Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2011, 10:25 AM   #1426
megreg
Earning My Ears

Hi There,

We are due to arrive at the Poly in 9 days and we are so excited. It's been a few years since we were last at Disney and we stayed at the Poly then too. We got so lucky and were upgraded to CL TPV and it was amazing! This time we only booked GV, but yesterday I checked in online and called as well to request Ground Floor and either Samoa or Tokelau. Anyone know what chance I have of getting my requests? I have zero hope we will get upgraded again and I have been checking reservations and it appears that the Poly is completely sold out? Really, in September? I thought this was one of the lowest attendance months for the year?

Anywho, we are in dire need of this trip. Just found out that we are relocating back to Michigan and my DH has been 'living' up there for the last few months, so the kids miss him and we are really looking forward to the Disney Magic and the smiles on the kids faces and so excited for MNSSHP again!!!

OffSite - 1981
ASM - 1994
Polynesian - 10/2008
Polynesian - 9/2011
Beach Club - 8/9 - 2014

megreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:38 AM   #1427
SoScary'09
Has Friends on the Other Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by megreg View Post
Hi There,

We are due to arrive at the Poly in 9 days and we are so excited. It's been a few years since we were last at Disney and we stayed at the Poly then too. We got so lucky and were upgraded to CL TPV and it was amazing! This time we only booked GV, but yesterday I checked in online and called as well to request Ground Floor and either Samoa or Tokelau. Anyone know what chance I have of getting my requests? I have zero hope we will get upgraded again and I have been checking reservations and it appears that the Poly is completely sold out? Really, in September? I thought this was one of the lowest attendance months for the year?

Anywho, we are in dire need of this trip. Just found out that we are relocating back to Michigan and my DH has been 'living' up there for the last few months, so the kids miss him and we are really looking forward to the Disney Magic and the smiles on the kids faces and so excited for MNSSHP again!!!
Excited for your trip! As far as requests though I have no idea. We've never been upgraded either, so I think most of it just happens by chance.

Halloween '09:-CR Halloween '11:-Poly Halloween '13-BC March '14: First DL Trip
SoScary'09 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2011, 10:41 AM   #1428
rao363
Mouseketeer

Lucky you! I still have 21 days, but hey...3 weeks ain't that long! Anyway, I was researching the polynesian yesterday since I kept hearing about free upgrades and I was in shock to see only Garden View rooms left!! Not sure of your dates, but we check in on 9/29(the last day of value season) so I think between it being value, plus the promotions they had during the early fall(free dining,room discount,etc) that most likely explains why the resort is booked. I have been down 3 other times around now, and in most cases, it is a "slower" crowd time. Funny thing is, when I checked room availability for 9/30, almost all room categories were available again...its amazing what a days difference can make! Have a magical vacation!
rao363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:45 AM   #1429
megreg
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoScary'09 View Post
Excited for your trip! As far as requests though I have no idea. We've never been upgraded either, so I think most of it just happens by chance.
Thanks I know we won't get upgraded again, I'm just hoping they accommodate requests. We will have a double stroller and I don't really want to deal with stairs and I want a patio so I can enjoy a cold beverage while my little DD is napping.. I was just shocked to see that it might be sold out in mid-sept.

OffSite - 1981
ASM - 1994
Polynesian - 10/2008
Polynesian - 9/2011
Beach Club - 8/9 - 2014

Old 09-08-2011, 10:59 AM   #1430
Scarlett81
Mommy to my princess and lil pirate

I was checking out the site for standard, and club level rooms with MK and lagoon views-NONE of the room descriptions list balconies...Is this true?
Do they not have them?
I noticed bc on most other hotel room descriptions if the room has one they list it.

CF Make a Wish Trip O/S-87' Fort Wilderness Campground-99' O/S-03' O/S-04' O/S-08' O/S-09' Beach Club-10' Grand Floridian-11' FW Cabins-11'
Sister's/Girl's Trip AKL 12' Princess Half Marathon Finisher!!! (Split stay Dolphin and BC) 13' FW Rv trip! 13' Beach Club weekend coming up! 13' Princess Half Marathon Finisher 2014' (Split stay Swan and AKL)
WL for end of school year celebration..June 14' Disney Princess Half Marathon family trip FW Feb 15'
Scarlett81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:33 AM   #1431
DT83097
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi There,

We check-in in 9 days too!!
For what its worth on our 2 past Poly stays we were granted our 2 requests (Tahiti, ground floor) both times we made them so I think you are pretty likely to at least get one of the buildings you want.

Where in Michigan are you relocating too?

Aug 1997 CBR; 2000 CSR; April 2002 Offsite; April 2007 Poly ; Aug 2007 CBR
Aug 2009 Poly; Sept 2010 YC; Sept 2011 Poly; Aug 2012 YC ;Feb 2013 BLT; Sept 2013 BC
CSR Feb 2014-upgraded to YC! ; June 2014 GF
DT83097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:35 AM   #1432
HunnyJar
DIS Veteran

Finally after almost a year of planning we leave tomorrow! Today is seriously crazy with all those last minute things that need to get finished, but I know all this chaos will be worth hearing that "Aloha!" for the first time tomorrow afternoon. Getting up at 3:00 am to be at the airport by 5:00 am. UGH! Very long day for us, but like I said, worth it! I cannot wait to see the look on my children's faces once they see Mickey. So excited!

Btw,
Does anyone know if we still tell the bellhop that we are checking in for club level?

HunnyJar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:38 AM   #1433
LilyU
Mouseketeer

We requested Rarotonga which is where we stayed in 2008. Loved it because it is a quick walk to the GCH and the TTC.
LilyU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #1434
megreg
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT83097 View Post
We check-in in 9 days too!!
For what its worth on our 2 past Poly stays we were granted our 2 requests (Tahiti, ground floor) both times we made them so I think you are pretty likely to at least get one of the buildings you want.

Where in Michigan are you relocating too?
Fun! We are checking in early 7:30ish so hopefully doing online Check in they might have a room available! Our last stay at the Poly, we didn't request anything and got upgraded to CL, but I'm hoping for either Samoa (to be near pool) or Tokelau for the slightly larger rooms and def. Ground Floor.. Good to hear you were accommodated with your request(s)!

We are building a house in Northville, are you familiar with that area?

OffSite - 1981
ASM - 1994
Polynesian - 10/2008
Polynesian - 9/2011
Beach Club - 8/9 - 2014

Old 09-08-2011, 12:34 PM   #1435
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett81 View Post
I was checking out the site for standard, and club level rooms with MK and lagoon views-NONE of the room descriptions list balconies...Is this true?
Do they not have them?
I noticed bc on most other hotel room descriptions if the room has one they list it.
Most of the rooms do have balconies. However, in some buildings the rooms on the second floor don't have a "walkout" balcony. Meaning there is a sliding door and a railing but you basically open the door and there is the ledge. That is why most people request a 1st or 3rd floor room.
princssdisnygina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:53 PM   #1436
logpey
Disney or bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post
Well it's better now then just before the trip. It started with DD15, then DD5 and now me....mine is a sinus infection and I have a wedding this weekend that I can't miss.
I'll be the one hacking in the corner.....
However, good new is that I got our luggage tags and I still need to pre-order our photopass. Not sure when we are going to upgrade to an AP....maybe next week. They don't go into effect until we use it on the 1st day....right?
Well I'm glad your on the up swing with sinus infections & its long gone before trip. Good news about lugguge tags. Policy on Annual Passes. Any AP purchased at WDW now receives an activated pass, not a voucher. (NOTE: vouchers may be purchased by request at any of the Guest Relations locations at WDW.) This pass will expire one year from the date of purchase, not the previous one year from first use. The date of expiration is clearly printed with the words "Expires on" on the AP itself. Hope this helps! If you purchase a voucher, when you transfer it to actual AP it will then be activated.... not first use.
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
logpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:00 PM   #1437
logpey
Disney or bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divaofdisney View Post
Our daughter absolutely "loved" the Neverland Club!! She just thought it was the most amazing thing ever getting to crawl through Wendy's window just like in Peter Pan The CM alldo such an incredible job and the kids really have so much fun. I would recommend it very highly. Hope your daughter loves it.
My children both loved Neverland Club as well, it was the first place I ever left my children besides with family. I'm so sad now that on our last visit DD now 14 is to old and DS 11 wasn't interested. It breaks my heart that part of WDW is over for us.
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
logpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:10 PM   #1438
Slatas
Earning My Ears

Wow...we are checking in the 28th. I sure hope that it is not sold out. Last time it was soooo peaceful at that time of year, that is why we booked the same week again. I guess thats what happens for letting the secret out, now we have all these resort converts . We need one of those Poly is so overrated threads to scare them away.

Last Disney trip: Poly October 2011

Next Trip: GF October 2013

Slatas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:24 PM   #1439
DT83097
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Fun! We are checking in early 7:30ish so hopefully doing online Check in they might have a room available! Our last stay at the Poly, we didn't request anything and got upgraded to CL, but I'm hoping for either Samoa (to be near pool) or Tokelau for the slightly larger rooms and def. Ground Floor.. Good to hear you were accommodated with your request(s)!

We are building a house in Northville, are you familiar with that area?
Kind of - DH worked a charity poker tournament there last weekend (Northville Downs) We live about 1 hour west down 94. We just started looking at building ourselves.....hopefully in the spring / summer but we'll see.

We should get to the resort around 2:00 (or earlier) - planning to kind of chill that afternoon and hit Epcot that evening for Illuminations. Next week is going to be seriously difficult to focus at work!

Aug 1997 CBR; 2000 CSR; April 2002 Offsite; April 2007 Poly ; Aug 2007 CBR
Aug 2009 Poly; Sept 2010 YC; Sept 2011 Poly; Aug 2012 YC ;Feb 2013 BLT; Sept 2013 BC
CSR Feb 2014-upgraded to YC! ; June 2014 GF
DT83097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:18 PM   #1440
jdd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rao363 View Post
I am checking into the Polynesian GV on 9/29(22 days ) I was looking on the Disney website to see if "maybe" I would upgrade to LV or TPV, and guess what, Only GV is Left!!! I was in shock! I did check on 9/30 and saw that more rooms become available(I guess because value season is over) and even though I am not changing my dates, I was just curious as to how many of you guys will be at the polynesian including travel date 9/29(even if your checking out) Thanks!
We're checking in on the 28th - staying until October 2nd .

Keep checking for your dates. We were booked GV and I checked every morning hoping a CL room would open up and it finally did! I was so excited and booked it right away. People cancel all the time, so you may still be able to upgrade. Good luck and see you at the Poly
March 2002, May 2003, Nov 2007 - ASMo, Nov 2005 - CSR, April 2007 - CBR, Oct 2008 - POR, Aug 2009 - FW Cabins/Beach Club, Dec 2009 - ASSp (mom/son trip), Aug-Sept 2010-POR/Poly CL, Sept 2011-Poly (mom/son trip), May2012-CBR(anniversary trip), Aug2012-WWoHP and AKL-Kidani, Aug2013-PolyCL, Feb2014-CBR, Feb2015-CBR, Aug2015-PolyCL
jdd is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: