Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #1846
skifast22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Wow, MK View rooms are over $500/night now in September! Definately glad i bit the bullet and bought into BLT when I did
Old 08-09-2012, 07:13 PM   #1847
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynBeth View Post
We are staying here the last 4 days of our trip as part of a split stay in Dec 2013. This was my first DW hotel when I visited as a kid.
I'm doing a spit stay at the CR in October 2013. 4 nights in the tower, then 2 to 3 ngihts somewhere else, maybe Art of Animation. I've booked the CR so at least I could obtain the AAA discount.

I'm really looking forward to this stay - my first stay at the CR since 2008.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2012, 08:50 PM   #1848
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skifast22

Wow, MK View rooms are over $500/night now in September! Definately glad i bit the bullet and bought into BLT when I did
Yep, unfortunately that's what I'm paying in October 2012. FD is the only discount I can get right now.
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14)
Old 08-10-2012, 05:01 AM   #1849
longing4disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcraw45425 View Post
Yep, unfortunately that's what I'm paying in October 2012. FD is the only discount I can get right now.
Lucky u! We couldn't get MK view room with free dining for our nov/Dec trip. We had to switch to poly MK view to enjoy free dining.

May 1996 : Offsite, Disneyland, CA
Nov 2007 : Contemporary, WDW
Jun 2010 : Disneyland Hotel, HK Disneyland
Nov 2012 : The Poly, WDW
Old 08-10-2012, 05:24 AM   #1850
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing4disney

Lucky u! We couldn't get MK view room with free dining for our nov/Dec trip. We had to switch to poly MK view to enjoy free dining.
I had the Minnie Mouse mailer PIN, I was able to book it before the GP code came out. I had thought I'd rather have a room only discount but our stay is 10/4-10/7 so I don't know if anything will come before I reach 45 days. I had o remove our high schoolers from the reservation due to school schedules (can't miss due to AP classes) so I booked Spirit of Aloha and also a fishing excursion for DH (and me too, it's charged by the boat). There's a percentage off for the fishing so that's helpful. Figure we will actually use some of the vouchers.
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14)
Old 08-10-2012, 08:15 AM   #1851
longing4disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcraw45425 View Post
I had the Minnie Mouse mailer PIN, I was able to book it before the GP code came out. I had thought I'd rather have a room only discount but our stay is 10/4-10/7 so I don't know if anything will come before I reach 45 days. I had o remove our high schoolers from the reservation due to school schedules (can't miss due to AP classes) so I booked Spirit of Aloha and also a fishing excursion for DH (and me too, it's charged by the boat). There's a percentage off for the fishing so that's helpful. Figure we will actually use some of the vouchers.
Yes, we should all make the best of what we can get.
We were initially considering poly or CR. We had put it to the vote and CR won. But now with the FD discount, it just make sense to switch to Poly. When the promo came out for GP, CR only had Atrium club available for FD. I figured it is not worth it as there was hardly savings from our original booking and we had to forego the MK view. We were also unlikely to make good use of the lounge with the FD. With the Poly MK view, we save $1400 for our 11 nights!

Have fun with your trip!

May 1996 : Offsite, Disneyland, CA
Nov 2007 : Contemporary, WDW
Jun 2010 : Disneyland Hotel, HK Disneyland
Nov 2012 : The Poly, WDW
Old 08-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #1852
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magrudersmakes3 View Post
I love seeing everything through my daughter's eyes. I was surprised that I enjoy the older view just as much as when she was little. I thought the sparkle would have died a little bit, but it is as strong as ever.
I often wonder since we go to Disney so often, will the magic fade off for our children. Glad to hear at 9 it is still happening for your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
no, this is her second trip. we went in 2010 for her first time.
and yes, going to disney with a child makes a great deal of difference.

now mind you- i have been brain washing her since she was born (6 years ago) about disney and their princesses... (LOL) she is a first grand child and a girl no less. (i have brothers, nephews and sons- so i was ready)

but when we walked into magic kingdom and snow white was walking with her handler to her meeting place--- the look on her face and she whispers-- Snow white--she IS real.. (sniff sniff)

we spent almost an hour and 45 minutes just in that town square on our first day. almost noon and never even took a ride-- let alone see one. LOL
That is so precious. Enjoy her birthday celebration!!

Old 08-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #1853
kate14
Earning My Ears

I just booked the last two nights of our October trip at CR! This is a surprise for my husband (we're celebrating our anniversary), so I can't talk to him about it; and my friends all think I'm Disney obsessed already and don't want to hear about it - so here I am! SHARE THE LOVE!

We're staying 4 nights at CBR preferred, then 2 nights at CR Bay Lake view. This will be our first time at CR, and my first time at a deluxe! I have no idea what to expect view-wise, so any help would be... helpful! Did I read somewhere that if you get an odd-numbered room there's a chance you can see Downtown Disney and Epcot?
Old 08-10-2012, 11:46 AM   #1854
croe321
Earning My Ears

My husband and I are working on planning out March trip and hadn't officially decided which resort to stay in....we try to stay at a different one each year...but after seeing these pictures we have to stay at bay lake towers, what an amazing view!
Old 08-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #1855
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
I often wonder since we go to Disney so often, will the magic fade off for our children. Glad to hear at 9 it is still happening for your family.
I'm 40 and the magic hasn't worn off yet. Does that count for anything??
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 08-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #1856
croe321
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
I'm 26 and have gone pretty much every year since I was 5! lol I still LOVE it, even more than I used to I think. The trips change as you get older, the love for Disney doesnt. Atleast not for me
Old 08-10-2012, 12:22 PM   #1857
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by croe321 View Post
I'm 26 and have gone pretty much every year since I was 5! lol I still LOVE it, even more than I used to I think. The trips change as you get older, the love for Disney doesnt. Atleast not for me
Not yet 40 and I still have the magic. I didn't experience WDW magic until we Disneymooned there in 2000. Our dds, 10 & 8, still have the magic. We've been every year since our youngest was 15 months and twice a few of those. Looking forward to another 40 or whatever we have on our DVC contracts.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 08-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #1858
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by skifast22 View Post
We are lucky to always book with a discount - usually 40% off. I was able to book BLT with 40% off. How guests pay rack rate when there is usually some sort of discount available, I'll never know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
I'm doing a spit stay at the CR in October 2013. 4 nights in the tower, then 2 to 3 ngihts somewhere else, maybe Art of Animation. I've booked the CR so at least I could obtain the AAA discount.

I'm really looking forward to this stay - my first stay at the CR since 2008.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate14 View Post
I just booked the last two nights of our October trip at CR! This is a surprise for my husband (we're celebrating our anniversary), so I can't talk to him about it; and my friends all think I'm Disney obsessed already and don't want to hear about it - so here I am! SHARE THE LOVE!

We're staying 4 nights at CBR preferred, then 2 nights at CR Bay Lake view. This will be our first time at CR, and my first time at a deluxe! I have no idea what to expect view-wise, so any help would be... helpful! Did I read somewhere that if you get an odd-numbered room there's a chance you can see Downtown Disney and Epcot?
Yes, an odd-numbered Bay Lake View room will have beds facing towards the Garden Wing, WL, FW, Epcot, DTD areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by croe321 View Post
My husband and I are working on planning out March trip and hadn't officially decided which resort to stay in....we try to stay at a different one each year...but after seeing these pictures we have to stay at bay lake towers, what an amazing view!
Yes, the high rooms have amazing views. THIS THREAD has many great photo links for BLT (where we'll be in 8 days!)

Quote:
You're a kid at heart. I'm 44 and still going - must be my WDW-deprived childhood.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:51 PM   #1859
turningleaf
Mouseketeer

Hi Kook, i have not seen any 40% discounts lately am i missing something? Trying to book a quick 2 night trip for Aug. 16. It's in the middle of two rate changes. The FL rate starts on the 17th but there is a GP rate until the 16th. I think the most i saw was 30% off and only 20% at CR.

I will check any AP rate but that's usually same as FL.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #1860
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by turningleaf View Post
Hi Kook, i have not seen any 40% discounts lately am i missing something? Trying to book a quick 2 night trip for Aug. 16. It's in the middle of two rate changes. The FL rate starts on the 17th but there is a GP rate until the 16th. I think the most i saw was 30% off and only 20% at CR.

I will check any AP rate but that's usually same as FL.
One week from today we'll be checking-in for our first-ever DVC stay at BLT in a one bedroom BLV!

We've been very fortunate to be able to use the Military Salute rate which is 40% off the rack room only rate for Deluxes and has just been extended into 9/2013. In past years I beleive the AP and FLR may have gone that high or was it 35%? I believe you might have to book two room only reservations in order to have the GP rate on 8/16 and the FLR on 8/17 or can you book one reservation and have each discount applied to each night?

It sounds like you're already well aware of the discounts, but for others who aren't, www.MouseSavers.com is a great site that lists all available discounts and public codes. Just click-on "Walt Disney World" on the left hand side.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: