Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2011, 02:25 PM   #631
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by logpey View Post
Yes, go to both of my links on my signature, photobucket and picasaweb, you will see alot of POLY!
Wow thank you ! Lots of good photos !

maryj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 03:03 PM   #632
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj11 View Post
Different thing than what they were asking about - the one they were referring to was this one on the Disneyworld website

Cdn Friends of Pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2011, 03:26 PM   #633
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Friends of Pooh View Post
Different thing than what they were asking about - the one they were referring to was this one on the Disneyworld website

Oh ok

Old 08-06-2011, 03:34 PM   #634
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Question about getting a dinner ressie at Ohana ?

I have been searching the WDW site every day several times a day trying to get a reservation for dinner for Sept 8th. So far all I have managed to grab is a 9:20 pm. Do you still think it may be possible to get one at least 8:00 pm ? Do you think I will have any luck on that if I check online or call close to our arrival date ?

Old 08-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #635
Aanna
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBeeCee View Post
Ok...it has been years since we stayed at the Poly

But we were always given shell leis each time we stayed....

Do they still have those?? or Not??
Unless it has changed recently, they give silk-flower leis now.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:15 PM   #636
traylorc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have been searching the WDW site every day several times a day trying to get a reservation for dinner for Sept 8th. So far all I have managed to grab is a 9:20 pm. Do you still think it may be possible to get one at least 8:00 pm ? Do you think I will have any luck on that if I check online or call close to our arrival date ?
Anything is possible...

I would recommend simply being persistent. There are numerous posts on the boards of individuals trying desperately to secure an ADR months before their trip, and finally snagging the elusive ADR a couple of weeks, or even a week, before their trip. You will also find posts from folks that called to try to get an difficult ADR and were successful, but conversely others have posted that they tried to call and were unsuccessful. There are no set rules about trying to book these ADRs, and sometimes it simply comes down to being at the right place at the right time.

Good luck!
traylorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 04:23 PM   #637
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead

Quote:
I would keep checking ... you never know when something will become available. How many people will the ressie be for?

Old 08-06-2011, 04:31 PM   #638
JACKie SPARROW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Keep doing what you are doing...I recently had 'Ohana success

Due to family issues I completely forgot to book any of my ADRs at the 180 mark...only missed it by 100 days

We are DVC members and are staying at BCV in just 2 weeks..after that we are headed for the Poly for three nights and really wanted to try 'Ohana, but never had any luck. I tired many times a day since June, and nothing was available. A few days ago I tried and assumed, like always, no availability. I watched the August cancellation thread...nothing worked for me I almost fell off my chair a few days ago when a 6:40 ressie was available...so I grabbed it, quickly . I was like .

I had been playing with different ressies and number of guests and I thought I made the ressie for 2 instead of 5...slight panic attack but after viewing my ressies on line everything was fine

Just keep checking! Hope everything works out for you...sending you tons of
Old 08-06-2011, 04:31 PM   #639
sandym718
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBeeCee View Post
Ok...it has been years since we stayed at the Poly

But we were always given shell leis each time we stayed....

Do they still have those?? or Not??
Silk flower leis now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara C View Post
Does anyone of the bathroom doors at the Poly have a hook on them? I bought a small hanging organizer for our trip and I'd like to make sure we can use it.
No hook. We used an over-the-door shoe organizer, but the door wouldn't shut all the way. Someone on this thread recommended those 3M Command sticky hooks so you can hang an organizer - GENIUS!

Previous trips as a child/teen: FW 1985, offsite 1991, Disneyland 1992
Family trips: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 - all at the Poly!

sandym718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #640
cmesq61
DIS Veteran

Has anyone been at the Poly since 8/1? Wondering how transportation is leaving MK after late EMH? Does the large paddle wheel ferry boat run to the TTC? Are there special buses for the deluxe resorts? Reports on Liners have not been good. I'm in an ECV and am worried about our upcoming trip...in 46 days!!

Sept '13 DCL; Jan '13 The Poly; Sept '12 BWI; Nov & Sept '11 The Poly; June '09, The Poly; Sept '08 The Poly; Jan '05, DCL
cmesq61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 05:54 PM   #641
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would keep checking ... you never know when something will become available. How many people will the ressie be for?
It is for 3 people

Old 08-06-2011, 06:09 PM   #642
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKie SPARROW View Post
Keep doing what you are doing...I recently had 'Ohana success

Due to family issues I completely forgot to book any of my ADRs at the 180 mark...only missed it by 100 days

We are DVC members and are staying at BCV in just 2 weeks..after that we are headed for the Poly for three nights and really wanted to try 'Ohana, but never had any luck. I tired many times a day since June, and nothing was available. A few days ago I tried and assumed, like always, no availability. I watched the August cancellation thread...nothing worked for me I almost fell off my chair a few days ago when a 6:40 ressie was available...so I grabbed it, quickly . I was like .

I had been playing with different ressies and number of guests and I thought I made the ressie for 2 instead of 5...slight panic attack but after viewing my ressies on line everything was fine

Just keep checking! Hope everything works out for you...sending you tons of
Wow lucky you !! That is a perfect time too ! Congrats, maybe I will have some luck and get an earlier one

Old 08-06-2011, 10:46 PM   #643
BeeBeeCee
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aanna View Post
Unless it has changed recently, they give silk-flower leis now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandym718 View Post
Silk flower leis now.
Thanks y"all

Guess we will have silk instead of shells
Old 08-06-2011, 11:06 PM   #644
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead

Quote:
It is for 3 people
Ah OK ... was just curious if it was for a larger group and maybe that's why you couldn't get an earlier ADR

Old 08-07-2011, 09:57 AM   #645
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I totally agree with this! Just keep checking. There are always cancellations from people switching. You never know what you can get.
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: