Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 06:13 PM   #1756
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
Thank you, that is exactly the information I needed. I will go with garden grocer, is it too early to place an order over labor day weekend?
no and i would not wait the garden grocer only takes so many orders last trip in sep our dates were closed about 2 weeks before
Old 07-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #1757
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you, that is exactly the information I needed. I will go with garden grocer, is it too early to place an order over labor day weekend?
no and i would not wait the garden grocer only takes so many orders last trip in sep our dates were closed about 2 weeks before
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2012, 06:59 PM   #1758
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBelle1 View Post
Hello!!

I've read through most of this thread and it has totally fueled my excitement for our upcoming stay at the Contemporary!!! (Week from today!!! )

I'm trying to find the July recreation schedule. We're curious about the pool activities and dive in movie schedule!

We've booked a MK view tower room & I've requested a high floor, odd numbered room. My kids have autism and have a major love affair with the monorail!!
...the odd room number is for me!! (I've already called dibs on the bed closest to the window!!)

My kids are 13 and 11.. we're also bringing my daughter's 13 year old friend.

It's our very first stay at the Contemporary...
Anyone have suggestions for us???
The July recreation activities calendar hasn't been posted yet on the Mouse for Less site. What a wonderful view your kids are going to have for their first visit at the CR.

I'm sure you already know about the walkway to the MK and that you're the first picked-up and dropped off on the buses. If your kids love the monorail, the Contempo Cafe is a great place to sit, relax and watch the monorail. There is also an area outside on the 4th floor Concourse with benches near BLT that you and your kids can watch the monorail:

Sea Raycers are lots of fun. My DD13 loves driving one on her own now. Maybe the kids could do that or you can take the boat over to FW and do some activities there or at WL. Lots to see and do in and around the CR. Have a great trip!

Here is the July movie schedule from Build a Better Mouse Trip:

Disney's Contemporary Resort Outdoor Movie Schedule - July.

Movie shown under the Skyway Bridge at 9:00PM

Sundays - The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Mondays - Up
Tuesdays - National Treasure
Wednesdays - National Treasure: Book of Secrets
Thursdays - The Princess & the Frog(See our Princess Page)
Fridays - High School Musical
Saturdays - The Secret World of Arrietty

Your kids are sure to enjoy this wonderful free activity at the Contemporary Resort Hotel. This program is open to all guests of Walt Disney World, not just to those staying at the resort. Refreshment stand and restrooms available. Check with a Cast Member or the resort recreation calendar to confirm show times. These movies are projected on to a large portable screen under the sky bridge between the towers.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:57 PM   #1759
BabyBelle1
Earning My Ears

Thanks, so much, WDWKOOK!!

We have a breakfast ADR at Chef Mickey's and we will definitely have to have a few lunches at Contempo... is it set up so that maybe we could eat out on that 4th floor observation deck or is that at the opposite end??

I have already reserved a tandem parasailing flight for my DD13 & I!! Her other love is looking out on the world (not just WDW) from the highest point she can reach. Watching the monorail from that high will be the ultimate EVERYTHING for her

My DS11 isn't so wild about heights, so we'll rent a couple of water mice after our flight... DD'sBFF13 driving w DD13 and me with DS11.. Would he be old enough to drive with me in the boat??

We will also be taking the boat over to WL for dinner at WCC on our first night, before evening EMH at MK!!

Are there things to do at FW close enough to the boat docks that we can accomplish in an hour or so?? If so, we should have time to go before our 6:25 ADR

Yay!! So ready for this!!!

1 in 88... 2 are mine

1995 - Dixie Landings aka Port Orleans Riverside - 1997 - Grand Floridian - 2000 - Polynesian - 2002 - All Star Movies -2006 - Wilderness Lodge/Boardwalk Villas - 2006 - Wilderness Lodge Villas - 2009 - Pop Century - 2011 - Polynesian - 2012 - Portofino Bay/Contemporary
Old 07-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #1760
StephLS
Everything Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by WsPrincess View Post

When we were there in June, they actually just left the daybed as a bed and when they came in to clean they just made it up as a bed so it was not folded up each day and then put back down. It worked really well for us because the kids still need an afternoon nap.
Oh that sounds perfect, just wondering do I have to ask upon check in for the extra bed linens or do they have them already in the room?

Quote:
Hello!!

I've read through most of this thread and it has totally fueled my excitement for our upcoming stay at the Contemporary!!! (Week from today!!! )

I'm trying to find the July recreation schedule. We're curious about the pool activities and dive in movie schedule!

We've booked a MK view tower room & I've requested a high floor, odd numbered room. My kids have autism and have a major love affair with the monorail!!
...the odd room number is for me!! (I've already called dibs on the bed closest to the window!!)

My kids are 13 and 11.. we're also bringing my daughter's 13 year old friend.

It's our very first stay at the Contemporary...
Anyone have suggestions for us???
I'm just saying, you guys are going to Love the contemporary,Your children are going to really enjoy watching the fireworks from their hotel room, and as for the monorail lover, WooHoo can't get any better action than from the contemporary.
Enjoy your vacation we are right behind you, in 4 weeks we will be there!!!

Me! DD(23) DS(17) H
2012-CR,2011-POFQ, 2010-CR and AKL
2005-offsite, 2000-windham resort, 1998-offse
1983-golf resort
1978-1977-1976-1975-CR

[/url]
Old 07-16-2012, 06:25 PM   #1761
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I'm sure you already know about the walkway to the MK and that you're the first picked-up and dropped off on the buses. If your kids love the monorail, the Contempo Cafe is a great place to sit, relax and watch the monorail. There is also an area outside on the 4th floor Concourse with benches near BLT that you and your kids can watch the monorail:

.[/I]
Great picture.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 07-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #1762
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
Sounds like I need to start getting an order together for Garden Grocer if they close requests out.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #1763
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

We just rented DVC points to stay at BLT next June. I know it's just under a year, but we are super excited!

1998 First trip offsite, 2003 CBR, 2004 Sea World, 2005 POR, 2007 POR, 2008 BW, 2010 CCL, 2010 HRH Universal, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Dream, 2013 POP/POR (Princess 1/2 Marathon), 2013 BLT
Old 07-17-2012, 09:15 PM   #1764
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Thanks, so much, WDWKOOK!!

We have a breakfast ADR at Chef Mickey's and we will definitely have to have a few lunches at Contempo... is it set up so that maybe we could eat out on that 4th floor observation deck or is that at the opposite end??

I have already reserved a tandem parasailing flight for my DD13 & I!! Her other love is looking out on the world (not just WDW) from the highest point she can reach. Watching the monorail from that high will be the ultimate EVERYTHING for her

My DS11 isn't so wild about heights, so we'll rent a couple of water mice after our flight... DD'sBFF13 driving w DD13 and me with DS11.. Would he be old enough to drive with me in the boat??

We will also be taking the boat over to WL for dinner at WCC on our first night, before evening EMH at MK!!

Are there things to do at FW close enough to the boat docks that we can accomplish in an hour or so?? If so, we should have time to go before our 6:25 ADR

Yay!! So ready for this!!!
It is at the opposite end, near the MK and CC is next to Chef Mickey's which is closer to the Garden Wing, but it's only about a one minute or less walk to the door. You'll have a tray, so you could certainly take your food out there. It might be rather windy though and I don't know if the birds would be bothersome.

Your plans sound great! What lucky kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Great picture.
Thank you, but to me, anything with the monorail in it looks great. In fact, I waited until it passed to take that because the photo just didn't seem right without the monorail in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magrudersmakes3 View Post
We just rented DVC points to stay at BLT next June. I know it's just under a year, but we are super excited!
Let the countdown begin! You can never start planning a trip to WDW too soon
Old 07-17-2012, 09:35 PM   #1765
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Let the countdown begin! You can never start planning a trip to WDW too soon
I hear you. We are watching the planning DVD again lol

1998 First trip offsite, 2003 CBR, 2004 Sea World, 2005 POR, 2007 POR, 2008 BW, 2010 CCL, 2010 HRH Universal, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Dream, 2013 POP/POR (Princess 1/2 Marathon), 2013 BLT
Old 07-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #1766
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magrudersmakes3 View Post
Is this your first time renting points? We rented points last November for BLT and became hooked. So in Ferbuary we closed on a BLT DVC resale contract. Be warned that you might fall in love

Old 07-18-2012, 09:34 AM   #1767
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Thank you, but to me, anything with the monorail in it looks great. In fact, I waited until it passed to take that because the photo just didn't seem right without the monorail in it.
Monorail is great. Or, maybe it's Bay Lake. Or, maybe it's Cinderella's castle. Or, .....
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 07-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #1768
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Is this your first time renting points? We rented points last November for BLT and became hooked. So in Ferbuary we closed on a BLT DVC resale contract. Be warned that you might fall in love
Yes, this is our first time. That is funny as I am afraid of that same thing happening.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:31 AM   #1769
tmerz
Earning My Ears

Hi! My mom is visiting contemporary in August and has a standard tower room bay view. What if any room requests should she make?
Thanks for your help!
Old 07-19-2012, 03:28 PM   #1770
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Monorail is great. Or, maybe it's Bay Lake. Or, maybe it's Cinderella's castle. Or, .....
Yes, yes and yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmerz View Post
Hi! My mom is visiting contemporary in August and has a standard tower room bay view. What if any room requests should she make?
Thanks for your help!
Ahh, my favorite WDW room view. If she requests a high floor, she'll have a more commanding view of Bay Lake and Epcot/FW/WL over to the right. If she thinks the 'celebration song' from Chef Mickey's might bother her, she could request a room away from Chef Mickey's. Finally, if she would like to sit in bed and look out towards FW/Epcot/Garden Wing, rather than towards BLT, she could request an odd numbered room.

I hope she has a great vacation!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: