Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #1876
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by croe321 View Post
Does anyone know if they've ever included coalition forces? I know they don't now, but I'm just curious. My hubby was in the British army and I think it stinks we can't use the discount I understand though they have to put some limitations on them.
I'm sorry, but the Military Salute is only available to US armed forces who are on active-duty or retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turningleaf View Post
Thanks for the info, Kook. Yes FL rates used to be up to 35% the past few years and sometimes even 40% but suddenly not anymore. You are lucky to keep 40%, but also deserve it for your service!

The FL and AP rates at CR are 25% on Aug. 17. But the CM I talked to today wouldn't let me use it since we arrive on the 16th and we are using the 20% off GP rate. The diff only comes out to $25 since it's only for one night but still...I think i will try to call again.

I also have a BB reservation for October and I know they might allow me to change my dates, but would they allow me to add this 2nd reservation at the same BB rate? I don't want to give up my reservation for October because I'm not sure I'll get another BB while staying at CR next week.

Anyway, wishing you a great time at BLT. We stayed there twice when it was new. Loved the extra bathroom. Loved everything about BLT and at that time thought housekeeping was very good. Liked the convenience of the monorail and Contempo Cafe. I can't comment on maintenance issues but noise from neighbors was never an issue. Did you give up your GF plans?
I appreciate your BLT comments and it makes me feel better reading that. I had read some reports that some rooms weren't aging gracefully!

I can't believe you remember about RPC! Due to the construction, I gave that up long ago and it has since been replaced with multiple resorts. I'll post an update on BLT after we check in this weekend. It looks like we just miss each other this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zima-cheryl View Post
Thank you for your service to our country.
I will pass that along to DH - you're very kind, zima-cheryl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohsFan1 View Post
We will be checking into BLT in 19 Days . Even though we are owners of BLT and have been since 2010, this is our first stay here. We will be in a Studio Lake View and we are all very excited about our stay. One question I have is, where exactly are the washers and dryers there? Thank you so much
DVC studios don't have washers and dryers, but laundry facilities are located on the first floor off the lobby area. The studios are only around 300 SF, which is around 100 SF smaller than a room at the CR. But, I bet the Japanese could figure out a way to fit one in

I hope you have a great first stay at BLT!
Old 08-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #1877
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mince View Post
The best Lake View Studios end in 08. I stayed in 8408 (14th floor and it was amazing) Here is the view. This was taken with my phone. The castle and MK were much clearer and closer than they appear in the pano. Perfect fireworks every night.

Oh wow, thanks for the picture....that would be an awesome view to get. Kind of the best of both worlds...MK with the fireworks and Bay Lake .

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #1878
mince
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohsFan1 View Post
Oh wow, thanks for the picture....that would be an awesome view to get. Kind of the best of both worlds...MK with the fireworks and Bay Lake .
I requested low even number and high floor. Apparently you can try to request exact rooms numbers.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #1879
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
DVC studios don't have washers and dryers, but laundry facilities are located on the first floor off the lobby area. The studios are only around 300 SF, which is around 100 SF smaller than a room at the CR. But, I bet the Japanese could figure out a way to fit one in

I hope you have a great first stay at BLT!
Thanks....I didn't mean to ask where the washer and dryers were, but did mean to ask where the laundry facility was for BLT...you knew what I meant . Thank you for the info. We have only ever stayed at BCV in a Studio and had been lucky the both times that the laundry facility was on the same floor that our room was on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mince View Post
I requested low even number and high floor. Apparently you can try to request exact rooms numbers.
Thanks again, good info to know. We have already requested highest floor possible and would love to have a view of the lake and some part of MK (if possible), I'll write down what you requested so I can remember when we go to check-in. Did you request at time of check-in at the resort, or did you do online check-in?

Old 08-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #1880
mince
Mouseketeer

Requested low even number when reservation was made. You can always call right now. Then high floor during on-line check in. I would call and request an "08"
Old 08-14-2012, 10:09 AM   #1881
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
I'm 40 and the magic hasn't worn off yet. Does that count for anything??
Quote:
Originally Posted by croe321 View Post
I'm 26 and have gone pretty much every year since I was 5! lol I still LOVE it, even more than I used to I think. The trips change as you get older, the love for Disney doesnt. Atleast not for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Not yet 40 and I still have the magic. I didn't experience WDW magic until we Disneymooned there in 2000. Our dds, 10 & 8, still have the magic. We've been every year since our youngest was 15 months and twice a few of those. Looking forward to another 40 or whatever we have on our DVC contracts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Same here, didn't go for the first time until I was 31
I just always worry that our kids might get bored or something with ALWAYS going to Disney. My parent's say we take our kids their too much and it won't seem as special. So far our family loves every trip and all the new experiences we share. Every time the kids are "in" to something else and we would have missed those memories. That is why we bought into a DVC resale. Thanks for all the encouragement.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:27 AM   #1882
psac
DIS Veteran

Three words for those staying soon (seems like we have a few):

Contempo Cafe Cupcakes.

That is all.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 08-14-2012, 10:29 AM   #1883
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyatdisney View Post
The "Contemporary Grounds" just to the right inside the front entrance has decent coffee. I get a coffee there every day we stay at the CR.
Also agree with that. In our stay last year, we went every day for hot and or iced coffees, mochas, lattes, etc., and we liked everything we had.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 08-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #1884
applefans
Mouseketeer

Can anyone weigh in on the pros and cons of booking a standard view 1-BR villa at BLT either through AAA, or through DVC point rental? The cost is comparable for our dates in 2013, and I'm leaning toward AAA because of the no cancellation policy for DVC point rentals. Is there any advantage to doing a point rental when the cost is approximately the same? Any advice would be appreciated!
Old 08-14-2012, 02:31 PM   #1885
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

I finally placed an order with Garden Grocer today. How will that work staying at BLT? Will someone call us when they make the delivery? Will we have to pick up the order from bell services at CR or will the bring it to our room at BLT?

Old 08-14-2012, 03:36 PM   #1886
NandK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
I finally placed an order with Garden Grocer today. How will that work staying at BLT? Will someone call us when they make the delivery? Will we have to pick up the order from bell services at CR or will the bring it to our room at BLT?
The way it has worked for us (we drive) - we call when we are roughly two hours out from our resort and both times (AKL - Kidani and BLT) it has been at bell service waiting on us. Bell service then delivers it to our room with our luggage. If we are unable to get in a room right away, then bell service holds all of our belongings (including groceries) and delivers to our room when the room is ready and we call. I assume you are flying from PA so it might be perfect timing if you call when you exit your plane. I would assume that if you have already made it to your room before the GG delivery then they would call when it arrives. I hope this helps!
Old 08-15-2012, 08:06 AM   #1887
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by applefans View Post
Can anyone weigh in on the pros and cons of booking a standard view 1-BR villa at BLT either through AAA, or through DVC point rental? The cost is comparable for our dates in 2013, and I'm leaning toward AAA because of the no cancellation policy for DVC point rentals. Is there any advantage to doing a point rental when the cost is approximately the same? Any advice would be appreciated!
I am shocked that AAA would be able to give you such a great rate as compared to a DVC Rental. If you are worried about possibly having to cancel and the rates are that close, I would go with AAA.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:11 AM   #1888
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NandK View Post
The way it has worked for us (we drive) - we call when we are roughly two hours out from our resort and both times (AKL - Kidani and BLT) it has been at bell service waiting on us. Bell service then delivers it to our room with our luggage. If we are unable to get in a room right away, then bell service holds all of our belongings (including groceries) and delivers to our room when the room is ready and we call. I assume you are flying from PA so it might be perfect timing if you call when you exit your plane. I would assume that if you have already made it to your room before the GG delivery then they would call when it arrives. I hope this helps!
Thanks for the information. That is an awesome tip on calling once we land for a future trip.

I actually scheduled my two hour window, 3pm-5pm, when I know we would be at the resort after check in time opens. Since we are landing at 8:30am, I didn't think our room would be available that early. Just to make sure I know how this will work since I scheduled a delivery, will Garden Grocer call my cell phone when they delivery my groceries to bell services or will bell services call us or do I call bell services after 3pm to see if our order was delivered? We have a 5pm Chef Mickey reservation so I hope our delivery arrives before that.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:35 AM   #1889
annej

Mouseketeer

We have used Garden Grocer almost every trip. I schedule my delivery time online and I have always received a call from them after it has been delivered to the resort. Sometimes it is before we arrive - late flight - sometimes after we are in the room. Bell services has always brought it to us. My experience has been that they have always been in the early part of the delivery window. They have never been later than scheduled or at the last possible minute.
1972 - Day trip with mom and dad! 1983 - EPCOT was new! 1988 - 2 day trip 1989 - Day trip on Honeymoon! October 2000 - Off Site January 2003 - WL Nov/Dec 2005 - POR/Poly January 2007 - POLY March 2008 - CR Tower - MK View! September 2008 - offsite/GF!! Feb 2009 - WL !April 2009 - GF - MK View! Nov 2009 - Adult only trip - Poly MK View Jan 2010 - Poly CL - MK View: March 2011 - CR TPV! Jan 2012 - Poly CL! Nov 2012 - POR/BLT Lakeview March 2013 - BWI with DH! October 2013 - BWI with DD and DMom! January 2014 - WL with the Hubby! October 2014 - CR Tower TPV!
Me DH DD22 DS18DSinLaw:29

Old 08-15-2012, 10:49 AM   #1890
NandK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
Thanks for the information. That is an awesome tip on calling once we land for a future trip.

I actually scheduled my two hour window, 3pm-5pm, when I know we would be at the resort after check in time opens. Since we are landing at 8:30am, I didn't think our room would be available that early. Just to make sure I know how this will work since I scheduled a delivery, will Garden Grocer call my cell phone when they delivery my groceries to bell services or will bell services call us or do I call bell services after 3pm to see if our order was delivered? We have a 5pm Chef Mickey reservation so I hope our delivery arrives before that.
We have had the same experience as annej. I am not sure whether it will be GG or bell service calling since the delivery has always beat us to the resort, but I am sure one or the other will let you know when it arrives. You may want to move you two hour window up an hour or two if you want to receive it before your Chef Mickey ressies to be safe. However, if you keep the window with GG at 3-5 p.m., bell service will hold it until you are ready. Also, we have been pleasantly suprised with early check-in. The past two visits (one to BLT and the other to AKL - Kidani) we have checked in before 10 a.m. and a room was ready both times. The only catch is we have never been real picky as to the room location.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: