Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-21-2011, 08:52 PM   #166
POOHDRMR
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Posts: 713

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtobrynncess View Post
A HUUUUUUUUGE thanks to you Rob!!! This was just what I needed!! Little more than a month to go, and really wanting the time to go by more quickly! The pictures are fabulous, as always!! For those not having stayed before, I don't think they could want for a better website to inform them!

On a different note, anyone with young dd's (around 6, 7, 8, 9 10) arriving around the 24th?? My dd8 is an only child (had her late in life), and I am sure she would just LOVE to have another Disney Princess to play with in the volcano pool! We plan to spend more time at the resort this trip, especially since we will be there in August, which we typically don't do. Maybe we can meet up in the pool!!
We are arriving on the 20th and are going to be spending more time around the resort too.We are there for 12 days but only have 8 day park tix(we are attending a yes class also)My dd just turned 10 and she was an only child untill 18 months ago when I had ds.She is always trying to make a friend at the pool to have someone to play with!We usually do the pool later in the day or at night when the sun is not as strong.Maybe we will run into each other-I know dd would love it! I usually take her to the pool by myself and dh stays in the room with ds.
POOHDRMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:11 PM   #167
Pookasaurus
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Posts: 192

Does anyone know the "rules" on baby floats in the swimming pool? It seems like people on the other boards have mixed response but I was wondering if anyone had experience at the poly. We have a little float we used last year for my son who was 8mo at the time, so much too small for life jackets, at POR and had no issues. I'm hoping we won't need to use one (we'd hold him, but he is a wiggler) but I think he'd still be too small for a life jacket, so I'm just wondering if the baby float would be okay or if I should buy a toddler life jacket. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post
I could not drive down!!! Our youngest has been flying since her first trip when she was 8 months old. After flying with her older two siblings I swore I would never fly with a toddler again, but we started playing the airplane / school bus game with her. While driving it was a game ....an airplane is worth 3 points, a school bus 1 pt, and then we added things like a Mickey Bobber (antenna topper - had to be Disney themed) that is 15 points!!!! I don't know why but she was so excited to be part of the airplane game and was so calm and well behaved and she was right around 18 months.

As for Disney Florist, my parents and a friend both once ordered and the items arrived the same day at our hotel. I believe if you order ahead of time you can request for your day of delivery and put in some extra details.
It really isn't bad! DH and i look forward to the drive almost as much as the trip (well, maybe half as much ). I used to love flying but after a particularly horrid experience trying to leave Miami after a cruise in 2007 well.. the love is gone. When the boys are in school full time are we are limited on how long we can go we'll have to start flying to maximize time, but for now we enjoy being able to drive. You should try it, its fun hehe.
__________________
Carrie, DH , Parents to DS(7) and DS (4)
1st trip as a family Sept '10, POR
Trip 2 - Sept. '11 at Poly!
Planning our 3rd trip as a family to celebrate 5 and 8
January 16-25, 2015 - POR
Pookasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-21-2011, 09:46 PM   #168
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!
 
1971DBday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Downers Grove, IL
Posts: 1,236

Quote:
Originally Posted by logpey View Post
THX, I sure will, it's surreal that we leave tomorrow, I really just don't believe it!
Good luck sleeping tonight .....maybe you can get one more little dream in before you leave! I can't wait to hear all about it. Have a wonderful time....jealous!
__________________
Dad Mom DD(17)DS(14) DD(8)
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners


1971DBday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:57 PM   #169
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!
 
1971DBday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Downers Grove, IL
Posts: 1,236

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookasaurus View Post

It really isn't bad! DH and i look forward to the drive almost as much as the trip (well, maybe half as much ). I used to love flying but after a particularly horrid experience trying to leave Miami after a cruise in 2007 well.. the love is gone. When the boys are in school full time are we are limited on how long we can go we'll have to start flying to maximize time, but for now we enjoy being able to drive. You should try it, its fun hehe.
The worse we ever had was finding out our flight got cancelled due to an ice storm in Chicago! I was in the middle of MK on my cell phone with the airline trying to get the first flight out the next day then slipped into a shop and utilized their phone to get another night in a room (live Christmas parade was taping that weekend - PACKED!!!!). We were able to get both and went back to the pool that afternoon and sipped on cocktails and just relaxed.....

DD5 has only used her own personal floatation devices. At 18 months we had one of those floaties built into the suit and it was to much for her as well.....and she looked kind of funny.....We never tried a baby float because we were told they weren't allowed.
__________________
Dad Mom DD(17)DS(14) DD(8)
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners


1971DBday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:06 PM   #170
momtobrynncess
DIS Veteran
 
momtobrynncess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: upstate new york
Posts: 1,169

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOHDRMR View Post
We are arriving on the 20th and are going to be spending more time around the resort too.We are there for 12 days but only have 8 day park tix(we are attending a yes class also)My dd just turned 10 and she was an only child untill 18 months ago when I had ds.She is always trying to make a friend at the pool to have someone to play with!We usually do the pool later in the day or at night when the sun is not as strong.Maybe we will run into each other-I know dd would love it! I usually take her to the pool by myself and dh stays in the room with ds.
Well, congrats to you on the latest addition to your family!!
12 days!! Good for you!! As we get closer to the date, I'll try to remember to pm you, fellow New Yorker!! (originally from Queens and Brooklyn, now in Upstate NY). I'll send you a description of us, and maybe we can run into each other! We have a cabana reserved for the second half of the 24th, so look for us there if you will be by the pool that day!
__________________
5/97 CR Tower-8/98 CR-10/99 GF-9/2000 CR-9/01 CR (got engaged!-9/02 CR/Married at Wedding Pavilion-9/03 CR-9/04 GF/CR-9/05 WL-1/06 CR-9/06 OKW-2/07 CR (got upgraded to Concierge!)-9/07 CR-9/08 Poly-11/2009 Poly-9/2010 Poly-8/11 Poly-8/2012 CSR-8/13 Poly
Me dh dd ddog

momtobrynncess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:50 PM   #171
BeeBeeCee
Earning My Ears
 
BeeBeeCee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by logpey View Post
THX, I sure will, it's surreal that we leave tomorrow, I really just don't believe it!
Hope you all have a Magical time
__________________
BeeBeeCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:59 PM   #172
nonnasally
forever tink
 
nonnasally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Philly suburbs
Posts: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOHDRMR View Post
We are arriving on the 20th and are going to be spending more time around the resort too.We are there for 12 days but only have 8 day park tix(we are attending a yes class also)My dd just turned 10 and she was an only child untill 18 months ago when I had ds.She is always trying to make a friend at the pool to have someone to play with!We usually do the pool later in the day or at night when the sun is not as strong.Maybe we will run into each other-I know dd would love it! I usually take her to the pool by myself and dh stays in the room with ds.
We just got back from eight wonderful days at Poly two weeks ago. We had a two year old and an 11 month old in our group. We packed a round inflatable float which had a seat in it. We were told they were the only kind that were allowed for the small children. The regular round tubes were not permitted because the child might slip through. Just thought I'd pass that along/ Have a great time..... it goes so quickly
__________________
<<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/p07jel9dw2j410ds.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a> <a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/p07jel9dw2j410ds.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
nonnasally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:32 PM   #173
Missus Toad
Amazing! She actually stays awake during the Hall of Presidents!
 
Missus Toad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 1,007

Quote:
Originally Posted by logpey View Post
Congrats on your upcoming stay at the POLY! Have a wonderful stay..
Thanks! I'm just over the moon about this!
__________________
(me!) (dh)(dd - 11) (ds - 9)
WDW on-site devotee since 1976!
Happy DVC Member since 1994!

Most recent 8/21/13-8/31/13 at GF and Poly.

Missus Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:55 PM   #174
Missus Toad
Amazing! She actually stays awake during the Hall of Presidents!
 
Missus Toad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 1,007

Rob, this thread is amazing! Great work on all the info and photos!!
__________________
(me!) (dh)(dd - 11) (ds - 9)
WDW on-site devotee since 1976!
Happy DVC Member since 1994!

Most recent 8/21/13-8/31/13 at GF and Poly.

Missus Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:45 AM   #175
logpey
Disney or bust!
 
logpey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Northern Louisiana
Posts: 1,310

Talking I leave today!

A giant THANK'S to all that wished my family well on todays farewell to the POLY! I obviously can't sleep its 1:30am. I thought I was finished organizing things and would just relax today, but was busy all day and I'm just getting on and y'all are all off to sleepy town..

My WDW schedule: (For us this is a short trip)
Sat-Arrive & check in POLY CL early, hopefully (requested), family get their surprises I set up,relax walk around resort then run to HS for dinner and few rides/Fantasmic.
Sun-Secret rented Cabana full day, relax all day @ resort, 7:20pm Boma ressies explore Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Mon- Magic Kingdom all day, watch wishes there.
Tues-EPCOT all day and EMH- I will let you know about monorail/bus ride back.
Wed- Day off from park, early Grand Floridian Spa for me (YAY!), Hubby playing golf, swim at resort with children, Downtown Disney(?), 8:00pm Spirit of Aloha ressies.
Thur- Animal Kingdom, some of day (not really a huge fan)
Fri- Depart my HAPPY place, crying, screaming, hitting, karate moves & kicking anything in my path!!!!!

Pretty simple plans, don't forget in my schedule plenty of Pina Colavas & Lapu Lapu's ( I'll try again, so strong) Tonga toast, Pineapple dole whips & Ku’ulei Special (CL) I will drink and eat all and think of you & I want all of you to take the fat, carbs, calories and HANGOVER for me in return! O.K.?

Forgot to mention hubby buying me the 40th anniversary Dooney & Bourke Large with wallet, I've been a very, very good girl!

It will be sad when its over, but I will look forward to My 1st Hawaiian Aulani Vacation in six months!! WOOT!
__________________
Me:42 DH:41DD:17DS:14 Twitter:@Logpey
1994 Nov/SOG
2003 May/CSR
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
logpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:44 AM   #176
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran
 
bluejasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,772

So jealous of everyone leaving to go! Its a heat index of 110 here, poor DH works out in it and really didnt want to go to work this morning.. Have to take DD to dr she has been sick and needs to get better ASAP we are school shopping tomorrow and she has a vacation in Hilton Head with a friend on SUN!

OH Poly take me away!!!
__________________
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:50 AM   #177
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 3,375

Quote:
Originally Posted by logpey View Post
A giant THANK'S to all that wished my family well on todays farewell to the POLY! I obviously can't sleep its 1:30am. I thought I was finished organizing things and would just relax today, but was busy all day and I'm just getting on and y'all are all off to sleepy town..

My WDW schedule: (For us this is a short trip)
Sat-Arrive & check in POLY CL early, hopefully (requested), family get their surprises I set up,relax walk around resort then run to HS for dinner and few rides/Fantasmic.
Sun-Secret rented Cabana full day, relax all day @ resort, 7:20pm Boma ressies explore Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Mon- Magic Kingdom all day, watch wishes there.
Tues-EPCOT all day and EMH- I will let you know about monorail/bus ride back.
Wed- Day off from park, early Grand Floridian Spa for me (YAY!), Hubby playing golf, swim at resort with children, Downtown Disney(?), 8:00pm Spirit of Aloha ressies.
Thur- Animal Kingdom, some of day (not really a huge fan)
Fri- Depart my HAPPY place, crying, screaming, hitting, karate moves & kicking anything in my path!!!!!

Pretty simple plans, don't forget in my schedule plenty of Pina Colavas & Lapu Lapu's ( I'll try again, so strong) Tonga toast, Pineapple dole whips & Ku’ulei Special (CL) I will drink and eat all and think of you & I want all of you to take the fat, carbs, calories and HANGOVER for me in return! O.K.?

Forgot to mention hubby buying me the 40th anniversary Dooney & Bourke Large with wallet, I've been a very, very good girl!

It will be sad when its over, but I will look forward to My 1st Hawaiian Aulani Vacation in six months!! WOOT!
Have safe travels and have a wonderful trip! We look forward to your reports! And of course pictures!
princssdisnygina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:17 AM   #178
Missus Toad
Amazing! She actually stays awake during the Hall of Presidents!
 
Missus Toad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 1,007

Quote:
Originally Posted by logpey View Post
A giant THANK'S to all that wished my family well on todays farewell to the POLY! I obviously can't sleep its 1:30am. I thought I was finished organizing things and would just relax today, but was busy all day and I'm just getting on and y'all are all off to sleepy town..

My WDW schedule: (For us this is a short trip)
Sat-Arrive & check in POLY CL early, hopefully (requested), family get their surprises I set up,relax walk around resort then run to HS for dinner and few rides/Fantasmic.
Sun-Secret rented Cabana full day, relax all day @ resort, 7:20pm Boma ressies explore Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Mon- Magic Kingdom all day, watch wishes there.
Tues-EPCOT all day and EMH- I will let you know about monorail/bus ride back.
Wed- Day off from park, early Grand Floridian Spa for me (YAY!), Hubby playing golf, swim at resort with children, Downtown Disney(?), 8:00pm Spirit of Aloha ressies.
Thur- Animal Kingdom, some of day (not really a huge fan)
Fri- Depart my HAPPY place, crying, screaming, hitting, karate moves & kicking anything in my path!!!!!

Pretty simple plans, don't forget in my schedule plenty of Pina Colavas & Lapu Lapu's ( I'll try again, so strong) Tonga toast, Pineapple dole whips & Ku’ulei Special (CL) I will drink and eat all and think of you & I want all of you to take the fat, carbs, calories and HANGOVER for me in return! O.K.?

Forgot to mention hubby buying me the 40th anniversary Dooney & Bourke Large with wallet, I've been a very, very good girl!

It will be sad when its over, but I will look forward to My 1st Hawaiian Aulani Vacation in six months!! WOOT!
I didn't realize you were going so soon! Have fun!!!
__________________
(me!) (dh)(dd - 11) (ds - 9)
WDW on-site devotee since 1976!
Happy DVC Member since 1994!

Most recent 8/21/13-8/31/13 at GF and Poly.

Missus Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:23 AM   #179
sandym718
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,569

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post
The worse we ever had was finding out our flight got cancelled due to an ice storm in Chicago! I was in the middle of MK on my cell phone with the airline trying to get the first flight out the next day then slipped into a shop and utilized their phone to get another night in a room (live Christmas parade was taping that weekend - PACKED!!!!). We were able to get both and went back to the pool that afternoon and sipped on cocktails and just relaxed.....
I'm always hoping this will happen, LOL, but considering we drive..... I always want just one more day. Especially this last trip. We left early Saturday morning. It had rained all day (poured) Thursday. Friday was nice, but the weekend looked great. I was trying to talk DH into at least staying Saturday night and driving home Sunday. No go, he likes to get home and get settled before returning to work. I would've loved to just hang out at the pool all day Saturday!
__________________
Me -Sandy ; DH -Dave ; DS -Josh (11); DD -Jessi (9)

Previous trips as a child/teen: FW 1985, offsite 1991, Disneyland 1992
Family trips: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 - all at the Poly!


sandym718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:39 AM   #180
DisFanAmI
Mousketeer
 
DisFanAmI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Northern IL
Posts: 62

Celebrating Anniversary and Graduation

Jumping on... Planning for May 2012... Poly has always been my dream!
__________________
Michelle

CBR -1992, WL-1999, POR-'03, POR-'05, POFQ-'07, POFQ-'08, WL-2010, POFQ-2012, POR 2014
DisFanAmI is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: