Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-04-2011, 09:30 AM   #1351
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran
 
ddluvsdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New England (1,300 miles from the mouse)
Posts: 3,252

Just back from an extended stay at the Poly thanks to hurricane Irene. No better place to be stranded though.
We stayed Tokelau 3rd floor (our request)
Just wanted to report that they only wristbanded 1 day we were there and we were there for 10 days!!!! I couldn't believe this since i heard on the boards they had started doing it. Even when they checked our room keys they were walking around not checking at steps when people walk in like at BC. So it was really a hit or miss if you were checked they couldn't get to everybody and they only did it for a certain amount of time. This was disappointing b/c the pool was always crowded.
Now I know first hand what people would complain about. Especially at night when there aren't any lifeguards.
I only had 1 disappointment during our trip. When I went to the front desk to extend our trip for 2 more nights I told the CM I just wanted the same rate I had payed all week b/c I got a 40% off pin. The CM I spoke to seemed new and got someone on the phone to ok it. She said yes and I thought I was all set. I didn't think it was that huge of a request since it was the hurricanes fault I needed to stay. There were lots of other people in the same boat.
She said I was all set and sent me on my merry way and I had to ask her for a receipt!!! Good thing I did b/c she didn't charge me the same rate now I was getting a little aggrivated. She went for help from another CM and he sent her on her merry way and said he would take care of me. Thank God! He said they were giving everbody the same rate due to circumstances. He told me to come get new keys tomorrow.
Well we p/u new keys they didn't work. Got new keys again didn't work. They said maybe it's the door. NOT!!! We went EP that day only DS could get through other keys didn't work had to wait for new temp. ones! Needless to say this was not a fun day. When DH went to complain they said they will credit us for our inconvience. I wasn't sure how much this would be but the day we checked out they OWED us $$$!!!! We had charges on our room card and we had internet access for like 4 days. It must have been aroun $200. So they did fix it. Was Happy
Sorry so long but wanted to share experience.
__________________
Me DH DS16 DS12 Indiana
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:58 AM   #1352
Duplexdis
Dis veteran
 
Duplexdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 61

We are 13 days away, and I am going out of my mind with excitement. We always stay at POP, so this is a huge deal for us. I have not been to the Poly in 21 years, so I am sure much has changed. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. This is DH and DD's first Poly trip. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!
__________________
7/88 Polynesian, 7/94 Offsite, 1/97 Polynesian, 4/07 Coronado Springs, 9/08 POP, 10/09 POP, 09/10 POP, 2/11 POP, 9/11 Polynesian, 1/12 POFQ, 9/12 Polynesian, 6/13 Grand Floridian, 7/13 Grand Floridian, 7/13 Kidani Village
Duplexdis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-04-2011, 10:03 AM   #1353
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic
 
Tinkerbellie16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mile High Rockies
Posts: 3,756

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAA1972 View Post
We checked in yesterday and got the exact room we wanted. 1607 Samoa -- GV facing the pool with a direct walk-way to volcano pool. Everything is wonderful -- including weather and low crowds. Pool and beach were very low traffic today but they were wristbanding everyone. The wall at the GF is hardly noticeable. I had to look for it. They did confirm it was a DVC property that is being built at GF - but I think this is old news now. Our boat driver tonight also confirmed that they are getting larger boats for GF and Poly to MK. He said the motors are still hot from the night before when they come in at 5 a.m. -- they can't take the wear and tear. Crowd levels are super low! All rides have been walk-on at MK in the early evenings or a 10 minute wait or less.

We had our first Tonga Toast at Kona this morning - yum! Lapu Lapu still to come....
Enjoy a lapu lapu (or more ) for me too! Glad you are having fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarinup View Post
I hear ya with the extra work. Companies are making their current workers take up the slack because they won't hire more people. It makes economic sense for the company, but if you are salaried.........
So true - I went from working my 40 - 50 hours a week to 70 -80 hours a week with about 40% travel and no raise in 3 years To say the least, I am very very tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Just back from an extended stay at the Poly thanks to hurricane Irene. No better place to be stranded though.
We stayed Tokelau 3rd floor (our request)
Just wanted to report that they only wristbanded 1 day we were there and we were there for 10 days!!!! I couldn't believe this since i heard on the boards they had started doing it. Even when they checked our room keys they were walking around not checking at steps when people walk in like at BC. So it was really a hit or miss if you were checked they couldn't get to everybody and they only did it for a certain amount of time. This was disappointing b/c the pool was always crowded.
Now I know first hand what people would complain about. Especially at night when there aren't any lifeguards.
I only had 1 disappointment during our trip. When I went to the front desk to extend our trip for 2 more nights I told the CM I just wanted the same rate I had payed all week b/c I got a 40% off pin. The CM I spoke to seemed new and got someone on the phone to ok it. She said yes and I thought I was all set. I didn't think it was that huge of a request since it was the hurricanes fault I needed to stay. There were lots of other people in the same boat.
She said I was all set and sent me on my merry way and I had to ask her for a receipt!!! Good thing I did b/c she didn't charge me the same rate now I was getting a little aggrivated. She went for help from another CM and he sent her on her merry way and said he would take care of me. Thank God! He said they were giving everbody the same rate due to circumstances. He told me to come get new keys tomorrow.
Well we p/u new keys they didn't work. Got new keys again didn't work. They said maybe it's the door. NOT!!! We went EP that day only DS could get through other keys didn't work had to wait for new temp. ones! Needless to say this was not a fun day. When DH went to complain they said they will credit us for our inconvience. I wasn't sure how much this would be but the day we checked out they OWED us $$$!!!! We had charges on our room card and we had internet access for like 4 days. It must have been aroun $200. So they did fix it. Was Happy
Sorry so long but wanted to share experience.
That is really nice that you were compensated - I'm glad they took care of it.
__________________
DH ME DS (12) DD (10)


6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:32 AM   #1354
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran
 
sunnygal041's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: 1.5 hours south of Florida Mickey
Posts: 990

Here now/9-4

Hi all. At the cabana today typing on IPhone. All is great, mostly cloudy and low crowds!

Cindy
sunnygal041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:36 AM   #1355
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran
 
BreezysMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Subs, Chicago
Posts: 1,636

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041 View Post
Hi all. At the cabana today typing on IPhone. All is great, mostly cloudy and low crowds!

Cindy
Enjoy
__________________
DH Me (Teri) DD (13) Poly Maeve
10/07 Poly
12/08 Poly CL
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF



BreezysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 02:11 PM   #1356
ajh88
DIS Veteran
 
ajh88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,327

Our Poly vacation has come and gone...we've been home for nearly 3 weeks now and this is my first venture back to the boards because I've been in mourning over the end of a fabulous 2 week vacation.

We had TPV - stayed in 3410 Tuvalu and it was spectacular. I am still working on uploading all photos - returned home to work 16 of 18 days so time has been short. I will be back to post more soon (I hope!). Not sure I can ever stay in another room again...planning a trip for May 2012.

DH said before this trip that he didn't care where we stayed as long as we are at Disney....after spending 9 nights in Tuvalu, he now says that our room was one of the top 3 highlights of his trip and he wants to return as much as I do. Ah, TPV how you have spoiled me.

A couple of photos of what we woke up to every morning...the castle always looked much closer in person than how it turned out in the pictures. The first photo is actually sort of looking to the right...the castle was straight out from us and in some photos we have, from left to right, Grand Floridian, castle, Space Mountain, Contemporary.





__________________
Me (37) DH (43) DSS (22) DD (13) DS (10/31/13)

ajh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 02:24 PM   #1357
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!
 
maiapapaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: southwestern ON
Posts: 2,496

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajh88 View Post
Our Poly vacation has come and gone...we've been home for nearly 3 weeks now and this is my first venture back to the boards because I've been in mourning over the end of a fabulous 2 week vacation.

We had TPV - stayed in 3410 Tuvalu and it was spectacular. I am still working on uploading all photos - returned home to work 16 of 18 days so time has been short. I will be back to post more soon (I hope!). Not sure I can ever stay in another room again...planning a trip for May 2012.

DH said before this trip that he didn't care where we stayed as long as we are at Disney....after spending 9 nights in Tuvalu, he now says that our room was one of the top 3 highlights of his trip and he wants to return as much as I do. Ah, TPV how you have spoiled me.
Thanks for the mini report ajh88 - glad you had a great time! We have stayed TPV in Tuvalu twice and loved it! It is such a beautiful, quiet location, but still close to everything. Yes, that TPV spoils you - once you've done it you can't go back!
__________________

me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
maiapapaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 02:47 PM   #1358
cmesq61
DIS Veteran
 
cmesq61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 792

Thanks for the awesome TPV reviews. I am looking forward to being spoiled by my first TPV in 17 days!! We are hoping for 3rd floor Tahiti.
__________________

Sept '13 DCL; Jan '13 The Poly; Sept '12 BWI; Nov & Sept '11 The Poly; June '09, The Poly; Sept '08 The Poly; Jan '05, DCL
cmesq61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:01 PM   #1359
DT83097
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 686

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duplexdis View Post
We are 13 days away, and I am going out of my mind with excitement. We always stay at POP, so this is a huge deal for us. I have not been to the Poly in 21 years, so I am sure much has changed. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. This is DH and DD's first Poly trip. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!
13 days for us too!! Advice: Really take in the resort when you are not in the parks!! I think that's part of what we love about the Poly - once you leave the parks and come back it's like your own little tropical paradise
__________________
-Tammy
DH Me DS DD

Aug 1997 CBR; 2000 CSR; April 2002 Offsite; April 2007 Poly ; Aug 2007 CBR
Aug 2009 Poly; Sept 2010 YC; Sept 2011 Poly; Aug 2012 YC ;Feb 2013 BLT; Sept 2013 BC
CSR Feb 2014-upgraded to YC! ; June 2014 GF
DT83097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:16 PM   #1360
logpey
Disney or bust!
 
logpey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Northern Louisiana
Posts: 1,310

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041 View Post
Hi all. At the cabana today typing on IPhone. All is great, mostly cloudy and low crowds!

Cindy
Lucky! Wish I was there...
__________________
Me:42 DH:41DD:17DS:14 Twitter:@Logpey
1994 Nov/SOG
2003 May/CSR
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
logpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:29 PM   #1361
logpey
Disney or bust!
 
logpey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Northern Louisiana
Posts: 1,310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duplexdis View Post
We are 13 days away, and I am going out of my mind with excitement. We always stay at POP, so this is a huge deal for us. I have not been to the Poly in 21 years, so I am sure much has changed. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. This is DH and DD's first Poly trip. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!
WOW, 21 yrs & I think 1yr is to long to wait! I'm excited for you, take time to enjoy the resort, you're paying a pretty penny, so relax & take it all in, preferably in a hammock on beach.
__________________
Me:42 DH:41DD:17DS:14 Twitter:@Logpey
1994 Nov/SOG
2003 May/CSR
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
logpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:32 PM   #1362
logpey
Disney or bust!
 
logpey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Northern Louisiana
Posts: 1,310

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajh88 View Post
Our Poly vacation has come and gone...we've been home for nearly 3 weeks now and this is my first venture back to the boards because I've been in mourning over the end of a fabulous 2 week vacation.
Great pics, I know what you mean this was the first year, I continued the thread after my POLY trip, I usually mourn then return about 3 months before next trip!
__________________
Me:42 DH:41DD:17DS:14 Twitter:@Logpey
1994 Nov/SOG
2003 May/CSR
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
logpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:01 PM   #1363
Magical JenK
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: MN
Posts: 1,146

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041 View Post
Hi all. At the cabana today typing on IPhone. All is great, mostly cloudy and low crowds!

Cindy
See you there tomorrow!! I'll be the one w/the big ol' smile on my face that you can't slap off!!
__________________
Off site September 1983 Off site February 1993 Caribbean Beach April 2004 Port Orleans French Quarter September 2005 Port Orleans French Quarter September 2006 Coronado Springs Resort September 2007Coronado Springs Resort April 2008Saratoga Springs Resort October 2008Coronado Springs Resort December 2008Polynesian Resort September 2009Contemporary Resort/Tree House Villas October 2009 Polynesian Resort September 2011Polynesian Resort September 2012
Magical JenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:35 PM   #1364
huntconn
"Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile."
 
huntconn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Easton, PA
Posts: 715

Returned 2 weeks ago from the Poly. Great trip as always but was a little disapointed at the lack of music around the resort. Hopefully it was just a temporary thing but there was no music playing around the grounds at all, only in the GCH and underwater in the volcano pool. Strange.
__________________
huntconn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:33 PM   #1365
maryj11
DIS Veteran
 
maryj11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,307

Leaving at 7:00 am in the morning !

I hope I can get to sleep ! I will see you all when we get back ! Im worried about the rain forecast, hope its not an all day thing. I can live with scattered showers, its those rains that last all day non stop that get me down !
__________________


maryj11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: