Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #1936
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohgirl6 View Post
Yeah! Checking into CR tomorrow! Can't wait to be there and see the monorail whiz through the lobby! My boys are super excited, they have stayed there once before, but were too young to remember it, so this is their first time (at least in their minds)
Have a great time!

Old 09-01-2012, 11:43 AM   #1937
poohgirl6
I dream of Stormalong Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTtinkerbell View Post
Have a great time!
Thanks, I will try
Polynesian/Beach Club 1997
Ft. Wilderness 2000
Contemporary 2001
Dolphin/BCV 2006
BWV/AKV Jan 2010
CR/POR Sept 2012
Contemporary Sept 2013
Yacht Club/CR August/Sept 2014

The Fam
DH Me : DD28 DS24 DS17 DS15 DGS4 DGD
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #1938
Wendy31
DIS Veteran

Hi, everyone!!

We're checking into the CR Tower, BLV, on 9/15!!

Prior to this, we've stayed in a FW cabin, CBR, & the WL, so this will be our 1st time at the CR! (We really love the WL, & thought that it was going to be "our" resort, but younger DS sorta changed that! LOL!)

Anyway, I've asked this before, but I'm still not really clear on what kind of room requests I need to make - so, I still haven't decided if I should on-line check-in or just wait until we get there.

We're on the Bay Lake side (unless we get an awesome upgrade to the Theme Park side, of course!).

I want to be able to see the WL from our balcony, see the nightly boat parade, & be overlooking the pool - so if the older kids & DH go swimming & I stay in the room w/ younger DS, I can watch them. I also don't want to be too high up - DD is a little afraid of heights - I'd rather be lower so I feel more "in the action"... like we are when we stay courtyard at the WL.

I also want to be able to walk out of our room & see the monorail running through & Chef Mickey's - I think the kids will like that.

So what do I need to request?

Thanks so much for any help!!

(DH) (me) (DD, 14years) (DS, 13 years) (DS, 5 years)
Old 09-02-2012, 12:25 PM   #1939
Wendy31
DIS Veteran

Bumping!

Can anyone help me?

Thank you!!

Old 09-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #1940
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy31 View Post
Hi, everyone!!

Prior to this, we've stayed in a FW cabin, CBR, & the WL, so this will be our 1st time at the CR! (We really love the WL, & thought that it was going to be "our" resort, but younger DS sorta changed that! LOL!)

Anyway, I've asked this before, but I'm still not really clear on what kind of room requests I need to make - so, I still haven't decided if I should on-line check-in or just wait until we get there.

We're on the Bay Lake side (unless we get an awesome upgrade to the Theme Park side, of course!).

I want to be able to see the WL from our balcony, see the nightly boat parade, & be overlooking the pool - so if the older kids & DH go swimming & I stay in the room w/ younger DS, I can watch them. I also don't want to be too high up - DD is a little afraid of heights - I'd rather be lower so I feel more "in the action"... like we are when we stay courtyard at the WL.

I also want to be able to walk out of our room & see the monorail running through & Chef Mickey's - I think the kids will like that.

The rooms at CR don't start until the 5th floor, I believe. So even if you request a lower-level room, I don't know how much you'll be able to keep tabs on your DH/kids at the pool.

As far as seeing WL, Epcot, etc. Ask for an odd-numbered room.

You can call and have the room requests added to your reservation now and then when you check in, ask if your requests have been honored (remember, they're just requests -- no guarantees). Have a great trip!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Old 09-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #1941
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I've been at WDW for a couple of weeks so I'm just getting 'caught up' today... I have MANY BLT and CR photos for the new thread I'll start working on when DD starts high school next week, so stay tuned.

Quote:
Hi, everyone!!

If you look to the extreme right, you can see only the green rooftop of WL from Tower BLV rooms. Requesting an odd numbered room has no impact on your balcony view, it only means that as you sit in your bed, you'll be facing toward the Garden Wing instead of BLT.

Tower rooms start on the 5th floor and when added together, the first two numbers = 5 (41). You'll know how low you are at check-in by adding the two numbers together.

All BLV rooms face Bay Lake and have essentially the same view of the EWP and the pool, with the rooms closest to Chef Mickeys being the closest to the pool. You can walk out of all BLV Tower rooms and see the monorail going in/out of the CR.

You're not really going to be able to watch your children from a Tower room. While the view is commanding, the Tower is not really close enough to the pool to be able to keep an eye on your children. The CV rooms at WL surround the pool and are closer to the pool than the Tower BLV rooms at the CR. Have you considered a cabana rental?

For your request, I would ask for:

A low floor near Chef Mickey's.

Keep in mind though that if you're near CM, you'll be closer to hearing the 'celebration' song they blare during breakfast and dinner. It only takes maybe 30 seconds to walk from one end of a Tower floor to the other, so you can easily walk over to look down on CM from any room.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:59 PM   #1942
Wendy31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
The rooms at CR don't start until the 5th floor, I believe. So even if you request a lower-level room, I don't know how much you'll be able to keep tabs on your DH/kids at the pool.

As far as seeing WL, Epcot, etc. Ask for an odd-numbered room.

You can call and have the room requests added to your reservation now and then when you check in, ask if your requests have been honored (remember, they're just requests -- no guarantees). Have a great trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I've been at WDW for a couple of weeks so I'm just getting 'caught up' today... I have MANY BLT and CR photos for the new thread I'll start working on when DD starts high school next week, so stay tuned.

If you look to the extreme right, you can see only the green rooftop of WL from Tower BLV rooms. Requesting an odd numbered room has no impact on your balcony view, it only means that as you sit in your bed, you'll be facing toward the Garden Wing instead of BLT.

Tower rooms start on the 5th floor and when added together, the first two numbers = 5 (41). You'll know how low you are at check-in by adding the two numbers together.

All BLV rooms face Bay Lake and have essentially the same view of the EWP and the pool, with the rooms closest to Chef Mickeys being the closest to the pool. You can walk out of all BLV Tower rooms and see the monorail going in/out of the CR.

You're not really going to be able to watch your children from a Tower room. While the view is commanding, the Tower is not really close enough to the pool to be able to keep an eye on your children. The CV rooms at WL surround the pool and are closer to the pool than the Tower BLV rooms at the CR. Have you considered a cabana rental?

For your request, I would ask for:

A low floor near Chef Mickey's.

Keep in mind though that if you're near CM, you'll be closer to hearing the 'celebration' song they blare during breakfast and dinner. It only takes maybe 30 seconds to walk from one end of a Tower floor to the other, so you can easily walk over to look down on CM from any room.
Thank you both!

And that's good to know about how the 1st 2 numbers of the room number equal the floor number!

So I will request lower level near Chef Mickey's.

I honestly don't think we'll mind being able to hear Chef Mickey's music. One thing I always enjoyed at the WL was being able to hear all the pool games in our room during the afternoon - it just makes me feel more "in on the action"!

I'll miss not being able to sit on our balcony & being close to the pool.

I'm really going to miss our courtyard room at the WL, but I'm cautiously excited about the CR. DH has always wanted to stay at the CR, so, hopefully, we'll like it!

Can't wait to see all your new pics!!!

2 more quick questions:

1. In looking at CR pics, there doesn't seem to be a lot of counterspace in the bathroom. I've never used one before, but would 1 of those over-the-door storage hangers fit on the door?

2. Where can I find the September movie schedule for the CR? (The ones that are shown at the beach, I think?)

Old 09-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #1943
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy31

Thank you both!

And that's good to know about how the 1st 2 numbers of the room number equal the floor number!

So I will request lower level near Chef Mickey's.

I honestly don't think we'll mind being able to hear Chef Mickey's music. One thing I always enjoyed at the WL was being able to hear all the pool games in our room during the afternoon - it just makes me feel more "in on the action"!

I'll miss not being able to sit on our balcony & being close to the pool.

I'm really going to miss our courtyard room at the WL, but I'm cautiously excited about the CR. DH has always wanted to stay at the CR, so, hopefully, we'll like it!

Can't wait to see all your new pics!!!

2 more quick questions:

1. In looking at CR pics, there doesn't seem to be a lot of counterspace in the bathroom. I've never used one before, but would 1 of those over-the-door storage hangers fit on the door?

2. Where can I find the September movie schedule for the CR? (The ones that are shown at the beach, I think?)
Sorry, the doors are all sliders for the bathroom so I don't think an over the door hangers would work. One with a hanger top or tie can be hung off of the towel holder maybe.
offsite'71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,C R'03,WL'04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05 ,YC'06,PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14),Swan (11/14)

Old 09-02-2012, 05:48 PM   #1944
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We just kept one of the sinks in the bathroom dry and used it for storage. Not the world's most perfect solution, but it worked for us.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Old 09-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #1945
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We just kept one of the sinks in the bathroom dry and used it for storage. Not the world's most perfect solution, but it worked for us.
That's probably the best plan. There are also shelves underneath the sinks, but that's a lot of bending. The sinks really are a terrible design. They did a better job with the sinks in BLT (if you ignore the whole suite sink thing that they later changed.)

Enjoy your trip!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 09-02-2012, 09:44 PM   #1946
Wendy31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcraw45425 View Post
Sorry, the doors are all sliders for the bathroom so I don't think an over the door hangers would work. One with a hanger top or tie can be hung off of the towel holder maybe.
Well, then, that's one last thing I'll need to buy for our trip!

Quote:
That's a great idea! Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
That's probably the best plan. There are also shelves underneath the sinks, but that's a lot of bending. The sinks really are a terrible design. They did a better job with the sinks in BLT (if you ignore the whole suite sink thing that they later changed.)

Enjoy your trip!
I noticed the shelf under the sinks, as well, & figured I'd store some stuff there, but I was hoping to put our "every day" type stuff somewhere handier & that wouldn't require bending everytime I wanted to use my hairspray!

Thanks again!!

This time, in 2 weeks, we will be in the MK for "Wishes!" & EMH & then will be WALKING (not waiting for a bus, monorail, or boat) back to our resort!!

Old 09-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #1947
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy31

Well, then, that's one last thing I'll need to buy for our trip!

That's a great idea! Thanks!!

I noticed the shelf under the sinks, as well, & figured I'd store some stuff there, but I was hoping to put our "every day" type stuff somewhere handier & that wouldn't require bending everytime I wanted to use my hairspray!

Thanks again!!

This time, in 2 weeks, we will be in the MK for "Wishes!" & EMH & then will be WALKING (not waiting for a bus, monorail, or boat) back to our resort!!
I'm having trouble remembering but IIRC the renovation of the rooms did not change the basic bathroom layout. In the WC area (inside it's own little room) there use to be a counter. I remember putting all of my toiletries on that. I know it's not a perfect solution but it does get them out of the way, just have the very essential stuff by the sink. I would leave makeup bag, jewelry, all that in there. then again, it's been two years and at least one Disney stay since then......
offsite'71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,C R'03,WL'04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05 ,YC'06,PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14),Swan (11/14)

Old 09-03-2012, 12:01 AM   #1948
TJA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We just got back from CR and it took me a bit to get myself organized in the bathroom -- I ended up using the space in between the sinks for toothbrushes and everyday-type things (I moved the drinking glasses and washclothes that are normally sitting in that area to make more room). I think there would be room for your hairspray there. Then I used the shelf underneath for my makeup bag and hair-stuff bag. It worked. In the part where the toilet is, there is a hook where I hung my bathroom bag that contains all our other bath essentials.
2006 ~ YC & BC
2007 ~ Poly & BC & CR
2008 ~ POR & WL & BC
2009 ~ CBR & BC CL
2010 ~ Poly & CR / BC CL
2011 ~ BC CL & Poly CL
2012 ~ WL & BC CL / CR CL
2013 ~ BC CL & Poly CL & WL CL
2014 ~ Poly CL TPV & BC CL, Poly CL TPV again
Old 09-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #1949
steilkurve
Earning My Ears

Stayed at Bay Lake in June. Loved it. Definitely a big plus to have the extra room with two kids in tow! We had a one bedroom villa. Video i shot is below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXQ_XzsGwgA
Old 09-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #1950
poohgirl6
I dream of Stormalong Bay

Checked into CR yesterday. We had done online check-in and were dumped into lobby with alot of other ME riders. There were lines everywhere but they had CMs working the lines and handing out folders/keys etc. Within 5 mins of arrival we were good to go Staff has been outstanding

We got a Tower Room (paying $148 conference rate) and I love this location and view. We are on 8th floor overlooking Bay Lake/Pool area. So convenient and it is shaded during hot afternoon sun. Have had no noise issues at all.

Room was clean and in good shape. However, had a few issues with Mousekeeping today (called and requested some things that were not done, but I found a mousekeeper in hall and she came in and made it right).

I have not stayed at CR since the remodel, but had read about sinks and thought I was prepared for their dysfunction. It is so bad that every time I go into the bathroom, I shake my head and think, "Seriously?" The designer/inventor deserves an EPIC FAIL award. In regards to previous posts, I took all the towels off of the towel ladder and folded them up on the low shelf below sinks. Then I hung my clear plastic over-the-door hanger organizer on the towel ladder. There is nothing in our toilet room but the toilet. There is lots of space in there so that is where my dirty clothes hamper goes.

Ate at Contempo Cafe and found it user-friendly, pretty decent food, and nice CMs. I loved that they had heavy-duty brown grocery bags to carry out food in since I was transporting a few meals.

Used the pool tonight (Mickey Shaped one) and the center hot tub. Hot tub was teeming with young children that were using the edge around it to jump off into the pool for a while then all cleared out and I was in there with just one other woman

So far, this resort has scored really high marks for my family. Will update as things move along
Polynesian/Beach Club 1997
Ft. Wilderness 2000
Contemporary 2001
Dolphin/BCV 2006
BWV/AKV Jan 2010
CR/POR Sept 2012
Contemporary Sept 2013
Yacht Club/CR August/Sept 2014

The Fam
DH Me : DD28 DS24 DS17 DS15 DGS4 DGD
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread