Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #136
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Take that frustration and use it to move forward. You can do it!

In December of 2009 I weighed 189 pounds. I barely exercised. My drink of choice was diet soda. I was a vegetarian--but still ate very poorly. I had so many symptoms and issues. I was depressed and anxious. I never felt good.

Today I weigh 144 pounds. And am hoping to finish my half marathon on Saturday right around 2:10. I have dealt with an irregular heart beat, tons of stomach issues, etc. More things than you want to know about it. I have been to physical therapy 3 times in the last year.

What was different this time than all the times before--and there were lots of times that I tried to do this before------I didn't quit.

And I wanted to so many times. Some days it was so hard I would just cry--from frustration with food or injuries or just how hard it was to stay the course.

I am 44--you can do this. It is doable. Hang in there.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:59 AM   #137
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Thanks!

I am proud of my success so far. I've lost almost 40 pounds, and have turned from a non-runner into a runner. I can run much longer distances than even 3 months ago, and am seeing inches lost. I just am in a funk that I have at least another 40# to go.

I'm proud of the continued effort I have put in. I've missed maybe 2-3 scheduled workouts ALL year. Rain, hail, snow, lack of sleep, whatever: I get out there. I feel like my commitment level is awesome.

I just feel that I am in the middle, with another year of very hard work ahead of me. Also, my physical exterior belies how much work I am doing. Those who know me can see the changes, but I feel far too fat for how fit I am and how hard I work out! It can only go so fast, I get that. But I am impatient!

Thanks for listening.

2014 Princess GSC! BLT/VGF/DCL stay
2014 Determined to do Dopey! BWV stay

Terapin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2012, 03:26 PM   #138
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terapin View Post
I'm guessing a pneumothorax and a pneumopericardium? Both are rare, so sorry that happened to your family! How amazing that they healed well, and have been healthy since.

I have one special-needs kid: my son is 14 and has neurofibromatosis. He's currently stable but has a large spinal tumour. No fun at all worrying about your kids.
Exactly! With our first it was naturally far more concerning because we didn't know what to expect and outside of a very long delivery (26 hours in labor total), the pregnancy was completely uneventful. DD10 was supposed to spend the first week or two of her life in an oxygen tent. She was out in 3 days and out of NICU in 4. God took care of my babies!
dragitoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:04 PM   #139
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragitoff View Post
Exactly! With our first it was naturally far more concerning because we didn't know what to expect and outside of a very long delivery (26 hours in labor total), the pregnancy was completely uneventful. DD10 was supposed to spend the first week or two of her life in an oxygen tent. She was out in 3 days and out of NICU in 4. God took care of my babies!
:-)

Old 04-27-2012, 07:25 AM   #140
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Up nice and early today as we are going camping in Niagara Falls with some friends. The kids are going to school for a couple of hours while I get a run in, and finish getting ready.

I'm hoping for 9.3k this morning. My race is in 16 days! I have a 3+k route that loops around the neighbourhood so gearing up for doing that 3x. I've never really done loops like that, but I don't really like my longer loop that is 8.5k anymore. I'm hoping to run each loop a little faster. I think I am going to do 1k run/100m walk intervals. My coach really wants me to work on running distances without breaks, but I am experimenting with times and seeing how the intervals affect my timing. It helps that the big hill on my route is exactly at the 1k mark!

My shins are still tender so not looking too forward to this run. I am looking forward to being done and feeling good about the distance I went. At least I can do shorter runs tomorrow! The place where we are camping has a swimming pool so I am going to get some serious lengths in as I can.

That is my update. Hope you all have a great weekend.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:19 AM   #141
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Did 10k did 10k did 10k!!!!!!!

Time: 1:20:00

Not too bad!!!! So excited.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #142
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

WOOHOO!!! congrats!!

Have fun at Niagara Falls!! We took the RV up there for the hurricane last summer, It was amazing!
Old 04-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #143
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Great job! 10k is such a great distance. Have fun on your trip.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #144
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Good evening!

Had a great weekend at Niagara Falls. Camped with two other families. We managed to check out late and sat around the campfire making lunch. I ate too many hotdogs. We just don't eat that crap and they were good. Only had half a bun though but scarfed down a couple of wieners and one s'more. Managed berries for a snack. Other than the hotdogs, my diet was pretty good. My clothes smell all smokey good.

I managed to get in a 4k walk at a fast walk pace and 35 minutes of lengths in the pool yesterday.

Contrary to every fibre in my body I am heading out for a 5k run shortly to get a run in today. Will try for a good run tonight despite my lack of enthusiasm. Eating a banana and coffee to manufacture some energy.

Tomorrow is a track day. Eek. Hard, hard work. Coach says we'll do 200 meter sprinting sessions with 200 meter recovery runs, x8, with a warm up and cool down of about 1k each.

A little scared to step on the scale because I have been exceptionally good to see the weight go down about 2 lbs per week (it is soooooo hard for me to lose weight). Worried that my weekend may have sabotaged that. However, it's not like I ate 6000 calories or anything. But still, worried. I just figure that because I am working out 1-1.5 hours a day and really having a terrific diet to see just 2 pounds per week gone that if I slip up I won't see anything lost. Oh well, we had fun and ate camp food. Tomorrow I can get back to regular eating.

Dinner tonight is basmati rice, corn on the cob, raw veggies, and pork souvlaki-style skewers (lean). I'll eat a small dinner only.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:52 AM   #145
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Good morning!

I did go out for my 5k on Sunday. It was a fantastic run and a little fast for me. Ran it in 38 minutes, and while not super fast race pace, it was a good speedy run for me where I didn't feel winded or tired at all.

Monday was a track day. We did a 1.6k warm up, a 1.6 cool down, an 8 repeats of 200 meters at 6:15/km with an active recovery of another 200 meters at 8:00/km. So in total was 5.6k. Was way easier than 16 repeats of 100 meters that we did the week before!

Tuesday I tried an hour class of Zumba. Nope, not for me. I am the least coordinated person on the planet and my hips are too tight. I found it challenging to replicate the moves, but got a good workout.

Wednesday, yesterday, was a 7.5k tempo run. 1k warm up, 1k cooldown and 5.5k at 7:30 pace. It was tough to maintain the pace for the whole 5.5k pace, but I managed with only 1 small break to take off my jacket. Was not in a good place emotionally starting the race.

Today is a rest day!

Tomorrow coach has told me to do 11k - eek. My longest run yet. I don't think there is a time limit, just get 'er done. Scared. I like short runs! Last long run before my race on the 13th.

Best news for last: I MADE MY WEIGHT GOAL! I have lost (more than) 41 pounds! Started this journey at 270# and on Monday was 229! So thrilled. That is more than 6 points on the BMI scale. I will post a pic on my birthday - May 19.

I have decided on another goal of getting to 189. I will see how I feel then. I'd like to lose it my half marathon day. That is about a pound a week. Doable.

Hope you all have a fab day.

Old 05-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #146
Terapin
DIS Veteran

11k today at 7:33/km for a total running time of 1:23:00.

Old 05-04-2012, 02:55 PM   #147
DisNorth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terapin View Post
Best news for last: I MADE MY WEIGHT GOAL! I have lost (more than) 41 pounds! Started this journey at 270# and on Monday was 229! So thrilled. That is more than 6 points on the BMI scale. I will post a pic on my birthday - May 19.

I have decided on another goal of getting to 189. I will see how I feel then. I'd like to lose it my half marathon day. That is about a pound a week. Doable.

Hope you all have a fab day.
WTG!!!
Old 05-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #148
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Here is a pic from this morning at the gym:

And another:

Feeling really good in my skin!

Old 05-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #149
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisNorth View Post
WTG!!!
Thank you!!!

Old 05-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #150
Mykelogan
Long time, no see!

Carolynn! Sorry I have been absent, but I had to come on by and congratulate on reaching your goal. I think your next one sounds reachable too, you can do it! :-)

Mike

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: