Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2011, 05:35 PM   #241
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by logpey View Post
Ok, Picture this right now sipping a Pina Colava at cabana/ full day while pool games are going on, enjoying the sunny weather - temperatures great. I will post pics later tonight probably....

Yesterday arrived at 7am early, was able to check in (sorta) was able to go to CL lounge and use of facility because all computer system was down at resort, so they were able to cut keys for me but no room number because its all on comp and they didn't no which room or if clean yet. I was driven over in golf cart but I was asked first if I wanted to walk or ride, I said ride please because last yr we walked. Our rooms were not available till almost 2pm even though computers came back up about 9:30am and we had to check with them no one texted us.( I know reg check in is at 3, but orig they acted as if we were getting in soon) we were just tired and really ready to get settled in. Kathy in CL seemed a little lost- as if she were new, even though she's been here a while, last year she tried to get us in Luau, unsucessfully, we are booked this Wednesday night (I know--she is nice).
I'm looking at things with a critical eye this yr, by total chance we were given the same room as last year, I find that crazy-my request was for 1st floor and we got exact room-- mudhole and all! The grass outside all garden view CL room is high because saturated with rain water ( I understand that). I noticed carpet in CL hall could use a good scrubbing, I walked in room and light above pic was sideways also by toilet area wallpaper peeling a bit. I know normal wear and tear, just noticing things that's all! CL Lounge, alot of piggies out & about, I believe most were eating dinner last night not just appetizers (doesn't really bother me, as long as I get my share) Alot, alot of drinkers and they started early like right at 11:30am, knocking on door again & again for the sweet old man to give them wine, beer anything! Sloppy people everywhere, leaving tables dirty. Sorry I'm just giving my honest observation ( I am a glass half full person, normally) It is crowded at resort, but it is the weekend, so I expected it to be. The quiet pool looks nice and grounds overall beautiful and hammacks great as usual, OH, I've already enjoyed some Pina Colavas for everyone and they were delicious -- Any questions? Capt' Cooks, good, fast service. Im at cabana now on laptop, I've been here since 10am, I surprised the family, they love it so much, I booked it again for Wednesday. They did not have my little surprises from room service I ordered through CL in room when arrived, it was there later that evening when we arrived from HS.

Volcano Pool note: some people have blue wristbands on and some do not- I asked life guard where do I get mine, he said " Everyone doesn't have one, we ask some people to show room keys and if they can't provide one, they leave..." Still not sure why some people have them, my theory is all or none ... Are they judging people by how they look -- isn't that called profiling? Lol.
You may look Wednesday... but when we had the cabana in May there were wristbands in the drawer above the fridge!
princssdisnygina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:35 PM   #242
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Quote:
Ok, Picture this right now sipping a Pina Colava at cabana/ full day while pool games are going on, enjoying the sunny weather - temperatures great. I will post pics later tonight probably....

Yesterday arrived at 7am early, was able to check in (sorta) was able to go to CL lounge and use of facility because all computer system was down at resort, so they were able to cut keys for me but no room number because its all on comp and they didn't no which room or if clean yet. I was driven over in golf cart but I was asked first if I wanted to walk or ride, I said ride please because last yr we walked. Our rooms were not available till almost 2pm even though computers came back up about 9:30am and we had to check with them no one texted us.( I know reg check in is at 3, but orig they acted as if we were getting in soon) we were just tired and really ready to get settled in. Kathy in CL seemed a little lost- as if she were new, even though she's been here a while, last year she tried to get us in Luau, unsucessfully, we are booked this Wednesday night (I know--she is nice).
I'm looking at things with a critical eye this yr, by total chance we were given the same room as last year, I find that crazy-my request was for 1st floor and we got exact room-- mudhole and all! The grass outside all garden view CL room is high because saturated with rain water ( I understand that). I noticed carpet in CL hall could use a good scrubbing, I walked in room and light above pic was sideways also by toilet area wallpaper peeling a bit. I know normal wear and tear, just noticing things that's all! CL Lounge, alot of piggies out & about, I believe most were eating dinner last night not just appetizers (doesn't really bother me, as long as I get my share) Alot, alot of drinkers and they started early like right at 11:30am, knocking on door again & again for the sweet old man to give them wine, beer anything! Sloppy people everywhere, leaving tables dirty. Sorry I'm just giving my honest observation ( I am a glass half full person, normally) It is crowded at resort, but it is the weekend, so I expected it to be. The quiet pool looks nice and grounds overall beautiful and hammacks great as usual, OH, I've already enjoyed some Pina Colavas for everyone and they were delicious -- Any questions? Capt' Cooks, good, fast service. Im at cabana now on laptop, I've been here since 10am, I surprised the family, they love it so much, I booked it again for Wednesday. They did not have my little surprises from room service I ordered through CL in room when arrived, it was there later that evening when we arrived from HS.

Volcano Pool note: some people have blue wristbands on and some do not- I asked life guard where do I get mine, he said " Everyone doesn't have one, we ask some people to show room keys and if they can't provide one, they leave..." Still not sure why some people have them, my theory is all or none ... Are they judging people by how they look -- isn't that called profiling? Lol.

Sorry for the rough start and disappointed that they are not consistant with the wrist bands. I agree with them needing to do this for all Poly guests.

So since you are booking the cabana for another day....sell me on what is so great about this?! I enjoy the sunshine (so I'm not looking for the shade), I would like to be able to see the youngest DD5 while in the pool, but not worried about being overcrowded in the regular areas, also I do not want to be on electronics while relaxing by the pool....so what do you like about it?
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

1971DBday is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2011, 07:11 PM   #243
momtobrynncess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarob View Post
For those interested, I posted a couple of videos on YouTube that I took on our past two vacations. There's not a lot of action going on in these videos, but plenty of Poly atmosphere to soak in.

The first one is about 10 minutes of atmosphere taken in 2010 from the patio of room 1512 in the Hawaii building. All live sounds as heard on the patio, no overdubbing or anything like that. The music is a little muddled, but the sounds from the boats are great.

The second one is about 3 1/2 minutes taken in 2009 from the balcony of 3503, also in Hawaii, and features my favorite song from the old Poly loop. Again, it is all live sound from the balcony, and the music came out really well.

I like to just sit and stare at these and watch the boats go by when I need to "go away" for a little while. I thought someone else might enjoy them as well.
OMG!!!! Thanks so much for those Rob!!! That is exactly what is needed sometimes!! (Now) The first one is good because the view is nice. The second one is nice because of the music. I could go back and forth all day with those. It really does make me feel like I'm there.......thanks very much for sharing those......
5/97 CR Tower-8/98 CR-10/99 GF-9/2000 CR-9/01 CR (got engaged!-9/02 CR/Married at Wedding Pavilion-9/03 CR-9/04 GF/CR-9/05 WL-1/06 CR-9/06 OKW-2/07 CR (got upgraded to Concierge!)-9/07 CR-9/08 Poly-11/2009 Poly-9/2010 Poly-8/11 Poly-8/2012 CSR-8/13 Poly
Me dh dd ddog

momtobrynncess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:53 PM   #244
logpey
Disney or bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post
MMmmm....Pina Colavas. Sure could use one about now. Thnx for posting live for us Poly junkies. Question: Can you see the construction walls for the new GF DVC from the Poly? Anything "happening" over there?
Not from the Poly, but I will look better tomorrow. I haven't seen anything but the normal beautiful view.. If I notice anything different I will let u know.
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
logpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:05 AM   #245
logpey
Disney or bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebride View Post
Thank you for the live report!! I am unbelievably jealous of your cabana!!

If you don't mind, could you report on the concierge lounge food offerings? Do they have a printed weekly menu you might be able to report on? I noticed the other one on here is from a few years ago. I would love to see what they are serving lately. Thanks!
I will pay more attention tomorrow but normal veggies with dip, caramel sauce with pineapple, different cheeses with crackers, strawberries, duck potstickers, asian slaw, mini corn dogs, bacon wrapped something(my hubby ate it) mostly same stuff as last yr, maybe less, hummus, pita bread, goldfish crackers, gummy bears ( I haven't seen my gummy sharks yet) yogurt pretzels, cookies, trash mix. Thats all off top of head.
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
Old 07-25-2011, 12:09 AM   #246
logpey
Disney or bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princssdisnygina View Post
You may look Wednesday... but when we had the cabana in May there were wristbands in the drawer above the fridge!
We actually looked in drawer and we found a live waterbug running around, I screamed -- thankfully food was far away, Yucky!
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
Old 07-25-2011, 12:41 AM   #247
logpey
Disney or bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post
Sorry for the rough start and disappointed that they are not consistant with the wrist bands. I agree with them needing to do this for all Poly guests.

So since you are booking the cabana for another day....sell me on what is so great about this?! I enjoy the sunshine (so I'm not looking for the shade), I would like to be able to see the youngest DD5 while in the pool, but not worried about being overcrowded in the regular areas, also I do not want to be on electronics while relaxing by the pool....so what do you like about it?
I liked having a main hub for kids to return to that would'nt get taken from me, also the room was amazing, alot of different places to sit or layout some in shade, full sun or covered canopy with ceiling fan after laying out. Felt I had a safer place to leave personal belongings, stocked fridge great on hot day also Heather real nice attendant, but didn't really use her, ate lunch and dinner appetizers at table in cabana. Overall nice place to enjoy a day at pool and feel a little pampered...

Oh and hubby loved tv, he fell asleep watching it on couch for a bit. We were there from 10:45am-7:00pm. Being able to watch my kids in pool or go down slide was awesome, I was so relaxed knowing they were safe and I could see them and let them have a little space.
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani

Last edited by logpey; 07-25-2011 at 12:50 AM.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:59 AM   #248
nala1128
Huge Disney Fan!

Quote:
For those interested, I posted a couple of videos on YouTube that I took on our past two vacations. There's not a lot of action going on in these videos, but plenty of Poly atmosphere to soak in.

The first one is about 10 minutes of atmosphere taken in 2010 from the patio of room 1512 in the Hawaii building. All live sounds as heard on the patio, no overdubbing or anything like that. The music is a little muddled, but the sounds from the boats are great.

The second one is about 3 1/2 minutes taken in 2009 from the balcony of 3503, also in Hawaii, and features my favorite song from the old Poly loop. Again, it is all live sound from the balcony, and the music came out really well.

I like to just sit and stare at these and watch the boats go by when I need to "go away" for a little while. I thought someone else might enjoy them as well.
Thanks for sharing the link to these... loved watching the both. Def helps set the mood for the upcoming trip!!!
Old 07-25-2011, 08:02 AM   #249
nala1128
Huge Disney Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtobrynncess View Post
We will be the ones with dd8 who has to have one of the longest hair wraps in history!! It's just about down to her waist!! She got it done in Hershey a few days ago, and I'm sure she will still have it next month!
Sounds good!!! Sure we will see you at the volcano pool! Counting the days now Woo Hoo!!!!
Old 07-25-2011, 09:33 AM   #250
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

So jealous of logpey right now.. LOVING her pics and updates on twitter tho!

Can yall believe the lady that punched her child last week in MK? My heart goes out to that child, hoping he is safe now and stays safe!

Wishing I was in the quiet pool right now..
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:14 AM   #251
Missus Toad
Amazing! She actually stays awake during the Hall of Presidents!

Quote:

Love both! Thanks for sharing. I really do miss the old Poly loop music. Anyone else?

Most recent 8/21/13-8/31/13 at GF and Poly.

Missus Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:17 AM   #252
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I liked having a main hub for kids to return to that would'nt get taken from me, also the room was amazing, alot of different places to sit or layout some in shade, full sun or covered canopy with ceiling fan after laying out. Felt I had a safer place to leave personal belongings, stocked fridge great on hot day also Heather real nice attendant, but didn't really use her, ate lunch and dinner appetizers at table in cabana. Overall nice place to enjoy a day at pool and feel a little pampered...

Oh and hubby loved tv, he fell asleep watching it on couch for a bit. We were there from 10:45am-7:00pm. Being able to watch my kids in pool or go down slide was awesome, I was so relaxed knowing they were safe and I could see them and let them have a little space.
So which cabana do you like best? Thinking of seeing if they have one available next week

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:15 AM   #253
WJD2011
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtobrynncess View Post
Which longhouse did you request?
We requested Tuvalu, one of three choices for Theme Park view, starting on August 13, with Tahiti a close second choice. We have an 18 month old son who is a light sleeper, so we wanted to be close to the action, but not too close to Luau Clove or the monorails. Based on my research there are pluses and minuses to each longhouse.

Note, I would advise people to periodically check the completeness and accuracy of your reservations, requests, etc. We were originally going to stay off-Disney for August 13, but we decided to switch to the Poly for the entire trip due to the logistics of transferring our children, luggage, groceries, etc. I got a 20% AAA discount for August 13, with lower rate kicking in under a separate reservation starting on August 14.

We found out the following errors yesterday when we booked for August 13 at the Poly. They had the wrong longhouse request (Tokelu-which doesn't even have theme park views), vague reference to Oahu Cove which could have been interpreted as either requesting close to or far away from, a crib vs. pak n play and few other errors.
WJD2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:27 AM   #254
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

In 58 days we will be in the Hawaii lounge at this very minute!
Old 07-25-2011, 11:31 AM   #255
Dizneefamily+4
Wish I could live in Cinderella's Castle!

We can officially do online check in as of today! 10 days until we're in Poly heaven! CAN'T WAIT!!!!! I'm currently fantasizing about lapu-lapus, leis, and Wishes from the Poly beach. And I should be working....
'10 - POR/WL
Aug. '11 - POLY
Aug. '12 - POFQ
Aug. '13 - POLY
Dizneefamily+4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: