Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-26-2012, 01:51 PM   #2011
twodogs
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 359

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catira View Post
I just want to confirm with you all in regards to a room request.
We have an upcoming 1 bedroom lake view reservation for 10/14-10/21. From what I have read on this thread if I want to be able to see MK fireworks from our balcony I should request a high floor on the north side? Can I request this when my online checkin date is available?

Thanks
You would want to request high floor, North Tower, outside of the curve (or even numbered room; same thing as outside of the curve). If you don't request that last part, than you could be inside the curve, facing out to the lake (which is beautiful but not facing the parks/fireworks). I would call Disney reservations and add this request to the reservation now, as the room may already be assigned if you wait to put it in via online check in. I did this exact request in May, and they got it perfectly. We were in room 8410, a 1 bedroom, very close to the middle of the tower, could see the fireworks/space mountain/castle from our balcony. You may not want to do online check in at all if this view is very important to you, as if you wait and check in in person and the room is not a "good" one, you can ask them to see what else they have that you might like. As I understand it, once you do online check in, that is your room.

On page one of this thread, there is a link to a map of all of the rooms at BLT, views, etc. You can then know when they give you your room number if it is a view you want without having to go to the actual room. There is a great explanation of the room numbers in that thread. I will try to get the link for you...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082
twodogs is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 04:44 PM   #2012
pixarmom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,350

Elevators!

I have a quick question regarding the elevators at CR. I've read quite a bit about how the elevators are slow, but didn't think much about it because we're more than willing to take the stairs. From our 12th floor room to the 4th floor, that's just eight flights up or down - not a problem for us. But then I was wondering whether there are any stairs available to guests as an alternative to the elevator. Anyone know?
__________________
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
pixarmom is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #2013
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
I have a quick question regarding the elevators at CR. I've read quite a bit about how the elevators are slow, but didn't think much about it because we're more than willing to take the stairs. From our 12th floor room to the 4th floor, that's just eight flights up or down - not a problem for us. But then I was wondering whether there are any stairs available to guests as an alternative to the elevator. Anyone know?
The stairwells that are outside don't open up to the CL floors. The elevators, espcially to CL have had many problems in the past and frequently there is at least one elevator that just won't accept the KTTW/CL card and you'll have to get out and try another. This often involves waiting for another elevator and getting off on strange floors. I found it very frustrating back in '10 and I believe they were still recently having some problems, but I may be wrong. The staff were well aware of the problem, as it had been a long standing issue, even back then. As an aside, we had no problems at all last month at BLT.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #2014
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

New WAVE MENUS have been posted to the AllEars website:

http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 06:28 PM   #2015
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran
 
AlohaAnnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Welcome Home
Posts: 2,698

Quote:
Originally Posted by skifast22 View Post
Thank You for posting this, it helps to figure out what room number to request!
__________________
Me (Tina) DH (Shawn) DS (17) (Aaron) DD (13) (Allison) Aladdin (Buddy) Jasmine Lilo Stitch

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 OKW - July 2015 AKV Kidani June 2016
AlohaAnnie is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 08:47 PM   #2016
psac
DIS Veteran
 
psac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 2,419

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
sorry for 2013!
Whew! I would look at the different views and see what's most important to you. If you have to see the castle, then the MK view is a magical experience. But if that's not essential, there are really nice Lake views you can get. In any case, I'm sure you'll enjoy!
__________________
“It's kind of fun to do the impossible.” - Walt Disney
Upcoming BWV Dec'14, BLT Jul'15, BWV/DCL Fantasy Sep'15
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 08:52 PM   #2017
psac
DIS Veteran
 
psac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 2,419

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
New WAVE MENUS have been posted to the AllEars website:

http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm
I don't really see the differences from memory, but good to see the lamb shank and beef tenderloin both still on the menu. Recommend both!
__________________
“It's kind of fun to do the impossible.” - Walt Disney
Upcoming BWV Dec'14, BLT Jul'15, BWV/DCL Fantasy Sep'15
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 09:03 PM   #2018
Catira
DIS Veteran
 
Catira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,998

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
You would want to request high floor, North Tower, outside of the curve (or even numbered room; same thing as outside of the curve). If you don't request that last part, than you could be inside the curve, facing out to the lake (which is beautiful but not facing the parks/fireworks). I would call Disney reservations and add this request to the reservation now, as the room may already be assigned if you wait to put it in via online check in. I did this exact request in May, and they got it perfectly. We were in room 8410, a 1 bedroom, very close to the middle of the tower, could see the fireworks/space mountain/castle from our balcony. You may not want to do online check in at all if this view is very important to you, as if you wait and check in in person and the room is not a "good" one, you can ask them to see what else they have that you might like. As I understand it, once you do online check in, that is your room.

On page one of this thread, there is a link to a map of all of the rooms at BLT, views, etc. You can then know when they give you your room number if it is a view you want without having to go to the actual room. There is a great explanation of the room numbers in that thread. I will try to get the link for you...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082
Many thanks I will call and make my request
__________________
Thanks LulusMom
Catira is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 10:59 PM   #2019
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,950

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Whew! I would look at the different views and see what's most important to you. If you have to see the castle, then the MK view is a magical experience. But if that's not essential, there are really nice Lake views you can get. In any case, I'm sure you'll enjoy!
thanks!!! guess my deciding factor will be my budget .... do love looking at the water anywhere we are...but being able to see the castle would be wonderful!
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 08:22 AM   #2020
psac
DIS Veteran
 
psac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 2,419

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
thanks!!! guess my deciding factor will be my budget .... do love looking at the water anywhere we are...but being able to see the castle would be wonderful!
Ps -- if you haven't yet, check out this thread. It might help you decide which views are best for your budget.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082
__________________
“It's kind of fun to do the impossible.” - Walt Disney
Upcoming BWV Dec'14, BLT Jul'15, BWV/DCL Fantasy Sep'15
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #2021
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,950

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Ps -- if you haven't yet, check out this thread. It might help you decide which views are best for your budget.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082
thanks, I"ll take a look!
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 06:12 PM   #2022
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

My BLT One Bedroom Lake View review is (finally) posted:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post46295171
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #2023
psac
DIS Veteran
 
psac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 2,419

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
My BLT One Bedroom Lake View review is (finally) posted:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post46295171
I was wondering if we'd see this posted before your next trip to the World.
__________________
“It's kind of fun to do the impossible.” - Walt Disney
Upcoming BWV Dec'14, BLT Jul'15, BWV/DCL Fantasy Sep'15
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 08:40 PM   #2024
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
I was wondering if we'd see this posted before your next trip to the World.

Boy, tough crowd!. I had to keep you in suspense. According to my trip widget, I got home a month ago, so it'll be a while before I return
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:27 AM   #2025
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Disney's Contemporary Resort October Outdoor Movie Schedule:

Movie shown under the Skyway Bridge at 8:00PM


Courtesy of: Build a Better Mouse Trip

Sundays - The Nightmare Before Christmas
Mondays - The Haunted Mansion
Tuesdays - Spooky Buddies
Wednesdays - Something Wicked This Way Comes
Thursdays - Hocus Pocus
Fridays - Cinderella
Saturdays - Halloweentown

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 10-02-2012 at 08:32 AM.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: