Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2011, 01:21 PM   #256
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

*SIGH* Just wanted to check in and say I wish I was there, am jealous of those there now, (logpey, I'm looking at you here, LOL), and am jealous of those going soon. I just keep repeating to myself like a new mantra....

"The Boardwalk will be ok....The Boardwalk will be ok...."

crostorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:38 PM   #257
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missus Toad View Post

Love both! Thanks for sharing. I really do miss the old Poly loop music. Anyone else?
The new one isn't bad, just not as good.
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2011, 01:58 PM   #258
guitarob
Polynesian Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
My thoughts exactly!

When we get to heaven, We'll hear "ALOHA!" 2010 Trip Report

1978, 1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1990 & 1993: Family trips to the Polynesian,
2001 - All Star Music, 2006 - Polynesian, 2008 - Honeymoon at the Polynesian, 2009 - Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2010 - Another Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2012 - Yet ANOTHER Anniversary at the Polynesian and a Christmas trip to the Polynesian!! 2014 - Christmas at the Polynesian!
guitarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:03 PM   #259
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post
*SIGH* Just wanted to check in and say I wish I was there, am jealous of those there now, (logpey, I'm looking at you here, LOL), and am jealous of those going soon. I just keep repeating to myself like a new mantra....

"The Boardwalk will be ok....The Boardwalk will be ok...."
Just don't look at "It" and all will be good!
Old 07-25-2011, 02:16 PM   #260
TinkerBelle_325
WDW Destination Blog owner and CSR FAQ thread runner!

Just checking in to look at my ticker...68 days until our next stay at the Poly!

I'm listening to the music on Tikiman's site and wishing that I was on my balcony facing sevens seas lagoon & Cinderella's castle watching the boats
UPCOMING TRIP REPORT: What's this? What's this? A Halloween AND Christmas TR? Oct/Nov 2014
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! Oct/Nov 2014~
TinkerBelle_325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:16 PM   #261
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

I'm also interested in knowing which cabana is the 'better' cabana. Out of the two regular ones (not the deluxe), which one has the better view of the pool? That is what I am more concerned about - keeping an eye on the kids!

I'm aware of the general location (we used to pop a squat at one of the umbrella tables that was in that location - precabana!) but am not clear on which one is where and if one opens up with a better view to the pool or the castle.

And I don't want to jinx anything but I MIGHT be going to the Poly this fall. I have to wait just another 2 weeks to figure some things out with work and determine what time is the best. BUT the good news is that DH backed out on our 10 year anniversary trip. Good news, yes! Because he OWES me Actually, the harvest in Montana is going to be really good this year but later than usual so he'll have to be up there to work during our anniversary. This is totally acceptable - it's the family farm - but he's going to owe me for it I was thinking of a weekend by myself for food & wine festival but if we can't go on our anniversary trip, I'm going to drag him and the kids to Disney. Well, if we stay at the Poly, I don't have to drag DH at all - he loves it there! And it's never difficult to get the kids to go to Disney and they ADORE the Poly!!

Sorry for rambling, I'm excited but trying to keep it to a normal level until I am actually able to book it (and that horrible 'IF' I am able to book it!)

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:33 PM   #262
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
I'm also interested in knowing which cabana is the 'better' cabana. Out of the two regular ones (not the deluxe), which one has the better view of the pool? That is what I am more concerned about - keeping an eye on the kids!

I'm aware of the general location (we used to pop a squat at one of the umbrella tables that was in that location - precabana!) but am not clear on which one is where and if one opens up with a better view to the pool or the castle.

And I don't want to jinx anything but I MIGHT be going to the Poly this fall. I have to wait just another 2 weeks to figure some things out with work and determine what time is the best. BUT the good news is that DH backed out on our 10 year anniversary trip. Good news, yes! Because he OWES me Actually, the harvest in Montana is going to be really good this year but later than usual so he'll have to be up there to work during our anniversary. This is totally acceptable - it's the family farm - but he's going to owe me for it I was thinking of a weekend by myself for food & wine festival but if we can't go on our anniversary trip, I'm going to drag him and the kids to Disney. Well, if we stay at the Poly, I don't have to drag DH at all - he loves it there! And it's never difficult to get the kids to go to Disney and they ADORE the Poly!!

Sorry for rambling, I'm excited but trying to keep it to a normal level until I am actually able to book it (and that horrible 'IF' I am able to book it!)
I honestly think the regular cabanas each give an equal view of the pool, they are in the same spot, they are just both angled differently. The one is angled better to see the slide, and the other is angled better to see the grotto area. Neither has a view of the castle, you have to pay for the premium for that.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #263
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Just don't look at "It" and all will be good!
I keep saying "They all float down here" in a whispery, throaty voice and shuddering....

Old 07-25-2011, 03:12 PM   #264
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I keep saying "They all float down here" in a whispery, throaty voice and shuddering....
I thank you in advance for the nightmares.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:38 PM   #265
Missus Toad
Amazing! She actually stays awake during the Hall of Presidents!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarob View Post
My thoughts exactly!
I get that they want to update things now and again, but I don't see why they couldn't put all of the songs, old and new, on a longer loop.

Most recent 8/21/13-8/31/13 at GF and Poly.

Missus Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:36 PM   #266
marlaine8
Mouseketeer

The music in the 2nd utube video-is that the old music or the new music? That first song is my absolute favorite! Can't wait until Sept!
marlaine8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:22 PM   #267
BeeBeeCee
Earning My Ears

I can't wait till September either! ....i wish it would hurry up and get here
Old 07-25-2011, 09:26 PM   #268
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missus Toad View Post
I get that they want to update things now and again, but I don't see why they couldn't put all of the songs, old and new, on a longer loop.
I agree! I like both loops! (maybe the old slightly better!)

Guitarob - are you and TheNewMrsB going back again in September??? I'm trying to swing an October trip - we will see!

Ok, question...don't laugh but I've never been to the Spirit of Aloha show I've been to a luau in Hawaii and I've been scared to go to the show because of the 'cheesy' comments but I really want to go, even if it is a little corny! Does it matter if you sit in category 1, 2, or 3?

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:35 PM   #269
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I thank you in advance for the nightmares.
Add me to the "will have nightmares" list. But beforehand, I'm seriously at you both. Whoever built that pool is clearly an avid Stephen King fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBeeCee View Post
I can't wait till September either! ....i wish it would hurry up and get here
Let us do the "Please September, PLEASE?" dance together. It's vaguely reminiscent of the pee pee dance...
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:37 PM   #270
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
I agree! I like both loops! (maybe the old slightly better!)

Guitarob - are you and TheNewMrsB going back again in September??? I'm trying to swing an October trip - we will see!

Ok, question...don't laugh but I've never been to the Spirit of Aloha show I've been to a luau in Hawaii and I've been scared to go to the show because of the 'cheesy' comments but I really want to go, even if it is a little corny! Does it matter if you sit in category 1, 2, or 3?
I actually love the SoA show. Only the first half is cheesy, and it is REALLY cheesy, but the second half is amazing. And the food was delicious, and it's the only place on property outside of club level where you can get free beer and wine.

We sat in Cat 1 seats, but we were at the end of the Cat 1 tables, so our view wasn't all that great, I think Cat 2 seats, closest to the railing would be best. If you pay for Cat 1, insist on being seated right in front.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: