Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2011, 07:51 PM   #226
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterA View Post
yep, I want one of those! So...what is in it, does anybody know (or care?) lol
You won't care... especially after the second (or third). That's when you put on your invisibility cloak.

Quote:
Disney's Polynesian Resort Lapu Lapu

1 ounce Myer's Rum
1/2 ounce Bacardi 151
Scorpion Mix (consists of half-and-half sour mix and orange juice)
Enough ice to chill it, crushed so it fits in the pineapple
Garnish: Cherry
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:06 PM   #227
ajh88
DIS Veteran

Doin' the single digit dance!!!

Only 9 more days until we leave!!!

OK, it is technically 12 days until we check in to the Poly for the FIRST TIME EVER...but I'm still since in 9 days from right now we will be on the road!

Woo Hoo!!!

ajh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2011, 10:49 PM   #228
PolyndianPrincessJes
Alias: TotalSnowWhite
I'm a Snapfish/Shutterfly/Winkflash addict
Yes, you totally can do that, and I do!!!

Was just checking on my reservations, and we've got 70 days!! Wow, this one came quickly! In all fairness, we did have a DL trip to tide us over last month, but it's crazy how time flies when you're not counting the days. We keep contemplating switching the first two nights to the Poly (we're at WL CL), but I think it's just this thread talking.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:59 AM   #229
mmtwinmama
Mouseketeer

subscribing
mmtwinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:35 AM   #230
ancestry
Trees Without Roots Fall Over

Hi Everyone!

Well we took the plug and switched resorts to the Poly (Club Level) for our December trip. I'm quite excited as the Poly is one of the few deluxes we haven't stayed at yet. I'm so excited. Our December trip is an early Christmas present for the kids. We never stayed at the Poly before because DH doesn't care for the theming. He is a GF kind of guy. Since DH isn't coming during the December trip the kids and I finally get our wish--to stay at the Poly.
ancestry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:46 AM   #231
nala1128
Huge Disney Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
NI should be getting our Mickey mail any day myself! Can't wait for my first Pina colava! Nala I guess we will see you in the CL!
LOVE Pina Colavas too!! We are arriving on the 23rd... got our Mickey Mail a few days ago so yours should be arriving soon!!!! I saw another thread for a DIS meet on 8/27 in the afternoon (I think it was 3PM) taking place in the POLY.. I am going to try and make it.. will you be there yet Blue??.. anyone else ??

Update... Here is the link for that thread about the DIS meet:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2736794
Old 07-24-2011, 07:51 AM   #232
momtobrynncess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofybabe View Post
I think it would be great if they had Kerig brewers in each room,its so conveinent just pop in pod and no mess.I also have a question for recent guests returning from vacations .Do you still get to hear all the beautiful music as you stroll the grounds ?I love walking around and hearing that and smelling all the gorgeous flowers there
Oh boy, that would be fantastic!!! I love my Keurig!! Sometimes I don't know what I ever did without it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nala1128 View Post
Got our WDW pack today with the luggage tagsThat means we are close I can almost hear the Poly music playing...

Looks like all of us NY/NJ people will be there at the same time!!!! I will be the one with the DH laying in the water by the zero entry I feel like our recent weather is good preparation for the humidity in Fla!![/QUOTE]

We will be the ones with dd8 who has to have one of the longest hair wraps in history!! It's just about down to her waist!! She got it done in Hershey a few days ago, and I'm sure she will still have it next month!
5/97 CR Tower-8/98 CR-10/99 GF-9/2000 CR-9/01 CR (got engaged!-9/02 CR/Married at Wedding Pavilion-9/03 CR-9/04 GF/CR-9/05 WL-1/06 CR-9/06 OKW-2/07 CR (got upgraded to Concierge!)-9/07 CR-9/08 Poly-11/2009 Poly-9/2010 Poly-8/11 Poly-8/2012 CSR-8/13 Poly
Me dh dd ddog

momtobrynncess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:00 AM   #233
disneysnowflake
DIS Veteran

Decided to book staying at Poly!! I'm so excited. It's weird the many times we've been to WDW, and I've only seen the Poly on the monorail. I've never been there.

I had a percentage off pin code good for value, mod and AKL or WL for specific dates. I was told my only choices available were values and 2 mods, no deluxe. I called last night and was told I could get just about any resort with my code, and was able to book Poly GV. It almost feels surreal. I cannot wait until October. I was going to stay offsite this time, but not anymore.

2014 we are renewing our wedding vows at WDW.
disneysnowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:19 AM   #234
momtobrynncess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneysnowflake View Post
Decided to book staying at Poly!! I'm so excited. It's weird the many times we've been to WDW, and I've only seen the Poly on the monorail. I've never been there.

I had a percentage off pin code good for value, mod and AKL or WL for specific dates. I was told my only choices available were values and 2 mods, no deluxe. I called last night and was told I could get just about any resort with my code, and was able to book Poly GV. It almost feels surreal. I cannot wait until October. I was going to stay offsite this time, but not anymore.
Congratulations!!! You will LOVE it at Poly!! Fair warning - you will be spoiled, and MAY not want to stay anywhere else.......

We were the same way as you once. We had only ever seen the Poly on the monorail. We had stayed at many other resorts, even on the monorail, but never experienced Poly. A few years ago, we said, let's just try it. It's certainly not going to be horrible - it's a deluxe. And if it's not our cup of tea, we can try a different resort next time. Well, after one stay, we were hooked! We had stayed at CR about a dozen times, and had thought that it was really our fav, until we tried Poly. It's just a very relaxed atmosphere, and it's a beautiful place! Congratulations on booking it!
5/97 CR Tower-8/98 CR-10/99 GF-9/2000 CR-9/01 CR (got engaged!-9/02 CR/Married at Wedding Pavilion-9/03 CR-9/04 GF/CR-9/05 WL-1/06 CR-9/06 OKW-2/07 CR (got upgraded to Concierge!)-9/07 CR-9/08 Poly-11/2009 Poly-9/2010 Poly-8/11 Poly-8/2012 CSR-8/13 Poly
Me dh dd ddog

Old 07-24-2011, 11:56 AM   #235
disneysnowflake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtobrynncess View Post
Congratulations!!! You will LOVE it at Poly!! Fair warning - you will be spoiled, and MAY not want to stay anywhere else.......

We were the same way as you once. We had only ever seen the Poly on the monorail. We had stayed at many other resorts, even on the monorail, but never experienced Poly. A few years ago, we said, let's just try it. It's certainly not going to be horrible - it's a deluxe. And if it's not our cup of tea, we can try a different resort next time. Well, after one stay, we were hooked! We had stayed at CR about a dozen times, and had thought that it was really our fav, until we tried Poly. It's just a very relaxed atmosphere, and it's a beautiful place! Congratulations on booking it!
Thanks. We've stayed at CR and BLT, and really liked it there. I cannot wait to check out the Poly. We made our room request, but I'm sure no matter where we are put we'll like it. Only 92 more days!!

2014 we are renewing our wedding vows at WDW.
disneysnowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:13 PM   #236
momtobrynncess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneysnowflake View Post
Thanks. We've stayed at CR and BLT, and really liked it there. I cannot wait to check out the Poly. We made our room request, but I'm sure no matter where we are put we'll like it. Only 92 more days!!
Which longhouse did you request?
Me dh dd ddog

Old 07-24-2011, 01:51 PM   #237
guitarob
Polynesian Obsessed

For those interested, I posted a couple of videos on YouTube that I took on our past two vacations. There's not a lot of action going on in these videos, but plenty of Poly atmosphere to soak in.

The first one is about 10 minutes of atmosphere taken in 2010 from the patio of room 1512 in the Hawaii building. All live sounds as heard on the patio, no overdubbing or anything like that. The music is a little muddled, but the sounds from the boats are great.

The second one is about 3 1/2 minutes taken in 2009 from the balcony of 3503, also in Hawaii, and features my favorite song from the old Poly loop. Again, it is all live sound from the balcony, and the music came out really well.

I like to just sit and stare at these and watch the boats go by when I need to "go away" for a little while. I thought someone else might enjoy them as well.

When we get to heaven, We'll hear "ALOHA!" 2010 Trip Report

1978, 1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1990 & 1993: Family trips to the Polynesian,
2001 - All Star Music, 2006 - Polynesian, 2008 - Honeymoon at the Polynesian, 2009 - Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2010 - Another Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2012 - Yet ANOTHER Anniversary at the Polynesian and a Christmas trip to the Polynesian!!!

Last edited by guitarob; 07-24-2011 at 02:03 PM.
guitarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:30 PM   #238
logpey
Disney or bust!

Red face Live Report

Ok, Picture this right now sipping a Pina Colava at cabana/ full day while pool games are going on, enjoying the sunny weather - temperatures great. I will post pics later tonight probably....

Yesterday arrived at 7am early, was able to check in (sorta) was able to go to CL lounge and use of facility because all computer system was down at resort, so they were able to cut keys for me but no room number because its all on comp and they didn't no which room or if clean yet. I was driven over in golf cart but I was asked first if I wanted to walk or ride, I said ride please because last yr we walked. Our rooms were not available till almost 2pm even though computers came back up about 9:30am and we had to check with them no one texted us.( I know reg check in is at 3, but orig they acted as if we were getting in soon) we were just tired and really ready to get settled in. Kathy in CL seemed a little lost- as if she were new, even though she's been here a while, last year she tried to get us in Luau, unsucessfully, we are booked this Wednesday night (I know--she is nice).
I'm looking at things with a critical eye this yr, by total chance we were given the same room as last year, I find that crazy-my request was for 1st floor and we got exact room-- mudhole and all! The grass outside all garden view CL room is high because saturated with rain water ( I understand that). I noticed carpet in CL hall could use a good scrubbing, I walked in room and light above pic was sideways also by toilet area wallpaper peeling a bit. I know normal wear and tear, just noticing things that's all! CL Lounge, alot of piggies out & about, I believe most were eating dinner last night not just appetizers (doesn't really bother me, as long as I get my share) Alot, alot of drinkers and they started early like right at 11:30am, knocking on door again & again for the sweet old man to give them wine, beer anything! Sloppy people everywhere, leaving tables dirty. Sorry I'm just giving my honest observation ( I am a glass half full person, normally) It is crowded at resort, but it is the weekend, so I expected it to be. The quiet pool looks nice and grounds overall beautiful and hammacks great as usual, OH, I've already enjoyed some Pina Colavas for everyone and they were delicious -- Any questions? Capt' Cooks, good, fast service. Im at cabana now on laptop, I've been here since 10am, I surprised the family, they love it so much, I booked it again for Wednesday. They did not have my little surprises from room service I ordered through CL in room when arrived, it was there later that evening when we arrived from HS.

Volcano Pool note: some people have blue wristbands on and some do not- I asked life guard where do I get mine, he said " Everyone doesn't have one, we ask some people to show room keys and if they can't provide one, they leave..." Still not sure why some people have them, my theory is all or none ... Are they judging people by how they look -- isn't that called profiling? Lol.
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/

Last edited by logpey; 07-24-2011 at 03:45 PM. Reason: add something else...
logpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:58 PM   #239
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by logpey View Post
Ok, Picture this right now sipping a Pina Colava at cabana/ full day while pool games are going on, enjoying the sunny weather - temperatures great. I will post pics later tonight probably....

Yesterday arrived at 7am early, was able to check in (sorta) was able to go to CL lounge and use of facility because all computer system was down at resort, so they were able to cut keys for me but no room number because its all on comp and they didn't no which room or if clean yet. I was driven over in golf cart but I was asked first if I wanted to walk or ride, I said ride please because last yr we walked. Our rooms were not available till almost 2pm even though computers came back up about 9:30am and we had to check with them no one texted us.( I know reg check in is at 3, but orig they acted as if we were getting in soon) we were just tired and really ready to get settled in. Kathy in CL seemed a little lost- as if she were new, even though she's been here a while, last year she tried to get us in Luau, unsucessfully, we are booked this Wednesday night (I know--she is nice).
I'm looking at things with a critical eye this yr, by total chance we were given the same room as last year, I find that crazy-my request was for 1st floor and we got exact room-- mudhole and all! The grass outside all garden view CL room is high because saturated with rain water ( I understand that). I noticed carpet in CL hall could use a good scrubbing, I walked in room and light above pic was sideways also by toilet area wallpaper peeling a bit. I know normal wear and tear, just noticing things that's all! CL Lounge, alot of piggies out & about, I believe most were eating dinner last night not just appetizers (doesn't really bother me, as long as I get my share) Alot, alot of drinkers and they started early like right at 11:30am, knocking on door again & again for the sweet old man to give them wine, beer anything! Sloppy people everywhere, leaving tables dirty. Sorry I'm just giving my honest observation ( I am a glass half full person, normally) It is crowded at resort, but it is the weekend, so I expected it to be. The quiet pool looks nice and grounds overall beautiful and hammacks great as usual, OH, I've already enjoyed some Pina Colavas for everyone and they were delicious -- Any questions? Capt' Cooks, good, fast service. Im at cabana now on laptop, I've been here since 10am, I surprised the family, they love it so much, I booked it again for Wednesday. They did not have my little surprises from room service I ordered through CL in room when arrived, it was there later that evening when we arrived from HS.

Volcano Pool note: some people have blue wristbands on and some do not- I asked life guard where do I get mine, he said " Everyone doesn't have one, we ask some people to show room keys and if they can't provide one, they leave..." Still not sure why some people have them, my theory is all or none ... Are they judging people by how they look -- isn't that called profiling? Lol.
MMmmm....Pina Colavas. Sure could use one about now. Thnx for posting live for us Poly junkies. Question: Can you see the construction walls for the new GF DVC from the Poly? Anything "happening" over there?

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Grace&Carolinesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:29 PM   #240
minniebride
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by logpey View Post

Thank you for the live report!! I am unbelievably jealous of your cabana!!

If you don't mind, could you report on the concierge lounge food offerings? Do they have a printed weekly menu you might be able to report on? I noticed the other one on here is from a few years ago. I would love to see what they are serving lately. Thanks!
minniebride is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: