Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 02:24 PM   #511
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Thanks...I didnt think there would be much of a difference
I forgot to mention the Tower rooms start on the 5th floor, however that floor only has the Bay Lake View rooms. So that's what I meant when I said the Theme Park View Rooms start on the 6th floor and why it's the lowest floor you can get.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:30 PM   #512
nklooz
Mouseketeer

HELP ME DECIDE - Please

So, I am really torn. In me and my husband's mind, we've been set on staying at the GF in a theme park view room ever since we took our 8 yo daughter in 2007 and stayed at the POR. Now, we're going back with our to be 13 yo and our to be 2 1/2 yo (her first trip). I have started considering the Contemporary, largely for the superior theme park view rooms. I need help understanding a few things to see if we'll be happy here vs. GF.

A few things to know - cost isn't a deciding factor. The $600 difference for the week isn't the reason for considering the CR vs. GF. We just want the best choice for our family. The the primary target for this trip is the 2 1/2 yo. She is a laid back kiddo but naps are important, thus our desire for the monorail. We want a theme park view so we can watch the fireworks from our room when she's too worn down to be at the park. I have read and seen that this view is better from the CR vs. GF and so added this to my consideration set. Here's the big downside though - she LOVES princesses and GF just seems more princessy. She loves Cinderalla and calls her Rella. My other concern is the pool. Is there a zero entry portion? I'm nervous that outside of the better view, we'll find the CR dull. I don't want it to feel hotely and not Disney magicy. Am I making sense?

I've placed this in the CR forum thinking you guys are going to show me how none of the above worries are valid. And, how my 2 1/2 yo will find the CR tons of fun. So, on your marks, get set, go
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2011, 03:31 PM   #513
nklooz
Mouseketeer

And, thanks in advance!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 03:47 PM   #514
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nklooz View Post
So, I am really torn. In me and my husband's mind, we've been set on staying at the GF in a theme park view room ever since we took our 8 yo daughter in 2007 and stayed at the POR. Now, we're going back with our to be 13 yo and our to be 2 1/2 yo (her first trip). I have started considering the Contemporary, largely for the superior theme park view rooms. I need help understanding a few things to see if we'll be happy here vs. GF.

A few things to know - cost isn't a deciding factor. The $600 difference for the week isn't the reason for considering the CR vs. GF. We just want the best choice for our family. The the primary target for this trip is the 2 1/2 yo. She is a laid back kiddo but naps are important, thus our desire for the monorail. We want a theme park view so we can watch the fireworks from our room when she's too worn down to be at the park. I have read and seen that this view is better from the CR vs. GF and so added this to my consideration set. Here's the big downside though - she LOVES princesses and GF just seems more princessy. She loves Cinderalla and calls her Rella. My other concern is the pool. Is there a zero entry portion? I'm nervous that outside of the better view, we'll find the CR dull. I don't want it to feel hotely and not Disney magicy. Am I making sense?

I've placed this in the CR forum thinking you guys are going to show me how none of the above worries are valid. And, how my 2 1/2 yo will find the CR tons of fun. So, on your marks, get set, go
I find being able to walk to the MK from the CR very magical, and the fact that the monorail runs right through the resort not dull at all! That, combined with the best MK views from both the TPV rooms and from CA Grill, make the CR a great choice for your family.

The Mickey-shaped (main) pool has a zero entry and there is also a beach area just steps from the pool.

My DD (almost 13) thinks the CR's arcade is the best and she loves eating at CA Grill and going outside on the observation deck to take photos and look around.

The Wave has a fantastic breakfast buffet and Chef Mickey's is a great character dining experience with many of the Disney character "originals."

I also think you might like that the toilet area is separate from the sinks and bath/shower area and with all Tower rooms, the view you book, either Bay Lake or TPV, is guaranteed to have a full balcony and great view with no obstructions.

Oh, and did I mention that the monorail runs right through the resort?
Old 10-04-2011, 04:02 PM   #515
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I would say that WDWKOOK already gave you a lot of great information why you should go with the Contemporary and here is some extra things which I am going to add.

Their Tower - Theme Park View is of the whole Magic Kingdom, where as at the Grand Floridian their Theme Park View is just of Cinderella's Castle or Space Mountain and is more expensive. Personally I don't see why you would spend more money when you would just be looking at one specifc part, when you can see the whole thing at the Contemporary. So I can't see how the Grand Floridian calls what they have a Theme Park View when the Contemporary has what a real Theme Park View should be.

Also when it comes to a Quick Service location I would say the Contempo Cafe is a lot better then Gasparilla's Grill & Games. Now that is not the Contemporary bias in me saying that because in the past I always enjoyed going to the Grand Floridian just to eat at Gasparilla's Grill & Games. However about 1 or 2 years ago they took away my favorite item on their menu and ever since then I would say their quality of food has gone way downhill, so I can't see myself going to eat there anymore.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:15 PM   #516
Carrie772
Resolve to Recycle!

I am really enjoying this thread! My family loves the Polynesian, but my littlest wants to stay at the CR soooo bad! I am reading up so I can be the expert when we do a split stay...someday.
'76 CR; '83 offsite; '94 CBR; '02 Residence Inn; '04 CSR; '05 Poly; '05 ASSp/WL; '06 Poly; '07 POR; '07 WL; '08 CSR; '09 Poly; '10 WL; '11 Poly; '11 POR/Poly; '12 CR/Poly; '13 Poly; '14 Quickie at BC;
Old 10-04-2011, 05:10 PM   #517
racegirl1414
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I find being able to walk to the MK from the CR very magical, and the fact that the monorail runs right through the resort not dull at all! That, combined with the best MK views from both the TPV rooms and from CA Grill, make the CR a great choice for your family.

The Mickey-shaped (main) pool has a zero entry and there is also a beach area just steps from the pool.

My DD (almost 13) thinks the CR's arcade is the best and she loves eating at CA Grill and going outside on the observation deck to take photos and look around.

The Wave has a fantastic breakfast buffet and Chef Mickey's is a great character dining experience with many of the Disney character "originals."

I also think you might like that the toilet area is separate from the sinks and bath/shower area and with all Tower rooms, the view you book, either Bay Lake or TPV, is guaranteed to have a full balcony and great view with no obstructions.

Oh, and did I mention that the monorail runs right through the resort?
Hi everyone, I just booked our first stay at the CR with the Disney Visa offer so I'm excited to join this thread. We have stayed at the WL for both our previous visits and were lucky enough to stay in a room both times where we could see the castle in the distance. We booked TPV for this stay so I can't wait to see the view from the CR. My boys also LOVE that the monorail runs right thru the resort.

I didn't realize the the CR had a zero entry pool, I knew BLT had one though. This makes me even more excited as it will be great for my 3 year old.

February 2010 Wilderness Lodge
February 2011 Wilderness Lodge (one night at the POP)
Old 10-04-2011, 05:36 PM   #518
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by racegirl1414 View Post
Hi everyone, I just booked our first stay at the CR with the Disney Visa offer so I'm excited to join this thread. We have stayed at the WL for both our previous visits and were lucky enough to stay in a room both times where we could see the castle in the distance. We booked TPV for this stay so I can't wait to see the view from the CR. My boys also LOVE that the monorail runs right thru the resort.

I didn't realize the the CR had a zero entry pool, I knew BLT had one though. This makes me even more excited as it will be great for my 3 year old.
Umm, would your 3-year-old enjoy these (almost) zero entry steps pictured here in this really cute photo of the CR pool I found on the DIS?

Seems I mixed up the CR pool with another Deluxe resort's zero entry pool that's across the lagoon. So glad you caught my error - thank you! Oh, and I hope you have a great first visit and at least I got the part about the monorail right - I hope...
Old 10-04-2011, 07:11 PM   #519
racegirl1414
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Umm, would your 3-year-old enjoy these (almost) zero entry steps pictured here in this really cute photo of the CR pool I found on the DIS?

Seems I mixed up the CR pool with another Deluxe resort's zero entry pool that's across the lagoon. So glad you caught my error - thank you! Oh, and I hope you have a great first visit and at least I got the part about the monorail right - I hope...

Thanks for clarifying, I hope you didn't think I was being snarky. I honestly thought that I had just overlooked the zero entry part of the pool. That's close enough for us though!

February 2010 Wilderness Lodge
February 2011 Wilderness Lodge (one night at the POP)
Old 10-04-2011, 09:22 PM   #520
Eliserose
Mouseketeer

We just got back. We have a 2 year old too and it was great to watch the fireworks from our balcony. It was our first time ever and we were so impressed with the hotel-I'm definitely spoiled now...We loved everything about the hotel and the location is just great. It doesn't have a princess-y feel, but the monorail going through it and Chef Mickey's will do the trick!
Old 10-04-2011, 10:17 PM   #521
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliserose View Post
We just got back. We have a 2 year old too and it was great to watch the fireworks from our balcony. It was our first time ever and we were so impressed with the hotel-I'm definitely spoiled now...We loved everything about the hotel and the location is just great. It doesn't have a princess-y feel, but the monorail going through it and Chef Mickey's will do the trick!
It's great to read that you had a wonderfull time.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:22 AM   #522
nklooz
Mouseketeer

Thanks to everyone for all of the thoughts!
Old 10-05-2011, 06:24 AM   #523
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Thanks to everyone for all of the thoughts!
You're welcome. Soooo... is it CR or GF?
Old 10-05-2011, 09:43 AM   #524
nklooz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You're welcome. Soooo... is it CR or GF?
Haha, not sure. I will have to obsess over it for at least another week. I will say that the non zero entry is a downside to me because for my 2 1/2 yo who prefers the beach to pools because she can walk in and out of the water herself, the zero entry fits her well. However, the CR view seems unbeatable and like the full park view. We'll see what my husband thinks. He's totally gonna say "whatever you want". Aaaah!
Old 10-05-2011, 10:25 AM   #525
nklooz
Mouseketeer

So, even though there isn't a zero entry pool? Is there a kiddie pool or do either of the two pools have a shallow enough end for a 2 1/2 yo to be able to toddle around in? Really leaning CR for the view and the Magic Kingdom surround sound but feel nervous abt the pool situation.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: