Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2011, 08:33 PM   #106
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Day 1 - Saturday 7/9/2011 Very modern indeed....

I left you guys off just having finished our lunch at Beaches and Cream. At this point, we all needed to be rolled out of the restaurant if we had any hope of getting to Bay Lake Tower to check in. It was around 12:30pm when we left. As we were all walking out to the car, Joaquin asks me:

"Are Wiley and Sawa coming?"

This is a theme for the trip. He could care less about the rest of us, was only ever curious if Riley and Sara were going to be there. Whatev dude.

We got into our respective cars and were on our way. Now, I haven't been to the Contemporary in a while (to stay), so we got kind of confused as we were pulling into the parking area. There were markings on the ground that indicated that the lot used to be a valet lot. Well, we see that stuff on the ground, and we all think we're in a valet lot. So he leaves......but there's no where else to go. So we pull back in and follow the signs again. Sure enough, it's not a valet lot, but the spaces are marked. How weird is that?

Anywho, we headed into the resort to check in. The CM that worked at the front desk was really funny and did impressions of Mickey and Goofy for the kids. They thought he was so much fun. Of course, the kids got stickers from the CM's. And what does Joaquin do with his?

And it was at this point that I discovered my new touch screen camera apparently takes pictures when you tap the screen!

Aren't my feet beautiful?!

Then of course, Joaquin just had to get in on the fun of taking pictures. Notice the short angle.

So after a fairly long process at the front desk, we found out that one of the rooms was ready, but the other two were not. That was fine with us. It was Jason's, Joaquin's and my room that was ready. We figured that the best thing would be to drop all of the luggage off in our room before we decided to head out for the rest of the day. We were fortunate enough to have gotten rooms all on the same floor.

So now this trend of "Wiley and Sawa" continues. Note who Joaquin is now walking with.

I do have to say though, they looked pretty darn cute.

We drove over the Bay Lake Tower and got out all of our luggage, parked the cars and headed in. Now, Jason and I lucked out in one way, but not in another.

Crappy part: We got an accessible room again. We seem to have this trend going on, because remember, we got an accessible room in February. I just didn't prefer the layout of the room because of it.

Good part:

(Heavens part, and the voices chime, aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh)

Like my view? You know you're jealous.....

We were supposed to have a lake view. Well, Jason and I had a view of the lake......but also of something else.

Let's just say mom was not the happiest.

I shoved Jason in the room with the camera then, because I knew that if I didn't get pictures now, I would never get them. Tornado Jason and Hurricane Joaquin would soon descend on the room, and there is NO way I was taking a picture of that!

'

Our towel animal

Well, we were settled in after that! So what to do, what to do.......

Up Next: Well, I can SEE the Magic Kingdom.......

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:46 PM   #107
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Aaw Joaquin's just too cute! I love how he always wanted to be with 'Wiley' and 'Sawa' - you are right in that they do look too darn good in the pic of them holding hands.

I'm glad you got the car situation sorted - that is wierd.

What a view!! I am insanely jealous!! Lol am glad you managed to get pics of your room before the hurricane and tornado hit it!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2011, 08:51 PM   #108
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

YAY! Off to Bay Lake Tower! I don't have a license and have never heard of a valet lot (though I know what a valet is), I'll just chime in and agree with you on the fact it is weird to have valet markings in a regular parking lot (which does sound weird in itself) Hahaha Moving on...

That's so awesome you got a CM showing off his impressions of Disney characters. Always something to keep you occupied while you wait forever to check-in. @ where Joaquin put his stickers

Oh, Joaquin with "Wiley and Sawa" is just adorable. I'm sorry you are being ignored now because of this. No more "You the best!" But you do have a MAGIC KINGDOM VIEW! Yeah, I'm definitely jealous right now. More reason to beg and plead my parents to go have my birthday at a monorail resort Love the little towel animal too (:

Can't wait to read more!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:04 PM   #109
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Aaw Joaquin's just too cute! I love how he always wanted to be with 'Wiley' and 'Sawa' - you are right in that they do look too darn good in the pic of them holding hands.

I'm glad you got the car situation sorted - that is wierd.

What a view!! I am insanely jealous!! Lol am glad you managed to get pics of your room before the hurricane and tornado hit it!
Yeah, the car situation was just weird. We were so confused. I think it may have also been that we just wanted to be in there and checked in.

Oh you have no idea about the hurricane and the tornado! I was too embarrassed to take pictures of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
YAY! Off to Bay Lake Tower! I don't have a license and have never heard of a valet lot (though I know what a valet is), I'll just chime in and agree with you on the fact it is weird to have valet markings in a regular parking lot (which does sound weird in itself) Hahaha Moving on...

That's so awesome you got a CM showing off his impressions of Disney characters. Always something to keep you occupied while you wait forever to check-in. @ where Joaquin put his stickers

Oh, Joaquin with "Wiley and Sawa" is just adorable. I'm sorry you are being ignored now because of this. No more "You the best!" But you do have a MAGIC KINGDOM VIEW! Yeah, I'm definitely jealous right now. More reason to beg and plead my parents to go have my birthday at a monorail resort Love the little towel animal too (:

Can't wait to read more!
You're so cute about the valet thing. They normally block off a section of a parking lot for valet parking only. In addition to being blocked off, spaces are marked, because the valet has to know where to get the car when they pick it up. So the markings were there, which was strange. It must have been their valet lot before, and then they opened it up for regular parking.

I know about Joaquin wanting "Wiley and Sawa". I felt so deprived.

The view was such a surprise for us. I was not expecting it. It was a nice addition.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 08-10-2011, 09:49 PM   #110
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Great view!

The new Contemporary rooms look very nice.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:56 PM   #111
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Great view!

The new Contemporary rooms look very nice.
I was very happy with the view. We're not the kind of people to pay for a view, so to have it was quite a surprise.

Bay Lake Tower was very nice. I will have to rank it against how I feel about the other DVC resorts, but it's pretty far up there.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 08-10-2011, 10:12 PM   #112
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Omg, picture perfect!!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 10:16 PM   #113
basketkat
DIS Veteran

Oh wow your room looks fantastic! And that view.... I am totally jealous!

'01-Off Property '02-All Star Movies Honeymoon '10- All Star Movies'11- Coronado Springs'12- Dream Cruise to Bahamas/Wilderness Lodge'12- Disneyland
Old 08-11-2011, 04:47 AM   #114
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

I don't know - you give your nephew all the love and attention in the world - you even let him use your camera - and what does he do? Ditch you for Wiley and Sawa!

Fantastic view! I didn't think views like that really existed in real life! WOW!
Old 08-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #115
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Omg, picture perfect!!!!
I know, it was great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketkat View Post
Oh wow your room looks fantastic! And that view.... I am totally jealous!
Thanks! I liked the room very much. The view was just icing on the cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaboogie View Post
I don't know - you give your nephew all the love and attention in the world - you even let him use your camera - and what does he do? Ditch you for Wiley and Sawa!

Fantastic view! I didn't think views like that really existed in real life! WOW!
Right? Little rat goes and ditches me for someone else!

I've never had a view like that myself, so it was very exciting to get one by accident.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 08-11-2011, 11:40 AM   #116
NancyLuvsMickey
Mouseketeer

WOW!!! What a view!!!

Did you keep the view or give it to Mom & Dad???
Old 08-11-2011, 12:36 PM   #117
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyLuvsMickey View Post
WOW!!! What a view!!!

Did you keep the view or give it to Mom & Dad???
We did keep the view. I told my parents that we would switch rooms with them if they wanted to, but they said that it wasn't that big a deal. Honestly, we didn't take advantage of the view really either, because the reality is we weren't in our room all that much.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 08-11-2011, 11:39 PM   #118
jc040404
DIS Veteran

Love the sticker placement! He is just too cute!

& Wow! Your view is amazing. I'm so jealous!
Old 08-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #119
clearskies
DIS Veteran

Hi Danielle,

I am catching up....
Back at Beaches and Cream, the food looks awesome. I really need to get the family there one trip but I am not sure we could eat all that food and then have the family eat all that ice cream without bursting. I can see why Wicket passed out.

Joaquin is too funny with the stickers and seeing him with Riley together is just adorable.

OMG what a view.....you bet I am jealous. I would definitely take an accessible room for that view.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:01 PM   #120
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post

Before I ordered one of these, I could not comprehend how gigantic it was. I shared with everybody at the table. It was so good!

Quote:

Ice cream + having it in Disney World = much happiness!

Beaches and Cream is a fun place, but it is so small! I know it adds to the quaint soda shop feeling, but those round table are too small for putting all that good food on them!

Awesome view at Bay Lake Tower. Enjoying fireworks from your balcony is a huge perk!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: