Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2011, 10:03 AM   #1471
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Okay, when we were thinking of staying at the WL, one of the posters commented that after he did his online check-in that he was able to go in and see what room he was booked at. He was able to see that first he was in his standard room, then he noticed one day he was upgraded to a courtyard view and then finally to CL.

Has anyone ever checked in on-line and gone back and noticed a room assignment actually in there? (I am not looking for the upgrade, I'm sure this was pixie dust for this particular individual.)
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

1971DBday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:11 PM   #1472
PolyndianPrincessJes
Alias: TotalSnowWhite
I'm a Snapfish/Shutterfly/Winkflash addict
Yes, you totally can do that, and I do!!!

I have a completely free Saturday, sans kids, to myself!!! No plans at all!! Think I'm going to pull out our vacation DVDs and have a WDW fest while dreaming of the Poly. :
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2011, 12:14 PM   #1473
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post
Okay, when we were thinking of staying at the WL, one of the posters commented that after he did his online check-in that he was able to go in and see what room he was booked at. He was able to see that first he was in his standard room, then he noticed one day he was upgraded to a courtyard view and then finally to CL.

Has anyone ever checked in on-line and gone back and noticed a room assignment actually in there? (I am not looking for the upgrade, I'm sure this was pixie dust for this particular individual.)
That happened for us one year. We were GV CL and about a week or little less prior to our arrival, our reservation changed and showed LV (no TPV at that time) CL. Upon arrival we were indeed upgraded to LV and had a spectacular dead on view.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:16 PM   #1474
maryj11
DIS Veteran

We are back !

The Polynesian is now my most favorite Disney Resort ! We arrived around 3:00pm and did online check in. I had requested Tokelau, first floor, and we got exactly what we requested. The most perfect location for us, we were very pleased with our room. We were in room 1939 in Tokelau on the end close to the main building. We loved being greeted by all the CM with ahola ! DGD and I now say aloha instead of hello
We were worried that it would rain every day because the forecast said 50 to 60% chance each day. It only rained about an hour each day, so that was great !
The lobby was beautiful and we strolled through all the shops, we really liked the Wyland Galleries with all the beautiful art work. I would of loved to buy a bunch of stuff in there
The first night we rode the resort monorail to MK and rode the boat back. I really enjoyed the quick service of the monorail and the relaxing boat ride back. Our most favorite thing to do at the Poly was go to the pool at night and swim then watch the water parade and fireworks. It was beautiful out there at night with the torches lite up . We did not once get asked for our resort ID to swim, but there was only around 10 people swimming each time we went to the pool.
The next morning we had the character breakfast at Ohana, the food was really good ! I especially like the juice which was a mixture of orange juice and some other juices that I cant remember now. Anyway it was really good . We also loved the Dole Whip at Captain Cooks !
We also had dinner at Ohana our last night and got a great seat facing the lake where we could see the water parade and fireworks. The food and atmosphere were great ! The only I thought was they could of served some potatoes , they had lots of meat and it was very good. My DGD enjoyed the coconut races and activities they had for her.
I took a lot of pictures but a lot of them turned out blurry or orange in color. I definitley need a new camera. I will post the ones that turned out well later.
Oh another exciting thing that happened the last night we were there the christian music groups preforming at the Night of Joy were arriving to stay at the Polynesian. My most favorite song in the world is I can only imagine and of all things Mercy Me walked right past me as I was leaving our building ! I didnt say anything to them, I didnt even say hello , I guess I was to surprised to speak The lady at the desk said there were 3 groups staying there.

maryj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:56 PM   #1475
logpey
Disney or bust!

Talking

maryj11
I'm thrilled you had such a wonderful trip! Sounds like a fantastic stay.
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
logpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 02:14 PM   #1476
BeeBeeCee
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by logpey View Post
LOVE IT!
Thanks!!
Old 09-10-2011, 02:19 PM   #1477
BeeBeeCee
Earning My Ears

For those there now or ....just came back....what colors are the refillable mugs available in right now?

I want purple...
Old 09-10-2011, 03:28 PM   #1478
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBeeCee View Post
For those there now or ....just came back....what colors are the refillable mugs available in right now?

I want purple...
They were like gray with pink , blue , and black lids and handles.

Old 09-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #1479
BeeBeeCee
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj11 View Post
They were like gray with pink , blue , and black lids and handles.
Thanks!

I'm hoping they have purple when we get there ...my DDs are partial to purple...it's an LSU thing

but the hubby will like the black....no girly color for him
Old 09-10-2011, 04:23 PM   #1480
Maddie's Nana
DIS Veteran

Maryj11 - Sounds like you had a wonderful time. We also requested Tokelau, ground floor for our trip next month. Hope we have the same luck you did. So glad you enjoyed your trip.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:14 PM   #1481
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie's Nana View Post
Maryj11 - Sounds like you had a wonderful time. We also requested Tokelau, ground floor for our trip next month. Hope we have the same luck you did. So glad you enjoyed your trip.
Yes I hope you get your request. I called about 10 days before our trip to check to see if my room request was on the reservation and it was not . I had made a room request a few months before that. So I asked them if they could add Tokelau ground floor. So you may want to double check and see if it is on your reservations. I think some CM say they added your room request and do not even do it.

Last edited by maryj11; 09-10-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #1482
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBeeCee View Post
Thanks!

I'm hoping they have purple when we get there ...my DDs are partial to purple...it's an LSU thing

but the hubby will like the black....no girly color for him
Maybe they will by then, who knows they change them all the time. The pink is pretty maybe she would like it, its kind of a hot pink color.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:20 PM   #1483
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Some of our photos from last week

Sorry some are blurry, my camera or the user is not very good lol
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....591953&page=94

Old 09-10-2011, 08:39 PM   #1484
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Beautiful pictures!
Old 09-10-2011, 08:42 PM   #1485
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Ok... I already know the answer to this (I think) ... but, just to clarify.... We are staying TPV CL in Nov/Dec and we stayed there last year and I was there in May... HOWEVER... my parents will both have ECV's so our only option of transport to the MK is the Monorail correct? They won't go on those small boats will they?
princssdisnygina is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: