Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2011, 10:14 AM   #121
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
Love the sticker placement! He is just too cute!

& Wow! Your view is amazing. I'm so jealous!
He was too funny with the stickers. I turned around for one second and all of a sudden they were all over his face!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearskies View Post
Hi Danielle,

I am catching up....
Back at Beaches and Cream, the food looks awesome. I really need to get the family there one trip but I am not sure we could eat all that food and then have the family eat all that ice cream without bursting. I can see why Wicket passed out.

Joaquin is too funny with the stickers and seeing him with Riley together is just adorable.

OMG what a view.....you bet I am jealous. I would definitely take an accessible room for that view.
You have to plan your eating at Beaches and Cream so carefully. Always share all of the desserts because there is no way that you'll be able to eat it all yourself.

Joaquin and Riley were pretty much like that for the entire trip. It was very cute. We were a little worried at first, because Joaquin is a little bit crazy and Riley is very timid. But it worked out. Kind of like yin and yang I guess.

I was very surprised at our view. Now the caveat is that I would never PAY for the view, but if Disney just wants to give it to me, then I'm not going to say no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Before I ordered one of these, I could not comprehend how gigantic it was. I shared with everybody at the table. It was so good!

Ice cream + having it in Disney World = much happiness!

Beaches and Cream is a fun place, but it is so small! I know it adds to the quaint soda shop feeling, but those round table are too small for putting all that good food on them!

Awesome view at Bay Lake Tower. Enjoying fireworks from your balcony is a huge perk!
I did the same thing the first time I ordered one. On our February trip, Jason and I ordered a sundae each....definitely learned my lesson there. I had no idea.

I agree that it is very small. The tables aren't exactly my favorite, but we had too many people for a booth. With the five that were at my table, it was kind of a struggle to fit all of the food on it.

We were able to enjoy the fireworks, but the only issue that I had is that the placement of the fireworks is off. So when you're in the Magic Kingdom, they're behind the castle, right? Now when you saw it from my balcony. It looked a little funny. But that's only a minor complaint.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:15 PM   #122
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Day 1 - Saturday 7/9/2011 Who falls asleep at dinner?

We left off checking in at Bay Lake Tower. After we got settled into the one room and all freshened up a little bit, we headed over to the Magic Kingdom. We did take the monorail, because it was so stinkin’ hot outside already!

First stop was getting Chris and Sara their passes by turning in their vouchers. We waited outside Guest Relations while they took care of it. Take note of Joaquin with the fan. This was his absolute favorite thing the entire trip. We had several, and he was always asking someone “can I have a fan?”

Our first mission after getting their tickets was to see Mickey. You see, Joaquin had already asked at this point “Mickey isn’t still sweeping, wight?”

Well, now we have to go see Mickey! So we get in line and got to see the new meet and greet. I thought it was pretty cool. The funny thing is, we get in the one room, and Jason, Chris, and I are talking about the fact that it’s pretty cool that there are several rooms and different Mickeys. Very efficient. Then, the CM shushes us really loudly. We weren’t talking loud, but apparently we were revealing Disney state secrets!

The kiddos were very excited to see Mickey and Minnie. I was glad that we started there.

When we left there, the parade was going on. We paused for a few moments to watch before moving on.

Riley really wanted to ride Dumbo. It’s one of her favorites, so we headed into Fantasyland to see what the wait time was. It wasn’t too bad, so everyone headed in except for Dad and Chris. They waited and got us fastpasses for Winnie the Pooh.

Riley was super excited.

Riley got to ride with Ommi

Jason rode with Joaquin

Which left Sara and I together. And we got a wonky Dumbo! We couldn’t get it to go all the way to the top. It was very bizarre.

Everyone had a good time!

Construction photos!

The weather was so very hot outside! It was only a preview of the rest of the week. I didn’t know if I was ready to sweat so much!

Joaquin doesn’t handle heat so well. In fact, he kind of wilts in it. Since it was so hot already and we had waited a pretty decent amount of time for Dumbo, we headed into Pinocchio Village Haus for a drink. We sat at the top.

We cooled ourselves down sufficiently and then headed back out into the sauna. We had gotten surprise fastpasses to Philharmagic from Winnie the Pooh, so we headed over there. Riley said that she wanted to sit next to me during the show.

See Joaquin’s face in the picture above? That’s his hot face. It will appear frequently during this TR. When he’s hot, he doesn’t want to cooperate a whole lot or take pictures. Little stink!

That didn’t last long when the show started. Joaquin was reaching out trying to grab everything. Riley got scared though. She announced very definitively:

“I’m taking my glasses off”!

After we survived the show (Riley was a little bit scarred), we headed over to It’s a Small World. Because, you know, I wanted to have that song stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

“It’s a Small World after all…..”

Riley wanted to be my riding partner. You know, because Tee Tee is the bestest!

The line wasn’t as bad as it looked.

Deuces!

Riley was super excited that we were in the front of the boat. She was pointing everything out to me.

“Look at the Hippo! It winks!”

“Look at the koalas!”

Very cute.

After that, it was potty time for the kiddos. We decided at that time to forgo using our Winnie the Pooh fastpasses. It had been a long day at this point and dinnertime was approaching. The kiddos had to eat something and then we would relax for the rest of the day. We went to Cosmic Ray’s.

We all got either rotisserie chicken or the chicken and ribs combo.

And I now present you with……the best video EVER!

Up Next: Are we going to the pool? and the day’s kid-isms.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2011, 09:24 PM   #123
jc040404
DIS Veteran

I'm lost. There's more than one Mickey?? Okay, so I know, but it was cute that you weren't allowed to talk about it. You're spoiling the magic!

That video was too cute! I loved how he kept chewing away the whole time. Poor little guy needed a break!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:26 PM   #124
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
I'm lost. There's more than one Mickey?? Okay, so I know, but it was cute that you weren't allowed to talk about it. You're spoiling the magic!

That video was too cute! I loved how he kept chewing away the whole time. Poor little guy needed a break!
I know! We were spoiling the magic. That's just how we roll I guess.

He was so tired, but he didn't want to be. He went from like 60 to 0 in 10 seconds flat. He was totally fine at first, and then BOOM!

My favorite part of that video is the fact that he starts laughing. I had no idea why he started doing that.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:35 PM   #125
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

OMG that IS the best video EVER

DH and I were watching it just cracking up! He says I do that too

So freaking adorable
Old 08-17-2011, 10:02 PM   #126
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

MAGIC KINGDOM! WOOT! Boo you adults for ruining the magic. You just don't understand LOL But I'm not surprised the CM quieted you, they are very firm when it comes to making sure the kids know that there is one and only one Mickey and that even that one Mickey is fake. The people who play those characters could get fired if people discover the identity of a person and announce it in public. Nasty stuff.

Awww... Riley and Joaquin look so cute on Dumbo. I love how Riley is really getting into it pointing every which way. Too bad they are moving it and that wonderful view of Fantasyland is gone WAH! And I still HAVEN'T rode Dumbo, I'm such a bad Diser...

Oh, that's too bad Riley didn't enjoy PhilharMagic. I can imagine where it may be a bit unnerving for some people, but sounded like Joaquin liked it. Hopefully she won't be scarred for too long

Love the Deuces picture on It's A Small World. That's so cute that Riley was pointing out everything on the ride. She seems to have a lot of enthusiasm when it comes to Disney. Future DISer maybe?

Oh my gosh, that is the best video ever! I'm pretty sure I do that in my first period class LOL He was REALLY trying to stay awake, oh my gosh, he was all over the place, poor guy. I can only imagine how exhausted he was. Disney takes a lot out of even the most dedicated and enthusiastic patrons. I think the best part of that video was when he fell on your dad, he did NOT want to rest. Good thing you guys got it under control (:

Can't wait to read more!
Old 08-17-2011, 10:13 PM   #127
AprilRenee
DIS Veteran

That was super funny!! LOL
He's a cutie!

Pre Trip Report
Photobooks/TR linked below
May 2010 POP(Photobook); January 2011 ASMu (TR); January 2012 POP(Photobook)
Old 08-17-2011, 10:43 PM   #128
basketkat
DIS Veteran

Oh man the dueces pictures are so fun!!!

Meeting Mickey right away is a great way to start a MK day!

Oh my goodness...poor little tired guy! Too tired for swimming and eating??? He is just so adorable!!!!

'01-Off Property '02-All Star Movies Honeymoon '10- All Star Movies'11- Coronado Springs'12- Dream Cruise to Bahamas/Wilderness Lodge'12- Disneyland
Old 08-17-2011, 11:18 PM   #129
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

I missed two updates shoot!
Well... first of... yay for you staying at BLT! I'm staying there for Christmas and I haven't seen any TR's about it yet! So I am excited to hear more about it! I hope you liked it!
Also.... LOL about the video. That was hilarious. What an angel
And I LOVE the deuces pic. Such a classic move.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:41 AM   #130
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Poor guy - he was spent! We've had them like that, too. You might have seen Brooklynn's 'French fry hanging out of mouth' picture in a previous report when she fell asleep in mid-chew. Disney days will get you. I'm glad you taped that for him to laugh at when he gets older.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:48 AM   #131
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Fantastic video!

I have TOTALLY felt the same way in the Florida heat - in fact....I may have had a snooze on a bench in EPCOT - don't think anyone video-ed it though....

Great update!
Old 08-18-2011, 10:22 AM   #132
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

So cool that you can take pictures from tapping the screen of your camera!

OH MAN, that's the greatest video EVER! HAHA, and then he starts smiling. When I was with the PreK kids last year, a kid was doing that while sitting on the floor listening to the story I was reading out loud. He kept dipping forward, and I had to tell the teacher's assistant to move him because he was so going to knock his head on the floor! It was the cutest thing though, and I wish I could've taken a video of it!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 08-18-2011, 12:26 PM   #133
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

What, there's more then one Mickey?!!! Lol I knew that but you can't give away secrets like that in front of CMs!

Yay on Riley riding IASW with you and I love how excited she was in the boat!

Oh my that video is soo good - esp when Joaquin wakes up and starts smiling and then a second later is out cold again!
Old 08-18-2011, 12:57 PM   #134
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_Joanna_eggs View Post
OMG that IS the best video EVER

DH and I were watching it just cracking up! He says I do that too

So freaking adorable
I think that I do that too! He caught us completely by surprise with his sleepiness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
MAGIC KINGDOM! WOOT! Boo you adults for ruining the magic. You just don't understand LOL But I'm not surprised the CM quieted you, they are very firm when it comes to making sure the kids know that there is one and only one Mickey and that even that one Mickey is fake. The people who play those characters could get fired if people discover the identity of a person and announce it in public. Nasty stuff.

Awww... Riley and Joaquin look so cute on Dumbo. I love how Riley is really getting into it pointing every which way. Too bad they are moving it and that wonderful view of Fantasyland is gone WAH! And I still HAVEN'T rode Dumbo, I'm such a bad Diser...

Oh, that's too bad Riley didn't enjoy PhilharMagic. I can imagine where it may be a bit unnerving for some people, but sounded like Joaquin liked it. Hopefully she won't be scarred for too long

Love the Deuces picture on It's A Small World. That's so cute that Riley was pointing out everything on the ride. She seems to have a lot of enthusiasm when it comes to Disney. Future DISer maybe?

Oh my gosh, that is the best video ever! I'm pretty sure I do that in my first period class LOL He was REALLY trying to stay awake, oh my gosh, he was all over the place, poor guy. I can only imagine how exhausted he was. Disney takes a lot out of even the most dedicated and enthusiastic patrons. I think the best part of that video was when he fell on your dad, he did NOT want to rest. Good thing you guys got it under control (:

Can't wait to read more!
You know, the CM was really funny about it. We were talking in undertones, because we didn't want to reveal too much information in front of any kiddos, but I guess we weren't talking low enough.

I think that Riley may indeed be a future DISer.

Joaquin was trying so hard to stay awake and the poor thing just couldn't do it. He hung in there though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilRenee View Post
That was super funny!! LOL
He's a cutie!
Thanks! He's pretty cute, but he knows it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketkat View Post
Oh man the dueces pictures are so fun!!!

Meeting Mickey right away is a great way to start a MK day!

Oh my goodness...poor little tired guy! Too tired for swimming and eating??? He is just so adorable!!!!
Joaquin saying that he's too tired to swim or eat is something that normally doesn't happen. You'll see in my next update though, it didn't last too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
I missed two updates shoot!
Well... first of... yay for you staying at BLT! I'm staying there for Christmas and I haven't seen any TR's about it yet! So I am excited to hear more about it! I hope you liked it!
Also.... LOL about the video. That was hilarious. What an angel
And I LOVE the deuces pic. Such a classic move.
Woo hoo on your staying at BLT for Christmas. I think you'll like it. I think what I like the best is that it's so new.

The deuces part actually reminded me of you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Poor guy - he was spent! We've had them like that, too. You might have seen Brooklynn's 'French fry hanging out of mouth' picture in a previous report when she fell asleep in mid-chew. Disney days will get you. I'm glad you taped that for him to laugh at when he gets older.
I wanted evidence! He was very tired at that point, but he hung in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaboogie View Post
Fantastic video!

I have TOTALLY felt the same way in the Florida heat - in fact....I may have had a snooze on a bench in EPCOT - don't think anyone video-ed it though....

Great update!
The heat is no joke! It just completely wipes you out. I was exhausted every day, so I can only imagine how the munchkins were feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
So cool that you can take pictures from tapping the screen of your camera!

OH MAN, that's the greatest video EVER! HAHA, and then he starts smiling. When I was with the PreK kids last year, a kid was doing that while sitting on the floor listening to the story I was reading out loud. He kept dipping forward, and I had to tell the teacher's assistant to move him because he was so going to knock his head on the floor! It was the cutest thing though, and I wish I could've taken a video of it!
The tapping thing totally took me by surprise! And like a dee dee dee, I didn't realize it until much later, when I was looking through my photos and saying to myself "where did this picture come from"?

The smiling part is the absolute best for sure. I lost it when it happened when we were watching it live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
What, there's more then one Mickey?!!! Lol I knew that but you can't give away secrets like that in front of CMs!

Yay on Riley riding IASW with you and I love how excited she was in the boat!

Oh my that video is soo good - esp when Joaquin wakes up and starts smiling and then a second later is out cold again!
I know, me and my big mouth!

Riley liked going on rides with me, but she was really good at sharing the wealth.

I think the smiling part was priceless. He didn't even have any idea why he was smiling to begin with!
Old 08-19-2011, 11:52 PM   #135
LoriH91
I need a new title

Came over from somewhere because of your tr title, and I haven't been disappointed!! That video was priceless!! Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip.
How sweet of you to send your parents off to WDW!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: