Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 01:44 PM   #16
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherenae71 View Post
One night on our trip, we're taking the boat to WL for dinner at WCC. On our ride back to CR - if fireworks happen to be going off - can you see them from the boat ride on Bay Lake?
You might be able to see part of them, however it's hard to say because of the Contemporary Tower and Bay Lake Tower being in the way. The only thing I can say is you will be able to hear them when they are going off.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:49 PM   #17
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
As an early page poster, I just wanted to note that if you plan to have an "un-Disney" Disney vacation, and plan to sleep late a few days, be sure to request a room on a high floor and/or the north side away from Chef Mickey's. We were on the seventh floor right above CM, and it was LOUD. Not the normal eating noise, but the yelling and screaming for every kid's birthday was really bad. They encourage everyone to scream and wave their napkins. If you're waking up early for rope drop, though, not a problem!
I think when it comes to something like this it depends on what each persons opinion is and where their room is located. There have been a few times when staying on the 12th floor that I got a room over Chef Mickey's, however I didn't mind noise from there. The last time I stayed on the 12th floor was in August 2010 and was in room #4808 on the Bay Lake side. Well that specifc room was right over the Contempo Cafe, however it was almost right at the begining of where Chef Mickey's starts. Although I can say that I didn't hear any noise from there.

However I do agree if anyone thinks noise from there will be a problem the best thing is to request a room away from Chef Mickey's over the Fantasia store, having a higher floor would only be a bonus.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2011, 02:34 PM   #18
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

I like the new thread. Have a great trip. We're finally out of the 100 range and counting down to our first trip to BLT.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 07-20-2011, 03:38 PM   #19
mgpan
Mouseketeer

May I add a couple of questions?

With a little one, we are excited to be able to stay at CR and see fireworks from the room balcony a night or two during our stay. On other nights, how is the noise level of Wishes inside a MK view room with the balcony doors closed, something you could sleep through? Just in case he's very tired and turns in around 8 or so. I know Wishes will be late some nights when MNNSHP is going on from looking at park and event calendars.

Secondly, Chef Mickey's, the Concourse, etc., can you barely hear noise inside your room later at night, early in the a.m or REALLY hear it? Thanks for any responses
Old 07-20-2011, 03:45 PM   #20
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgpan View Post
With a little one, we are excited to be able to stay at CR and see fireworks from the room balcony a night or two during our stay. On other nights, how is the noise level of Wishes inside a MK view room with the balcony doors closed, something you could sleep through? Just in case he's very tired and turns in around 8 or so. I know Wishes will be late some nights when MNNSHP is going on from looking at park and event calendars.

Secondly, Chef Mickey's, the Concourse, etc., can you barely hear noise inside your room later at night, early in the a.m or REALLY hear it? Thanks for any responses
Well even with the balcony doors closed you can still hear the bang of the fireworks when they go off, however it's not as bad if you were standing outside or had the balcony door opened.

The noise level on the 4th floor depends on which floor your room will be located on. So if your room is over Chef Mickey's chances are you will hear it, although others claim it's not a problem and others don't like it. Basically that comes down to your personal opinion, although you can request a room away from there just incase. Now the lowest floor I ever had in the Tower was on the 6th floor which was right above the Monorail station. However I can honestly say we never heard any noise from it or people talking when they were in line.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:59 PM   #21
mgpan
Mouseketeer

Thank you CR Fan

I have a request noted for a high floor, I didn't think it would be bad, but travelling a lot for work i'm amazed at the things you hear through the walls and doors of hotel rooms. Some of which I wouldn't want to have to explain to a three year old! Hopefully he'll be able to sleep soundly after being so tired, if we can calm him down from being so excited to be at this favorite place! Having stayed in the Garden Wing and loved it, we hope we'll like this even more.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:01 PM   #22
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgpan View Post
I have a request noted for a high floor, I didn't think it would be bad, but travelling a lot for work i'm amazed at the things you hear through the walls and doors of hotel rooms. Some of which I wouldn't want to have to explain to a three year old! Hopefully he'll be able to sleep soundly after being so tired, if we can calm him down from being so excited to be at this favorite place! Having stayed in the Garden Wing and loved it, we hope we'll like this even more.
You're welcome and I hope you have a wonderfull time staying there.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:04 PM   #23
katydyd
Earning My Ears

Hopping in to the new thread.

I've got two upcoming stays at the CR booked. 8/4-8/10, DS and I will be staying Tower-MK view to celebrate his 18th birthday. Then I've got a stay booked in November for an annual continuing ed conference that I go to every year and my husband will actually be going along with me (he loathes Disney....it's his one flaw).

These will be my third and fourth trips to the CR. I have to be honest, so far, it's my favorite resort on property, so I'm VERY excited to be staying there twice this year.

Thanks for the pics and CR info thread!
Old 07-20-2011, 05:22 PM   #24
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Yes you are the 1st one to reply and welcome to the new thread. Also it would be great if you posted some of your recent Contemporary pictures, of course please do that when you get a chance.
Don't mind at all! Will have them by morning Thanks for starting the new thread!

CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 2- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu
Old 07-20-2011, 05:31 PM   #25
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Great information! I love BLT & CR and look forward to staying there again.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:18 PM   #26
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Here are a few pictures from our recent trip...more to come later!

CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 2- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu
Old 07-20-2011, 08:34 PM   #27
fallschurch
Earning My Ears

Thank you for all of your hard work. Your information has been very helpful.
Sixteen days until my first stay at CR.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:46 PM   #28
kgreen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Here are a few pictures from our recent trip...more to come later!

nice view of mk!! i'm planning for a stay tower mk view for oct. 2012. this is an awesome thread, so informative. Thanks!!
Old 07-20-2011, 09:08 PM   #29
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Oh no, I looked at your lovely pictures, Heather and my heart sank a little knowing we're not booked there. But, I have to keep telling myself that we're staying CL at the WL for the same price as a Tower/BLV non-CL room and we were just there in August and December

OK, I told myself all those things, but I'm still missing the CR.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:45 PM   #30
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Great pictures Heather and just like WDWKOOK it's weird knowing that next month will be our second straight trip not staying there, although like last time we will be planning to visit and it's better then nothing.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: