Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 02:43 PM   #496
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Just switched our reservation this afternoon for our fall break trip next Oct to CR. We are booked in a Garden Wing, Garden View. How far is the walk from those rooms to the MK via walkway? And how far is the walk to the monrail so we can go to Epcot?

We were originally planning on trying AoA, but when I looked today and saw it only being a few hundred $ more to switch to CR (and considering we are only going for 2 days in parks...MNSSHP & FW Festival, it just made sense).

So, can someone help w/ my questions above? Thanks so much and really looking forward to our CR stay
Old 10-02-2011, 02:48 PM   #497
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Just switched our reservation this afternoon for our fall break trip next Oct to CR. We are booked in a Garden Wing, Garden View. How far is the walk from those rooms to the MK via walkway? And how far is the walk to the monrail so we can go to Epcot?

We were originally planning on trying AoA, but when I looked today and saw it only being a few hundred $ more to switch to CR (and considering we are only going for 2 days in parks...MNSSHP & FW Festival, it just made sense).

So, can someone help w/ my questions above? Thanks so much and really looking forward to our CR stay
I would say it's about a 5 minute walk from the Garden Wing building to the begining of the Magic Kingdom walkway, since you need to go through the lobby and past the Contemporary bus station.

As for getting to the Monorail station on the 4th floor I would say it's around the same time frame, since you will once again need go into the lobby and then take the elevator or esclators to the 4th floor.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2011, 02:48 PM   #498
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

I wanted to answer the question about bringing people into the Club Level Lounge...

I just stayed CL last Friday and my parents stayed in a regular TPV room. The CL Cm's didn't have any problem with me bringing two extra people up to enjoy the lounge. I asked upon arrival and she said it was most definitely ok.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:49 PM   #499
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princssdisnygina View Post
I wanted to answer the question about bringing people into the Club Level Lounge...

I just stayed CL last Friday and my parents stayed in a regular TPV room. The CL Cm's didn't have any problem with me bringing two extra people up to enjoy the lounge. I asked upon arrival and she said it was most definitely ok.
Thanks for letting us know what they said.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:04 PM   #500
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I would say it's about a 5 minute walk from the Garden Wing building to the begining of the Magic Kingdom walkway, since you need to go through the lobby and past the Contemporary bus station.

As for getting to the Monorail station on the 4th floor I would say it's around the same time frame, since you will once again need go into the lobby and then take the elevator or esclators to the 4th floor.
Thank you so much for the quick response
Old 10-02-2011, 03:31 PM   #501
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you so much for the quick response
You're welcome.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:41 AM   #502
pmdeve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princssdisnygina View Post

Thanks for posting the CM's response.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:31 PM   #503
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Just called WDW ressies to change my Garden room to a Tower room-TPV . I made a request to be away from CM...the girl said the rooms by CM have a better TPV, but she would still add my request. I thought I read it was practically the same view?
Old 10-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #504
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just called WDW ressies to change my Garden room to a Tower room-TPV . I made a request to be away from CM...the girl said the rooms by CM have a better TPV, but she would still add my request. I thought I read it was practically the same view?
When I have stayed at the Contemporary in a non Club Level room the lowest floor in the Tower I have been on was on the 6th floor and it's the lowest floor possible you can get with the Theme Park View. The highest floor I have stayed at that wasn't a Club Level room was the 11th floor, which is the last regular floor since the 12th and 14th floors are Club Level rooms. Anyway between the 6th floor and 11th floor I honestly didn't notice a difference when it comes to how the Magic Kingdom looked.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:33 PM   #505
glk2009
Mouseketeer

Smile TPV! Here I come!

I just had to share that I was able to change my reservation to a TPV with the Disney Visa room discount!!! It wasn't available yesterday when I called, but it was available today! I'm so glad that decided to try my luck and call again today!

I talked to the nicest CM who made the change for me and she was telling me that she and her DH just stayed there for their anniversary and that they loved having the view!

I am so excited and I know my DD3 (almost 4) will love seeing the castle when she wakes up and when she goes to sleep!

Now, if only it was January and I was already there!

Old 10-03-2011, 03:44 PM   #506
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glk2009 View Post
I just had to share that I was able to change my reservation to a TPV with the Disney Visa room discount!!! It wasn't available yesterday when I called, but it was available today! I'm so glad that decided to try my luck and call again today!

I talked to the nicest CM who made the change for me and she was telling me that she and her DH just stayed there for their anniversary and that they loved having the view!

I am so excited and I know my DD3 (almost 4) will love seeing the castle when she wakes up and when she goes to sleep!

Congratulations on getting the view with that discount and I hope you have a great time.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:57 PM   #507
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
I'm not sure what the CM meant. If you have a TPV and are closer to CM then you're actually slightly further away from the MK and closer to the convention center area. I would actually think that your request is more desirable since it puts you further from CM, closer to the MK and further from the convention center's roof.

Quote:

That is so exciting! January will be here before you know it
Old 10-03-2011, 04:38 PM   #508
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:

I called today, since it was the first day I could make a reservation on points. I was able to get three of the four nights I need for May in a studio TPV. For now, I'm taking a Lake View for the fourth night and will wait-list for the fourth night.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:37 PM   #509
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

we have stayed at the cont. twice in the last three years between our dvc point trips. we are at okw now for 11 nights and today we had to go over to the contempo for lunch for old time sake! looking forward to staying again in may 2012.
we have stayed on the 6th floor and 10th floor, tpv, and the view is the same but the lower floor your on, it makes it easier to see the castle from laying in bed. the higher up you are, you have to look down to see the castle. ( i hate having to lift my head off the pillow)

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

Old 10-03-2011, 11:13 PM   #510
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
When I have stayed at the Contemporary in a non Club Level room the lowest floor in the Tower I have been on was on the 6th floor and it's the lowest floor possible you can get with the Theme Park View. The highest floor I have stayed at that wasn't a Club Level room was the 11th floor, which is the last regular floor since the 12th and 14th floors are Club Level rooms. Anyway between the 6th floor and 11th floor I honestly didn't notice a difference when it comes to how the Magic Kingdom looked.
Thanks...I didnt think there would be much of a difference

[QUOTE=WDWKOOK;42834753]I'm not sure what the CM meant. If you have a TPV and are closer to CM then you're actually slightly further away from the MK and closer to the convention center area. I would actually think that your request is more desirable since it puts you further from CM, closer to the MK and further from the convention center's roof.

Ok, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
we have stayed at the cont. twice in the last three years between our dvc point trips. we are at okw now for 11 nights and today we had to go over to the contempo for lunch for old time sake! looking forward to staying again in may 2012.
we have stayed on the 6th floor and 10th floor, tpv, and the view is the same but the lower floor your on, it makes it easier to see the castle from laying in bed. the higher up you are, you have to look down to see the castle. ( i hate having to lift my head off the pillow)
Ha, ha...hating having to lift your head off the pillow to see the castle . I'm not telling my kids what the view will be, I am going to let them be suprised. It would be nice to see the castle from bed in the morning/evening. Cant wait...until next Oct.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: