two pools have a shallow enough end for a 2 1/2 yo to be able to toddle around in? Really leaning CR for the view and the Magic Kingdom surround sound but feel nervous abt the pool situation.
There isn't a kiddie pool, but there is a ledge at water level that runs around the entire pool (and those zero entry "type" steps I posted a photo of on the last page.) Little kids like to sit on the ledge and jump in toward an adult.

While there isn't a kiddie pool, there is a great, newish water feature splash area in-between the Sand Bar and the Mickey pool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenneth79 View Post

Congratulations on booking! You'll have to make an ADR for CG

Quote:

Hey! You already answered my question, smarty pants! Well, you know how I feel about the Poly AND you know how I feel about the CR, so I just have one thing to say...

Don't change this reservation

You've got to make an ADR for CG - or did you already do that

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 10-05-2011 at 07:56 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:57 PM   #535
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdhinn89 View Post
What was the discount?
I think we were all posting at the same time. Sorry I missed your post, it was on the Disneyworld.com special offers page:

Save up to 30% at Select Disney Resort Hotels!
Each year, magical moments meld with holiday cheer at Walt Disney World Resort. Here, you'll enjoy seasonal events, festive décor and great nightly rates—all the makings of a happy holiday vacation!

This holiday season, save up to 30% at select Disney Resort Hotels when you book through November 19, 2011 for stays most nights October 30 to November 18, 2011 and November 26 to December 23, 2011.

For example, stay in a standard room at select Disney Value Resort hotels* starting at just $76 per night, plus tax for stays most Sunday to Thursday nights October 30, 2011 to November 18, 2011 and November 26 to December 22, 2011. That's a savings of 20%!

Discover great rates at a variety of Resort types:

Hotel Category Savings
Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resort Hotels
30%
Select Disney Deluxe Resort Hotels*
Up to 30%
Select Disney Moderate Resort Hotels*
Up to 20%
Select Disney Value Resort Hotels*
Up to 20%

* Exceptions include the following Resort hotels, which offer alternative rates:

Save 15% at Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Save 15% at Disney's Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
Save 25% at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Save 25% at Disney's Polynesian Resort

The number of rooms available at this rate is limited. Savings based on the non-discounted price of the same room. Minimum stay requirements may apply for Friday or Saturday arrivals. See Important Details. Book by November 19, 2011! Check Availability Now
Old 10-05-2011, 01:01 PM   #536
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Congratulations on booking and happy anniversary! You'll have to make an ADR for CG

Hey! You already answered my question, smarty pants! Well, you know how I feel about the Poly AND you know how I feel about the CR, so I just have one thing to say...

Don't change this reservation

You've got to make an ADR for CG - or did you already do that
You know I listen to you kook, at least I do try......

The CM on the phone said that about CG, we have Chef Mickey's already....I did get an ADR for CG but now I have to check the menu for my lovely (but picky) DH
Old 10-05-2011, 01:03 PM   #537
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The CM said I could request a King as there are both 2Q with daybed and King in the Tower TPV category. If it's between the view and the King, I'll take the view. It's all good. I am REALLY looking forward to walking to MK, EMH evening is our first full day there
Oh I see what you mean. Anyway I hope you have a great time staying there and I am sure you will enjoy the walk to the Magic Kingdom.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:07 PM   #538
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
You know I listen to you kook, at least I do try......

The CM on the phone said that about CG, we have Chef Mickey's already....I did get an ADR for CG but now I have to check the menu for my lovely (but picky) DH
Here's a link to some photos I posted in August of The Wave's (great) breakfast buffet and some CG food/menu photos:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....762185&page=20
Old 10-05-2011, 01:09 PM   #539
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think we were all posting at the same time. Sorry I missed your post, it was on the Disneyworld.com special offers page:

Save up to 30% at Select Disney Resort Hotels!
Each year, magical moments meld with holiday cheer at Walt Disney World Resort. Here, you'll enjoy seasonal events, festive décor and great nightly rates—all the makings of a happy holiday vacation!

This holiday season, save up to 30% at select Disney Resort Hotels when you book through November 19, 2011 for stays most nights October 30 to November 18, 2011 and November 26 to December 23, 2011.

For example, stay in a standard room at select Disney Value Resort hotels* starting at just $76 per night, plus tax for stays most Sunday to Thursday nights October 30, 2011 to November 18, 2011 and November 26 to December 22, 2011. That's a savings of 20%!

Discover great rates at a variety of Resort types:

Hotel Category Savings
Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resort Hotels
30%
Select Disney Deluxe Resort Hotels*
Up to 30%
Select Disney Moderate Resort Hotels*
Up to 20%
Select Disney Value Resort Hotels*
Up to 20%

* Exceptions include the following Resort hotels, which offer alternative rates:

Save 15% at Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Save 15% at Disney's Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
Save 25% at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Save 25% at Disney's Polynesian Resort

The number of rooms available at this rate is limited. Savings based on the non-discounted price of the same room. Minimum stay requirements may apply for Friday or Saturday arrivals. See Important Details. Book by November 19, 2011! Check Availability Now
I was wondering if WDW was going to release a new Fall/Winter room only discount, because in 2010 the same type of discount was announced in the middle of August.

While that's great for those who were waiting for them I just checked the rates from 12/08/11 - 12/22/11 when I am at the Boardwalk Inn and it's more expensive because during that time I got the 40% Annual Pass rate.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:18 PM   #540
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh I see what you mean. Anyway I hope you have a great time staying there and I am sure you will enjoy the walk to the Magic Kingdom.
Me too! Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Here's a link to some photos I posted in August of The Wave's (great) breakfast buffet and some CG food/menu photos:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....762185&page=20
Thank you!
Quote:
I was wondering if WDW was going to release a new Fall/Winter room only discount, because in 2010 the same type of discount was announced in the middle of August.

While that's great for those who were waiting for them I just checked the rates from 12/08/11 - 12/22/11 when I am at the Boardwalk Inn and it's more expensive because during that time I got the 40% Annual Pass rate.
I really should get an AP. I was giving up on the GP offers this year, I booked the 40% off summer around the same time as you did last year, and I kept changing Earlier it was only the Jan-Feb offer, the Oct-Dec "snuck in" a little later today. I found it strange that they released Winter BEFORE Fall. All good though...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: