Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 07:27 PM   #1801
applefans
Mouseketeer

Apologies if this has already been covered...When I look for reservations for a room at BLT for June 2013, the Disney website says that there is no availability at this resort. The same happens when I check Animal Kingdom Villas. Is it possible that rooms to fit a family of 5 are already booked so far in advance, or do they open a block of rooms in the Deluxe Villa category as the date approaches? Just wondering, and I thought someone on this thread might know. Thanks!
Old 07-26-2012, 08:50 PM   #1802
serene56
DIS Veteran

what happens if you change it to 4 people?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2012, 10:17 PM   #1803
applefans
Mouseketeer

I just tried changing it to 4 people for BLT in June 2013, and the same message comes up: "The Resort or Resort Category you requested is unavailable for the dates and party size selected."
Old 07-27-2012, 07:59 AM   #1804
zima-cheryl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by applefans View Post
Apologies if this has already been covered...When I look for reservations for a room at BLT for June 2013, the Disney website says that there is no availability at this resort. The same happens when I check Animal Kingdom Villas. Is it possible that rooms to fit a family of 5 are already booked so far in advance, or do they open a block of rooms in the Deluxe Villa category as the date approaches? Just wondering, and I thought someone on this thread might know. Thanks!
I know that they just released the February 2013 rooms a couple weeks ago. Maybe they haven't released out that far yet?
Also, our TA told us that even when they release rooms they don't always release everything. (We are waiting to see if we can upgrade what we did get.)
Old 07-27-2012, 09:32 AM   #1805
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zima-cheryl View Post
I know that they just released the February 2013 rooms a couple weeks ago. Maybe they haven't released out that far yet?
Also, our TA told us that even when they release rooms they don't always release everything. (We are waiting to see if we can upgrade what we did get.)
Also, the villa availabilities are kinda funny in that (and I'm NO expert in this!!!) my understanding is that Disney doesn't really own any of the villas (Disney and DVC are separate corporate entities), but when people use their DVC points for things like the Disney cruises, then Disney gets those points to use to rent out villas. That point exchange might happen in big chunks, so the allocation for April 2013 may not have happened yet. Also, I think when it gets close to last minute, DVC uses Disney (for a % fee) to rent out any open inventory for cash back into the DVC books (to help offset maintenance costs) instead of letting the rooms stay empty. But again, I could be 100% wrong on all of this.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 07-27-2012, 10:34 PM   #1806
applefans
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the input. I'll try checking availability at a later date, and I'll cross my fingers that a block of rooms at BLT will be released!
Old 07-28-2012, 01:51 PM   #1807
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by almcg View Post
Hi everyone! We've been back home a few days now and I just wanted to tell you all how our night in The Contemporary went. Well, it was BRILLIANT! We stayed in the Garden Wing, Standard View and don't let anyone tell you that it's not worth it! We could see the top of the Castle and the EWP, also we loved watching the monorail going past. We ate at the Contempo Cafe and spent an hour in The Wave. My DH also used the Gym and loved it. My DD12 spent a few hours in the pool before we hit MK, where everything was walkon. We'll definitely be back as I think it's our favourite hotel now
Sounds like a great trip and one night stay in the GW. Time to start planning your return visit!

Quote:
No, they aren't booked, you can only start making DVC 'cash' and non-'home' resort reservations 7 months in advance, so for June 2013, you should be able to book starting in November 2012. DVC owners can book at their home resort up to 11 months in advance.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:07 PM   #1808
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I was finally able to switch our first four nights to a BLT LV one bedroom with the military rate. I've been trying for months and there was no discounted availability and at one point, no availability at all. Persistence finally paid off

This will be our first stay in a villa (3 weeks from today) and DD13 is thrilled she'll have her own bathroom (and so are her parents).
Old 07-28-2012, 03:19 PM   #1809
MandyTG
Mouseketeer

Is there any way to get Mickey Domes other than eating at Chef Mickey's. Like you can get Zebra Domes at AKL's counter serve, any chance they have Mickey Domes at Contempo Cafe?
Old 07-28-2012, 03:29 PM   #1810
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

What are Mickey domes?

1998 First trip offsite, 2003 CBR, 2004 Sea World, 2005 POR, 2007 POR, 2008 BW, 2010 CCL, 2010 HRH Universal, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Dream, 2013 POP/POR (Princess 1/2 Marathon), 2013 BLT
Old 07-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #1811
applefans
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the helpful information!
Old 07-28-2012, 10:15 PM   #1812
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyTG View Post
Is there any way to get Mickey Domes other than eating at Chef Mickey's. Like you can get Zebra Domes at AKL's counter serve, any chance they have Mickey Domes at Contempo Cafe?

mickey domes at Chef Mickeys?? for breakfast???
Old 07-28-2012, 10:24 PM   #1813
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by almcg View Post
Hi everyone! We've been back home a few days now and I just wanted to tell you all how our night in The Contemporary went. Well, it was BRILLIANT! We stayed in the Garden Wing, Standard View and don't let anyone tell you that it's not worth it! We could see the top of the Castle and the EWP, also we loved watching the monorail going past. We ate at the Contempo Cafe and spent an hour in The Wave. My DH also used the Gym and loved it. My DD12 spent a few hours in the pool before we hit MK, where everything was walkon. We'll definitely be back as I think it's our favourite hotel now
thank you soo much for this.
we are booked in the garden wing -standard room. Honey wants to use the gym whle I use the laundry room.
We want to eat at Contempo Cafe the first night. m excited
Old 07-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #1814
Princess Me
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
mickey domes at Chef Mickeys?? for breakfast???
Chef Mickey's also serves dinner.

OP, I will be able to answer your question in 2 months

October 2012 - Contemporary Resort
March 2011 - Beach Club Villas
July 2007 - Polynesian Resort / Off Property
April 2003 & March 1993 - Off Property

Last edited by Princess Me; 07-29-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:28 PM   #1815
Think Pink Tink
Mouseketeer

We had no trouble with this....

Quote:
We booked our 1 bedroom Villa at Bay Lake in Nov 2011 for August 2012. My guess is it's just too early. My TA did say they book up FAST and I checked back for an upgrade to a two bedroom a few months later and there were NO 2 bedrooms available at that point. I wouldn't worry if I were you, give it a few more months and check back.

Offsite 1977, Poly 1985, Offsite 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, Contemporary July 2006, Poly August 2008, Poly August 2009, Poly August 2010
Me DH DD (9) DD(7)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: