Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #1621
flipflopmom
DIS Veteran

Leaving in 6 days for our 3rd trip home to BLT!

So, I just found out about Mr. Romney and President Obama's appearances next Th. and Fri. for the Latino Leaders Convention.

http://www.naleo.org/Orlando2012/schedule.html

Anyone stayed here during a big appearance like this? I've read that monorails may not come through CR, some restaurants may close, etc. during this time.

I'm considering calling CR to ask.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #1622
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTtinkerbell View Post
This time we are trying a 2 bedroom standard view. We have stayed here before in a 2 bedroom TP/MK View and LOVED it! Booked standard view this trip so we could try BCV as well.
That sounds like a great split stay! Does DVC ever upgrade? Maybe you'll get a view upgrade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanylaser View Post
WDWKOOK! Does the Contemporary has coffee Makers in every room?
Yes, every room has one of these:

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
ok i had to go check my reservation to see what it was.

Standard garden wing. Never even asked if I wanted a garden view- what is the difference between a garden view and a standard.

Is the garden wing far from the resort? or is it part of the resort?
A Garden Wing Standard View will be of the parking lot with the monorail beyond it, the canal to the left and the Tower to the right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaaaacki View Post
Getting closer to online check in. Yay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post

So if you have a room in the tower at Contemporary Resort, the room category is either "tower - theme park view" or "tower - Bay Lake view" ... it's easy to confuse a "tower - Bay Lake view" room with a room in Bay Lake Tower.
Even more confusing, the Bay Lake view is actually called a Standard View if you're booking the Atrium Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflopmom View Post

So, I just found out about Mr. Romney and President Obama's appearances next Th. and Fri. for the Latino Leaders Convention.

Anyone stayed here during a big appearance like this? I've read that monorails may not come through CR, some restaurants may close, etc. during this time.

Thank you for posting that information. I don't know what the impact will be.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #1623
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I would contact the CR and ask. Good luck. I hope it doesn't interfere with your plans in any way. Have a great vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
That sounds like a great split stay! Does DVC ever upgrade? Maybe you'll get a view upgrade!
I haven't been upgraded when staying on points and don't think it happens unless something is wrong w/the villa that was booked, but I guess pixie dust could happen! That would be nice!
Last summer we stayed at BC on cash and fell in love with the resort. We are looking forward to staying at BCV later this month and then at our "home" at BLT.

Old 06-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #1624
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
A Garden Wing Standard View will be of the parking lot with the monorail beyond it, the canal to the left and the Tower to the right.

the view does not matter for us- we are checking in about 6:30pm and heading to downtown disney for Earl of Sandwich and once upon a toy. Hoping to turn in early as we have 7:15am ressies for Chef Mickeys.
Walking to Magic Kingdom is why we booked the Garden Wing.
and tour the park as we will follow grand daughers lead- if she gets whiny about noon we will leave. Its not like we have to wait on buses.

Im so excited.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:54 PM   #1625
fellowtraveler
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I would call for sure. I work at a university where we have had several high ranking political leaders speak, and usually when they are arriving, leaving, and moving from one location to the other, all traffic (foot and vehicle) stop. It is a pain, but usually it is over quick. We miss this by one day and I am thankful for it.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #1626
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

to the DIS and the CR thread, fellowtraveler!
Old 06-10-2012, 08:45 AM   #1627
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

I am beginning to get a little worried about our CR stay and I know it is crazy. Last year we had the best room ever, MK view, Atrium Club. This year the cost for CL was just too much more and I decided if I couldn't do CL I would save more money and do a Garden View Garden Wing room. Well, what do you know, DD has talked about NOTHING except seeing the fireworks from the room. Am I going to be kicking myself the entire time we are there? I should have done a tower room but CR is now booked solid for our days . I know it is Disney and it will be wonderful! I am just getting pre trip jitters I think
Old 06-10-2012, 02:41 PM   #1628
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WsPrincess View Post
I am beginning to get a little worried about our CR stay and I know it is crazy. Last year we had the best room ever, MK view, Atrium Club. This year the cost for CL was just too much more and I decided if I couldn't do CL I would save more money and do a Garden View Garden Wing room. Well, what do you know, DD has talked about NOTHING except seeing the fireworks from the room. Am I going to be kicking myself the entire time we are there? I should have done a tower room but CR is now booked solid for our days . I know it is Disney and it will be wonderful! I am just getting pre trip jitters I think
Don't worry, your trip is going to be wonderful! I have stayed Garden Wing Standard & Garden View, Tower MKV, Tower BLV and CL. The rooms are the same inside. You can watch the fireworks from other places. Have you looked into California Grill? You could also watch from the 4th floor of the tower. You will have a great time!

Old 06-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #1629
pennyplanner
DIS Veteran

We are staying in the Tower MKV in late July. We love to take an afternoon dip to relax and cool down.

I am assuming that there is a quiet pool. Does anyone know if it is shaded at any point in the afternoon?

Can't wait to experience the CR!!!

--pennyplanner
Old 06-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #1630
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyplanner View Post
We are staying in the Tower MKV in late July. We love to take an afternoon dip to relax and cool down.

I am assuming that there is a quiet pool. Does anyone know if it is shaded at any point in the afternoon?

Can't wait to experience the CR!!!

--pennyplanner
There are two pools at CR, one busy and one not as busy, though not always quiet. They are not shaded, but there are some trees near the busy pool. You can also rent a cabana for shade. Enjoy your vacation!

Old 06-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #1631
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

I posted a review of our recent CR CL stay here.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2941085

I'd love it if anyone would like to come check it out.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 06-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #1632
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post

I read it and I am so sorry about your bad experience with the CM. That is so horrible but I am glad the manager agreed and it did not ruin your stay. We loved the Atrium Club and also how close it was to MK!!!

Wish we were checking in there tomorrow but Garden Wing will be GREAT! Thanks for sharing
Old 06-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #1633
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post

Thank you for posting the link so I could find it! I really enjoyed reading about your CL upgrading adventure!

I wasn't very impressed with the Atrium Club back in 2010, but I hoped that by now they had some made some positive changes. It sound like they haven't improved in the areas I found lacking. That's too bad since I love the CR and that view from the lounge is amazing.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #1634
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

14 days until we check in to BLT.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:02 PM   #1635
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post
14 days until we check in to BLT.
Have a great vacation!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: