Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 10:49 PM   #1531
familygoboston
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post
Mickey Mail is your hard copy documentation for your trip which Disney normally sends out anywhere from 15-30 days before your trip. It includes really cool luggage tags (3D), vouchers, it tells you what's included like Dining Plan, Park Tickets, Resort. Things of this nature. I like Mickey Mail because it makes your trip a reality now. I hope that makes sense.
Sure I get this! We call it the doc dance on Cruise critic; they day you get our docs and luggage tags!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaaaacki View Post
Do you still get Mickey mail with a room only? We are doing the yes program so no magic your way for us.

30 days left!
I'm wondering this too, we are room only, will be arriving in a rental car, so no tags for ME, and no tix or dining plan. I am looking forward to getting my ABD package any day now! Now those are cool, lots of neat stupid in that box
Old 05-25-2012, 06:21 AM   #1532
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

When you book a package through CRO/WDTC/Disney Destinations, about 30 days prior to arrival they will send an envelope with your confirmation and hard, plastic luggage tags. Sometimes packages also include a discount voucher.

If you have a room-only reservation, you will not receive luggage tags except for DME, if applicable.

Sometimes with a RO booking you will also receive a Disney Destinations booking confirmation. This is usually in lieu of an email confirmation or can be in addition to one if the CM has checked the box requesting that a hard copy confirmation be sent to the guest. Sometimes the CM accidentally checks the hard copy request box instead of the email confirmation box. But you can always call them and re-request that an email confirmation be sent. You can also always view your booking online in the "My Disney Vacation" tab on the WDW site.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 05-25-2012 at 06:26 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2012, 07:12 AM   #1533
jedi jen
Mouseketeer

I booked a package with AAA for my next trip. It is my first time not to book through WDW. Does anyone know if I will get Mickey Mail? I sure love those luggage tags.
Planning 2014 Christmas trip at CR/Universal's RPR; First split stay July 2012-PBH-Universal/CR/Dolphin; Pop in November 2011-just me and DBF ; Poly in August 2008; July 2007 CR; July 2006 CR; Several trips offsite pre-2006

Old 05-25-2012, 08:04 AM   #1534
familygoboston
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
When you book a package through CRO/WDTC/Disney Destinations, about 30 days prior to arrival they will send an envelope with your confirmation and hard, plastic luggage tags. Sometimes packages also include a discount voucher.

If you have a room-only reservation, you will not receive luggage tags except for DME, if applicable.

Sometimes with a RO booking you will also receive a Disney Destinations booking confirmation. This is usually in lieu of an email confirmation or can be in addition to one if the CM has checked the box requesting that a hard copy confirmation be sent to the guest. Sometimes the CM accidentally checks the hard copy request box instead of the email confirmation box. But you can always call them and re-request that an email confirmation be sent. You can also always view your booking online in the "My Disney Vacation" tab on the WDW site.
Thanks for that info! I'm thinking that everything will likely be routed through my TA. I guess no matter what gets sent I get to spend 3 days of my vacation in WDW
Old 05-25-2012, 09:11 AM   #1535
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WsPrincess View Post
We are the opposite. We check into CR in 20 days and we have our ME stuff but nothing from the resort stuff (and no fun luggage tags yet). We are also doing a split stay with BC and have not received anything from that trip either. I called Disney and she said they were printed on May 5th but that if we do not have them next week she will have them redone and left at the resort for us I just want my Mickey Mail!
When I called and asked I was told my stuff was printed on the 5th as well. I think there must have been a bit of a glich in their system, because I was on the June thread yesterday and a TON of people got their mickey mail yesterday (myself included, wahoo!!). Anyway, it was people who were leaving in a month to people leaving in a week, so I wonder if they had some sort of backlog or something. Either way, it should be comming soon!! I will send some pixie dust your way!

Old 05-25-2012, 11:27 AM   #1536
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Ok this is what I am feeling inside right now.

Our Mickey Mail arrived for our BLT stay. OMG I can't contain myself. Only 33 more days. Now I have my Mickey Mail for both of our resort stays.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:34 PM   #1537
brutus
WL Vet

We are thinking about going to DW and staying in the CR over Christmas... We have always enjoyed the WL, but wanted to change it up a bit. How is the CR durning the holidays?

Old 05-28-2012, 07:48 PM   #1538
zima-cheryl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by familygoboston View Post
Thanks for that info! I'm thinking that everything will likely be routed through my TA. I guess no matter what gets sent I get to spend 3 days of my vacation in WDW
If your TA is adding anything you are right, they may have it routed through them so they can (a) verify everything for you & (b) add in any extras they have given you.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:35 PM   #1539
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

Great thread, everyone! So much info! But even though I've read 30+ pages, I have a question. Hopefully it hasn't been answered in the other 70 pages!

We'll arrive at BLT on June 10 - 12 days! - and want to call and make a room request. While BLT is one of our home resorts, this will be our first stay, so I'd like your input. Probably our first priority is convenience. We'd like to be near the elevator closest to the walkway and also have easy access to the pool. Is this even possible? We have a Lake View 2-bedroom reserved. I realize that higher floors give the "best" views, but that probably isn't our first priority since we're lake view instead of TPV.

Thanks for your thoughts!

DCL Western 7-Day Cruise: January 2005 ~ Pop Century: September 2006 ~ Coronoado Springs Resort: September 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs: March 2009 ~ Old Key West: August 2009 ~ Boardwalk Villas: September 2009 -Adults Only! ~ Saratoga Springs: April, 2010 ~ Saratoga Springs: September 2010 - Mickey's Halloween 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: November/December 2010 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: February 2011 - Princess Royal Family 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Jambo House: May 2011 - Expedition Everest Challenge ~ Wilderness Lodge: June 2011 ~ All Star Movies: October 2011 - Kids Dancing with Disney Youth Performing Arts! ~ Saratoga Springs: January 2012 - Mommy/Daughter Birthday Trip - DD Turns 10! ~ June 2012 - Bay Lake Tower ~ September 2012 - Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - Port Orleans Riverside ~ March 2013 - Solo Trip - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2013 - Expedition Everest Challenge with DS13 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
~ September 19-20 Solo Trip - Wilderness Lodge
Old 05-29-2012, 03:30 PM   #1540
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutus View Post
We are thinking about going to DW and staying in the CR over Christmas... We have always enjoyed the WL, but wanted to change it up a bit. How is the CR durning the holidays?
Welcome to the thread! While WL is our overall favorite resort, CR is a close second so I can understand your dilemma. In 2010, I couldn't decide between the two for Christmas, so we stayed at both and we're staying at both again in August. Have you thought about doing the same split? We did CR first and then WL last, with more nights at WL. All the resorts are magical at Christmas, and the CR is no exception and it's just a walkway away from the MK which is amazing at Christmas - really gets you in the spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaCrush View Post
Great thread, everyone! So much info! But even though I've read 30+ pages, I have a question. Hopefully it hasn't been answered in the other 70 pages!

We'll arrive at BLT on June 10 - 12 days! - and want to call and make a room request. While BLT is one of our home resorts, this will be our first stay, so I'd like your input. Probably our first priority is convenience. We'd like to be near the elevator closest to the walkway and also have easy access to the pool. Is this even possible? We have a Lake View 2-bedroom reserved. I realize that higher floors give the "best" views, but that probably isn't our first priority since we're lake view instead of TPV.

Thanks for your thoughts!
Welcome! I bet you're excited about your first BLT stay. There is a great BLT/DVC thread that has all the BLT room numbers and their views on the first page. I think that would be a great place to start! There are also many room view photos there:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

Have a great vacation!
Old 05-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #1541
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Welcome! I bet you're excited about your first BLT stay. There is a great BLT/DVC thread that has all the BLT room numbers and their views on the first page. I think that would be a great place to start! There are also many room view photos there:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

Have a great vacation!
Thanks for such a quick response! Actually, I'm not so much concerned about the "view", but rather room proximity to elevators, pools, etc. I don't want to have to take a hike just to get to the walkway or pool!

DCL Western 7-Day Cruise: January 2005 ~ Pop Century: September 2006 ~ Coronoado Springs Resort: September 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs: March 2009 ~ Old Key West: August 2009 ~ Boardwalk Villas: September 2009 -Adults Only! ~ Saratoga Springs: April, 2010 ~ Saratoga Springs: September 2010 - Mickey's Halloween 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: November/December 2010 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: February 2011 - Princess Royal Family 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Jambo House: May 2011 - Expedition Everest Challenge ~ Wilderness Lodge: June 2011 ~ All Star Movies: October 2011 - Kids Dancing with Disney Youth Performing Arts! ~ Saratoga Springs: January 2012 - Mommy/Daughter Birthday Trip - DD Turns 10! ~ June 2012 - Bay Lake Tower ~ September 2012 - Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - Port Orleans Riverside ~ March 2013 - Solo Trip - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2013 - Expedition Everest Challenge with DS13 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
~ September 19-20 Solo Trip - Wilderness Lodge
Old 05-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #1542
sheila <3 WDW
DIS Veteran

Hi, all!

I am currently planning my family's third trip to WDW and our first at CR! We stayed AKL 09/10, then BWV (rented points from a friend) in 05/11, and are going to CR TPV 10/12!!

We were originally booked POFQ, but DH got a new job (starts in 3 weeks) and it has a big pay bump so we decided to splurge and go for our dream resort! When I called I was just going to get the cheapest room available, which happened to be TPV. Other than that it would have been CL and I didn't want to pay that much. I am so excited. I wanted a TPV, but wasn't sure I wanted to pay for it. LOL Now I have no choice since that is the cheapest available! I am hoping they come out with some room discounts or free dining or something to help alleviate the cost. Our trip cost is about double what it was when we had POFQ booked.

My DD will be 5 and DS will be 15 months - it will be his first visit (unless you count me being 30 weeks pregnant when we went May, 2011 LOL). Love the idea of being right on the monorail. Love that we are so close to the Poly because I've been dying to go to the Spirit of Aloha show and Kona (both are booked ). We are also going to MNSSHP for the first time. Already have one night set aside to watch HalloWishes from our room so we can see it a second time.

Anyway, I spent the last few days (off and on) reading all 103 pages in this thread so I just had to comment that I will be there in 144 days!

The third time’s the charm! A March 2013 10th anniversary pre-trip report! The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary March 2013 TR!
The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary 03-2013 Dining Report!
Old 05-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #1543
sheila <3 WDW
DIS Veteran

Oh, and I would love to see more pictures!! I love going on WDW website seeing the picture of the Contemporary saying I will be staying there soon.

The third time’s the charm! A March 2013 10th anniversary pre-trip report! The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary March 2013 TR!
The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary 03-2013 Dining Report!
Old 05-29-2012, 10:31 PM   #1544
dmband
DIS Veteran

Got my magic espress pack today
And in conversation my kids said something about July 24, I told them I have a big announcement on the day and they are guessing left and right but never once said Disney or a trip in general
This is going to be great...
I made a "treasure map" of the yard
Each piece of the map has a gift that they will need for the trip, like sunscreen, and the next part of the map
The final gift is going to be a Mickey balloon holding the customized park maps
They are going to go nuts because they love trip and Disney plus they have been saving soda can money and other change in a jar
So anyway map drawn, gifts bought, everything booked, reward cards in hand, me here today
Let's go
Old 05-30-2012, 06:25 AM   #1545
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila <3 WDW View Post
Hi, all!

I am currently planning my family's third trip to WDW and our first at CR! We stayed AKL 09/10, then BWV (rented points from a friend) in 05/11, and are going to CR TPV 10/12!!

We were originally booked POFQ, but DH got a new job (starts in 3 weeks) and it has a big pay bump so we decided to splurge and go for our dream resort! When I called I was just going to get the cheapest room available, which happened to be TPV. Other than that it would have been CL and I didn't want to pay that much. I am so excited. I wanted a TPV, but wasn't sure I wanted to pay for it. LOL Now I have no choice since that is the cheapest available! I am hoping they come out with some room discounts or free dining or something to help alleviate the cost. Our trip cost is about double what it was when we had POFQ booked.

My DD will be 5 and DS will be 15 months - it will be his first visit (unless you count me being 30 weeks pregnant when we went May, 2011 LOL). Love the idea of being right on the monorail. Love that we are so close to the Poly because I've been dying to go to the Spirit of Aloha show and Kona (both are booked ). We are also going to MNSSHP for the first time. Already have one night set aside to watch HalloWishes from our room so we can see it a second time.

Anyway, I spent the last few days (off and on) reading all 103 pages in this thread so I just had to comment that I will be there in 144 days!
What a great vacation you have planned. For fun, you might just want to compare the price of a TPV room, like you have booked, with a Bay Lake View Club Level room (it will be listed as "Standard View"). There should be some sort of general public discount that will come out for October, so keep an eye out on MouseSavers for all the latest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila <3 WDW View Post
Oh, and I would love to see more pictures!! I love going on WDW website seeing the picture of the Contemporary saying I will be staying there soon.

The photos without dates are from July/August 2011 and last month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmband View Post
Got my magic espress pack today
And in conversation my kids said something about July 24, I told them I have a big announcement on the day and they are guessing left and right but never once said Disney or a trip in general
This is going to be great...
I made a "treasure map" of the yard
Each piece of the map has a gift that they will need for the trip, like sunscreen, and the next part of the map
The final gift is going to be a Mickey balloon holding the customized park maps
They are going to go nuts because they love trip and Disney plus they have been saving soda can money and other change in a jar
So anyway map drawn, gifts bought, everything booked, reward cards in hand, me here today
Let's go
Awww, this is just so sweet. I wish I could see the look on their face when they realize where they're going. So you're not going to tell them until the day they're leaving? I could NEVER keep a secret like that. We'd love it if you could post a photo of the big surprise!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: