Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 07:44 AM   #1651
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if they are still tye dying shirts with kids at BLT? Our DD keeps hoping she can do that over Labor Day.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:47 PM   #1652
dmband
DIS Veteran

Online checked in today, getting fired up
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2012, 07:10 AM   #1653
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Good Morning everyone. We checked into BLT yesterday and of course the resort is great. We are in a 1 brdm villa LV (inner circle) over what I believe are bocce ball courts. Just opposite of where we were in 2010. The room is in good shape. A few things here and there but nothing major. Well, going to Epcot so I will report back later.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #1654
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post
Good Morning everyone. We checked into BLT yesterday and of course the resort is great. We are in a 1 brdm villa LV (inner circle) over what I believe are bocce ball courts. Just opposite of where we were in 2010. The room is in good shape. A few things here and there but nothing major. Well, going to Epcot so I will report back later.
Yeah, we just played shuffleboard on last trip. I might need to introduce my children to that side as well. Have a great trip.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 06-29-2012, 03:34 PM   #1655
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

I read over the first few pages, I then am still curious to know about the view from Atrium Magic Kingdom View. I Just called in today and reserved my MK Atrium Club Level 12th Floor Room with two queens beds. I was wondering if anyone has had the same room type and can link me to pictures and tell me was there easy location's, like how far laundry was from that area. Where is the closest CL lounge? What are some of the other perks besides what I can read about that come with CL Level Treatment?

Thank you to whoever is kind enough to respond.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #1656
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Did online check-in for July 3-5 split stay - 1 night Atrium Club, 1 night Garden Wing!

One question - can dining plan mugs be filled at the Sand Bar or only in Contempo Cafe?

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Old 06-29-2012, 08:10 PM   #1657
Leafsgirl36
Leafs Fan Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
I read over the first few pages, I then am still curious to know about the view from Atrium Magic Kingdom View. I Just called in today and reserved my MK Atrium Club Level 12th Floor Room with two queens beds. I was wondering if anyone has had the same room type and can link me to pictures and tell me was there easy location's, like how far laundry was from that area. Where is the closest CL lounge? What are some of the other perks besides what I can read about that come with CL Level Treatment?

We stayed in a MK Atrium Club room in January, the view is fantastic and all the MK view rooms are on the same side of the building as the lounge. Basically the Club Lounge is in the middle of the one side of the building and the MK view rooms are on both sides of the lounge.
The laundry is not in the main building so it is a bit of a walk to get there.
You will love the CR and your room :-)
Old 06-30-2012, 09:02 AM   #1658
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We stayed in this exact kind of room last week. I posted a picture a couple pages back of our view. We were 2 rooms from the lounge and the view was PERFECT! When we checked in we were given the choice of a room further from the lounge or waiting a little bit for this room with the better view. I am SO GLAD we waited. The lounge is HUGE and the balcony there is nice to visit for the fireworks too (though you won't need to). We loved it there and I really hope we get a chance to stay there again.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #1659
Cshel85
Mouseketeer

We are arriving July 13th and were booked in WL CL, but have been upgraded to CR CL and was wondering if anybody can recommend where we should eat the first night with two boys 10 and 14, we won't be getting in until 4

thanks
Old 07-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #1660
doodlemama
Mouseketeer

Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL is fun. Another option would be Kona at the Poly. Both good choices for an evening near your resort!
Old 07-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #1661
CaptainEO71
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I am scratching my head wondering what made you have a chage of heart about CR? I saw your posts over on the WL thread where you said CR was "cold, depressing, overwhelming & confusing" - but then you booked CR CL? You posted there that you'd never stay at CR. You seem to like the warmer, darker themed resorts like POR & Poly, are you really sure CR is for you? CR is a totally different "feel" - while I would never call it cold & dpresssing like you did, It certainly isn't warm & cozy. Its sleek & modern & well, contemporary! Lots of activity going on with the monorail, which we just love. Maybe a bit of nostalgia there too.

I follow a lot of resort threads when in planning mode LOL - and I see you also claim to have booked POR for the same dates - so maybe you did second guess CR & go back to an old favorite?
Old 07-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #1662
StephLS
Everything Disney

Wow just found this thread and its awesome. I love listening to other people talk about CR. My family would go often and stay here so I have tons of great memories and now I have been taking my kids. I love the CR, the rooms are spacious, the views are gorgeous, and the location , well, perfect!
We will be there august 13-21 cannot wait!!!

Me! DD(23) DS(17) H
2012-CR,2011-POFQ, 2010-CR and AKL
2005-offsite, 2000-windham resort, 1998-offse
1983-golf resort
1978-1977-1976-1975-CR

[/url]
Old 07-01-2012, 08:06 PM   #1663
fellowtraveler
Earning My Ears

Quote:

We just got back from a 8 day stay on the CL and while the club itself was great, we are on the fence if we stay at CR next visit. Mousekeeping was a bit lax and I had to go get washrags most days for everyone in our room to have one. The elevator situation was frustrating and one day after a 20 minute wait, one of the CM on the 12th floor took us down a service elevator so that we could make breakfast reservations. I did think that was great of them and I considered it a bit of a backstage tour. The laundry is over in the Garden Wing, which is a long walk at 2:00am when DW, DD, and DSIL are in bed and all you can do is envy them. CL check in is great. Didn't feel rushed and I loved the personalized service. The only really off-putting experience was a very rude clerk in the market. After hearing from the CL staff and another CM at MK that we could convert DP credits into snack credits was decided to do this for some of our unused meals. We asked this clerk about it and he pulled a major attitude with us regarding how staff members do this all the time and that we could not do this at the market, only at a dining location. While I guess he could be frustrated after having to answer this question over and over, his tone was all wrong. He even made a comment to his another clerk that was processing our purchase that we were the "people asking about changing credits because of other people." I had a conversation with someone in admin for the CR since it kinda made me mad. I doubt anything will be said, but it was a poor reflection on the CR. Now that this has become TL;DR, the club staff were great and there was always plenty of food and drink. It is great to get up in the morning and grab some coffee and a pastry on the way to the park. The fireworks viewing is also really great and we took advantage of it when Debby was in the park. I would do CL again, but would have to think on doing it at CR.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #1664
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fellowtraveler View Post
Mousekeeping was a bit lax and I had to go get washrags most days for everyone in our room to have one. The elevator situation was frustrating and one day after a 20 minute wait, one of the CM on the 12th floor took us down a service elevator so that we could make breakfast reservations. .

wow- for the money you pay per night-- you would think this kind of stuff would be non -issues
Old 07-01-2012, 10:09 PM   #1665
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cshel85 View Post
We are arriving July 13th and were booked in WL CL, but have been upgraded to CR CL and was wondering if anybody can recommend where we should eat the first night with two boys 10 and 14, we won't be getting in until 4

thanks
During this busy time of year, it's not very likely you'll be able to eat anywhere that takes reservations. Your best bet for that type of restaurant might be The Wave, just off CR's lobby ... it just doesn't seem to be as popular as other spots.

But if you can't do a walk-in or get an ADR at this late date, why not just have a relaxing dinner at Contempo Cafe, CR's counter-service location? If you really feel like branching out, then take the monorail to Poly and try out Captain Cook's; in terms of types of food (but not exact menu items) and overall selection, the menu is very similar to Contempo's.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: