Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #3001
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamin247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: staten island
Posts: 5,734

__________________
Dani DS DD

Last edited by disneydreamin247; 01-25-2012 at 09:29 PM.
disneydreamin247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #3002
Mynamewastaken
Mouseketeer
 
Mynamewastaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 482

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I'm sure if you were a guest who paid to book the Poly you wouldn't feel that wat.
Again, not our fault. Who can blame us for being excited? We are all grown people here so lets all just get along!
Mynamewastaken is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-11-2012, 07:26 PM   #3003
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 25,506

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I'm sure if you were a guest who paid to book the Poly you wouldn't feel that wat.
I get what you're saying, but don't begrudge a little pixie dust for some of us. For the record, before mine last week, I never get lucky like this. In fact, I had a really bad week with only my upgrade to look back on as any kind of good news.
__________________
WDW: 45 visits (4 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; Tokyo: 1 visit; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 12 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #3004
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,767

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
I get what you're saying, but don't begrudge a little pixie dust for some of us. For the record, before mine last week, I never get lucky like this. In fact, I had a really bad week with only my upgrade to look back on as any kind of good news.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I'm sure if you were a guest who paid to book the Poly you wouldn't feel that wat.
I feel positive for anyone that gets something so nice like that. I actually do. Thats why I would help TaraPA if it would help her. Without even thinking twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynamewastaken View Post
I just wish the next 38 days would hurry up already
Yeah I bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynamewastaken View Post
Again, not our fault. Who can blame us for being excited? We are all grown people here so lets all just get along!
Yes, very true.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #3005
logpey
Disney or bust!
 
logpey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Northern Louisiana
Posts: 1,310

Talking Smart daughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_of_3_mousketeers View Post
Hi all!! What a great thread! We'll be going to our first Poly stay in September and can't wait!! Originally booked at the Art of Animation, but decided we'd like to stay at a monorail resort instead. My 9 year old actually convinced us to go with Poly because she saw it on the Disney channel and loved it.
She has great taste, relax & enjoy your stay! We love the POLY, just the peaceful evening walks, movie & fireworks on the beach, the Volcano pool, lobby & the cabanas... Have fun....Eat the adult grilled cheese from Captain Cooks..
__________________
Me:42 DH:41DD:17DS:14 Twitter:@Logpey
1994 Nov/SOG
2003 May/CSR
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
logpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #3006
jandkmom
Mouseketeer
 
jandkmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 340

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
I'm looking out my window at Lehigh U right now! I'm south of there, and I can see it up on the mountain! DH works in Newtown Sq outside of Philly. It IS a small world!
We live 5 min from Newtown Square! So he commutes every day? Yipes.
jandkmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #3007
mom_of_3_mousketeers
Mouseketeer
 
mom_of_3_mousketeers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 261

Quote:
Originally Posted by logpey View Post
She has great taste, relax & enjoy your stay! We love the POLY, just the peaceful evening walks, movie & fireworks on the beach, the Volcano pool, lobby & the cabanas... Have fun....Eat the adult grilled cheese from Captain Cooks..
She does. She was like a little travel agent..."Mom, the Polynesian has a bonfire where you can roast marshmallows and a new movie every night!! There's also a pool where you can go on a tube down a slide and they have activities for kids." LOL! It was between BC and Poly....the monorail did it in for my hubby. We are just so excited. And the grilled cheese sounds yummy!!
__________________
Lera
Mommy to
Alyssa (12) Jacob (10) & Sean (6)
WDW Stays: Off site 1988, Dolphin 1995, August 2009 ASMo, September 2012 Poly, September 2013 POR, 1st adult only trip October 2014 POP

mom_of_3_mousketeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #3008
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!
 
TaraPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 16,139

I'm all for pixie dust. I think the frustration is this - for a 4-week period or so, all the POR Royal Room-ers (you could start your own club LOL) are being moved to Poly. So me, being a paid guest during that time, who could only afford to book Garden View at booking, now has little to no chance to upgrade at check-in. Whether it be a comp pixie dust upgrade (rare, I know), or to pay for an upgrade, since the rooms that had been empty are now filled with POR RR'ers, my chances are slim to none. Yes I should have booked CL at booking if that's what I wanted, I get that, but funds at the time limited me to Garden View. I booked on the very last day they were offering the 40% off AP rate bacjk in December. I was hoping for a deeper discount at some point til check-in, but now the rooms may all be full with transplants.

Maybe Disney could have given the paying Poly guests the upgrades to better views or CL, then filled in with POR RR-ers, based on what rate they paid for POR. I'm not sure there's any category at POR that would equate to Poly TPV CL, not many anyway! Oh well at any rate, I'm going to The Poly in 56 days and gosh darn it I will LOVE my paid for Garden View room (she says with gritted teeth!)
__________________



AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:58 PM   #3009
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!
 
TaraPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 16,139

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkmom View Post
We live 5 min from Newtown Square! So he commutes every day? Yipes.
Good Lord no, he either works from home or is away traveling. It's a long day when he has to go to the office, he often stays over. It's about 65 miles one way, on turnpike & 476 traffic - it can be anywhere from a good hour on a great day, to 2 hours on a Friday night!
__________________



AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #3010
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran
 
BreezysMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Subs, Chicago
Posts: 1,636

Congrats to all the POR transplants! I think it is great that you are getting an opportunity to stay at the Poly. Planned to be spoiled

Being a veteran of this board I can see that guests who have stayed or have an impending stay at the Poly may feel a bit peeved by the upgrade talk. This is and has always been a wonderfully nice and welcoming thread! We have veterans from way back that pop in every once in a while and newbies excited and wanting to know everything there is to know. In 5 years on this thread I have never once seen a person flamed for a bad review. We listen, let them get it out and wait for them to move on. This just means more Poly for us Poly lovers

Heck, I met my dearest and most wonderful friends on this thread

I think questions and wanting information is great and we want to share our knowledge.......but to keep the peace on one of the best threads on the DIS, maybe you may want to start your own thread to talk about your upgrades? Last fall there were a bunch of us heading to the Poly the same week so we started our own thread to discuss meeting up and our excitement because we were overtaking the thread with our Poly party.

This way no hard feelings from original Poly guests and you guys can celebrate without a flame or two being thrown at you and we can keep the Poly love with a our new friends to join us

Happy planning and again congrats on your upgrades
__________________
DH Me (Teri) DD (13) Poly Maeve
10/07 Poly
12/08 Poly CL
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF




Last edited by BreezysMom; 01-11-2012 at 08:26 PM.
BreezysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:14 PM   #3011
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,767

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
I'm all for pixie dust. I think the frustration is this - for a 4-week period or so, all the POR Royal Room-ers (you could start your own club LOL) are being moved to Poly. So me, being a paid guest during that time, who could only afford to book Garden View at booking, now has little to no chance to upgrade at check-in. Whether it be a comp pixie dust upgrade (rare, I know), or to pay for an upgrade, since the rooms that had been empty are now filled with POR RR'ers, my chances are slim to none. Yes I should have booked CL at booking if that's what I wanted, I get that, but funds at the time limited me to Garden View. I booked on the very last day they were offering the 40% off AP rate bacjk in December. I was hoping for a deeper discount at some point til check-in, but now the rooms may all be full with transplants.

Maybe Disney could have given the paying Poly guests the upgrades to better views or CL, then filled in with POR RR-ers, based on what rate they paid for POR. I'm not sure there's any category at POR that would equate to Poly TPV CL, not many anyway! Oh well at any rate, I'm going to The Poly in 56 days and gosh darn it I will LOVE my paid for Garden View room (she says with gritted teeth!)
Here is some good news, The Royal Rooms are supposed to be ready the tenth, so all the POR people should be out of the area by then.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #3012
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,767

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezysMom View Post
Congrats to all the POR transplants! I think it is great that you are getting an opportunity to stay at the Poly. Planned to be spoiled

Being a veteran of this board I can see that guests who have stayed or have an impending stay at the Poly may feel a bit peeved by the upgrade talk. This is and has always been a wonderfully nice and welcoming thread! We have veterans from way back that pop in every once in a while and newbies excited and wanting to know everything there is to know. In 5 years on this thread I have never once seen a person flamed for a bad review. We listen, let them get it out and wait for them to move on. This just means more Poly for us Poly lovers

Heck, I met my dearest and most wonderful friends on this thread

I think questions and wanting information is great and we want to share our knowledge.......but to keep the peace on one of the best threads on the DIS, maybe you may want to start your own thread to talk about your upgrades? Last fall there were a bunch of us heading to the Poly the same week so we started our own thread to discuss meeting up and our excitement because we were overtaking the thread with our Poly party.

This way no hard feelings from original Poly guests and you guys can celebrating without a flame or two being thrown at you and we can keep the Poly love with a our new friends to join us

Happy planning and again congrats on your upgrades
Someone here did try, and they just flamed them in their own thread for it. But I can understand, but if this upgrade makes my family a regular at the poly, then I guess I could be a part of it. I mean I have always wanted to try this place out. Now we can. Next year I could very well be a GV or LV regular. But I am not here to just stay and leave. Next trip might even already be planned before we leave. Thank you so much for your warm welcome, and attempt to keep the peace. I do appreciate it and certainly didn't see a problem but now I will just blend in and try to be a contributing part of this thread.

Thank you.

D
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:30 PM   #3013
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!
 
maiapapaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: southwestern ON
Posts: 2,469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynamewastaken View Post
Again, not our fault. Who can blame us for being excited? We are all grown people here so lets all just get along!
Quote:
Here is some good news, The Royal Rooms are supposed to be ready the tenth, so all the POR people should be out of the area by then.
I think the issue is this ... WDW booked rooms that they could not complete in time for their reserved guests. To compensate they have upgraded them to a deluxe resort. Nobody begrudges you that. WDW screwed up/couldn't deliver on what they promised. They are making good. However, you could maybe show some understanding for people that have paid to be at the Poly being a bit upset. We now have people who booked GV POR being upgraded to Poly TPV and one from POR riverview to Poly CL TPV (that is an upgrade of $580/night on rack rate!!) You might understand how that would really hit a nerve for people. It's also one thing to be given an upgrade, but another when given an upgrade (to a deluxe) and then trying to max out and expect to be upgraded further to CL (I know Venomhatch was offered the CL, and others have paid for the upgrade, but there seems to be an undertone of encouraging others to try to get it for free, ie. leaving notes at the desk to ask for the same for others).

As BreezysMom said, of course you are all welcome here. This is one of the friendlier DIS threads (most of the time!) The issue isn't that you've been moved to the Poly by WDW because of the POR rooms not being ready. The issue isn't people not wanting guests from another resort being there. But you can't expect that people aren't going to be upset hearing about all of these big upgrades, some of which seem to be way overcompensating for the "inconvenience". Maybe just show some sensitivity for those who paid a lot of money to book the Poly and will not be receiving several hundred $/night upgrades.
__________________

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
maiapapaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #3014
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!
 
TaraPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 16,139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Here is some good news, The Royal Rooms are supposed to be ready the tenth, so all the POR people should be out of the area by then.
Drats - I'm only there 2 nts - the 6th & 7th!! Maybe we could make it a game - who can spot the transplants LOL!! Then they have to buy me a drink!
__________________



AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:46 PM   #3015
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 3,375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Well I didn't ask what building, because when they called I already knew what building I wanted. I told the Disney team member then I started posting here. I know I asked what the differences was between that level and CL. But that was today. I was immediately offered TPV because of the view I paid for at POR. They don't look at the price in this case they. They look at what they promised the guests. I just asked about the Hawaii Building and they gave it to me. So sorry I just want to drop it. I wont be asking or seeming like want anything else. Promise. Cant we just get a long. You all have been great in giving info, suggestions, and drink suggestions also.
Just want to make a statement, as a Disney Travel Planner myself, I don't see how they could try and give you "what you paid for" when there are no TPV's at POR. If you had paid for a pool view then they could have given you a lagoon view without the club level. Just sayin...

I just think the Poly is a big enough upgrade to make up for the POR reno's. If they want to offer the upgrades they need to offer it to those already staying at the Poly to make room for the POR transfers. Like they do on the cruise line... if you pay for a lower room you have the opportunity to get upgraded, but to do so they upgrade those who paid for the better room to an even better room. That makes sense to me. Give those who paid for a Poly GV room or a TPV room an upgrade to CL and make room in the basic GV rooms for the transplants.

Thanks just my thoughts.
princssdisnygina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: