Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 10:03 PM   #1636
serene56
DIS Veteran

can we put 5 people in the garden wing room?
4 adults one child age 6.

--
if so is there an added costs per person?
Old 06-19-2012, 12:06 AM   #1637
dmband
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
can we put 5 people in the garden wing room?
4 adults one child age 6.

--
if so is there an added costs per person?
Yes, all rooms hold five unless it has a king bed
Extra adult fee I think is 25 each
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2012, 07:34 AM   #1638
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
I posted a review of our recent CR CL stay here.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2941085

I'd love it if anyone would like to come check it out.
Thanks so much for the excellent reviews. What a boat load of pixie dust you received at the GF. I saw your awesome pictures. How wonderful. We switched from GF RPC to the YC CL. My DH just couldn't get past the construction. Now we have a future visit to look forward too.

I was hoping that the YC CL lay out would have changed by now but I guess not. Oh well, we are happy to be staying there in 6 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTtinkerbell View Post
Have a great vacation!
Thank you. We are all so very excited to be staying at BLT again. 8 more days. Keeping our fingers crossed that they give us the outer rim facing Epcot as requested. If not no biggie. I know it's just a request and never guaranteed. But we can dream right.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #1639
roydavid7771
DIS Veteran

Didn't get a chance to go through the whole thread, but does anyone have pictures of a standard view studio at BLT? We've got a few points to burn before our stay at BWV at the end of July and we were thinking of staying here for a couple of days before my wife's family joins us. Thanks in advance!

2014: Coronado Springs (WDW Marathon Weekend)
2013: Port Orleans Riverside (WDW Marathon Weekend), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club Villas (Nephew's 1st Visit)
2012: Boardwalk Villas (Our 1st DVC Stay!)
2011: Beach Club, Swan (Honeymoon!)
2010: Pop Century, Wilderness Lodge
2009: Swan
1989: Marriott Orlando World Center
1980: Offsite
1978: Offsite
Old 06-23-2012, 12:06 PM   #1640
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roydavid7771 View Post
Didn't get a chance to go through the whole thread, but does anyone have pictures of a standard view studio at BLT? We've got a few points to burn before our stay at BWV at the end of July and we were thinking of staying here for a couple of days before my wife's family joins us. Thanks in advance!
Hi from central NJ We have only stayed in a 1bdrm villa lv but this thread may be able to help you out.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082
Old 06-23-2012, 06:04 PM   #1641
roydavid7771
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post
Hi from central NJ We have only stayed in a 1bdrm villa lv but this thread may be able to help you out.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082
Thanks so much, that was very helpful!

2014: Coronado Springs (WDW Marathon Weekend)
2013: Port Orleans Riverside (WDW Marathon Weekend), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club Villas (Nephew's 1st Visit)
2012: Boardwalk Villas (Our 1st DVC Stay!)
2011: Beach Club, Swan (Honeymoon!)
2010: Pop Century, Wilderness Lodge
2009: Swan
1989: Marriott Orlando World Center
1980: Offsite
1978: Offsite
Old 06-23-2012, 09:47 PM   #1642
dmband
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if contempo cafe is still oing breakfast and dinner?
The link here says updated 6/12 but only lists lunch

Looking for faster/easier kid friendly things like nuggets, pizza, pasta, fries
Tia
Old 06-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #1643
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

We are back from our trip to the World and it was amazing. We were in the Garden Wing, Garden View and while I was completely worried about missing the Atrium Club, I was not disappointed. We did online check in. When we got off ME a CM took us right in and took care of everything! Our room was ready at noon and we were so happy when we got there! The view was so peaceful and we got our request of a 1st floor room!

We did miss the Atrium Club but we loved the location of our room. We also were very lucky. Our 2nd night there something was going on with the elevators and people had been waiting 40 minutes (large strollers so no choice but to wait). We just folded up the strolled, grabbed the kids and did the escalators and were back in our room in no time! Also, we could go right out and be at the pool. Even without the Theme Park View we all seem to agree we liked the Garden Wing better

We also were able to get over to BLT and view the model units there. We just bought into DVC at OKW and wanted to check it out. We love it and hope one day to get in there for a stay.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #1644
almcg
Mouseketeer

That is so good to know WsPrincess! We are doing a night at The Garden wing, Garden View room and the fact that we are so near to the pool has really sold it for us. I remember seeing The Contemporary on TV when I was a child and saying "I'm going to stay there one day". Well, in a few weeks I'll be there! So excited
Old 06-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #1645
phewms
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txmomoftwo View Post
Hello, I have spent the last few days reading over all the great information you guys have provided on this thread (thanks!). I finally signed up as a user today to start asking more questions and get all the helpful information I can for our first family vacation!!!

We are planning our trip for Nov 2013 and are very interested in staying at the CR. Our children at the time of travel will be 4 and 3. Here are some question I have from the start:

1-What is the best way to book our trip (we are in the US) should we just go through Disney?

2-How can we save? Discounts? Open a Disney CC? American AA card?

3-Any tips for those who have traveled with young kids, please give me any advice you have.

4-Walk or take the monorail? I have heard walking really is not that bad.

5-Stroller for the kids or do parents find they just want to walk and end up dragging the stroller around? Where to rent a stroller?

6-Chef Mickey dinner? Are there set times for this? We are a early dinner type of family (example 5pm) how do we book a dinner to meet Mickey?

7-MK view room or Bay Lake view? If you have the Bay Lake view do you get to see the sun set? If you have a MK view what time does the firework show start?

8-Splash pads or zero entry pools at CR? Although our kids have been in swimming lessons neither know how to swim.

9-Flight cost, this seems to be so costly. We will be coming from Dallas Texas and all the prices we have checked seem so high (1300 for four RT)

Sorry for all the questions. I am just really excited about planning our first trip and I want it to be really special. I am not sure when we will be able to go again. Thanks so much!
Hey - I can't answer many of your questions, because Nov 2013 will be our 1st family WDW Trip, staying at CR as well. We will be flying from Houston. Not sure if SWA has a hub in Dallas, but we opened a SWA VISA last year and received enough miles (upon 1st purchase) that our flights will be free. That's one way to save a bit of $. We are a family of 3.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:44 PM   #1646
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmband View Post
Does anyone know if contempo cafe is still oing breakfast and dinner?
The link here says updated 6/12 but only lists lunch

Looking for faster/easier kid friendly things like nuggets, pizza, pasta, fries
Tia
Yes, the CC still has breakfast and here is one menu link:

http://allears.net/menu/menu_contempo.htm

And, here is a review of their Breakfast Burrito:

http://eatingwdw.com/2012/01/17/cont...kfast-burrito/

Quote:
Originally Posted by WsPrincess View Post
We are back from our trip to the World and it was amazing. We were in the Garden Wing, Garden View and while I was completely worried about missing the Atrium Club, I was not disappointed. We did online check in. When we got off ME a CM took us right in and took care of everything! Our room was ready at noon and we were so happy when we got there! The view was so peaceful and we got our request of a 1st floor room!

We did miss the Atrium Club but we loved the location of our room. We also were very lucky. Our 2nd night there something was going on with the elevators and people had been waiting 40 minutes (large strollers so no choice but to wait). We just folded up the strolled, grabbed the kids and did the escalators and were back in our room in no time! Also, we could go right out and be at the pool. Even without the Theme Park View we all seem to agree we liked the Garden Wing better

We also were able to get over to BLT and view the model units there. We just bought into DVC at OKW and wanted to check it out. We love it and hope one day to get in there for a stay.
Oh, those darn CR elevators, when will they ever get them all fixed?

Thank you for your post. It's great for others to read that staying in the Garden Wing, especially after staying CL, isn't bad like some think it might be.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #1647
Belle72
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondcharl View Post
This has probably been answered somewhere but my little one(6yrs old) is asking if she can go on the slide at the resort pool. Does anyone know if there are restrictions?
My ds5 was able to- (I waited at the end to scoop him up- but he can swim underwater).
Old 06-25-2012, 07:35 PM   #1648
Belle72
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txmomoftwo View Post
Hello, I have spent the last few days reading over all the great information you guys have provided on this thread (thanks!). I finally signed up as a user today to start asking more questions and get all the helpful information I can for our first family vacation!!!

We are planning our trip for Nov 2013 and are very interested in staying at the CR. Our children at the time of travel will be 4 and 3. Here are some question I have from the start:

1-What is the best way to book our trip (we are in the US) should we just go through Disney?

2-How can we save? Discounts? Open a Disney CC? American AA card?

3-Any tips for those who have traveled with young kids, please give me any advice you have.

4-Walk or take the monorail? I have heard walking really is not that bad.

5-Stroller for the kids or do parents find they just want to walk and end up dragging the stroller around? Where to rent a stroller?

6-Chef Mickey dinner? Are there set times for this? We are a early dinner type of family (example 5pm) how do we book a dinner to meet Mickey?

7-MK view room or Bay Lake view? If you have the Bay Lake view do you get to see the sun set? If you have a MK view what time does the firework show start?

8-Splash pads or zero entry pools at CR? Although our kids have been in swimming lessons neither know how to swim.

9-Flight cost, this seems to be so costly. We will be coming from Dallas Texas and all the prices we have checked seem so high (1300 for four RT)

Sorry for all the questions. I am just really excited about planning our first trip and I want it to be really special. I am not sure when we will be able to go again. Thanks so much!
The CR has a splash area. Not zero entry pool, though. They can bring flotation devices to the pool to use.

I like both views- Bay Lake overlooks the pool and Bay Lake, MK has the theme park and the other MK resorts. Firework times vary according to season. I think Bay Lake has a sunrise view.

YES to stroller for young children. We have always brought our own but they can be rented at the parks.

Book Chef Mickey through Disney Dining.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:09 PM   #1649
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WsPrincess View Post
We are back from our trip to the World and it was amazing. We were in the Garden Wing, Garden View and while I was completely worried about missing the Atrium Club, I was not disappointed.

do you have pictures of your room?
Old 06-25-2012, 09:50 PM   #1650
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
do you have pictures of your room?
Yes I do! It looked identical to our Atrium Club Magic Kingdom View room (except for the patio )

Here you go:

The two beds (the was a day bed at the end of the bed by the patio)

Patio/View (Garden View)

DS on the bed trying to talk on the phone:

Daybed (I took this last year but it was exactly the same):

Bathroom/Sinks

MK View from 12th Floor (2 rooms off the lounge so pretty center)

Last edited by WsPrincess; 06-25-2012 at 10:01 PM. Reason: more pictures
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: