Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #3211
shinez
If you are lucky enough to be at the beach, then you are lucky enough!

Location: Maine! Just a hop skip and a jump from the coast...

Online Check in and room requests?

Hi again!!
Looking to see if anyone who had made room/longhouse requests before and then did the online check-in if this interfered with the requests?? How does this all work? Does making requests even work anymore? Thoughts?

Wilderness Lodge - April 2013!
Back to the Polynesian- Feb 2012!

Disney Cruise- Magic- Feb. 2010
Surprise 40th B-day trip sans kids- Dolphin- Oct. 2009
Polynesian- Nov. 2008 Polynesian-March 2006Polynesian-March 2003 Polynesian-Feb 2002
Hop skip and a jump over to Disneyland-Paris on Honeymoon- June 1995
Polynesian- March 1994Polynesian- March 1993 Off-site- College Spring Break 1989 & 1988
1st
Disney Vaca with Family at the Sharaton Lakeside Motel April 1977

shinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #3212
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Just added an 8th night to our August trip.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #3213
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinez View Post
Hi again!!
Looking to see if anyone who had made room/longhouse requests before and then did the online check-in if this interfered with the requests?? How does this all work? Does making requests even work anymore? Thoughts?
On two previous trips we made requests and did online check-in. Both times we had requested three things - a particular longhouse/third floor/connecting. Both times be did online check-in and received two of or three requests (which I think is pretty good and wouldn't have made a difference if we had done regular check-in.

Yes, making requests still works, although it is never a guarantee. The room assigners will do their best to accommodate you. Figure out what your requests are, prioritize them and then make them in the order of importance, so that the room assigners know which item is the priority for you. For example: "Samoa, volcano pool side, third floor."

Some people won't do online check-in because they think they have a better chance of getting their request (ie. they can try to negociate the room with the front desk CM when checking in). If you don't like the room you are assigned, even with online check-in you still have the ability to try to get a more preferential room. In either case it all depends on availability. Hope this helps!

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
maiapapaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #3214
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Last trip stayed in Tokelau loved it. Lagoon view this trip requested Tahiti not sure if I should request 1st or 3rd floor. Usually 3rd for noise factor. But thinking 1st floor would be nice??
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Debrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:30 PM   #3215
204charity
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn View Post
Last trip stayed in Tokelau loved it. Lagoon view this trip requested Tahiti not sure if I should request 1st or 3rd floor. Usually 3rd for noise factor. But thinking 1st floor would be nice??
I for one only have one real request - 3rd floor! Just for the main reason you said - noise factor. Nothing would bug me more than being exhausted and having a ridiculously excited bouncing around toddler a floor above me that can't sleep! (My cousin just stayed at AKL and had this happen to her not 1, but 2 nights in a row.....really affected her energy level the next day I'm afraid)
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR
204charity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #3216
204charity
DIS Veteran

Here are my shirts I had designed by OrcaPotter and RustManFan! They turned out incredibly well, it was much easier than I thought it would be. OrcaPotter designed the beautiful Polynesian shirt for me, my daughters name is Johanna (pronounced Yo-Hanna) so we wanted to do a play-on-words and incorporate the name of the restaurant into our shirt. Hoping it will help us get a table when we are there, because we have NO ADR's! LOL

[/IMG]

Old 01-15-2012, 09:12 PM   #3217
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

Charity - Fun shirts!

I am getting so excited for our trip. DH and I were never sure if the Poly would be to our taste. We mostly stay at the Epcot resorts or Animal Kingdom. But the more I learn about the Poly, the more wonderful it seems! We will definitely check out the EWP and Wishes from the beach. I think we will try the Neverland Club also. DD has never been to any of the kids clubs before. Do they do an open house every day before operating hours? It would be great to have DD see it in person before just dropping her off.
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:07 AM   #3218
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

"hello everyone and welcome to Polynesian resort. Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas."

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
carlnix30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:15 AM   #3219
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
Charity - Fun shirts!

I am getting so excited for our trip. DH and I were never sure if the Poly would be to our taste. We mostly stay at the Epcot resorts or Animal Kingdom. But the more I learn about the Poly, the more wonderful it seems! We will definitely check out the EWP and Wishes from the beach. I think we will try the Neverland Club also. DD has never been to any of the kids clubs before. Do they do an open house every day before operating hours? It would be great to have DD see it in person before just dropping her off.
When we dropped off our kids there in September, it was last minute. We just took them over to peek in the doors (no one was there until 3:45 p.m. approx.)
The front desk said we could bring them to the club around that time to check them in. The club didn't actually open until 4 pm.
We just filled out paperwork in the front, were given a pager, and the kids went in through Wendy's window and were off to play! We didn't go in but could see from the entrance all the different play areas.
We were nervous leaving them but it turned out great. They all had dinner there, made some take home crafts and asked to go back the next night! I would recommend it, it's nice to have a night out with DH. We will do it again too for our 10th anniversary trip in Sept, we just have to decide where to go eat!!
Old 01-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #3220
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
"hello everyone and welcome to Polynesian resort. Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas."

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
maiapapaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #3221
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
sorry to hear that.. Did you see the place where he posted the poly loop music for DL?

It's strange how the poly really is not set up for little ones like the moderate or budget resorts but even the little ones get hooked.
I didn't see that ... and I'm afraid to go and check it out for fear of the post-Poly blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post

sad how we've got our kids all brainwashed! Sorry you're not going to be seeing the Poly soon, but I see from your ticker there's a DL trip in the near future. That's exciting!
Yes, we are going to DL in March. We were going to visit my 23 year old cousin who was a Disney FANATIC and she died unexpectedly right before Christmas. I almost canceled the trip but we will keep her with us in spirit. Don't get me started on not wasting a moment - especially those Disney moments I know y'all understand.

I also have an Orland conference in May so I'll be at Disneyworld for Mother's Day - alone I guess it will be my gift to have Disney to myself! The conference is at the Hilton Orlando (not Bonnet Creek but the one attached to the Orange county conference center) so I'll be staying offsite. But being alone and taking a taxi will be just fine with me. I've spent only ONE day at Disneyworld by myself and it was definitely much easier to do it that way (but not as fun when you have family there!!)

And we are planning a big family vacation this July at a moderate and then I'm doing a split stay with a Deluxe. But we are planning BWI right now. Of course, I go to other resorts and I miss my Poly so we'll see if we end up at BWI or Poly

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveeeyore View Post
We booked our vacation about 10 days ago, and it's taken me about that long to catch up on my favorite DisBoard thread!!
Yeah for another Poly vacation!

Quote:
Hi Polys!
How do you go about requesting a certain longhouse? Clue me in on this one, I would love to try and request a top 2... girl can dream, right??
I call a couple weeks and request it with Disney reservations. Then I confirm a few days before to make sure they got it! I request Tokelau ground floor but that's just us! We have ALWAYS received our request even after they started online check in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahb74 View Post
Hi, we have booked our first ever stay at the Poly for this August, and I was wondering how many sockets there are in the room for charging mobiles/cameras/laptops etc as we seem to have a huge number of things that will all need charging at once!

Thanks,
Sarah
Ugh, our last room had an outlet that didn't work so we could only plug in one phone by the bed but it was fine. There was enough outlets for everything.

Quote:
Hi again!!
See above - but I always request and now I always check in online and I have always received my requests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Just added an 8th night to our August trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
Charity - Fun shirts!

They will let you check it out prior to checking them in! We did this once and got hooked. The kids love doing this and DH and I love our night alone at Epcot!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:08 PM   #3222
204charity
DIS Veteran

Quote:

*shiver* those dancing guys just give me the heeby jeebys! lol

Old 01-16-2012, 01:11 PM   #3223
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 204charity View Post
*shiver* those dancing guys just give me the heeby jeebys! lol
I have to agree!
Old 01-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #3224
laura428
DIS Veteran

Aloha!!!!

Aloha everyone!!

Just got off the phone with Disney - we have officially changed our reservations from CR TPV to the Poly TPV! We're making it an extra long vacation this time (our 5th trip to the World), and so wanted to be sure we had a relaxing spot for resort days. 9 nights/10 days at the Poly, hopefully in Tahiti 3rd floor. Ahhhh.... Plus, Stitch is a huge favorite for both of my kiddos, and I know they'll be thrilled to be staying at his home resort, making for an easy walk to breakfast with both Stitch and Lilo.

Looking forward to making use of the Neverland Club, too. Think we'll try it one night and see how the kids do. If all goes well, we'll most likely take advantage of it another night so that DH and I can enjoy a little Disney magic on our own, something we've never had a chance to do.

We're spending a significant amount more, but got a great deal with the bounceback offer I grabbed during our stay at POR a few weeks ago. Plus, we just decided to take our house off of the market (after being ON the market for the better part of 2 years), so we'll have a little extra cash with not having to pay for the move and cough up a down payment for a new home.

I think a very nice vaca at the Poly is a good way to reallocate the funds.

So excited... how will I wait for another eight months? And how to keep it a secret from the kids?????
2014 Princess Half Marathon
laura428 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #3225
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura428 View Post
Aloha everyone!!

Just got off the phone with Disney - we have officially changed our reservations from CR TPV to the Poly TPV! We're making it an extra long vacation this time (our 5th trip to the World), and so wanted to be sure we had a relaxing spot for resort days. 9 nights/10 days at the Poly, hopefully in Tahiti 3rd floor. Ahhhh.... Plus, Stitch is a huge favorite for both of my kiddos, and I know they'll be thrilled to be staying at his home resort, making for an easy walk to breakfast with both Stitch and Lilo.

Looking forward to making use of the Neverland Club, too. Think we'll try it one night and see how the kids do. If all goes well, we'll most likely take advantage of it another night so that DH and I can enjoy a little Disney magic on our own, something we've never had a chance to do.

We're spending a significant amount more, but got a great deal with the bounceback offer I grabbed during our stay at POR a few weeks ago. Plus, we just decided to take our house off of the market (after being ON the market for the better part of 2 years), so we'll have a little extra cash with not having to pay for the move and cough up a down payment for a new home.

I think a very nice vaca at the Poly is a good way to reallocate the funds.

So excited... how will I wait for another eight months? And how to keep it a secret from the kids?????
I think we will be there at the same time!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: