Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2011, 09:53 PM   #196
momtobrynncess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmesq61 View Post
My gentleman caller (boyfriend sounds silly at our ages!) goes to the GCH and brings me back coffee from the Kona Island, which I have in bed while admiring the view, or, from the balcony while admiring the view. So send the man!!
Mine does the same for me (I call him dh). He knows I literally cannot pick my head up off the pillow without a caffeine infusion, he's so good that way. And he's an early riser - so thankful for him......

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimgof View Post
Logpey...Have a great trip!!!

Got our WDW pack today with the luggage tagsThat means we are close I can almost hear the Poly music playing...
Us too!!! I love when the luggage tags arrive! Hope to see you in the volcano pool!!!
5/97 CR Tower-8/98 CR-10/99 GF-9/2000 CR-9/01 CR (got engaged!-9/02 CR/Married at Wedding Pavilion-9/03 CR-9/04 GF/CR-9/05 WL-1/06 CR-9/06 OKW-2/07 CR (got upgraded to Concierge!)-9/07 CR-9/08 Poly-11/2009 Poly-9/2010 Poly-8/11 Poly-8/2012 CSR-8/13 Poly
Me dh dd ddog

momtobrynncess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:00 PM   #197
logpey
Disney or bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimgof View Post
Logpey...Have a great trip!!!

Got our WDW pack today with the luggage tagsThat means we are close I can almost hear the Poly music playing...

Thank you, we had a flat tire in the first three hrs, changed to full spare, then went to tire shop close by and bought new tire because for one we needed extra tire and second I wasn't about to pull up at the POLY with a spare with no rim on my car...We also stopped off at USS Alabama, my son loved it, then had a nice dinner and are near Tallahassee. Started out a little rough, then fun, car games and annoying one another, now getting quiet. Weather was fine, sunny with intermittent rain . Check-in tomorrow!
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
logpey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2011, 10:26 PM   #198
louierights7
Earning My Ears

That was such a nice resort. I begin to like it that's because you posted many photos where I can see how it was going to be. Thanks!
Old 07-22-2011, 11:26 PM   #199
BeeBeeCee
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by logpey View Post
Thank you, we had a flat tire in the first three hrs, changed to full spare, then went to tire shop close by and bought new tire because for one we needed extra tire and second I wasn't about to pull up at the POLY with a spare with no rim on my car...We also stopped off at USS Alabama, my son loved it, then had a nice dinner and are near Tallahassee. Started out a little rough, then fun, car games and annoying one another, now getting quiet. Weather was fine, sunny with intermittent rain . Check-in tomorrow!
OMG... a flat tire

Don't worry ....tomorrow will be much better ....all is good in mouseland!

Have FUN
Old 07-23-2011, 06:50 AM   #200
dizneechic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterA View Post
oooooh, I love this idea lol
unfortunately though my husband is not a commando type guy on vacation and I SO will be so I'll be getting up early to get the day rolling. He'd bring me coffee in bed but it would be on HIS time (like 10 a.m.) NO way! I have a feeling I will be bringing him coffee in bed to bribe him out of bed to get to the parks already!
I thought someone mentioned in the last thread that room service will deliver the pressed pots of Kona coffee as well. I even think they got to order ahead, specify a time and it showed up as requested.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:35 AM   #201
FosterA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneechic View Post
I thought someone mentioned in the last thread that room service will deliver the pressed pots of Kona coffee as well. I even think they got to order ahead, specify a time and it showed up as requested.
NICE! I'd like to know more about this and maybe how much a pot of Kona coffee would cost delivered.
FosterA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:40 AM   #202
FosterA
DIS Veteran

that pineapple drink I see in photos

Ok, what is the name of that fantastic drink that you sip out of the pineapple? where at the poly do I get one and how much cash should I plan on plunking down for one of those babies! I NEED one of those and must get one my first night there!
FosterA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:54 AM   #203
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterA View Post
Ok, what is the name of that fantastic drink that you sip out of the pineapple? where at the poly do I get one and how much cash should I plan on plunking down for one of those babies! I NEED one of those and must get one my first night there!
Lapus lapus. Served at Tambu Lounge and Kona Cafe...I'm sure 'Ohana, too, but no personal experience there. Sorry can't remember the price. Cab they be ordered at the pool bar?

The Polynesian also has wonderful Mai Tais. So much better than the standard ones served at WDW.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:04 AM   #204
kimgof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtobrynncess View Post
Mine does the same for me (I call him dh). He knows I literally cannot pick my head up off the pillow without a caffeine infusion, he's so good that way. And he's an early riser - so thankful for him......

Us too!!! I love when the luggage tags arrive! Hope to see you in the volcano pool!!!
ooh the volcano pool....although with our weather it would be the volcano hot tub! We'll be the family with the boy and girl arguing over who cannonballs better and the 16 year old just texting the whole time!

Halloween'04 ASSports,Aug '06 POR, Sept '08 POR, Aug '09 Poly,Aug '11Poly&HRH,Aug '14 POP&HRH
DS(19) DS(13): DD(11) me & DH
kimgof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:56 AM   #205
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
Lapus lapus. Served at Tambu Lounge and Kona Cafe...I'm sure 'Ohana, too, but no personal experience there. Sorry can't remember the price. Cab they be ordered at the pool bar?

The Polynesian also has wonderful Mai Tais. So much better than the standard ones served at WDW.
Hey BCV--long time no see. Lapu Lapus can be ordered at the pool bar, BUT not in the pineapple. They are served in the standard issue plastic cup.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:12 AM   #206
Millermom0606
DIS Veteran

According to all information I have the press pot is about $8. So if you factor in the mark-up, it might be $15
Millermom0606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:13 AM   #207
Millermom0606
DIS Veteran

Also, does anyone know the number to call for a special cake to be made????
Millermom0606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:42 AM   #208
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

The Polynesian doesnt make "special" cakes. You would have to order one from the GF or the CR. Private dining number at the bottom is you want something other than what is listed here. Here is cake info:

Polynesian Resort* — 407-827-2253

6-inch $21 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream
8-inch $32, same options
10-inch $45 vanilla, chocolate or marble cake; filling is white or dark chocolate mousse, vanilla or chocolate buttercream, or custard with strawberries; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
Mickey Mouse Cake $48 (serves 12): Vanilla or chocolate Mickey head-shaped cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in chocolate ganache; only customization is writing on plate
Fancy, fondant-covered cakes start at $75 and may be ordered by calling Private Dining at the Grand Floridian: 407-824-1951
princssdisnygina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:43 AM   #209
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post

And yes... Ohana too... you can pretty much get it anywhere at the Poly!
princssdisnygina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:02 PM   #210
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by logpey View Post
Sorry about your flat tire . But I hope today has been much better now that your at the Poly

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: