Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 08:28 AM   #2116
marylandgirl
Mouseketeer

I'm confused, Bay Lake Towers is separate of CR and you can only book there if you arr a DVC member correct? So if I book a room in CR, they are not going to move me to BLT when I check in right?
Old 10-29-2012, 09:28 AM   #2117
honeymo78
Don't dream it, be it

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandgirl
I'm confused, Bay Lake Towers is separate of CR and you can only book there if you arr a DVC member correct? So if I book a room in CR, they are not going to move me to BLT when I check in right?
You can also book rooms at BLT for cash but they are villas, not regular hotel rooms. You won't be moved there if you book a hotel room at CR.
Past trips: 5/13 BWV, 1/13 Dream and OKW, 9/12 Fantasy, 5/12 BLT, 9/11 BWV, 5/11 VGC, 12/10 BWV, 9/10 Wonder and BLT, 5/10 BWV, 12/09 OKW, 10/09 AKV Conc, 5/09 DL GCH, 12/08 SSR, 10/08 CR MKV, 10/07 CR MKV, 3/07 Pop, 2/06 CR MKV, 10/05 WL, 5/04 WL, 8/03 POR/WL, 8/01 POR Many more since the 80s

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2012, 09:30 AM   #2118
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You're welcome.

Did you book the one bedroom and what view?

We booked a studio as it is enough space for us (It is only three nights)

We booked Lake View and I have no idea what to request but I have not started planning / researching yet as before this we will be in Boardwalk in January....
Old 10-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #2119
Meesh201
Earning My Ears

BLT or Poly?

Help! I am trying to decide between getting a TPV studio in BLT vs a standard room at the Poly. We are only planning to stay for 2 nights in May after our cruise. We will be spending 1 day at MK, so that's why we wanted to be on the monorail. We have only ever stayed off site or at a moderate before, but would love to try a deluxe this time for the convenience to MK and the ability to view the fireworks from our resort on the night that we check in. Our kids will be 4 & 6 and love the pool and waterslide. I know that a studio is small, but we will have just gotten out of a standard indoor room on the Dream, so I don't think that will bother us very much. I am leaning toward BLT right now, and just wanted to know what would make you choose this resort over Poly. (BTW, I know this thread is full of people that love CR, so I will also be posting to the Poly thread to ask the same question ) TIA

2010 offsite Caribe Royale
October 2012 POR
Old 10-29-2012, 02:49 PM   #2120
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

I booked a 3 day stay at CR for the end of my trip!

How far is the garden wing from the main building? How can I make requests for a room closer to the monorail?
Old 10-29-2012, 03:12 PM   #2121
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyBC80 View Post

How far is the garden wing from the main building? How can I make requests for a room closer to the monorail?
The garden wing is a short walk to the main building. You can request a room close to main building.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:19 AM   #2122
annej

Mouseketeer

I am planning on bringing the Tide Pods laundry detergent on our upcoming trip. Will this work or is it too much detergent? I am not sure how much detergent to use in a smaller washer as mine is super duper large!
1972 - Day trip with mom and dad! 1983 - EPCOT was new! 1988 - 2 day trip 1989 - Day trip on Honeymoon! October 2000 - Off Site January 2003 - WL Nov/Dec 2005 - POR/Poly January 2007 - POLY March 2008 - CR Tower - MK View! September 2008 - offsite/GF!! Feb 2009 - WL !April 2009 - GF - MK View! Nov 2009 - Adult only trip - Poly MK View Jan 2010 - Poly CL - MK View: March 2011 - CR TPV! Jan 2012 - Poly CL! Nov 2012 - POR/BLT Lakeview March 2013 - BWI with DH! October 2013 - BWI with DD and DMom! January 2014 - WL with the Hubby! October 2014 - CR Tower TPV!
Me DH DD22 DS18DSinLaw:29

Old 11-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #2123
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meesh201 View Post
Help! I am trying to decide between getting a TPV studio in BLT vs a standard room at the Poly. We are only planning to stay for 2 nights in May after our cruise. We will be spending 1 day at MK, so that's why we wanted to be on the monorail. We have only ever stayed off site or at a moderate before, but would love to try a deluxe this time for the convenience to MK and the ability to view the fireworks from our resort on the night that we check in. Our kids will be 4 & 6 and love the pool and waterslide. I know that a studio is small, but we will have just gotten out of a standard indoor room on the Dream, so I don't think that will bother us very much. I am leaning toward BLT right now, and just wanted to know what would make you choose this resort over Poly. (BTW, I know this thread is full of people that love CR, so I will also be posting to the Poly thread to ask the same question ) TIA
Welcome! We just stayed for the first time in a BLT one bedroom in August and we loved it even more than staying at the CR. We've stayed at the Poly twice and I would choose BLT over the Poly. The BLT rooms are newer and everything is under one roof. You also have the walkway to the MK and the MKV Studios have amazing views of Wishes. Since it's only for a couple of days, the room size shouldn't be an issue. But, keep in mind that a Studio is actually smaller than both a CR and Poly standard room. Do you need the kitchenette or do you need to book using points? If not, I would consider a CR TPV room instead.

In my signature, there's a hyperlink to my BLT review and in it I have the link to the BLT room view thread.

Let us know what you book

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyBC80 View Post

If you booked a Standard View in the Garden Wing, then your room will be close to the walkway that connects the GW to the Tower. The furthest rooms to the walkway are those facing Bay Lake, which are Garden View rooms. If you request 'close to the Tower' then you won't get a Bay Lake view. None of the rooms are that much closer to the Tower that it would really matter. I'd guess that the time variance might be a minute difference between the closest and furthest away room. There is a covered walkway to the Tower, then you simply take the elevator to the 4th floor and then the escalator to the monorail.

For your request, I wouldn't really worry about the distance from the Tower, but if it's very important to you, I would call the WDTC and request a room 'close to the Tower.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by annej View Post
I am planning on bringing the Tide Pods laundry detergent on our upcoming trip. Will this work or is it too much detergent? I am not sure how much detergent to use in a smaller washer as mine is super duper large!
The washer is a standard size and your Pods will be perfect. I like to bring the detergent sheets and I use two per load at WDW.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:20 PM   #2124
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annej
Oh I am glad you asked this. I bought a pack of the pods just for vacations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
The washer is a standard size and your Pods will be perfect. I like to bring the detergent sheets and I use two per load at WDW.
Thank you KOOK!! As always, you have our answers Hope you are doing well up there and life is back to "normal"!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 11-02-2012, 01:20 PM   #2125
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

November Activity Flyers...

Old 11-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #2126
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post

Thank you KOOK!! As always, you have our answers Hope you are doing well up there and life is back to "normal"!

We were so lucky not to lose power or have any damage. We had just moved to Key West a few days before Andrew struck so I wasn't sure what to expect here in Northern VA.

Will you get to stay at the CR right before CA Grill closes?
Old 11-02-2012, 01:35 PM   #2127
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK

We were so lucky not to lose power or have any damage. We had just moved to Key West a few days before Andrew struck so I wasn't sure what to expect here in Northern VA.

Will you get to stay at the CR right before CA Grill closes?
I wasn't down here for Andrew but hubby was and he said it was devastating. I can only imagine your fears for Sandy after having been through Andrew.

Yep we are at CR the first time Dec1-3, but I really don't think my kiddos will do well at CA grille, even though I would love to try it

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 11-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #2128
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

We bring the 3-in-1 sheets, too, and I always just use one. (I'm the laundry man when we're on vacation. ) How did you get to using two?
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 11-02-2012, 08:41 PM   #2129
prosplace
Earning My Ears

BLT and no access

I have stayed at the Bay Lake towers as a non-DVC member for four occasions over two years. I definitely love the hotel and think it is great. However, last time I went and for the first time, (last weekend) I was told that since I am not a DVC member I can't access the lounge at the top even though I have done three times before by going to the front desk and checking in. The policy I was told was that it is for DVC club members only. Has anyone run into this? 600.00 a night for a one bedroom villa I would think it would allow for a family to go up to watch the fireworks and utilize the lounge. I was told that the DVC members are the ones that pay for it in their deals, but doesn't the non-DVC members who stay in the rooms at the BLT to supplement when the rooms are not being utilized, be afforded the access. I could understand if the Contemporary clients were not allowed, but if I specifically booked a room in BLT, I would hope that, especially with the cost, be able to utilize the facilities without restrictions...... Just a thought, I mean next time I will book the Magic Kingdom view...but find it still a very interesting policy when the extra money being spent would allow for the use of the facility....Thoughts or expierences??
Old 11-02-2012, 10:03 PM   #2130
NandK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosplace
I have stayed at the Bay Lake towers as a non-DVC member for four occasions over two years. I definitely love the hotel and think it is great. However, last time I went and for the first time, (last weekend) I was told that since I am not a DVC member I can't access the lounge at the top even though I have done three times before by going to the front desk and checking in. The policy I was told was that it is for DVC club members only. Has anyone run into this? 600.00 a night for a one bedroom villa I would think it would allow for a family to go up to watch the fireworks and utilize the lounge. I was told that the DVC members are the ones that pay for it in their deals, but doesn't the non-DVC members who stay in the rooms at the BLT to supplement when the rooms are not being utilized, be afforded the access. I could understand if the Contemporary clients were not allowed, but if I specifically booked a room in BLT, I would hope that, especially with the cost, be able to utilize the facilities without restrictions...... Just a thought, I mean next time I will book the Magic Kingdom view...but find it still a very interesting policy when the extra money being spent would allow for the use of the facility....Thoughts or expierences??
I agree with you 110% but you have just brought up a touchy subject for the DVC members out there. Many are going to say that it is one of the perks of being in the club (you might have guessed I am not in this club, just couldn't justify the cost). However, I have stayed on rented points and been up several times and never seen a huge crowd. I don't see how it's a big deal and would feel the same way if I was a DVC member. We also love BLT. I can't wait to see the comments though.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: