Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2011, 08:55 AM   #2536
vanillarum
DIS Veteran

Susiesnowflake, perfectly stated !! Have a great trip !!
AUG '07 POLYNESIAN
DEC '11 POLYNESIAN
JAN "12 AS MOVIES
AUG '13 AS MOVIES

vanillarum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:07 AM   #2537
shocky5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesnowflake View Post
2 days for me! Everything Poly is vividly dancing in my head... that left at the light, passing the TTC, taking the right at the Polynesian sign, telling the guard we are checking in and hearing aloha and welcome home (14th stay for us!), smiling a smile a mile long as we walk to the GCH and guest check-in, seeing the beautiful landscaping and flowers, smelling all those Poly smells, hearing the monorail whirring by overhead, hearing the train whistle across the lagoon and the ferry as it shuttles people back and forth, hearing the busy background sounds in the GCH, singing along with the resort holiday loop, walking those meandering pathways lined with tiki torches to our longhouse, feeling sad for those guests carting their luggage to the parking lot and DME stop for return home, and being so, so excited that it is our 1st day and that we are back!
I loved reading this post! But it sooo makes my 19 days seem that much longer! Have a great time!!!

The Last of the OCD Type A Planners to get her TR started - December 2011 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post43707322

Feb'15*PHM*AKL*May'14*AOA Vacation*Dec'11*Poly Xmas*May'09*Poly Vacation*June'07*Poly Vacation*Feb'89*MK-EP*offsite*June'88*Disneyland*offsite*February'88* EP*offsite
shocky5 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2011, 10:24 AM   #2538
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Has anyone heard anything recently about a volcano slide refurb? Last I heard was from IPO and they said probably January but they could not confirm when it was officially scheduled to start. I'm still holding out hope that it won't happen as I have yet to see it on any of the refurb lists
I hope it's not happening when we go...my DD is so excited to go on the volcano slide again!
Old 11-26-2011, 11:03 AM   #2539
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkmom View Post
I hope it's not happening when we go...my DD is so excited to go on the volcano slide again!
Me too! This is what I got from IPO when I asked about a possible pool refurb I'd heard about during our dates (which are 1/14-1/20)

Aloha!

As of right now, we are planning to refurbish the water slide not the entire pool. Those tentative dates do sound right but as of right now the entire pool will not be closed just the slide. We do not have confirmed date information as of now. We do know that is will take 6 weeks for the slide.
Please contact us if you have any further questions or requests.
Mahalo,

But again, since i have yet to see anything on a refurb schedule, I'm wondering how accurate this is. Wish I could get some more info!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:51 PM   #2540
alnina
Earning My Ears

I got a pin in the mail today and it saved me 1500 on our rooms. We are going in March and I am soo greatful for the discount. We stayed at the Poly last visit and LOVED it. Grandkids were over for Thanksgiving and we are all looking forward to our HAPPY PLACE.
alnina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:07 PM   #2541
raider97
DIS Veteran

Getting my lists ready for our trip and I was wondering if there was a place to hang the kids stockings? We took them to POR two years ago and the kids want to take them again this year. Thanks for the help!

Stephanie
raider97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:48 AM   #2542
guarn3md
DIS Veteran

Hey all. Got back very late last night. Trip was awesome, as usual. This was our first time staying at Poly. It was good. I had requested 3rd Floor in Tokelau - for no other reason than it seemed central to everything. We got our request, sort of...2nd floor Tokelau with connecting room to my parents. We had room 2933 and they had 2934. The rooms were good, view was good, location was good. We took advantage of all forms of transport - boat, monorail from GCH and TTC and one afternoon we had a race between the Poly boat and the TTC ferry leaving MK. The kids and I (Poly boat) beat DH (TTC ferry) back to the room by a nose. We also had a rental car that we used for HS and AK so no busses for us again this trip.
Wasn't impressed with housekeeping - no special towels or anything cutesy for kids when we returned. A few days we didn't even get the room serviced until after 4pm! Kind of weird to return to the room around 2:30/3:00 and find the beds unmade, etc. Housekeeping staff didn't seem to be too friendly. And last I was really surprised by how small Captain Cooks is and how crowded it can get, especially at 8am!! Wow!!
On the plus side - kids LOVED the pool. DS (age 10) said the pool was sooo much better than WL! The GV was pretty good. I liked the large balcony and the rooms were huge! Much, much bigger than WL. I didn't like the disconnected feeling of the longhouses...like the atmosphere of the WL better. But I all-in-all I was impressed with the Poly. I think that some of my feelings about the level of service is that the last two stays I have had at a Disney resort have been club level - WL and BC. I would still rank WL as my favorite and then Poly, Beach Club remains my least favorite resort. Although - we walked through there on our way to the International Gateway and I LOVE the SMELL of the lobby!
Kids took advantage of the bonfire and movie with my parents, when DH and I went out with all my cousins/hubbys to Epcot. They swam in the pool almost every afternoon. DH used the workout facility at GF. We ate at all the restaurants in Poly and all were fantastic as usual.
Any questions let me know...
Post Disney Depression has definitely hit...but good to know I only have 126 days till I am back...
Debbie
guarn3md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:39 AM   #2543
vanillarum
DIS Veteran

AUG '07 POLYNESIAN
DEC '11 POLYNESIAN
JAN "12 AS MOVIES
AUG '13 AS MOVIES

vanillarum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:40 AM   #2544
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

60 days until we are on the plane heading to our favorite place!
Old 11-27-2011, 02:47 PM   #2545
Kona65
Taking it slow and easy!

I can't wait for that first pot of pressed KONA Coffee.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:56 PM   #2546
raider97
DIS Veteran

I am getting ready to place my order from garden grocer and I was wondering what type of drinks are offered for the refillable mugs at the Poly.

TIA!

Stephanie
raider97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:15 AM   #2547
shocky5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raider97 View Post
I am getting ready to place my order from garden grocer and I was wondering what type of drinks are offered for the refillable mugs at the Poly.

TIA!

Stephanie
It's been a couple of years for us but we were able to get coffee, sodas, and whatever else were in Captain Cooks - I don't recall if there was like powerade or tea but I'd be surprised if there wasn't... as you can see from what we 'refilled' with... we are caffeine junkies!

The Last of the OCD Type A Planners to get her TR started - December 2011 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post43707322

Feb'15*PHM*AKL*May'14*AOA Vacation*Dec'11*Poly Xmas*May'09*Poly Vacation*June'07*Poly Vacation*Feb'89*MK-EP*offsite*June'88*Disneyland*offsite*February'88* EP*offsite
shocky5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:22 AM   #2548
nadira36
DIS Veteran

less than 24hrs until take off!

I dreamed of the poly last night - though it wasn't necessarily good. I dreamed we arrived and they had a problem with the system and accidentally ae our vacation away to someone else - and decided they'd just give us theres - but their vacation was no where near as nice. In my dream she looked at both resizes and said "oh my, it looks like you were being upgraded to club level. I'm sure they're really enjoying that." Oh and it looks like you'll now be staying a day less, but it'll be okay, we're giving you park hoppers."

I'm sure nothing like that could possibly happen, but boy did it make for a long night.

Even though the 60s aren't that cold, even though we'll still use the pool, I wish the temps would be better. We're having a warm spell here - so instead of a 30degree spread in temp (like I prefer) we're getting a 6-10 degree difference. And I'm a Floridian at heart so my blood prefers 80s-90s for temps. (yep we normally travel during love bug season).

80s/90s various trips with family, never stayed at a resort hotel. 2001 - seasonal CM for a summer. 2007 - convinced DH to take the first trip. Stayed at CSR for 10 days. 3 toddlers 6 adults 2009 - second trip. ASMo for 5 days. 2 Adults 2 toddlers. 2010 - 4 adults 4.5 children. 7 days Pop. 2011 - We can't afford to go to Disney this year. So we're only staying at the Poly for 8 nights. If it's gonna be on credit, might as well make it worthwhile. 2012 - Back to the Poly for 10 days 2 adults 3 kids 2013 - First AKL stay only 5 night 2 adults 3.5 children2014 POR/AKL CL split stay 9 nights 2 adults 4 children plus guests
nadira36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:30 PM   #2549
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raider97 View Post

TIA!

Stephanie
They have the regular sodas, but my kids lived on the Light Raspberry Lemonade at the Poly 2 years ago. We liked the Unsweetened Iced Tea too.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:45 PM   #2550
momminnie
DIS Veteran

Can you tell me the best area to request a room that is close to the main building?
My Disney trips: 1st trip 1986-off site, DS1 1st trip 1993-off site,1996-off site, 2001 DH & DS2 1st trip ASMU, 2002 PORS, 2007 WL family trip, 2009 PORS trip with friends, 2010 CBR, 2012 POL POFQ 2014,
momminnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: