Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 08:07 AM   #31
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Last edited by CoachBagFanatic; 07-22-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:41 PM   #32
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Oh no, I looked at your lovely pictures, Heather and my heart sank a little knowing we're not booked there. But, I have to keep telling myself that we're staying CL at the WL for the same price as a Tower/BLV non-CL room and we were just there in August and December

OK, I told myself all those things, but I'm still missing the CR.
STOP sneaking over here looking at the CR!!! The WL & Poly will be fabulous!!! You'll be there very, very soon!!!!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2011, 01:02 PM   #33
mirage0306
DIS Veteran

Woo! I seriously cannot wait to stay here next year!

2011: WDW, Wilderness Lodge | 2012: WDW, Caribbean Beach/Boardwalk Inn CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge | 2013: WDW, Polynesian CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge CL | 2013: DLR, Candy Cane Inn

Up next: CCI/GCH, August 2014

Old 07-21-2011, 01:10 PM   #34
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
STOP sneaking over here looking at the CR!!! The WL & Poly will be fabulous!!! You'll be there very, very soon!!!!
The girl can't help it.....let's see if she stays at WL/Poly or if she sneaks a change in when she gets there. I miss her already...

Oh, and I'm researching for my girls trip

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 07-21-2011, 01:19 PM   #35
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
I can't blame her because we know how great the Contemporary is.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:34 PM   #36
ktbugsmom
DIS Veteran

I am heading to BLT in a couple weeks. My "small" vacation turned into a "group" vacation - so I had to add another room (husband, stepdaughter, friend and daughter wanted to join me, DD, SIL and nephew).

I could not get another studio at BLT (or a two bedroom)- so I was "stuck" getting a Tower Room - Magic Kingdom View. (bummer - right? ) I had a great code - so it worked out okay.

I have not been to the CR since BLT was built. My question is - How far away are the two buildings? I know there is a walkway (4th floor right?) - but I am just curious - 5 minutes walk?

I could have saved a bundle and gotten a DVC studio at WLV - but felt we would be too separated. So I splurged and got a Tower Room. Now I am psyched since my family will stay there - and my SIL, nephew, friend and daughter will take the studio BLT - but I don't want them to think we have abandoned them!

Also - - will my morning coffee option be the Contempo Cafe? (love those refillable mugs)

Thanks for the help! Can't wait until August 13 when we arrive!
Old 07-21-2011, 04:19 PM   #37
sparks19
DIS Veteran

Anyone done the walk from CR to MK? whats the walk like? how long is it? any ambience? do we have to cross any streets? etc

LOL can you tell I'm running out of things to plan.

My Etsy Name: Hannahshands (I make jewelry)
Old 07-21-2011, 09:15 PM   #38
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktbugsmom View Post
I am heading to BLT in a couple weeks. My "small" vacation turned into a "group" vacation - so I had to add another room (husband, stepdaughter, friend and daughter wanted to join me, DD, SIL and nephew).

I could not get another studio at BLT (or a two bedroom)- so I was "stuck" getting a Tower Room - Magic Kingdom View. (bummer - right? ) I had a great code - so it worked out okay.

I have not been to the CR since BLT was built. My question is - How far away are the two buildings? I know there is a walkway (4th floor right?) - but I am just curious - 5 minutes walk?

I could have saved a bundle and gotten a DVC studio at WLV - but felt we would be too separated. So I splurged and got a Tower Room. Now I am psyched since my family will stay there - and my SIL, nephew, friend and daughter will take the studio BLT - but I don't want them to think we have abandoned them!

Also - - will my morning coffee option be the Contempo Cafe? (love those refillable mugs)

Thanks for the help! Can't wait until August 13 when we arrive!
Just past the Bay View Gifts store on the 4th floor is the doors which lead onto the skybridge that goes from the Contemporary into Bay Lake Tower.

Yes you can get Coffe in the mornings with your mug at the Contempo Cafe.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:17 PM   #39
thechesters420
Mouseketeer

I'm here!! The walk to the Magic Kingdom is about ten minutes and is not bad at all, it's sctually very nice!
Old 07-21-2011, 09:17 PM   #40
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Anyone done the walk from CR to MK? whats the walk like? how long is it? any ambience? do we have to cross any streets? etc

LOL can you tell I'm running out of things to plan.
I have done that walk multiple times which is very easy and it takes me around 10 minutes. You only have to cross one street and there is a set of traffic lights, so it will say when you are able to go.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:32 AM   #41
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
The girl can't help it.....let's see if she stays at WL/Poly or if she sneaks a change in when she gets there. I miss her already...

Oh, and I'm researching for my girls trip
What?? I thought WL???!! Hmmm....CR would be an excellent choice...no doubt about it! Bigger rooms, monorail access, close to MK, excellent views of Bay Lake and MK, close to 7 wonderful restaurants...need I say more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I can't blame her because we know how great the Contemporary is.
Bet KOOK is on her IPhone as we type...looking at the CR pics riding down I-95!!

KOOK

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
Old 07-22-2011, 11:37 AM   #42
mgpan
Mouseketeer

Directions for parents using Reams Road

My parents may be coming to join us for our stay at the Contemporary. Last year they got majorly lost following Garmin directions to the All-Stars, so the fewer roads the better. It also took them forever so i'm looking for a short distance coming south from the Turnpike and thinking about having them use Western Expressway as we did last year.

My question is can guest access the following: County Road 535 (Ficquette-Hancock Road) to Reams Road to Center Drive to World Drive and come in by Space Mountain to access the Contemporary? This is also the route we plan to take and want to make sure it is not off limits to guests at some point because it does sort of go back stage. Sorry to challenge you guys geographically, but I feel it would be easiest/fastest way?

Anyone travel this route?
Old 07-22-2011, 01:31 PM   #43
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgpan View Post
My parents may be coming to join us for our stay at the Contemporary. Last year they got majorly lost following Garmin directions to the All-Stars, so the fewer roads the better. It also took them forever so i'm looking for a short distance coming south from the Turnpike and thinking about having them use Western Expressway as we did last year.

My question is can guest access the following: County Road 535 (Ficquette-Hancock Road) to Reams Road to Center Drive to World Drive and come in by Space Mountain to access the Contemporary? This is also the route we plan to take and want to make sure it is not off limits to guests at some point because it does sort of go back stage. Sorry to challenge you guys geographically, but I feel it would be easiest/fastest way?

Anyone travel this route?
In the past my family and I have went on Reams Road when going to the Winter Garden Shopping Village, so yes anyone is allowed to drive in that area.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:09 PM   #44
mgpan
Mouseketeer

Thanks for info about Reams Road

I don't think it's quite as "magical" as coming in one of the main signed entrances to property, but it should save some time, traffic and confusion.

I seem to be having to click on the 2010 Thread and then your last post to be able to find this 2011 Contemporary thread. Am i missing it being in the listing of WDW resort FAQ links?
Old 07-22-2011, 02:35 PM   #45
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgpan View Post
I don't think it's quite as "magical" as coming in one of the main signed entrances to property, but it should save some time, traffic and confusion.

I seem to be having to click on the 2010 Thread and then your last post to be able to find this 2011 Contemporary thread. Am i missing it being in the listing of WDW resort FAQ links?
You're welcome and it's the Resort Moderators that need to add the updated the FAQ thread list with our newest thread.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: