Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 05:22 PM   #1816
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

From the latest AllEars newsletter...

Beginning late January 2013, the 14th floor rooms and suites of the Contemporary Resort will close for refurbishment. Some renovations planned for these suites include: a hard and soft goods refurbishment (things like bedspreads, linens, furnishings, etc.); improvements to the concierge lounge that will capitalize on the sweeping views of Cinderella Castle, nightly fireworks and the Seven Seas Lagoon or Bay Lake; enhancements to the corridors and elevator foyer. The new room design and in-room amenities will be reflective of high-end suites at all deluxe Disney Resorts. The health and wellness concept that was mentioned last year will not be included on that floor or within the suites; however, most of the design concepts previously shown for these suites will be incorporated. The refurbishment is expected to last through late summer 2013 (dates are subject to change).
Old 08-02-2012, 09:56 AM   #1817
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Is anyone going to be staying at BLT this month? If so would you please post the resort activity schedule and movie times. We will be there on August 31

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2012, 11:01 AM   #1818
Leafsgirl36
Leafs Fan Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Beginning late January 2013, the 14th floor rooms and suites of the Contemporary Resort will close for refurbishment. Some renovations planned for these suites include: a hard and soft goods refurbishment (things like bedspreads, linens, furnishings, etc.); improvements to the concierge lounge that will capitalize on the sweeping views of Cinderella Castle, nightly fireworks and the Seven Seas Lagoon or Bay Lake; enhancements to the corridors and elevator foyer. The new room design and in-room amenities will be reflective of high-end suites at all deluxe Disney Resorts. The health and wellness concept that was mentioned last year will not be included on that floor or within the suites; however, most of the design concepts previously shown for these suites will be incorporated. The refurbishment is expected to last through late summer 2013 (dates are subject to change).
I wonder if this is why I couldn't get a room on the Atrium Club Level the first week in February. Had to change my dates to the week after and 2 days after I booked MK View Atrium Club there were no rooms left at all on Club Level.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #1819
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
Is anyone going to be staying at BLT this month? If so would you please post the resort activity schedule and movie times. We will be there on August 31
We will be home on the 25th from BLT I will try to get the schedule for you.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
Old 08-02-2012, 03:57 PM   #1820
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
We check-in on the 18th. The website I use to post the activity calendars hasn't updated since June, so I will post an August one after we check-in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsgirl36 View Post
I wonder if this is why I couldn't get a room on the Atrium Club Level the first week in February. Had to change my dates to the week after and 2 days after I booked MK View Atrium Club there were no rooms left at all on Club Level.
It's possible they have to close the floor beneath the Tower Club (they call it 'buffering') during louder periods of rehab work so that's why you couldn't book a room.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:05 AM   #1821
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Thank you DONAC and WDWKOOK for getting the August schedule for me during your stays. Yes, I have been looking on themouseforless and noticed that June schedule was posted for all of July.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #1822
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Thank you DONAC and WDWKOOK for getting the August schedule for me during your stays. Yes, I have been looking on themouseforless and noticed that June schedule was posted for all of July.
Here is the link to the AUGUST Activity Flyer for the CR:

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripp...ntCalendar.pdf

And, BLT:

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripp...LTCalendar.pdf
Old 08-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #1823
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Found a great app today for IPad. It is My Disney Experience. The map images are impressive, but it looks like you can also make dining reservations from the app. It links to your Disney account, but I couldn't figure out how to link my reservations, it has wait times, resort activities, etc.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 08-04-2012, 09:06 AM   #1824
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy
Found a great app today for IPad. It is My Disney Experience. The map images are impressive, but it looks like you can also make dining reservations from the app. It links to your Disney account, but I couldn't figure out how to link my reservations, it has wait times, resort activities, etc.
I have been wondering when that app was coming out. I will have to get it today. Does it have videos on it like mobile magic does?

Old 08-04-2012, 09:08 AM   #1825
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Thank you, the. It's have posted after I checked. Might try to do the treasure thing after chef mickeys on the 31st.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #1826
serene56
DIS Veteran

Could someone tell me the benifit of checking online?

We tried it for our first trip in 2010 when we stayed at Pop Century.
What a mess that was. We were 4 families that I booked through the same agent and paid for all 4 rooms.
We were not together at all. each family was in a totally different building.

50, 60, 70 and 90.

it took a long time to clear up the mess.

I often wondered if we did not do online check in it could have been done at the check in when we arrived.

It took almost an hour for the guy to fix us and put us all in the same building.

would it have taken that long if we went to the regular check in desk??
Old 08-04-2012, 10:42 AM   #1827
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have been wondering when that app was coming out. I will have to get it today. Does it have videos on it like mobile magic does?
I have it on my iPhone and there are no videos. I will have to test it in the iPad when we are home.

I did hear it was being rolled out in phases so maybe that will be a feature added later.

1998 First trip offsite, 2003 CBR, 2004 Sea World, 2005 POR, 2007 POR, 2008 BW, 2010 CCL, 2010 HRH Universal, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Dream, 2013 POP/POR (Princess 1/2 Marathon), 2013 BLT
Old 08-04-2012, 08:37 PM   #1828
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
Could someone tell me the benifit of checking online?

We tried it for our first trip in 2010 when we stayed at Pop Century.
What a mess that was. We were 4 families that I booked through the same agent and paid for all 4 rooms.
We were not together at all. each family was in a totally different building.

50, 60, 70 and 90.

it took a long time to clear up the mess.

I often wondered if we did not do online check in it could have been done at the check in when we arrived.

It took almost an hour for the guy to fix us and put us all in the same building.

would it have taken that long if we went to the regular check in desk??
Unfortunately, online check-in isn't always all it's cracked up to be. When trying to coordinate multiple reservations with specific room location requests, such as adjoining rooms, that might be harder when you do OCI.

If you aren't assigned the location you had hoped, you then have to wait to speak to a room assignor or front desk CM after going through the OCI line. OCI lets you skip that step and have your packet ready and waiting for you upon arrival. But, if your room location request can't be granted or if it wasn't put in your reservation completely, then you might need to speak to someone else such as a room assignor who can attempt to straighten it all out.

Keep in mind though that even if you hadn't done OCI, you still might have had issues with your room location. It's possible your TA did not put your requests in all of your reservations or they weren't in there before the room assignor saw the reservation. OCI doesn't 'cause' problems, but it also isn't necessarily the answer to all check-in problems.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #1829
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magrudersmakes3 View Post
I have it on my iPhone and there are no videos. I will have to test it in the iPad when we are home.

I did hear it was being rolled out in phases so maybe that will be a feature added later.
I did download it over the weekend and can't wait to try it out in the parks over Labor Day. I am really looking forward to seeing how accurate the Fast Pass times are.

Has anyone figured out how to link your reservations to the "experience"?

Old 08-07-2012, 03:29 PM   #1830
buzlite
Earning My Ears

is there a full room service menu for breakfast at blt where we can order eggs, pancakes, juices etc?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: