Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2012, 06:59 AM   #271
Terapin
DIS Veteran

UGH. Weight up to 216 this morning?!? I can't explain it. I'm bummed that I have apparently gained 6 pounds in a week... despite getting in about 40km of running and being very busy at work. Have no eaten much crap. Ate light yesterday and still up a pound over yesterday. Oh well. Long term view. Hopefully it's just water retention and nothing that a good long run, a coffee and a bran muffin, and time will cure - HA HA!

Dh is out running this morning. He is usually more of a gym guy, but he is doing the Happy Haunted 5K at the end of the month. I think I will sign up for the 5k in addition to the 10 miler I am already signed up for. I need to do the mileage that weekend anyhow... DH has run a 5k before, with a walk/run strategy, so he should be ok. He works pretty hard at running though so I told him to take it easy this morning getting back into it. It is a big burly guy and runs like a superhero (pounding into the ground, so much energy). I've got him watching his stride to be a bit more fleet-flooted and energy-saving. Proud of him for getting out there at 6:30.

I'm getting up and prepared for a 16k run with my class this morning. Weather looks potentially rainy - I hope I don't get rained out of this one!

Life is good!

2014 Princess GSC! BLT/VGF/DCL stay
2014 Determined to do Dopey! BWV stay

Terapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:11 PM   #272
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Got my 16k run in! YAHOO! It is the farthest I have ever run. I did it in 2:15:00. Was a sucky run though - I didn't ever feel like I had gotten into my groove. Got 'er done though, and can now join the 10mile+ club!

I am pretty stiff and sore today. Perhaps because I ran 8.5k the day before and then this run less than 24 hours later? Good training for Goofy - I cannot believe I signed up for Goofy!

Have been craving curried chicken, so that is what is for dinner. Yum.

I don't think I drank enough water though. Drank about 1.25 litres of water with some E-Load in it, 3 salt tablets, and a pack of PowerBar chews.

I came home feeling ok, but didn't visit the washroom much over the afternoon. I did shed 3.5# even with the water I drank!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #273
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Guess it was a blip as weight is down to 213 this morning. Liking the downward trend. Will work on losing past my nadir of 210 last week.

Feeling good after my rest day yesterday. I have a pain on my foot that I have had before. I think it is from the new distance.

Getting so excited about the ToT race at the end of the month! Hard to believe that there are two more races in between! Happy to be going off with my DH for a nice weekend of our own. We leave very early Friday and return Sunday night. Looking forward to some couple time.

Today I need to do 5k and I should do some biking, too.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #274
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Yay! Back down to 212 this morning.

Had a run of 4.5k last night. I cut it short as it was getting really late and I needed to get the kids in bed, my knee was aching, my foot was aching, but worst of all my back was absolutely seized up on one side from mid-back to neck. To the chiro I go this morning! I have been feeling one of my ribs out for a few weeks now causing pain after running (from tensing up perhaps?).

Feeling pretty good. Tonight is 8 hills scheduled: 5k warm up and cool down to and from the hills, and 8k of hill repeats. UGH. Missed last week's 7 hills due to work so really hoping to get there this week. I want to get it done! Next week is the last week of hills (9 hills) then we move on to fartleks.

Work should be less crazy as most of my mamas have birthed.

I'm gathering items for a raffle for my NF Dream Team run on October 14. So far have several gift certificates for restaurants and some handmade Christmas cards, and free golf rounds, so I am hoping my raffle does really well!

Old 09-06-2012, 10:50 AM   #275
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Weight down to 211 - yay!

Got my hills in last night but stopped at 7.25 hills as I was DONE. All told was 12k, with about 8k in hill repeats. It took about 1:40:00, so about a 8:20/km or 13 mm. Was super humid.

Had a quick bath and FELL into bed - was so tired. Luckily I slept well as I was awoken at 0500 for a birth.

Tonight is an intro to speed work at the track. I was doing track work with my previous coach so that isn't new. Not sure if I am going or not. I should but I am still tired and not sure I want to do speedwork as my third-in-a-row run.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #276
Terapin
DIS Veteran

I skipped my run on Thursday - running 5x a week is just too much most weeks with 3 kids, a very full-time job. I was just too tired. Like first trimester pregnancy tired. Except I'm definitely not pregnant.

I had a great run today. It was raining, but then there was a lull. I headed out and did great. I ran 12k in 1:34:00, so about 7:50/km! I did have to stop at a grocery store to use the bathroom 3k in but after that it went really well. The last 1.5k was a slog, but before that I was really enjoying the run. The fact that it was net downhill didn't hurt!

Tomorrow is my 5k race. I am hoping for 33:00 finish. That is my goal. We shall see. I don't know the course well, or how busy it will be, so

I also did upper body work today. Good day. Weight sitting at 211.

Old 09-09-2012, 01:56 PM   #277
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Race update!

This morning I ran a 5k. It was a lot of fun, and I'm not that sore! Last year, almost to the date I ran my first 5k. I finished in 48 minutes. This time I finished in 33 minutes!!!! My chip time was 34:23 but it was 5.1k, so I calculated what my 5k time would be. I ran each km in 6:45/km which is my new personal best for a 5k, race or training! So happy! That is a 10:49 mile I think if my math is right! Super happy with that for this Miss Slow and Steady Legs!

Here are some pics:

This is my pretty medal, which is even prettier in person:

Feeling really good! Next race is the Zoo Oasis 10k in 13 days. Not sure about my time goal for that. I think 1:15:00. My last 10k I finished in 1:14-1:15 (discrepancy from watch to chip, but maybe my watch paused when I went pee?). I'd love to do a bit faster and prove that even though I am not working with my coach that I have still maintained my training, and even surpassed my speed from the spring. I am mostly working on distance right now so not sure. The Macmillan race calculator says based on today's 5k I should be able to do 7:00/km or 1:10:06 for a 10k. Oy vey!

Tomorrow is a blessed rest day. I have to recertify in NRP.

Old 09-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #278
Terapin
DIS Veteran

For comparison, here is me one year ago at my first race:

Old 09-09-2012, 09:16 PM   #279
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Got my race stats and am very happy to report that I was not in the bottom quartile of the race! I finished faster than 30% of women my age, and 29% of women in the race. Not that I am running AGAINST anyone other than myself, but it is a pleasant result to be moving up as a measure of my fitness. Pleased with that.

My first race, a year ago almost to the day (Sept 10, 2011) I was slower than 94.5% of women my age, and 94.5% of women overall in that race. I've moved up 25%! Love it.

I don't ever think I will be in the top 25%. My goal is to be firmly in the middle, earning respectable times. I don't want to invest the time to do better than that, honestly. I will always be a recreational runner: I just don't have the natural talent or correct built for speed running.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:18 AM   #280
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Good morning!

Weight still sitting at 211.

Ran a lousy 4k run yesterday. Just couldn't get into the groove and I hate every second. I was supposed to do 5k but cut it short as I was anxious about time. I needed to get showered and head out for a very important hospital meeting.

Today I am scheduled to do 9k of hills + 5k warm up and cooldown. It is my last week of hills! Yay! I missed one week of hills and did 7k of hills last week so I may just do 8k to keep up the +1k/week. Besides, 8 sounds way better than 9! We finished in the dark last week so I may get going there sooner and try to start before everyone else gets there. I do my hills pretty slowly so I am usually the last person to finish and that never feels great...

Old 09-13-2012, 08:13 AM   #281
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Down to 208 this morning!

Last night was 12.5k with 8k of hill repeats. Glad to be done of those for this training session! Tonight is 7k steady.

Feeling quite stiff and a little sore after last night's run. The last two hill repeats were tough and I might as well have been throwing myself up the hill!

Counting down the days until the ToT. Trying to decide if I want to buy the newly discounted DVC premium pass as I do have two trips to WDW planned. Not sure.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:55 AM   #282
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Our running group mixed things up a bit and instead of doing 8k steady, we did a track workout. As a bonus, there was a chiro MD who filmed us running who will provide some analysis of our running for next week's class. Both apprehensive and interested in seeing the results!

The track work out was about a 2.5k warm up, followed by a ladder workout, then a cool down of 1k. The ladder was:

100m at fast pace, with 300m cool down,
200m at fast pace, with 200m cool down,
300m at fast pace, with 100m cool down,
300m at fast pace, with 100m cool down,
200m at fast pace, with 200m cool down,
100m at fast pace, with 300m cool down.

So about a 6k workout. It was fun. I loved running fast fast (for a short distance) and felt good and strong. My fastest bits had me running at 5:00/km!!!

Rest day today, but I am going to try to do some cross-training of a bike ride, some core work, and some upper body weights.

Weight is good!

Old 09-17-2012, 07:52 AM   #283
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Good morning!

Sitting with a latte getting ready for the day. I went out for a 6k run on Saturday that went pretty well. Sunday was supposed to be 18k, but shortly after my Saturday run I was called out to a birth and was kept busy for the next 24 hours. I finally got to bed on Sunday morning around 9am. I did not run. I slept until mid-afternoon and then got up and got going. I managed to do some core work, and DH and I went out to look for new livingroom furniture.

We have the usual assortment of post-university mix-n-match furniture and family cast-offs, and are feeling like we want to decorate our livingroom to our tastes finally. We're going for the cozy library look with double loveseats instead of a couch grouping, with book shelves and an oriental rug. We have a small living room (a small house, actually) and dining room and need to decorate carefully.

Our first priority is painting. I dread it. But I thought, "if I can run 16+k I can commit to painting!" So we got some paints chips and DH and I have to agree. DH likes beige. I like colour. I think we are going with the stunningly original cream with white trim, but our furniture is espresso brown and the accents will be a rich red.

So after the weekend's adventures I must do my run this morning. I am dreading getting started. At least with my running group the motivation to get there on time is there, and there are other people to run with. I gotta summon it all up solo and just get out there. For 18k. Eek!

Old 09-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #284
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Got my 18k in - it was a hawt mess. Finished, but it wasn't pretty. I walked a bunch. Finished in about 2:30:00. Not pleased.

In related news, I hired my old coach back for a few sessions to tune up and get advice for my half-marathon in 3.5 weeks.

REALLY wanted fish and chips for dinner. Making dinner instead: ultra-lean ground beef in a homemade tomato sauce from scratch over good pasta and a salad with the best dressing in the world: Simply Natural Goddess dressing. I adore that stuff. It is a garlic-sesame-tahini dressing. Sooooo good. Having it over romaine and arugula.

Old 09-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #285
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Track workout today.

Did 400m repeats with speeds of about 5:45-6:15 x9 repeats, with a minute of cooldown in between. Did 2k warm up and cool down.

Felt good to get some speed in!

Working back with the coach a few sessions here and there. Was a good butt-kicking to get me going a bit faster, to push a bit more.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: