Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 04:24 AM   #1606
Mouselvr1
Earning My Ears

Coffee Maker in Bay Lake Tower

Leaving in 6 days for my 10 day trip to the world and my first stay @ BLT! Woo hoo ! I have read some postings stating that coffee makers may be changing in DVC resorts. Does anyone know what type of coffeemakers are in BLT? Thanks!
Old 06-06-2012, 07:58 AM   #1607
dmband
DIS Veteran

How much does the activity calendar change?
Itw, can I predict at all what Sunday July first will be based on Sunday's for June?
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #1608
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanylaser View Post
I can't wait to Stay in Contemporary in Dec 2012! I'm so excited to stay in this resort!
Yippee! Now all you need is a nice CR ticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTtinkerbell View Post
Looking forward to my upcoming stay at BLT!!!!
What villa are you in? Have you stayed there before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzlite View Post
just booked first stay at bay lake villas! Got free dining!! now2 to decide where to eat!
Congratulations! The Wave's breakfast buffet is great and CA Grill has the best views (and sushi), IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouselvr1 View Post
Leaving in 6 days for my 10 day trip to the world and my first stay @ BLT! Woo hoo ! I have read some postings stating that coffee makers may be changing in DVC resorts. Does anyone know what type of coffeemakers are in BLT? Thanks!
I only know that the non-DVC resorts have switched over to the Cusinart pods. Hopefully someone else will answer your question. I know that psac was at BLT recently

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmband View Post
How much does the activity calendar change?
Itw, can I predict at all what Sunday July first will be based on Sunday's for June?
It seems to change more seasonally than monthly (other than the movies), so June and July should be pretty much the same.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:31 AM   #1609
QueenJane
Earning My Ears

Checking in on Monday! Can't get here soon enough!!!

I am to check out on Saturday....wonder how hard it would be to find 1 extra night somewhere?

WDW (off-site): 1976, 1983, and 1987
WDW: 2001 POFQ, 2007 PORS, 2009 SS, 2010 BLT and POP, 2011 SS, 2012 BLT

DVC Since 2009
Old 06-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #1610
salann
Mouseketeer

just returning from a wonderful trip. the CR was awesome, we had booked a Garden View room...checked in and was given a tower room!! It overlooks the lake and the pool...simply amazing.

My kids loved the monorail and my husband loved the ease and convenience of being able to hop on the monorail or walk to MK...I'm not sure I'll ever stay elsewhere!! Except I will bring my own pod coffee because the stuff they had in room was not very good at all!

I also loved the fact they provided free lifevests for kids at the pool...my 5 year old isn't the strongest swimmer so he was great to strp on the jacket and go on the slide.

One note, the slide had broken the day before we left and was closed for repairs. (this was June 4th)
Old 06-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #1611
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouselvr1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I only know that the non-DVC resorts have switched over to the Cusinart pods. Hopefully someone else will answer your question. I know that psac was at BLT recently
I saw the psac-signal in the sky. So far the non-DVC Deluxe resorts have switched over, like WDWKOOK said, but the DVC resorts have all stuck to "old fashioned" 12-cup basket filter coffee makers. I think that's primarily because many DVC members like to cook their own meals, bring their own coffee, etc., which is sometimes harder with the pods. I haven't seen any schedule for changing that. If you really did want to use the pods (and it's pods, not K-cups), you might be able to ask for one from housekeeping since they have them for the Contemporary side, but I don't know if you would be successful with the request. Enjoy!!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 06-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #1612
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by salann View Post
, we had booked a Garden View room...checked in and was given a tower room!! It overlooks the lake and the pool...simply amazing. (this was June 4th)

Please forgive me-- never stayed at this resort and booked for labor day weekend.

can you tell me the difference between Gardnen view and a tower room? (is that Bay Lake Tower room? wow I wish I could be so lucky

is the Garden view in the Wing section?
Old 06-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #1613
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
Please forgive me-- never stayed at this resort and booked for labor day weekend.

can you tell me the difference between Gardnen view and a tower room? (is that Bay Lake Tower room? wow I wish I could be so lucky

Yes, a Garden View room is in the Garden Wing, a separate building next to the Tower, but connected by a covered walkway. The Garden Wing also has Standard View rooms. The Tower has only Theme Park/MK view rooms and Bay Lake view rooms. The interior of the rooms is identical.

No need to apologize for asking questions here!
Old 06-07-2012, 06:32 PM   #1614
jeanylaser
Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista biggest fan

I love Garden wing I hope we get it!

Old 06-07-2012, 06:32 PM   #1615
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What villa are you in? Have you stayed there before?

This time we are trying a 2 bedroom standard view. We have stayed here before in a 2 bedroom TP/MK View and LOVED it! Booked standard view this trip so we could try BCV as well.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:41 PM   #1616
jeanylaser
Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista biggest fan

WDWKOOK! Does the Contemporary has coffee Makers in every room?

Old 06-07-2012, 08:36 PM   #1617
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, a Garden View room is in the Garden Wing, a separate building next to the Tower, but connected by a covered walkway. The Garden Wing also has Standard View rooms. The Tower has only Theme Park/MK view rooms and Bay Lake view rooms. The interior of the rooms is identical.

No need to apologize for asking questions here!

ok i had to go check my reservation to see what it was.

Standard garden wing. Never even asked if I wanted a garden view- what is the difference between a garden view and a standard.

Is the garden wing far from the resort? or is it part of the resort?
Old 06-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #1618
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
ok i had to go check my reservation to see what it was.

Standard garden wing. Never even asked if I wanted a garden view- what is the difference between a garden view and a standard.

Is the garden wing far from the resort? or is it part of the resort?
The garden wing is part of the resort. If you look at pictures of CR you will see the main building, called the tower. Behind the tower is the garden wing. There is a covered walkway between the two buildings. The rooms are exactly the same inside. I have stayed in both the garden wing and tower and love the resort. You will enjoy it.

By the way, Bay Lake Tower is the DVC building next to CR.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #1619
Jaaaacki
Mouseketeer

Getting closer to online check in. Yay!!

Mylittleappletree on Facebook
Old 06-09-2012, 02:09 AM   #1620
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:

With so many things sounding the same, it can get confusing.

There are two different resorts, but they are sister resorts that share a lot of infrastructure. Bay Lake Tower is a relatively new building, completed roughly 3 years ago. If you look at the photo in BLTtinkerbell's signature, Bay Lake Tower is the building on the left. BLT, as it's sometimes known, is a Disney Vacation Club (DVC) resort. DVC is Disney's version of a time share. Although DVC owners have first crack at booking rooms there, anyone in the general public can book a room at BLT, subject to availability.

The building on the right of that photo is the tower portion of Contemporary Resort, the iconic building that was one of the original buildings in all of Walt Disney World when it opened in 1971. Contemporary Resort is comprised of 2 buildings, known as the tower and the garden wing. Now here's where it can get confusing. The tower rooms are divided into two room types, theme park view rooms and Bay Lake view rooms.

So if you have a room in the tower at Contemporary Resort, the room category is either "tower - theme park view" or "tower - Bay Lake view" ... it's easy to confuse a "tower - Bay Lake view" room with a room in Bay Lake Tower.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: