Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 01:41 AM   #1576
Princess Me
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
We are staying at CR in Oct. Does the daybed fold out flat?
From the pics on this website (and others) it looks like it folds down into a small twin-like sized bed. We are staying at the CR in October also, so I've been looking at tons of pics!

http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/Contem...Room/index.htm

October 2012 - Contemporary Resort
March 2011 - Beach Club Villas
July 2007 - Polynesian Resort / Off Property
April 2003 & March 1993 - Off Property
Old 06-03-2012, 04:49 AM   #1577
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Keyless/RFID lock technology coming to the CR this month:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-d...,6735269.story
Interesting article! Thanks for posting. I'm sure some people will be paranoid and not like this at first. I think me included. but it's good they tested it on the cruises first. I'm also glad they chose the CR as the first to retrofit. They should have the Contemporary get any technological advance first.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2012, 07:58 AM   #1578
Momoftwins+1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Interesting article! Thanks for posting. I'm sure some people will be paranoid and not like this at first. I think me included. but it's good they tested it on the cruises first. I'm also glad they chose the CR as the first to retrofit. They should have the Contemporary get any technological advance first.
This type of door is so handy. GWLodge has them in the bracelet form and it was so handy! I get so tired of those slide the key cards in, pray and hope they work and you get the green light...I hope they have this when we get there at the end of the month!!
Old 06-03-2012, 08:04 AM   #1579
zima-cheryl
DIS Veteran

Is it normal to get to June & not be able to book into February of next year?
When does the Contemporary usually open its rooms for the upcoming year?

I have to confess the waiting is driving me a little crazy. Only 9 months out I fee like we should at a minimum have the room booked.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:41 AM   #1580
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
We are staying at CR in Oct. Does the daybed fold out flat?
Yes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Me View Post
From the pics on this website (and others) it looks like it folds down into a small twin-like sized bed. We are staying at the CR in October also, so I've been looking at tons of pics!

http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/Contem...Room/index.htm
That link isn't working so here's the one I think you were trying to post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
You're welcome. Yeah, it's a bit creepy and big brother-ish knowing that "they" can re-key your room remotely. For example, if your room key isn't working because they keyed it to the wrong room number (which has happened to us at the CR) they can re-key it remotely (after you call the "call center" who relays your message to the front desk?)

It will be interesting to read about the RFID successes and failures that start emerging after the conversion. Eventually, WDW will be implementing RFID tech. in the parks. Most recently, they ran a trial with some DME guests who were chosen to use RFID cards as Fast Passes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zima-cheryl View Post

I have to confess the waiting is driving me a little crazy. Only 9 months out I fee like we should at a minimum have the room booked.
You should be able to call and book, but the 2013 rates won't be set until around August, I believe. You can book at the Christmas Week rate and it will revert to the 2013 rate around August. The online system can only book up to December 31, 2012. Just give 407-W-DISNEY or your TA a call.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 06-04-2012 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Replaced "current" rate with "Christmas Week" rate.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #1581
Carrie772
Resolve to Recycle!

I will be checking in today! I can't wait!

'76 CR; '83 offsite; '94 CBR; '02 Residence Inn; '04 CSR; '05 Poly; '05 ASSp/WL; '06 Poly; '07 POR; '07 WL; '08 CSR; '09 Poly; '10 WL; '11 Poly; '11 POR/Poly; '12 CR/Poly; '13 Poly; '14 Quickie at BC; '14 AOA! Did I really plan 2 in '14?!
Old 06-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #1582
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie772 View Post

How exciting, Carrie! I hope you'll be able to post live and let us know how your stay at both the CR and Poly is going.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:22 PM   #1583
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The June resort activities flyer has been posted here:

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripp...ntCalendar.pdf
very nice information- thanks for posting
Old 06-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #1584
dmband
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Keyless/RFID lock technology coming to the CR this month:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-d...,6735269.story
I like at the end where it says something to the effect that Disney will have more rooms for the middle class in value and mod blah blah
To bad the prices are not a value. The last three trips we booked it was cheaper to stay mod or deluxe vs value (this yr by over $500)
Old 06-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #1585
Momoftwins+1
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Have a fabulous time!!!!
Old 06-03-2012, 05:09 PM   #1586
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Have a great time!

Old 06-03-2012, 05:45 PM   #1587
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by zima-cheryl View Post

You can book a room-only reservation right now by phone (you can do it up to 499 days in advance), but you can't book a room-only online yet, and you can't book a package reservation yet at all.

Package reservations for the entire next calendar year aren't available until around August or a little earlier.

But you can book a room-only reservation for next February by phone right now. Unlike what was written above, you won't be quoted this year's price, you'll be quoted this year's highest price, meaning the price paid for that room during Christmas week. When the 2013 prices are released, your room rate will be automatically adjusted DOWN to the exact amount (because unless you are traveling during Christmas week 2013, your 2013 price will be lower than the 2012 Christmas price you were previously quoted).
Old 06-03-2012, 11:02 PM   #1588
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes!

That link isn't working so here's the one I think you were trying to post:

Thank you
Old 06-04-2012, 05:21 AM   #1589
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
You can book a room-only reservation right now by phone (you can do it up to 499 days in advance), but you can't book a room-only online yet, and you can't book a package reservation yet at all.

Package reservations for the entire next calendar year aren't available until around August or a little earlier.

But you can book a room-only reservation for next February by phone right now. Unlike what was written above, you won't be quoted this year's price, you'll be quoted this year's highest price, meaning the price paid for that room during Christmas week. When the 2013 prices are released, your room rate will be automatically adjusted DOWN to the exact amount (because unless you are traveling during Christmas week 2013, your 2013 price will be lower than the 2012 Christmas price you were previously quoted).
My apologies for omitting the part about being quoted the highest rate. Thanks for correcting my mistake.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:47 AM   #1590
diamondcharl
Mouseketeer

contemporary pool/waterslide

This has probably been answered somewhere but my little one(6yrs old) is asking if she can go on the slide at the resort pool. Does anyone know if there are restrictions?

Taylor 14
Chris 13
Jordan 12
Brooke 5
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: