Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 05:48 AM   #1546
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Awesome photos WDWKOOK. Where were you when you took the picture of CR head on with the monorail to the left? 5th photo.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:48 AM   #1547
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

Any disadvantages (other than low flow, questionable view) to requesting a 2BR Lake View room near the 5th floor walkway??? How would that relate to easy pool access? I like the idea of easy CR access, that's why I'm thinking about it.

11 More Days!!

DCL Western 7-Day Cruise: January 2005 ~ Pop Century: September 2006 ~ Coronoado Springs Resort: September 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs: March 2009 ~ Old Key West: August 2009 ~ Boardwalk Villas: September 2009 -Adults Only! ~ Saratoga Springs: April, 2010 ~ Saratoga Springs: September 2010 - Mickey's Halloween 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: November/December 2010 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: February 2011 - Princess Royal Family 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Jambo House: May 2011 - Expedition Everest Challenge ~ Wilderness Lodge: June 2011 ~ All Star Movies: October 2011 - Kids Dancing with Disney Youth Performing Arts! ~ Saratoga Springs: January 2012 - Mommy/Daughter Birthday Trip - DD Turns 10! ~ June 2012 - Bay Lake Tower ~ September 2012 - Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - Port Orleans Riverside ~ March 2013 - Solo Trip - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2013 - Expedition Everest Challenge with DS13 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
~ September 19-20 Solo Trip - Wilderness Lodge
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2012, 07:43 AM   #1548
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaCrush View Post
Any disadvantages (other than low flow, questionable view) to requesting a 2BR Lake View room near the 5th floor walkway??? How would that relate to easy pool access? I like the idea of easy CR access, that's why I'm thinking about it.

11 More Days!!
I think those are the busier elevators. We always used the other set. As for pool access, unless you're Spiderman and scaling down the outside, it is an elevator to 1st floor and exit back center. If you stay on that floor, it saves you an elevator ride to the skybridge.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 05-30-2012, 07:48 AM   #1549
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
I think those are the busier elevators. We always used the other set. As for pool access, unless you're Spiderman and scaling down the outside, it is an elevator to 1st floor and exit back center. If you stay on that floor, it saves you an elevator ride to the skybridge.
Thanks. Sometimes my DS THINKS he's spiderman, but I'm more in touch with reality! Generally speaking, can you estimate the time it takes to walk from the other set of elevators to the skywal elevators? I know I could be beating a dead horse here, but we've stayed at Kidani with a 1/4 mi walk from our room to the elevator! What I'm basically looking for is a 2-bedroom lake view with easy access to the skywalk and not a killer "commute" to the pool elevators.

I know, clear as mud, right!

DCL Western 7-Day Cruise: January 2005 ~ Pop Century: September 2006 ~ Coronoado Springs Resort: September 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs: March 2009 ~ Old Key West: August 2009 ~ Boardwalk Villas: September 2009 -Adults Only! ~ Saratoga Springs: April, 2010 ~ Saratoga Springs: September 2010 - Mickey's Halloween 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: November/December 2010 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: February 2011 - Princess Royal Family 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Jambo House: May 2011 - Expedition Everest Challenge ~ Wilderness Lodge: June 2011 ~ All Star Movies: October 2011 - Kids Dancing with Disney Youth Performing Arts! ~ Saratoga Springs: January 2012 - Mommy/Daughter Birthday Trip - DD Turns 10! ~ June 2012 - Bay Lake Tower ~ September 2012 - Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - Port Orleans Riverside ~ March 2013 - Solo Trip - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2013 - Expedition Everest Challenge with DS13 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
Old 05-30-2012, 08:04 AM   #1550
CoachBagFanatic

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Thanks. Sometimes my DS THINKS he's spiderman, but I'm more in touch with reality! Generally speaking, can you estimate the time it takes to walk from the other set of elevators to the skywal elevators? I know I could be beating a dead horse here, but we've stayed at Kidani with a 1/4 mi walk from our room to the elevator! What I'm basically looking for is a 2-bedroom lake view with easy access to the skywalk and not a killer "commute" to the pool elevators.

When we stayed at BLT in 2010 we were in a 1bdrm villa lv room #8011. It took us maybe 2-3 minutes (not even as we always took pictures in the hall way) to walk to the elevator (2nd set past our room) where the sky bridge is located. Going to the pool we always took the first set of elevators that we came too, down to the first floor and just a short trip down the hall way out the back of the lobby. It normally took us longer waiting for the elevator than anything else. But I have to say they were pretty quick elevators.

We can't wait to go back in 27 days.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:11 AM   #1551
dmband
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Awww, this is just so sweet. I wish I could see the look on their face when they realize where they're going. So you're not going to tell them until the day they're leaving? I could NEVER keep a secret like that. We'd love it if you could post a photo of the big surprise!
The week before we will tell them
We don't want to wait to soon in case their are things they want to pack, tell friends and are flight leaves at 6 am so I want them to be fully aware they are getting up early

It's bee hard keeping it to ourselves, we booked over a yr ago and many times they have asked to go
I thought for a bit my oddest son was onto the secret but I covered it up good whenever he had a thought
Old 05-30-2012, 08:13 AM   #1552
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post
When we stayed at BLT in 2010 we were in a 1bdrm villa lv room #8011. It took us maybe 2-3 minutes (not even as we always took pictures in the hall way) to walk to the elevator (2nd set past our room) where the sky bridge is located. Going to the pool we always took the first set of elevators that we came too, down to the first floor and just a short trip down the hall way out the back of the lobby. It normally took us longer waiting for the elevator than anything else. But I have to say they were pretty quick elevators.

We can't wait to go back in 27 days.
Thank you so much! That gives me GREAT perspective. I'm basically getting the sense that the walk between the two sets of elevators isn't very long... Right?

Old 05-30-2012, 08:14 AM   #1553
dmband
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Awesome photos WDWKOOK. Where were you when you took the picture of CR head on with the monorail to the left? 5th photo.
That picture would have been with the garden building to the right and mk in the back left
Old 05-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #1554
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:

Quote:
Thank you so much! That gives me GREAT perspective. I'm basically getting the sense that the walk between the two sets of elevators isn't very long... Right?
Yes, BLT is no where near the AKV trek. For some reason, the number 10 is in my head. We stayed in one of the center rooms in BLT. Was it 10 doors to the elevator? I don't know. But, even if you were on the very far north end, as you walk to the first set, the back wall of the elevator is a window view of MK. We had a lake view, and when we walked to the hotel, would just pause in amazement of that view. And, unless you're just going to hang at CR, go to Epcot, or other monorail resort, there isn't a reason to get the skybridge. You walk to MK from BLT out the front door and the bus stop to all the others is in the front between CR and BLT.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 05-30-2012, 09:07 AM   #1555
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks. Sometimes my DS THINKS he's spiderman
Totally off subject, but I know what you mean. My 6 year old was climbing over the furniture yesterday, looked me straight in the eye and said "Mom, you should have named me spiderman when I was born." I said 'I can call you spidey if you want, but the name Jackson is gonna have to stay'

Old 05-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #1556
serene56
DIS Veteran

If I got refillable mugs== staying in the Garden wing-- where can we fill these
Old 05-30-2012, 09:12 AM   #1557
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, BLT is no where near the AKV trek. For some reason, the number 10 is in my head. We stayed in one of the center rooms in BLT. Was it 10 doors to the elevator? I don't know. But, even if you were on the very far north end, as you walk to the first set, the back wall of the elevator is a window view of MK. We had a lake view, and when we walked to the hotel, would just pause in amazement of that view. And, unless you're just going to hang at CR, go to Epcot, or other monorail resort, there isn't a reason to get the skybridge. You walk to MK from BLT out the front door and the bus stop to all the others is in the front between CR and BLT.
THANK YOU! If it were just me, I wouldn't worry much. But DH is another matter!

Old 05-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #1558
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavArmy View Post
Totally off subject, but I know what you mean. My 6 year old was climbing over the furniture yesterday, looked me straight in the eye and said "Mom, you should have named me spiderman when I was born." I said 'I can call you spidey if you want, but the name Jackson is gonna have to stay'

Old 05-30-2012, 09:49 AM   #1559
CoachBagFanatic

Quote:
You are correct. The walk is not long at all. Nothing like AKV like AirGoofy said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmband View Post
That picture would have been with the garden building to the right and mk in the back left
Thank you. I was racking my brain trying to figure out where it was taken.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:24 AM   #1560
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Thanks, CBF! I took it from the MK boat in the canal that connects Bay Lake to Seven Seas Lagoon.

Quote:

Quote:

Wow, I can see why you're concerned. I had read that the walk from Kidani to Jambo was about a half mile, but I had no idea the walk to the elevator could also be so far. I think you're going to feel much more relaxed and refreshed at BLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmband View Post
The week before we will tell them
We don't want to wait to soon in case their are things they want to pack, tell friends and are flight leaves at 6 am so I want them to be fully aware they are getting up early

It's bee hard keeping it to ourselves, we booked over a yr ago and many times they have asked to go
I thought for a bit my oddest son was onto the secret but I covered it up good whenever he had a thought
OK, that sounds like a great idea. You hear about parents who awaken their kids with, "We're going to Disney World!" and the poor kids are half asleep and totally unprepared and haven't even gotten the chance to tell their friends or anticipate the trip. Your kids will get the chance to bounce off the walls for one week

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavArmy View Post
Sounds like you need a vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
If I got refillable mugs== staying in the Garden wing-- where can we fill these
There are two options: The official and most popular method is to go to the Contempo Cafe which is on the 4th floor in the Tower (about a 3-5 minute walk). Or some guests go to the quick serve by the pool and ask (politely) for a mug refill and the CM will usually oblige. They will put your beverage in a cup though because due to health codes, they can't take your refillable mug.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: