Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #2146
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
If you're thinking in terms of VPN, it ain't happening. As was said, the connections are very spotty. For downloading a movie, I found whenever I would try to do something data intensive, like update a big (>1GB) app on my iPhone, it would consistently drop the connection -- as if it intentionally would prevent high data activities. Also agreed the wifi in the public areas are a LOT better, especially in the CR tower building public areas (like the lounge next to the Contempo Cafe), maybe because of the conferences held there?
Thats good to note, I'll have to take the iPad down there and enjoy a drink.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:49 AM   #2147
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreaming View Post
Thats good to note, I'll have to take the iPad down there and enjoy a drink.
It's also a different Wifi in the public areas than the room wifi, so even if you can still connect to the room wifi (from the lower rooms), you'll want to switch. That lounge has some comfortable couches and chairs, and they make good drinks, so it's pretty much a win all around. . (Ps-- they don't serve until 4 if I remember correctly, but its physically always open.)
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2012, 07:09 AM   #2148
prosplace
Earning My Ears

BLT and TOTWL

Hello everyone, I brought up about staying in BLT as a non-DVC member and was not allowed access to the TOTWL, even though over the prior two years while staying there we were allowed. I sent a nice email over to Disney, just inquiring on the policy. Was pleasantly suprised, to get a phone call yesterday from management on the concern and thanking me for staying at the resort. The policy has recently within the past 4-6 months been enforced, and wasn't so much luck prior, but that the policy was not being enforced. The policy allows for people who rent via a DVC member or a DVC member to have access, as the room cards will have DVC or some marker to show they are utilizing a room via DVC. Either way, follow up by management was great, policy not so much...lol, but nothing reserving a room with a magic kingdom view won't fix
Old 11-08-2012, 11:06 AM   #2149
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosplace View Post
Hello everyone, I brought up about staying in BLT as a non-DVC member and was not allowed access to the TOTWL, even though over the prior two years while staying there we were allowed. I sent a nice email over to Disney, just inquiring on the policy. Was pleasantly suprised, to get a phone call yesterday from management on the concern and thanking me for staying at the resort. The policy has recently within the past 4-6 months been enforced, and wasn't so much luck prior, but that the policy was not being enforced. The policy allows for people who rent via a DVC member or a DVC member to have access, as the room cards will have DVC or some marker to show they are utilizing a room via DVC. Either way, follow up by management was great, policy not so much...lol, but nothing reserving a room with a magic kingdom view won't fix
Thanks for the confirmation, prosplace
Old 11-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #2150
bosox2001
"...time to be turning around..."

BLT Requests

Does anyone know to whom to direct room requests at BLT?

Thanks!
Old 11-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #2151
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberlady View Post
Leaving next Thursday YIPPEE

Does the CR still provide the wonderful bath products?
It depends on your definition of wonderful. Earlier this year they switched from the Aquatica line to the Grapefruit Bergamot line. Same type of products - lotion, conditioner, shower gel, shampoo, bath soap and facial soap (the soaps contain sea salt, which is nice). I like citrus, so I prefer the grapefruit.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #2152
twodogs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosox2001 View Post
Does anyone know to whom to direct room requests at BLT?

Thanks!
Just call WDW reservations and they will add them to your reservation. We got all of ours at BLT this May that way. When they send you your email confirmation, you can see the comments where they list your requests.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:31 AM   #2153
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Starbucks will replace Fountainview Ice Cream in Epcot:

This location will be closed March 2013 through Mid-Summer 2013 to convert to a Starbucks location. The restaurant and cast member costumes will be themed to fit in with the futuristic atmosphere of Epcot. Offerings will include Starbucks beverages, artisan breakfast sandwiches and a selection of baked goods, including muffins, scones and specialty treats.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #2154
Cumbley
Mouseketeer

Hi all, we check in to the Contemporary on Wednesday (can't wait!). We have stayed there before in a tower room, this time we are in the garden wing. I've got a couple of questions I should know the answer to but can't remember and am hoping you guys can help me! First question - towels - are they available at the pool (anything I don't have to pack is good news!) secondly is it possible to get a toaster delivered to the room? I think we've done this in the past but wanted to check.

Thanks for your help!
Cheryl

Old 11-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #2155
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Plenty of towels at the pool. Don't know about toasters.

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
Old 11-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #2156
Cumbley
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK
Plenty of towels at the pool. Don't know about toasters.
Thank you!

Old 11-15-2012, 03:32 PM   #2157
WDWKOOK

An actual CR resort branded product!

Disney Parks Blog
Old 11-15-2012, 05:45 PM   #2158
familygoboston
Mouseketeer

Question Expert help- should we move to save?

We have an opportunity to change our room only res from a one BR at Bay Lake Towers to Wilderness Lodge Villas and save over $600 ( 3 nights).
The family really wanted to stay at a monorail resort this time, we've been to many other villas, but this would be our first Contemporary visit.

My questions are:

-anyone stayed at both and have an opinion about which is nicer, I know WL has wonderful theming from our visits there, but BLT has the ability to walk to MK and monorail to EPCOT.

-space question; we have two big teens and the extra toilet and second pullout bed in the living area (so the girls wouldn't need to share a bed) at BLT seems like an advantage. The WLV seem to be similar to the BW and YC and BC, Saratoga Springs etc villas we've stayed in before, and there would be one queen sofa sleeper ( can you get a rollaway in there? I don't think so)

Any and all opinions appreciated, basically the savings would pay for the remainder of our tix, so I'm torn! TIA!
ABD Andean Highlands and Galapagos Islands 2012
Photo Review: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2987674
WDW- visits since 1976, lost count a long time ago.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:46 PM   #2159
WAWDWLUVER
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by familygoboston View Post
We have an opportunity to change our room only res from a one BR at Bay Lake Towers to Wilderness Lodge Villas and save over $600 ( 3 nights).
The family really wanted to stay at a monorail resort this time, we've been to many other villas, but this would be our first Contemporary visit.

My questions are:

-anyone stayed at both and have an opinion about which is nicer, I know WL has wonderful theming from our visits there, but BLT has the ability to walk to MK and monorail to EPCOT.

-space question; we have two big teens and the extra toilet and second pullout bed in the living area (so the girls wouldn't need to share a bed) at BLT seems like an advantage. The WLV seem to be similar to the BW and YC and BC, Saratoga Springs etc villas we've stayed in before, and there would be one queen sofa sleeper ( can you get a rollaway in there? I don't think so)

Any and all opinions appreciated, basically the savings would pay for the remainder of our tix, so I'm torn! TIA!
In terms of "comfort" there is no question BLT would be the best by far. Also, it's what "the family really wanted" so...only you can decide if it is worth $600. The extra full bathroom would be worth the $600 to me!!! LOL
Old 11-16-2012, 04:33 AM   #2160
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by familygoboston View Post

My questions are:

Let me qualify my comments by saying that I just love both WL and CR and I've been in your same position in August. We wanted to try a villa for the first time and at one point had BLT booked, then VWL then Kidani and eventually ended up at BLT, (my BLT TR is hyperlinked in my signature). I can't recommend BLT enough - we loved it. But, we did do a BLT - WL/CL split so we got the best of both worlds. That might be something you want to consider doing - a BLT/VWL split stay so you can see for yourselves which you prefer.

Though I haven't stayed at VWL, I researched both very thoroughly and unless you must save the $600, I would book BLT. Only Kidani and BLT have two bathrooms in their one bedrooms. The second bathroom and extra square footage make the villa so much more spread out and roomy. Also, there are no bookable views with VWL, but there are three with BLT. We chose our favorite, BLV and it was amazing.

You'll have much more privacy, more square footage a better view and a newer villa with BLT, not to mention you can walk to the MK. Let us know what you end up booking.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: