Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 11:08 AM   #1681
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cshel85 View Post
@WDWKOOK, question regarding CR, they said we will be higher than the 12th which would be 14th floor, right, but they said 2 connecting rooms with 2 queen beds, I saw a floor plan and don't see any rooms with queen beds? Little confused. Also will the CL at CR have food our boys like? One of the things that made the WL CL appeared to have kid friendly items
I can't recall how many standard (non-suite) rooms the 14th floor has. I thought there were only two or three and the rest were suites. I thought at least two rooms have queen beds

The CM either made a mistake and meant to say that you would be in a suite on the 14th floor or there are actually two rooms with queen beds on the 14th floor or you will be in a non-CL floor below the 12th floor (you said the 12th floor is full, right?) Can't you and DH be in a king and your two boys in two queens? Maybe there are connecting rooms like that.

All CLs generally have the same type of food other than during the 5-7 appetizer time. They all have 'kid friendly' PBJ shooters, cheese, bread and crackers, fried appetizers, fruit... items most kids love. WL has cobbler every evening, while the CR does not. Milk seems to always be available at WL, whereas at the CR we often had to request it, other than breakfast.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:12 AM   #1682
Cshel85
Mouseketeer

thanks for the info on the food, that makes me feel better for my boys. Andrew from WL CL who is the one that I spoke to said CL 12th floor was full, but he was going to request that we be on the floor higher and Virignia called me yesterday from WL CL and said that everything was taken care of and that our reservation online will show 1 room at the CR, but we do have two rooms floor higher than 12th with connecting rooms facing MK
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #1683
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cshel85 View Post
thanks for the info on the food, that makes me feel better for my boys. Andrew from WL CL who is the one that I spoke to said CL 12th floor was full, but he was going to request that we be on the floor higher and Virignia called me yesterday from WL CL and said that everything was taken care of and that our reservation online will show 1 room at the CR, but we do have two rooms floor higher than 12th with connecting rooms facing MK
Wow, that is an incredible upgrade from one room at WL/CL. Enjoy!
Old 07-04-2012, 02:14 PM   #1684
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Seeing that WL is my overall favorite resort and CR is second, I recommend a split stay, if you can. We'd be happy to answer any questions you might have about the CR or you're welcome anytime over on the WL thread that's hyperlinked in my signature
Thank you !! I'm actually signed up over on the WL thread as well.... I'm trying to learn as much about both as I can. They each have qualities that are fantastic, and I don't think we can go wrong at either place. Alot of it is going to depend on the discounts offered when we book. But I think I'd be happy with either one!!

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
Old 07-04-2012, 06:02 PM   #1685
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Yeah, we just played shuffleboard on last trip. I might need to introduce my children to that side as well. Have a great trip.

Oh shuffleboard is so much fun.

We arrived home last night at midnight and had a good time at BLT. CR was always busy though so we were glad to be staying at BLT.

Just a note that the water seemed different this time. Not sure if Disney is using a different filtration system but the water didn't have that odor that it normally does. Ok just have to say that I couldn't get used to the super sonic flushing.

Our mousekeeping was always great. The villa smelled so good once we returned. They always stocked the toiletries and gave us so many towels. We even had towel animals. They made the blanket into a swan which was sitting on the foot rest of the leather chair. We were even given to boxes of All everyday even though I would only use one. As far as noise from other rooms, very minimal. The only thing that I heard was one little girl screaming at the top of her lungs which I do believe she was above us. But it didn't last for very long. Out side of that, very little.

We rented a cabana one morning and it was nice but I wouldn't do it again. There are only 2 cabana's (#3 & 4) in the quite pool and 2 cabana's (#1 & 2) by the main pool. Cabana #1 was on one side of the pool by the building and cabana #2 (ours) was over by the volleyball court facing BLT.

I will be posting some pictures within a few days once I transfer them from my iPhone.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:09 PM   #1686
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post
We arrived home last night at midnight and had a good time at BLT. CR was always busy though so we were glad to be staying at BLT.

We rented a cabana one morning and it was nice but I wouldn't do it again. There are only 2 cabana's (#3 & 4) in the quite pool and 2 cabana's (#1 & 2) by the main pool. Cabana #1 was on one side of the pool by the building and cabana #2 (ours) was over by the volleyball court facing BLT.

I will be posting some pictures within a few days once I transfer them from my iPhone.
Welcome back from your trip! I'm anxious to see your photos. Thanks for sharing the information for the cabanas. Can you rent them in advance or do you do it the day that you wish to use them? We'll be there next month and this information is useful.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #1687
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:

Just a note that the water seemed different this time. Not sure if Disney is using a different filtration system but the water didn't have that odor that it normally does. Ok just have to say that I couldn't get used to the super sonic flushing.

Our mousekeeping was always great. The villa smelled so good once we returned. They always stocked the toiletries and gave us so many towels. We even had towel animals. They made the blanket into a swan which was sitting on the foot rest of the leather chair. We were even given to boxes of All everyday even though I would only use one. As far as noise from other rooms, very minimal. The only thing that I heard was one little girl screaming at the top of her lungs which I do believe she was above us. But it didn't last for very long. Out side of that, very little.

Glad you all had a great trip. Looking forward to pictures.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 07-05-2012, 07:40 AM   #1688
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Glad you had a good time at BLT. Did you happen to notice the activities schedule at BLT? I have been trying to find out a current resort acitivities guide for kids to see if they are still offering tie dye t-shirts and movie/campfire schedule.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:42 AM   #1689
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Bumping this up for you to see if anyone knows

Thanks, I am hoping that someone knows. Also if anyone is going towards the being on August maybe they can post an update on kids activities and movie schedule for BLT.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:07 AM   #1690
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Water delivery to BLT

I am looking ahead to our Labor Day Trip and this will be our first trip not on a dining plan and only using our TOW card. I would like to have water delivered to BLT. Has anyone done this before either through Garden Grocer, WalMart, or Staples? I read that at CR they sometimes charge a $10 fee to hold the package if shipped via mail through WalMart or Staples. Does anyone know if BLT charges a fee if a package is sent and has to be held until arrival? I am debating if I should use WalMart or Garden Grocer?

Old 07-05-2012, 09:33 AM   #1691
WDWKOOK

The July activities calendar hasn't been posted yet so here is June's for CR:

And BLT:

'Mickey Tie-Dye' is listed on Saturday, but the second page isn't posting so here is the link to the calendar:

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripp...LTCalendar.pdf
Old 07-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #1692
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The July activities calendar hasn't been posted yet
And BLT:

'Mickey Tie-Dye' is listed on Saturday, but the second page isn't posting so here is the link to the calendar:

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripp...LTCalendar.pdf
Thanks for the information. I am hoping that the August-September schedule is the same as June. Saturday would work great for tie dye for usDoes anyone if the activites really change that much for month to month?

Old 07-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #1693
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Top of The World Lounge open to all DVC members

http://land.allears.net/blogs/dnews/..._bay_lake.html

Check out this article on all ears, I wonder if this will continue past August to open the Top of the World Lounge to all DVC members with reservations at any DVC property?

Old 07-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #1694
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
http://land.allears.net/blogs/dnews/..._bay_lake.html

Check out this article on all ears, I wonder if this will continue past August to open the Top of the World Lounge to all DVC members with reservations at any DVC property?
Thank you for posting this information, mickeyplanner

Looks like baby steps here - is the next step that it will someday be open to those NOT staying on points?
Old 07-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #1695
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

I have to highly recommend the CR TPV rooms for July 4th! Great view of the fireworks the past two nights! For anyone concerned about how far from MK your balcony is, I am in the next to the last room and the view was great. Also, I am right over Chef Mickey's about half way up, and no issues with noise in the room either from breakfast or dinner. The best thing about my room location was that I could watch the MK fireworks from the balcony, then go right outside my room door and watch the Epcot fireworks through the window at the end of CR.

I still have major issues with the tower elevators though, and will probably continue to book wing rooms for the most part specifically because of it. Even the other members of my traveling party commented on how poor the elevator service was - and it didn't really matter what time of day we were using them. But the fireworks view was great.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: