Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2011, 08:42 AM   #181
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by logpey View Post
A giant THANK'S to all that wished my family well on todays farewell to the POLY! I obviously can't sleep its 1:30am. I thought I was finished organizing things and would just relax today, but was busy all day and I'm just getting on and y'all are all off to sleepy town..

My WDW schedule: (For us this is a short trip)
Sat-Arrive & check in POLY CL early, hopefully (requested), family get their surprises I set up,relax walk around resort then run to HS for dinner and few rides/Fantasmic.
Sun-Secret rented Cabana full day, relax all day @ resort, 7:20pm Boma ressies explore Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Mon- Magic Kingdom all day, watch wishes there.
Tues-EPCOT all day and EMH- I will let you know about monorail/bus ride back.
Wed- Day off from park, early Grand Floridian Spa for me (YAY!), Hubby playing golf, swim at resort with children, Downtown Disney(?), 8:00pm Spirit of Aloha ressies.
Thur- Animal Kingdom, some of day (not really a huge fan)
Fri- Depart my HAPPY place, crying, screaming, hitting, karate moves & kicking anything in my path!!!!!

Pretty simple plans, don't forget in my schedule plenty of Pina Colavas & Lapu Lapu's ( I'll try again, so strong) Tonga toast, Pineapple dole whips & Ku’ulei Special (CL) I will drink and eat all and think of you & I want all of you to take the fat, carbs, calories and HANGOVER for me in return! O.K.?

Forgot to mention hubby buying me the 40th anniversary Dooney & Bourke Large with wallet, I've been a very, very good girl!

It will be sad when its over, but I will look forward to My 1st Hawaiian Aulani Vacation in six months!! WOOT!
I. Am. Jealous.

We are considering forgoing a trip to WDW next fall and going to Aulani instead, because airfare from Seattle to Honolulu is ridiculously cheap. It's going to depend on if they offer a military discount out there.

Have a blast this trip!!!!

crostorfer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:58 AM   #182
logpey
Disney or bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post
I. Am. Jealous.

We are considering forgoing a trip to WDW next fall and going to Aulani instead, because airfare from Seattle to Honolulu is ridiculously cheap. It's going to depend on if they offer a military discount out there.

Have a blast this trip!!!!
I see your green, but in 3 months just think about how envious I will be. We're forgoing our annual ski trip to go to Aulani in Feb. I'm sure they will have military discounts, don't worry....

Thx again to my well wishers, I will take pics and tweet while there! Have a great day, I know I will!
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
logpey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2011, 11:25 AM   #183
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Good morning! I was doing my daily reading of my favorite thread and I forgot if I posted some pics we took at Capn Cooks when we were there a couple months ago! Well, some of you may remember we were debating on staying at the Poly (again!) or at VWL. VWL won out so we could try something 'new' and have a 1 bedroom villa (and it ended up being only $8 more for the WHOLE 6 nights than a garden view at the Poly! - we used a discount). Well, the trip was nice but as you probably saw me post, Poly is our preferred resort. Anyway, my daughter and I HAD to visit the Poly while we were there. We had lunch at Capn Cooks and shopped. Here are some photos:

FAMOUS DOLE WHIP!!! This is actually the SAME dole whip but we each took a picture with it. Since it was a dessert for our lunch, sharing it was perfect.

And here are some pictures of our lunch. We both had a grilled cheese (my daughter got the kids' meal and I got the grown up grilled cheese) and we shared a tomato soup. It was very yummy! I love the grown up grilled cheese although they must really squish it in a panini maker because it was really flat! Still tasty and since they press it, it wasn't fried in grease which was good. The soup was awesome and the chips were odd. I always enjoy the chips and some were fabulous while others tasted stale. Hopefully it was a fluke. No worries though because I don't eat that much anyway.

For those of you wondering how to fit in a Poly visit when you are not staying there, it was easy! We went to HS in the morning and took the bus to the Poly around noon. And the great thing is that the TTC and Poly bus stops are near each other so you can get on the first one that comes! We ate (used our dining plan and got a dole whip for dessert - best dessert credit EVER!) then shopped (love the shops at the Poly!). We then took the monorail to Contemporary where we shopped some more and then took a boat back to WL. Of course, if you are staying elsewhere, you can take the monorail to MK and get a bus back to your resort. And you can also visit GF or Contemporary or park hop to MK!

And to those going to the Poly soon - HAVE FUN! I hope to be back there soon myself - we'll see what the cards hold for me

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:23 PM   #184
FosterA
DIS Veteran

What's the in-room coffee situation?

Sorry if this has been discussed in length already, I confess I haven't read that much about the Poly yet. But..I can't walk to food court in the morning to get coffee unless I have coffee in bed first!
So..for sure there is a pot in room right? How big is it? They will leave packs of coffee and cream and sugar every day right?
Also..is there any freezer space in mini-fridge?
FosterA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:46 PM   #185
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterA View Post
Sorry if this has been discussed in length already, I confess I haven't read that much about the Poly yet. But..I can't walk to food court in the morning to get coffee unless I have coffee in bed first!
So..for sure there is a pot in room right? How big is it? They will leave packs of coffee and cream and sugar every day right?
I do believe there is a little freezer space but not alot? As far as the coffee pot there is one... I think it is a 2 cup pot, could be 4? Yes... the refill the coffee packs if you use them.
princssdisnygina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:43 PM   #186
cmesq61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterA View Post
My gentleman caller (boyfriend sounds silly at our ages!) goes to the GCH and brings me back coffee from the Kona Island, which I have in bed while admiring the view, or, from the balcony while admiring the view. So send the man!!

Sept '13 DCL; Jan '13 The Poly; Sept '12 BWI; Nov & Sept '11 The Poly; June '09, The Poly; Sept '08 The Poly; Jan '05, DCL
cmesq61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:49 PM   #187
cmcinc
Mouseketeer

Great job on the new thread, I am back in!

97 more days to go!
Old 07-22-2011, 03:54 PM   #188
Millermom0606
DIS Veteran

Hope everyone thats going now has a GREAT trip and a safe return!!!!!

I can't wait to make (errrr ask ) my husband to go get me some Kona coffee!!!!! Seriously considering squeezing a Kona Cafe stop too...... LOL

Millermom0606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:09 PM   #189
kimgof
DIS Veteran

Logpey...Have a great trip!!!

Got our WDW pack today with the luggage tagsThat means we are close I can almost hear the Poly music playing...

Halloween'04 ASSports,Aug '06 POR, Sept '08 POR, Aug '09 Poly,Aug '11Poly&HRH,Aug '14 POP&HRH
DS(19) DS(13): DD(11) me & DH
kimgof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:10 PM   #190
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermom0606 View Post
Hope everyone thats going now has a GREAT trip and a safe return!!!!!

I can't wait to make (errrr ask ) my husband to go get me some Kona coffee!!!!! Seriously considering squeezing a Kona Cafe stop too...... LOL
I read this quickly and thought you said "safe sunburn". I was like gee that's silly. There's no safe way to sunburn.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #191
busymommy2pink
Lost in Neverland

Thanks for the new thread!!!!

I have a question....which beach is best to view Wishes from?? My youngest daughter is sensitive to loud noises..but loves fireworks, so half the reason we are staying Poly is to watch Wishes from there Do they play the music? We are so excited :D It's our first family vacation and we can hardly wait!

MEDHDD8DD5

coming soon fam jam part 2 May 2015!!
planning sept 2014 with sister and nephew first time and dd5!! AKL or POR
Beach Club 10 days fam jam/little sis 1st time! August 2013!
Beach Club stay 11 days May 2012! First Family Vacation!!!
AKL 2010 ~~ Girls Only Trip...with my BFF and DD and her BFF
busymommy2pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:38 PM   #192
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by busymommy2pink View Post
I have a question....which beach is best to view Wishes from?? My youngest daughter is sensitive to loud noises..but loves fireworks, so half the reason we are staying Poly is to watch Wishes from there Do they play the music? We are so excited :D It's our first family vacation and we can hardly wait!
The Polynesian has one huge beach, however a specifc section that I would recommend is around the Hawaii Longhouse because from there it's a direct view of Cinderella's Castle and I heard the music being played over there.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:26 PM   #193
FosterA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmesq61 View Post
My gentleman caller (boyfriend sounds silly at our ages!) goes to the GCH and brings me back coffee from the Kona Island, which I have in bed while admiring the view, or, from the balcony while admiring the view. So send the man!!

oooooh, I love this idea lol
unfortunately though my husband is not a commando type guy on vacation and I SO will be so I'll be getting up early to get the day rolling. He'd bring me coffee in bed but it would be on HIS time (like 10 a.m.) NO way! I have a feeling I will be bringing him coffee in bed to bribe him out of bed to get to the parks already!
FosterA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:39 PM   #194
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Just peeking in to see the new thread and WOW it's already up to 13 pages!!! Geez ...so busy.

guitarob -- So not worthy Best looking thread on the boards by far! You ROCK

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Grace&Carolinesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:46 PM   #195
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by busymommy2pink View Post
Thanks for the new thread!!!!

Poly has 3 beach areas to watch wishes. The beach in front of the Volcano pool and Hawaii is the more straight on view of the castle and the most crowded. You can also watch from the beach in front of Tahiti and the beach in front of Aotearoa. All very enjoyable....try a different beach area each night

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Grace&Carolinesmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: