Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 06:39 AM   #1951
poohgirl6
I dream of Stormalong Bay

Forgot to mention a few things in last night's post: ME was a great experience; walked right onto bus, bus was mostly full, stopped at WL first, then CR second. We got to hotel around 2:15pm and had reservations at WCC at WL at 6pm. We left around 4:30pm to go to MK to pick up our YES program park tickets then headed to the Lodge. When we returned around 7pm, our luggage was all in our room. Not sure how long it had been there, but I had planned to not depend upon it before our dinner reservation.

There was some snafu with the watercraft transportation at the WL. We were trying to get back to the CR and there were probably 50 people or more lined up on the dock. Boats would stop and only 2 people could get on. Then they said, 'Only going to FW for a while bc of HDDR" Anyway, at one point a boat captain basically counted the line and told the group they could count on it being approx 90 min or so for the last ones to get a ride, so "Go catch a bus, maybe!" Could be bc of Labor Day weekend, timing, or shortage of boats, who knows but just thought I'd mention it.
Polynesian/Beach Club 1997
Ft. Wilderness 2000
Contemporary 2001
Dolphin/BCV 2006
BWV/AKV Jan 2010
CR/POR Sept 2012
Contemporary Sept 2013
Yacht Club/CR August/Sept 2014

The Fam
DH Me : DD28 DS24 DS17 DS15 DGS4 DGD
Old 09-04-2012, 06:56 AM   #1952
serene56
DIS Veteran

Something I either did not pay attention to or just not seen--
if you stay at the magic kingdom for night time EMH the monorail does not run after a certain time.

With a 6 year old that was up since 6am and it was quite a long day-- that walk back to the contempory just was not happening and she is way too heavy to carry.

we waited for a bus. and of course as we arrived one just was pulling out.

We could have walked to the Contemporary a few times with waiting for the next one.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2012, 08:21 PM   #1953
serene56
DIS Veteran

we did not do online check in guess it really doesnt matter
i had one request please as close to the laundry room as possible.

we were the furthest room in the resort 6310.

does it make a diference with who you book with?
Old 09-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #1954
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by steilkurve View Post
Stayed at Bay Lake in June. Loved it. Definitely a big plus to have the extra room with two kids in tow! We had a one bedroom villa. Video i shot is below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXQ_XzsGwgA
You were in 7534 and we were in 7634 last month. I'll be posting a TR later this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohgirl6 View Post
Checked into CR yesterday. We had done online check-in and were dumped into lobby with alot of other ME riders. There were lines everywhere but they had CMs working the lines and handing out folders/keys etc. Within 5 mins of arrival we were good to go Staff has been outstanding

We got a Tower Room (paying $148 conference rate) and I love this location and view. We are on 8th floor overlooking Bay Lake/Pool area. So convenient and it is shaded during hot afternoon sun. Have had no noise issues at all.

Room was clean and in good shape. However, had a few issues with Mousekeeping today (called and requested some things that were not done, but I found a mousekeeper in hall and she came in and made it right).

I have not stayed at CR since the remodel, but had read about sinks and thought I was prepared for their dysfunction. It is so bad that every time I go into the bathroom, I shake my head and think, "Seriously?" The designer/inventor deserves an EPIC FAIL award. In regards to previous posts, I took all the towels off of the towel ladder and folded them up on the low shelf below sinks. Then I hung my clear plastic over-the-door hanger organizer on the towel ladder. There is nothing in our toilet room but the toilet. There is lots of space in there so that is where my dirty clothes hamper goes.

Ate at Contempo Cafe and found it user-friendly, pretty decent food, and nice CMs. I loved that they had heavy-duty brown grocery bags to carry out food in since I was transporting a few meals.

Used the pool tonight (Mickey Shaped one) and the center hot tub. Hot tub was teeming with young children that were using the edge around it to jump off into the pool for a while then all cleared out and I was in there with just one other woman

So far, this resort has scored really high marks for my family. Will update as things move along
Thanks for posting your review. Just in case you need it, there is another hot tub near the ladder for the slide.

Quote:
Forgot to mention a few things in last night's post: ME was a great experience; walked right onto bus, bus was mostly full, stopped at WL first, then CR second. We got to hotel around 2:15pm and had reservations at WCC at WL at 6pm. We left around 4:30pm to go to MK to pick up our YES program park tickets then headed to the Lodge. When we returned around 7pm, our luggage was all in our room. Not sure how long it had been there, but I had planned to not depend upon it before our dinner reservation.

There was some snafu with the watercraft transportation at the WL. We were trying to get back to the CR and there were probably 50 people or more lined up on the dock. Boats would stop and only 2 people could get on. Then they said, 'Only going to FW for a while bc of HDDR" Anyway, at one point a boat captain basically counted the line and told the group they could count on it being approx 90 min or so for the last ones to get a ride, so "Go catch a bus, maybe!" Could be bc of Labor Day weekend, timing, or shortage of boats, who knows but just thought I'd mention it.
I wonder what happened with the boats? Maybe they didn't have enough boats out for the Labor Day crowds. I've read that the parks are practically dead now. Are you still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
Something I either did not pay attention to or just not seen--
if you stay at the magic kingdom for night time EMH the monorail does not run after a certain time.

With a 6 year old that was up since 6am and it was quite a long day-- that walk back to the contempory just was not happening and she is way too heavy to carry.

we waited for a bus. and of course as we arrived one just was pulling out.

We could have walked to the Contemporary a few times with waiting for the next one.
As of July 2011, the monorail is only operating for one hour after regular park closing. It sounds like an umbrella stroller might have made going back to the resort easier for you. The walk is only about 10 minutes, but would feel much longer carrying a 6-year-old.

Quote:
we did not do online check in guess it really doesnt matter
i had one request please as close to the laundry room as possible.

we were the furthest room in the resort 6310.

does it make a diference with who you book with?
The only thing that matters is that any requests are noted in your reservation at least 5 days prior to arrival so that the room assignor sees it and can try to fulfill your request. Were you in the Tower or the Garden Wing where the laundry is located?
Old 09-06-2012, 04:58 PM   #1955
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

This was effective a day after we checked in. At that time, the CMs thought that the check-in at BLT would only be during peak hours and was a trial. It looks like they made some changes:

Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort now has its own check-in desk in the lobby. The desk is open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily. Guests arriving via Magical Express will still be dropped off at the main Contemporary Resort entrance and will check-in at the Contemporary front desk.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:21 PM   #1956
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
This was effective a day after we checked in. At that time, the CMs thought that the check-in at BLT would only be during peak hours and was a trial. It looks like they made some changes:

Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort now has its own check-in desk in the lobby. The desk is open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily. Guests arriving via Magical Express will still be dropped off at the main Contemporary Resort entrance and will check-in at the Contemporary front desk.
I guess they changed that locking door in the front then? It was nice having the extra security.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 09-06-2012, 08:59 PM   #1957
serene56
DIS Veteran

i didnt see it posted or i was not paying attention.

Our door had the kind where you just wave your key card on it and it opens.

the door to the section is supposed to be locked after 11pm (it was not locked at 1:45am)

pool is supposed to be closed t 11pm but there were people in there at 1:45am on Monday morning

It really is a beautiful resort and I wish I can afford to stay there all the time.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #1958
TCups4Me
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Ate at Contempo Cafe and found it user-friendly, pretty decent food, and nice CMs. I loved that they had heavy-duty brown grocery bags to carry out food in since I was transporting a few meals.
This is good to know. Do they have covered containers for carry out? We're staying at BLT and I plan to bring dinner back for the family if possible.

Me DH :: DS6:: DS3::
Old 09-07-2012, 12:31 AM   #1959
neodymm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCups4Me

This is good to know. Do they have covered containers for carry out? We're staying at BLT and I plan to bring dinner back for the family if possible.
They had covered containers when we were there last year, cant imagine it's changed. Very convenient for dining in your room.

Old 09-07-2012, 10:15 AM   #1960
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCups4Me View Post
YEs, when you place an order you are asked if it is to go or not. If you select to go, they will cover your plate with a lid and there are take out bags available too.

Old 09-07-2012, 10:59 AM   #1961
serene56
DIS Veteran

even containers for the cupcakes so they dont get smashed while transporting
Old 09-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #1962
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
even containers for the cupcakes so they dont get smashed while transporting
I've said it before, and I'll say it again -- the Contempo Cafe has killer cupcakes. My wife thinks they're too sweet, but I say they're perfect.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 09-07-2012, 06:28 PM   #1963
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
I've said it before, and I'll say it again -- the Contempo Cafe has killer cupcakes. My wife thinks they're too sweet, but I say they're perfect.
i thought the ones we tried were perfect except for the strawberry lemonade one-- that really hurt my sweet tooth.

we tried choc peanut butter, strawberry lemondade, choc chip muffin one and something else.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #1964
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
They are killer. I get them for dds and we go over and sit outside the lounge and they eat them while I get a drink. Of course, they can't finish them so I have to help.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 09-08-2012, 09:16 AM   #1965
WDWKOOK

From August, and just as sweet as ever:

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: