Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #1786
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Missyrose, great photos - thank you! Just a beautiful, peaceful view - and if I can see Epcot from a bay lake view (didn't know that before) then I'm sold! I've always been an Epcot girl, so I'll be happy to see it from a monorail resort - perfect!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon (GF/BWI!)
Old 07-20-2012, 07:49 AM   #1787
longing4disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcraw45425 View Post
That stinks for you. I got TPV with the FD PIN. We can only stay three nights due to high schoolers, but I figure any discount works!
Yes..it stinks...
We were all geared for the Contemporary. Now I dread the walks to and from the room to the ceremonial house just to fill our mugs. It's so much more convenient at the contemporary. I'll miss being able to walk to MK.

I am not giving up and continue to check the Internet today to see if I can get the TPV with free dining, but no luck. FD for Contemporary is only for std rooms at atrium club. That costs more then the TPV at Poly and since we don't expect to eat often at the lounge due to FD, it will not be worth it. Looks like I need to start my research on the Poly now....sigh....

May 1996 : Offsite, Disneyland, CA
Nov 2007 : Contemporary, WDW
Jun 2010 : Disneyland Hotel, HK Disneyland
Nov 2012 : The Poly, WDW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #1788
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Missyrose, great photos - thank you! Just a beautiful, peaceful view - and if I can see Epcot from a bay lake view (didn't know that before) then I'm sold! I've always been an Epcot girl, so I'll be happy to see it from a monorail resort - perfect!
You're welcome! You will love the view. It's so nice to come back from the hustle and bustle of the parks and gaze out onto that calm and soothing view.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV

Old 07-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #1789
MandyTG
Mouseketeer

We are staying at CR (Tower Room, Theme Park View), on the night of October 4th, which is a Halloween Party night. We are doing the party earlier in the week and are looking forward to watching the fireworks from our room that night, but also wanted to see the Water Pageant if possible. Does anyone know the schedule for the EWP on Party Nights, and where the best place to view it would be?
Thanks!
Old 07-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #1790
treemi01
SMKCTL

Phew...yes I did just read this whole thing!

I think it took me almost a month, so I guess you could call me a long time lurker. Now I'm finally coming out in the open, though.

I booked a week at CR back in March with FD for the last week of August. It seemed so far away back then, but here I am, only 32 days away (not that I'm counting or anything) and SOOO excited! I stayed at the CR when I was 6 years old in 1984. In fact, I celebrated my 6th birthday there!! It's always been a fond memory, and while I wasn't sure I wanted to stay there every trip, I've always looked forward to bringing my own kids back. So, here we go. We are staying in the tower with a BLV. My DH and I are trying to stay in every WDW resort (we have been married 7 years and have stayed at SSR, ASMo, CBR, VWL, AKV-Jambo, CSR, Poly, and now CR) so we are doing quite well. We have 3 kids ages 5, 3, and 7 months, and we are really looking forward to staying right in the magic at CR. We will be at the CR from August 25-September 1. Gosh, I need a ticker...

Okay, now that I've officially introduced myself, here are my questions.

1) We requested a pack-n-play for DD. From what I've read, it sounds like it's all pack-n-plays at the CR? Is that what everyone has received? I know at many of the other deluxe hotels our requests have always noted a pack-n-play, but sometimes we've received a portable metal crib instead. It looks like this is not the case at the CR, is that correct? I like to bring my own sheets for the baby, so I will pack accordingly and leave the portable sheet at home.

2) Another option, DD really doesn't sleep well in a pack-n-play, so I was thinking of reserving a crib from Baby's Best Friend. Has anyone ever done this? If so, is there a reasonable amount of space to put it in the room? I know the rooms are large, but I can't tell if and where there is room for a full-sized crib. Would an exersaucer also fit? I hate to just put her on the floor in a hotel room, and it would be really nice to have some place to "put" her, but I don't want to overcrowd our room either? Any thoughts? If it helps, we shouldn't need to use the day bed. DSs will sleep together in one bed and DH and I in the other.

3) This one isn't Contemporary specific, but it appears that there are a huge number of split-stayers on this board so someone should know the answer. We are actually arriving on 8/24 and doing a 1-night RO at ASMo. Tell me how the luggage moving works. We've done this once before and not had a good experience with our luggage. They told us to just leave it in the room and they would note it and it would be moved to our next resort, but it wasn't. After an entire evening trying to track down our belongings, it was finally found (in our original room at our original resort), but they couldn't get it to us until after midnight, so we had to pick it up the next morning. Please tell me this was a fluke and it will go smoother this time...

4) Okay, so about the RO the day before...In all of these trips (I've been to WDW more than 25 times), I never knew you could pick up your park tickets in advance of your package starting. Now, thanks to all these knowledgeable DISers, I know that we can! If we did, we would want to add an extra day to our tickets, which I know we can do at the front desk at the Contemporary when we check in. However, we would really like to have our tickets transferred onto our KTTW cards. Does anyone have success doing this at the Contemporary? I *think* it's possible, but I know sometimes CM will tell you that it's not. Just wondering what the chances are that I'd be able to do this. With a family of 5, it's difficult enough keeping track of everyone's KTTW cards and everything else, and it would be great to not have to deal with park tickets, too.

5) Last one...for now...As I said, we have FD so we have the regular dining plan. We have little kids, so we use more QS meals than TS meals. I know that sometimes they will let you change TS meals into QS meal credits, but that it's usually easiest to do this at your resort. Anyone have luck with CM at the Contempo Cafe (or elsewhere on property) letting you do this? Just trying to plan in advance.

6) I lied...I have one more. This is totally unrelated and should go on the dining board, but I've been so busy reading this that I haven't been over there and someone probably knows the answer anyway. We have ADRs at HDDR. I think I've heard that it is closed or is closing for rennovation??? Anyone been there recently that knows if this is true and if we do actually have ADRs like I think we do? Just wondering, if no one knows, I will ask elsewhere.

Thanks so much!
Old 07-23-2012, 03:31 PM   #1791
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyTG View Post
We are staying at CR (Tower Room, Theme Park View), on the night of October 4th, which is a Halloween Party night. We are doing the party earlier in the week and are looking forward to watching the fireworks from our room that night, but also wanted to see the Water Pageant if possible. Does anyone know the schedule for the EWP on Party Nights, and where the best place to view it would be?
Thanks!
The EWP has always been around 10:10 at the CR. Someone please enlighten me if there is a different schedule during MNSSHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemi01 View Post

I think it took me almost a month, so I guess you could call me a long time lurker. Now I'm finally coming out in the open, though.

I booked a week at CR back in March with FD for the last week of August. It seemed so far away back then, but here I am, only 32 days away (not that I'm counting or anything) and SOOO excited! I stayed at the CR when I was 6 years old in 1984. In fact, I celebrated my 6th birthday there!! It's always been a fond memory, and while I wasn't sure I wanted to stay there every trip, I've always looked forward to bringing my own kids back. So, here we go. We are staying in the tower with a BLV. My DH and I are trying to stay in every WDW resort (we have been married 7 years and have stayed at SSR, ASMo, CBR, VWL, AKV-Jambo, CSR, Poly, and now CR) so we are doing quite well. We have 3 kids ages 5, 3, and 7 months, and we are really looking forward to staying right in the magic at CR. We will be at the CR from August 25-September 1. Gosh, I need a ticker...

Okay, now that I've officially introduced myself, here are my questions.

1) We requested a pack-n-play for DD. From what I've read, it sounds like it's all pack-n-plays at the CR? Is that what everyone has received? I know at many of the other deluxe hotels our requests have always noted a pack-n-play, but sometimes we've received a portable metal crib instead. It looks like this is not the case at the CR, is that correct? I like to bring my own sheets for the baby, so I will pack accordingly and leave the portable sheet at home.

~Keep in mind that if there isn't one in your room when you get in, all you have to do is call housekeeping and they'll bring one up for you.

2) Another option, DD really doesn't sleep well in a pack-n-play, so I was thinking of reserving a crib from Baby's Best Friend. Has anyone ever done this? If so, is there a reasonable amount of space to put it in the room? I know the rooms are large, but I can't tell if and where there is room for a full-sized crib. Would an exersaucer also fit? I hate to just put her on the floor in a hotel room, and it would be really nice to have some place to "put" her, but I don't want to overcrowd our room either? Any thoughts? If it helps, we shouldn't need to use the day bed. DSs will sleep together in one bed and DH and I in the other.
~I've never used that service. Unless you're willing to use the balcony (JK) it's going to get a little crowded in there with so much stuff. The only place I think a crib might fit with the daybed open would possibly be in between the two queens

3) This one isn't Contemporary specific, but it appears that there are a huge number of split-stayers on this board so someone should know the answer. We are actually arriving on 8/24 and doing a 1-night RO at ASMo. Tell me how the luggage moving works. We've done this once before and not had a good experience with our luggage. They told us to just leave it in the room and they would note it and it would be moved to our next resort, but it wasn't. After an entire evening trying to track down our belongings, it was finally found (in our original room at our original resort), but they couldn't get it to us until after midnight, so we had to pick it up the next morning. Please tell me this was a fluke and it will go smoother this time...
~We love split stays, but we always drive so we schlep our stuff ourselves. Could you take a cab over to the CR? That way you could check your luggage immediately upon arrival and have immediate access to it.

4) Okay, so about the RO the day before...In all of these trips (I've been to WDW more than 25 times), I never knew you could pick up your park tickets in advance of your package starting. Now, thanks to all these knowledgeable DISers, I know that we can! If we did, we would want to add an extra day to our tickets, which I know we can do at the front desk at the Contemporary when we check in. However, we would really like to have our tickets transferred onto our KTTW cards. Does anyone have success doing this at the Contemporary? I *think* it's possible, but I know sometimes CM will tell you that it's not. Just wondering what the chances are that I'd be able to do this. With a family of 5, it's difficult enough keeping track of everyone's KTTW cards and everything else, and it would be great to not have to deal with park tickets, too.
~I've never had to do this so I don't know if it can be done.

5) Last one...for now...As I said, we have FD so we have the regular dining plan. We have little kids, so we use more QS meals than TS meals. I know that sometimes they will let you change TS meals into QS meal credits, but that it's usually easiest to do this at your resort. Anyone have luck with CM at the Contempo Cafe (or elsewhere on property) letting you do this? Just trying to plan in advance.
~I wouldn't want to waste a TS credit for a QS meal, but I would think that WDW would be happy to oblige you

6) I lied...I have one more. This is totally unrelated and should go on the dining board, but I've been so busy reading this that I haven't been over there and someone probably knows the answer anyway. We have ADRs at HDDR. I think I've heard that it is closed or is closing for rennovation??? Anyone been there recently that knows if this is true and if we do actually have ADRs like I think we do? Just wondering, if no one knows, I will ask elsewhere.

Thanks so much!
HDDR was due to close for a rehab this fall, but that has been canceled and a new schedule has been created:

From AllEars:

UPDATE JUNE 2012: The Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue at the Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground will have new show times effective October 1, 2012. The reservation window for the adjusted show times opened on June 12; all reservations for October 1, 2012, and after will have the updated show times.
The new times will be 4 p.m., 6:15 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. (Current show times are 5 p.m., 7:15 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.)
The category pricing structure will remain the same, and guests using the Disney Dining Plan can still redeem two table-service meals for either Category 2 or Category 3 seats for the 4 p.m. and 6:15 p.m. shows or Categories 1, 2, and 3 seats for the 8:30 p.m. show.

I hope you have a wonderful vacation!
Old 07-23-2012, 04:43 PM   #1792
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyTG View Post
Thanks!
We like watching it from the firepit at BLT (DVC owners). Maybe on the beach at the CR. The water level view is really cool.

Quote:

I 4) Okay, so about the RO the day before...In all of these trips (I've been to WDW more than 25 times), I never knew you could pick up your park tickets in advance of your package starting. Now, thanks to all these knowledgeable DISers, I know that we can! If we did, we would want to add an extra day to our tickets, which I know we can do at the front desk at the Contemporary when we check in. However, we would really like to have our tickets transferred onto our KTTW cards. Does anyone have success doing this at the Contemporary? I *think* it's possible, but I know sometimes CM will tell you that it's not. Just wondering what the chances are that I'd be able to do this. With a family of 5, it's difficult enough keeping track of everyone's KTTW cards and everything else, and it would be great to not have to deal with park tickets, too.
!
Only one I can answer. We had them transferred at resort last year when there was some snafu with the computer system, but they managed to transfer. I agree, I like having everything on KTTW card as it is easier to keep up with.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 07-23-2012, 04:47 PM   #1793
MandyTG
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
We like watching it from the firepit at BLT (DVC owners). Maybe on the beach at the CR. The water level view is really cool.
The beach would be great! I'm just thinking about possible indoor locations if we don't have time to get all the way down to the beach after watching the fireworks from our room.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:20 PM   #1794
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Before you check out of your ASMo room call bell services to your room and explain how you are moving over to the Contemporary and they will mark your bags and take them down to bell services and transfer your luggage over at some point that day. When we did a split stay last year, we actually called a cab in the morning and had our bags and use taken to BLT since we were planning on spending that day at MK. We checked into BLT before heading over to MK and to our surprise they already had a room ready for us at 9am in the morning.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:07 AM   #1795
almcg
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! We've been back home a few days now and I just wanted to tell you all how our night in The Contemporary went. Well, it was BRILLIANT! We stayed in the Garden Wing, Standard View and don't let anyone tell you that it's not worth it! We could see the top of the Castle and the EWP, also we loved watching the monorail going past. We ate at the Contempo Cafe and spent an hour in The Wave. My DH also used the Gym and loved it. My DD12 spent a few hours in the pool before we hit MK, where everything was walkon. We'll definitely be back as I think it's our favourite hotel now
Old 07-25-2012, 12:52 PM   #1796
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by almcg View Post
Hi everyone! We've been back home a few days now and I just wanted to tell you all how our night in The Contemporary went. Well, it was BRILLIANT! We stayed in the Garden Wing, Standard View and don't let anyone tell you that it's not worth it! We could see the top of the Castle and the EWP, also we loved watching the monorail going past. We ate at the Contempo Cafe and spent an hour in The Wave. My DH also used the Gym and loved it. My DD12 spent a few hours in the pool before we hit MK, where everything was walkon. We'll definitely be back as I think it's our favourite hotel now
Glad you enjoyed it!!
Past BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 07-26-2012, 09:06 AM   #1797
poohgirl6
I dream of Stormalong Bay

I have a question about the CR Convention Center: On which level (floor #) is the access from the Tower to the Convention center? I could not tell from the map

Thanks in advance for anyone that knows about this.
Polynesian/Beach Club 1997
Ft. Wilderness 2000
Contemporary 2001
Dolphin/BCV 2006
BWV/AKV Jan 2010
CR/POR Sept 2012
Contemporary Sept 2013
Yacht Club/CR August/Sept 2014

The Fam
DH Me : DD28 DS24 DS17 DS15 DGS3 DGD
Old 07-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #1798
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohgirl6 View Post
I have a question about the CR Convention Center: On which level (floor #) is the access from the Tower to the Convention center? I could not tell from the map

Thanks in advance for anyone that knows about this.
I don't know exactly, but it always seems like the 2nd floor is flooded with conventioners, so I would assume that would be it.
Past BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 07-26-2012, 12:05 PM   #1799
poohgirl6
I dream of Stormalong Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
I don't know exactly, but it always seems like the 2nd floor is flooded with conventioners, so I would assume that would be it.
Thank you
Polynesian/Beach Club 1997
Ft. Wilderness 2000
Contemporary 2001
Dolphin/BCV 2006
BWV/AKV Jan 2010
CR/POR Sept 2012
Contemporary Sept 2013
Yacht Club/CR August/Sept 2014

The Fam
DH Me : DD28 DS24 DS17 DS15 DGS3 DGD
Old 07-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #1800
Momoftwins+1
Mouseketeer

There are escalators from lobby floor to convention floor and down from by Contempo Cafe to Convention floor ( I know they have Convention stuff on lobby floor and 2nd floor ) This is all in the tower, just the lower levels.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: