Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-05-2011, 04:39 PM   #1396
HowdyHeidi
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: East Coast
Posts: 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post
No minimum height either. DD5 went on it when she was 3 and she is on the tiny side. They just need to be old enough to go down the slide on their own. You will be allowed to have someone go up with them and send them down and have another person down below to help catch them.

I tried myself last year and was surprised at how fast it was, but my little tough girl handled it just fine. Mommy was a little shocked....However, if there aren't too many witnesses I may do it again.
Thanks! Now I know no one will be disappointed!
HowdyHeidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:55 PM   #1397
logpey
Disney or bust!
 
logpey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Northern Louisiana
Posts: 1,310

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
Thanks all for the pixie dust. Trying to feel optimistic, but after we booked the trip DH's company scheduled a planned maintenance outage. These are always accompanied by a vacation blackout because they want all hands on deck to get the outage done on time. They can make exceptions for special circumstances, but it's a case by case basis with no guarantee.
I know how you feel, My dh work is extremely strict with vacay & days off. He is literally on call 24-7 except 2 weeks off a yr. So I do understand, I will be taking my first solo-Disney trip with kids in March! Anyone else going the third week of March?
__________________
Me:42 DH:41DD:17DS:14 Twitter:@Logpey
1994 Nov/SOG
2003 May/CSR
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
logpey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-05-2011, 10:30 PM   #1398
Duplexdis
Dis veteran
 
Duplexdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by logpey View Post
WOW, 21 yrs & I think 1yr is to long to wait! I'm excited for you, take time to enjoy the resort, you're paying a pretty penny, so relax & take it all in, preferably in a hammock on beach.
Pretty penny indeed! The last time I went I was a teenager going on Mom and Dad's dime. You have a whole new appreciation when it's your own money. This is the first trip that I actually have time planned in our itinerary to just hang out at the resort, as we are usually at the parks from open to close. That hammock is calling to me! Thanks!
__________________
7/88 Polynesian, 7/94 Offsite, 1/97 Polynesian, 4/07 Coronado Springs, 9/08 POP, 10/09 POP, 09/10 POP, 2/11 POP, 9/11 Polynesian, 1/12 POFQ, 9/12 Polynesian, 6/13 Grand Floridian, 7/13 Grand Floridian, 7/13 Kidani Village
Duplexdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:35 PM   #1399
Duplexdis
Dis veteran
 
Duplexdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 61

[QUOTE=DT83097;42507698]13 days for us too!! Advice: Really take in the resort when you are not in the parks!! I think that's part of what we love about the Poly - once you leave the parks and come back it's like your own little tropical paradise [/QUOTE

Are you counting the hours too? We are definitely planning on more relaxing time at the resort as opposed to other trips where we do nothing but parks. Have a great trip!
__________________
7/88 Polynesian, 7/94 Offsite, 1/97 Polynesian, 4/07 Coronado Springs, 9/08 POP, 10/09 POP, 09/10 POP, 2/11 POP, 9/11 Polynesian, 1/12 POFQ, 9/12 Polynesian, 6/13 Grand Floridian, 7/13 Grand Floridian, 7/13 Kidani Village
Duplexdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:28 PM   #1400
logpey
Disney or bust!
 
logpey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Northern Louisiana
Posts: 1,310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duplexdis View Post
Pretty penny indeed! The last time I went I was a teenager going on Mom and Dad's dime. You have a whole new appreciation when it's your own money. This is the first trip that I actually have time planned in our itinerary to just hang out at the resort, as we are usually at the parks from open to close. That hammock is calling to me! Thanks!
__________________
Me:42 DH:41DD:17DS:14 Twitter:@Logpey
1994 Nov/SOG
2003 May/CSR
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
logpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:01 PM   #1401
logpey
Disney or bust!
 
logpey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Northern Louisiana
Posts: 1,310

Cool

Delta Vacations still has best price on Aulani (package wise). If anyone knows anything different, please let me know. I do know a 10% discount right now with annual passport also with AAA a small discount as well!
__________________
Me:42 DH:41DD:17DS:14 Twitter:@Logpey
1994 Nov/SOG
2003 May/CSR
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
logpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:47 PM   #1402
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic
 
Tinkerbellie16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mile High Rockies
Posts: 3,744

Quote:
Originally Posted by logpey View Post
Delta Vacations still has best price on Aulani (package wise). If anyone knows anything different, please let me know. I do know a 10% discount right now with annual passport also with AAA a small discount as well!
Disney Visa sent me some special offers for Aulani for specific dates. They did not last past January though and I'm going in March so it didn't help me. If you want more info, let me know - I think I kept the mail they sent!
__________________
DH ME DS (11) DD (10)


6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:13 PM   #1403
LilyU
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 277

16 days until we fly in to the Poly!!! Praying for NO hurricanes!!!
LilyU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:49 PM   #1404
logpey
Disney or bust!
 
logpey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Northern Louisiana
Posts: 1,310

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
Disney Visa sent me some special offers for Aulani for specific dates. They did not last past January though and I'm going in March so it didn't help me. If you want more info, let me know - I think I kept the mail they sent!
Thx for info, but were going February 2012. I'm sure some good deals will come out for general public & annual passholders. I do appreciate the help, maybe we'll both get some really great pin code!!!!!
__________________
Me:42 DH:41DD:17DS:14 Twitter:@Logpey
1994 Nov/SOG
2003 May/CSR
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
logpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:34 PM   #1405
cmesq61
DIS Veteran
 
cmesq61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 792

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyU View Post
16 days until we fly in to the Poly!!! Praying for NO hurricanes!!!
15 days for us! See you there...I'll be driving an ECV with a LGMH hanging on the front!! Hurricanes be gone
__________________

Sept '13 DCL; Jan '13 The Poly; Sept '12 BWI; Nov & Sept '11 The Poly; June '09, The Poly; Sept '08 The Poly; Jan '05, DCL
cmesq61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:17 PM   #1406
BeeBeeCee
Earning My Ears
 
BeeBeeCee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyU View Post
16 days until we fly in to the Poly!!! Praying for NO hurricanes!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmesq61 View Post
15 days for us! See you there...I'll be driving an ECV with a LGMH hanging on the front!! Hurricanes be gone
Less than two weeks for us....yes, please.... no hurricanes
__________________
BeeBeeCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:42 PM   #1407
DT83097
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 686

[QUOTE=Duplexdis;42526322]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT83097 View Post
13 days for us too!! Advice: Really take in the resort when you are not in the parks!! I think that's part of what we love about the Poly - once you leave the parks and come back it's like your own little tropical paradise [/QUOTE

Are you counting the hours too? We are definitely planning on more relaxing time at the resort as opposed to other trips where we do nothing but parks. Have a great trip!
Counting days, hours, minutes This is trip is the first real time I've actually built in a rest day on purpose!! The morning / afternoon of Halloween party we are completely chillin at the pool. We have another day that I'm leaving open so we can go with the flow that day and do whatever everyone feels like - whether that's resort or parks. DH and I are really looking forward to this trip with the kids (their 3rd) I think more than the previous ones partly because we are now stroller free, tall enough for almost every ride (DD still falls short of the bigger thrillers) but also because we plan to do more "smelling of the roses" and just enjoy being together as a family without all the distractions of work / school / non-Disney life

DD (who is usually quick to tears when sad or upset) said to me that she's not even going to cry one time because Disney is supposed to be a happy place
__________________
-Tammy
DH Me DS DD

Aug 1997 CBR; 2000 CSR; April 2002 Offsite; April 2007 Poly ; Aug 2007 CBR
Aug 2009 Poly; Sept 2010 YC; Sept 2011 Poly; Aug 2012 YC ;Feb 2013 BLT; Sept 2013 BC
CSR Feb 2014-upgraded to YC! ; June 2014 GF
DT83097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #1408
Duplexdis
Dis veteran
 
Duplexdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 61

[QUOTE=DT83097;42537380]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duplexdis View Post

Counting days, hours, minutes This is trip is the first real time I've actually built in a rest day on purpose!! The morning / afternoon of Halloween party we are completely chillin at the pool. We have another day that I'm leaving open so we can go with the flow that day and do whatever everyone feels like - whether that's resort or parks. DH and I are really looking forward to this trip with the kids (their 3rd) I think more than the previous ones partly because we are now stroller free, tall enough for almost every ride (DD still falls short of the bigger thrillers) but also because we plan to do more "smelling of the roses" and just enjoy being together as a family without all the distractions of work / school / non-Disney life

DD (who is usually quick to tears when sad or upset) said to me that she's not even going to cry one time because Disney is supposed to be a happy place
Last year was our first stroller free, tall enough to ride everything year, so I know how you feel! This is our 4th family trip, and we are planning almost identically! I really want to go at a slower pace, actually enjoy the resort (God knows we're paying for it!), and get wrapped up in the magic of the little things. We are also doing the Halloween party, and building in some down time around that.

I agree with DD, there's no crying in Disney!! Too cute! I cannot wait to be in the Disney bubble again, and the Polynesian Disney bubble to boot! Always nice to know there are others like me, as my coworkers think I am insane for going to the same place again and again, and knowing months in advance exactly how many days I have left. They don't get it, but we sure do!
__________________
7/88 Polynesian, 7/94 Offsite, 1/97 Polynesian, 4/07 Coronado Springs, 9/08 POP, 10/09 POP, 09/10 POP, 2/11 POP, 9/11 Polynesian, 1/12 POFQ, 9/12 Polynesian, 6/13 Grand Floridian, 7/13 Grand Floridian, 7/13 Kidani Village
Duplexdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:11 PM   #1409
PolyndianPrincessJes
Alias: TotalSnowWhite
I'm a Snapfish/Shutterfly/Winkflash addict
Yes, you totally can do that, and I do!!!
 
PolyndianPrincessJes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 2,543

Just had to look at my ticker. I'm already in pre-trip panic!!! I feel like there's so much to do!!!
__________________
Jess
PolyndianPrincessJes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:36 PM   #1410
Topstrup
Earning My Ears
 
Topstrup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 10

36 days to go until our first Poly trip. Been lurking here for awhile and trying to come out a bit so I can post while there and when we return.

Today was just what I needed - our ME vouchers came and our local Menchies had Pineapple Dole Whip as a flavor! It was a Disney sort of day.
__________________
WDW
Sept 99 ~ Offsite
Nov 04 ~ WL Honeymoon
Nov 08 ~ Vacation Home
Oct 11 ~ Poly


DL
86, 96, 01, 02, 05, 10 ~ Offisite/Good Neighbor



Topstrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: