Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2012, 07:25 PM   #91
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Other than the measurement happiness, today sucked.

First, my trainer cancelled for the second time this week. The first was for a date, and he asked nicely, but he also cancelled today for essentially a busy life. Now, I never asked him to commit to one particular day or anything, but this week has been sucky emotionally and it would have been very helpful to have his support. Not only that, but he has been a bit MIA in planning my workouts and I have had to wing it. Not super happy, but whatevah. What can I do? I don't pay a lot, and certainly have gotten superb support previous weeks, so I am giving him slack. But I am getting aggravated as my race is only 7 weeks away and I feel like I am treading water. I hope that he steps back up to helping me because I NEED IT!!!!!

Today's run sucked. I only went 3.75km in 30 minutes. So while my time was ok, my shins and calves were very sore. I would have liked a longer run but I was done. I have one really sore spot on one shin that isn't getting better. I think it is just soft tissue, but I made an appointment with the sports med MD I saw in November or December to get it checked out. Unfortunately, that appointment isn't until April 26th.

I also had to see our business accountant today and while there was good news, I hate seeing the accountant and preparing for tax season. It is worse than the dentist.

The house is a mess. Ugh. It is back to cold outside again, after a tease of spring.

My trainer rebooked for tomorrow at 0815 so I hope it is a good session for me. Emotionally I have been low - this journey is unsettling and emotional. It was better when I had more interaction and feedback from my trainer, but maybe I need to be more independent. I dunno.

Exercise:
--30 minutes running, 3.75km.
--will do 20 minutes core.

2014 Princess GSC! BLT/VGF/DCL stay
2014 Determined to do Dopey! BWV stay

Terapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #92
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Good day!

Today I went on a 7k run/hike with my coach in the forest, including one stretch called Suicide Hill. We got good and muddy, and waded knee-high through a freezing stream. Was good. My coach and I have a great time chatting: we're both frank people so we get into good and in-depth chats! It was good to be back to having my coach's attention.

I'm going to run a 5k race this weekend. I usually run about a 8 minute km - that is comfortable for me. More recently I have been under that for my longer 6-7k runs. My coach has challenged me to run the 5k in 7:00km, for a total time of 35 minutes. I protested and felt that that was too fast for me, but he wants me to try to achieve that. He says that he has been running that at the track, and in a race situation I should be able to up my game 45 seconds/km. I'd like to aim for 7:30/km myself, still quite a bit faster than I have been doing on my comfortable runs. I'm not sure. I may choose to pace out the first 2-3k at 7:30 and then do the last 2 at 7:00. I'm scared to go to fast!!!

On Friday my coach has me doing a tempo run, so that will be good preparation for Sundays's race. Tomorrow is a blessed rest day.

Today I am hungry. I have my first junkfood in 10 days: small mcdonald's fries with vinegar. They were yummy. Now back to being good.

Exercise:

7k hike/run with my coach
Will do 20 minutes core tonight.
Will do 15-20 minutes upper body weights tonight.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2012, 08:54 AM   #93
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Good morning Carolynn! Glad to see you got back into it with your trainer. Hope you let him know how important the support is to you. And I am sure it was appreciated that you gave him some slack for a few days.

Emotions and support are things I have been wrestling with a lot myself this week. I partially chock it up to the downswing in the weather being like a big seasonal affective disorder hammer, lol!

Your race this weekend sounds exciting! Can't wait to hear how great you do!!!
Have a great day of rest!!
Mike
Old 03-30-2012, 07:19 PM   #94
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Thanks Mike!

Unfortunately today I laid around sipping tea pretty much. I have bronchitis. I can't stop coughing, especially laying down. I don't feel too sick outside of my lungs, other than being tired. However, I was up in the night at a birth so didn't get into bed until 330 and slept just til 10am. Hoping that tonight is quiet and I can feel better.

I'd like to go for a run tomorrow and a bike ride. I'm still deciding on the 5k race on Sunday. It will really depend on how I do tomorrow. A lot of friends are competing in it so would like to participate, too.

Today I did do 20 minutes of core, and will do 20 minutes of weights today as well.

I just hope that 2 days of rest hasn't affected my weight loss :-( I tried to eat sensibly, but did have a big chinese food meal yesterday (chose a vegetable dish, and egg foo young, but did have rice and an eggroll). I ate sparingly the rest of the day and had a very good breakfast, but it is weighing on me. Tonight was a large dinner but pretty good (steak, 8 pierogies, onions and mushrooms, and corn). The veggies were low fat. The pierogies aren't that good, but oh well. I did not eat any other carbs during the day aside from a grapefruit and 1/4 cup noodles. I will be very good over the next few days to make up for these crappier days. Other than these two days I have been quite controlled. Lots of fruit and veggies.

Feeling a bit panicky that these two days were slip ups that could cost me. Oh well, tomorrow I will be better and do better and keep on truckin'.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #95
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Finally got a run in. Still sick and coughing but surprisingly my lungs felt ok on the run. Ran 3k at 7m40/k which is good for me. Will try to get out for another 3 k this evening.

My shin is still very sore. Seeing a sports MD tomorrow.

Eating pretty well. Weight stable.

My boys had/are having birthday parties this weekend, so it is socially very busy. That's all for now!

Old 04-02-2012, 07:07 AM   #96
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

I'm anxiously waiting to hear if you ran and if so, how did the race go? Enquiring minds want to know!
dragitoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:32 AM   #97
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Thanks for asking - I didn't run the race :-( I wish it was today and not yesterday. I just wasn't feeling up to it with the bronchitis. I did do a short run yesterday and it went well.

Today I see the sports MD about my shin. Wish we luck! If I get the go ahead, I should be back on track.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:13 PM   #98
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Good evening!

Cleared by the doc. He said:
-calves too tight, try acupuncture or massage
-take magnesium to help with the muscle tightness
-take it easy for a couple of weeks with no big distance or speed increases
-consider new shoes - less structured than mine now. I was sold motion control shoes as I have exceedingly flat feet but the doctor said that research shows those highly constructed shoes don't decrease injury, they actually increase them, especially if they have a big 'ramp' at the back.

So I was a happy girl! Took my little who turned 5 today to the Lego store and celebrated him all day. Then had sushi lunch. Yum!

Did an approximately 6k trail run with my trainer over an hour. i seriously felt like vomiting at the beginning when we climbed a monster hill/cliff. It was so steep. My heart was pounding and I felt so bad. We climbed up a few more hills before resting. I so almost vomited!!! Then we did about a 3k run that was mostly flat in the woods and a farmer's field, then headed back down the hill/escarpment and ran a bit more through the woods. Was a good run, with good technical bits for a trail run. Did it at about a 10min km which wasn't bad considering how much climbing up and down there was. Would like to do it again now that I know what to expect.

Will do 20 of core tonight. TOmorrow I'd like to do a big bike ride and upper body weights.

So a good day all around!

Old 04-04-2012, 07:27 AM   #99
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Good morning!

Yesterday I biked 7k and did 15 minutes of core. A light day, and my trainer called me on it.

Today is my son's 14th birthday! We are headed to the Lego store (again!) and going out for a bike ride together, before lunch at a local restaurant. In our family the kids get to stay home on their birthdays and be celebrated.

I also will run today - I plan for 5k. I need to also do upper body weights and core. Hopefully my busy day will make my coach happy!

Weight is stable. I'm mid-cycle so not at the place I like to weigh myself. I feel like I am down maybe 2-3 pounds for the month but gotta wait until this water weight shifts with my cycle. Sorry if that's TMI for the guys! Us gals have to cope with bloating!

Old 04-04-2012, 11:12 AM   #100
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terapin View Post
Good morning!

Yesterday I biked 7k and did 15 minutes of core. A light day, and my trainer called me on it.

Today is my son's 14th birthday! We are headed to the Lego store (again!) and going out for a bike ride together, before lunch at a local restaurant. In our family the kids get to stay home on their birthdays and be celebrated.

I also will run today - I plan for 5k. I need to also do upper body weights and core. Hopefully my busy day will make my coach happy!

Weight is stable. I'm mid-cycle so not at the place I like to weigh myself. I feel like I am down maybe 2-3 pounds for the month but gotta wait until this water weight shifts with my cycle. Sorry if that's TMI for the guys! Us gals have to cope with bloating!
GROSS! lol. Just messing with you. Sounds like you have a busy day planned!
dragitoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #101
Terapin
DIS Veteran

LOL - I don't think either gender has grossness cornered, frankly. I live with boys and know this first hand!

Had a good day! Lego store and lunch as planned. Bike ride with my son deferred.

Biked up to the Running Room where I run with friends and running buddies, and biked back. Ran in between.

Total biking: 10.5k
Total running: 5k

Came home to some homemade meatballs. Yum. Have the joy of sitting down to bill paying after the kids get off to bed. Full day indeed!

Old 04-05-2012, 07:18 AM   #102
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Weigh-in day:

Down 1.5# in two weeks. Not bad. Total loss this month: 5.5# I'm really happy with that. I suspect my weight it a bit of water retention still - will weigh over next day or two when I don't feel bloated.

Total weight loss: 32#

Slow but steady wins the race, right? The weight loss is pretty good considering how much muscle I have built up at the same time. I have good biceps now, and rock hard quads and calves. My abs are getting much better, and I have shaved off inches. Last summer when I started this journey I was pretty doughy. Feel so much better!

Old 04-05-2012, 09:08 AM   #103
DisNorth
DIS Veteran

Hello Carolynn, I found your journal!
The trail runs sound amazingly hard but fun!

Way to go on getting super fit! I think the way you feel and your measurement mean so much more than what the scale says.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:44 AM   #104
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Good morning. Happy Easter!

Today is sunny but cold here. Should warm up over the day but is sitting just above freezing right now.

On today's plan is 15-20 of core, followed by a run (plan for 6k) and then some biking to 'flush out the legs', likely another 5-6k.

I have to do some visits later, so hoping to get in my exercise this morning. DH and the kids are home due to the holiday, so it is a relaxing day.

Hope you all have a fab day!

Old 04-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #105
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Sounds like you have definitely been busy Carolynn! Love the birthday traditions too. Hope you did have a relaxing day and then a nice weekend!

Mike

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: