Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2011, 10:54 AM   #91
AprilRenee
DIS Veteran

Great update! Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip! How old is Riley...I'm sure you said...but I can't remember.

Pre Trip Report
Photobooks/TR linked below
May 2010 POP(Photobook); January 2011 ASMu (TR); January 2012 POP(Photobook)
Old 08-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #92
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Oh my goodness that food looks yummy!!!!

I might have to go there like TODAY haha. We had Steak and Shake yesterday after Universal but that looks even better than what we had..super jealous right now!!!!

I'm glad everyone made it there safe and sound and now the real fun can begin!
Ha ha, you're so fortunate that you can go there whenever you want to. I know, let the real fun start now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
Wow! That sundae is HUGE! I think this is the first pic I've seen of one. Looks yummy! I need to try Beaches & Cream. Those kids' sundaes are so adorable!
It's a great place to eat. Very small, so I recommend eating there early in the day, otherwise it may be hard to get in. The kids sundaes are too cute and they loved them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilRenee View Post
Great update! Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip! How old is Riley...I'm sure you said...but I can't remember.
Thanks! I think I mentioned it in my PTR, but forgot to mention it here. She just turned six.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2011, 06:53 PM   #93
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Haha @ Joaquin's exaggerated sneezing. I think I can relate this to some people I know, but I won't elaborate as it is not a very pretty subject to talk about. So let's move on shall we...

Awwww... the Beach Club looks so nice, I totally want to stay there someday or anywhere on the BoardWalk for that matter

Beaches n' Cream looks so nice! I've heard so many good things about it and it seems to haunt me. The regular lunch food looks good and the Ice Cream looks even better. I like how it looks to have a bubbly candy shop feel to it, something to keep myself eating the food. Any Kitchen Sinks while you were there?

And poor Wicket... he seemed to have been pulled in many directions throughout this meal and then he ends up on the floor holding the balloon. Poor little guy But at least he behaved

Can't wait to read more!
Old 08-06-2011, 07:56 PM   #94
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Aaw I love how serious Joaquin looks when studying that map

Mmm the kids sundaes look great as does that No Way Jose - can't help but drool!
Old 08-06-2011, 10:41 PM   #95
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Haha @ Joaquin's exaggerated sneezing. I think I can relate this to some people I know, but I won't elaborate as it is not a very pretty subject to talk about. So let's move on shall we...

Awwww... the Beach Club looks so nice, I totally want to stay there someday or anywhere on the BoardWalk for that matter

Beaches n' Cream looks so nice! I've heard so many good things about it and it seems to haunt me. The regular lunch food looks good and the Ice Cream looks even better. I like how it looks to have a bubbly candy shop feel to it, something to keep myself eating the food. Any Kitchen Sinks while you were there?

And poor Wicket... he seemed to have been pulled in many directions throughout this meal and then he ends up on the floor holding the balloon. Poor little guy But at least he behaved

Can't wait to read more!
The Boardwalk area is definitely one of my favorites. I love staying in that area.

Beaches and Cream is awesome and the atmosphere is very 50's soda shop. There was one kitchen sink when we were there. The kids were all excited when the lights started flickering for it.

I realize I did abuse poor Wicket at this meal. But I made it up to him later in the week when I took him home to Endor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Aaw I love how serious Joaquin looks when studying that map

Mmm the kids sundaes look great as does that No Way Jose - can't help but drool!
Joaquin took his map reading responsibilities very seriously. But it's a good thing we didn't let him guide us, because goodness knew where we would have ended up!
Old 08-07-2011, 11:49 PM   #96
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Aww this makes me really want to go to Beaches and Cream! Yum everything looks delicious! I hope you enjoyed it! It looks like you did!
Old 08-08-2011, 08:12 AM   #97
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
Aww this makes me really want to go to Beaches and Cream! Yum everything looks delicious! I hope you enjoyed it! It looks like you did!
I know. Makes me want to go there right now too.

Everyone enjoyed it very much.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:03 AM   #98
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Hi Danielle, joining in!

Looking at those Beaches and Cream pictures made me hungry!
Old 08-08-2011, 11:25 AM   #99
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Hi Danielle, joining in!

Looking at those Beaches and Cream pictures made me hungry!
Hi Lessa! Welcome aboard.

I know. Beaches and Cream pictures just seem to do that to people.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:07 PM   #100
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

I have a Wicket too! (Although we changed his name by deed poll to Chubb Chubb). Hope he behaves better than Yeti.

How gorgeous is your nephew? And so well behaved!

Really enjoying reading another report starring you and Jason!

Is the No way Jose as big as it looks?
Old 08-08-2011, 02:05 PM   #101
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaboogie View Post
I have a Wicket too! (Although we changed his name by deed poll to Chubb Chubb). Hope he behaves better than Yeti.

How gorgeous is your nephew? And so well behaved!

Really enjoying reading another report starring you and Jason!

Is the No way Jose as big as it looks?

Thanks for joining this one!

Wicket does prove to be a little better behaved, but marginally....

Good choice changing his name to Chubb Chubb!

Joaquin is a really good little boy. Only has a few moments of overall crabbiness.

Yes, the No Way Jose is really as big as it looks. Roughly the size of my head I would say.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:41 PM   #102
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Oh my gosh, I love your nephew's cheeks! Haha, and your Ewok mascot!

Oy, your screening in the airport makes me NOT look forward to flying for our Disneymoon. Those security people sounded a little power hungry. Or maybe they were just having a bad day.

I love Joaquin's furrowed brow as he plays his Cars game!

I thought the thing about your dad not being able to do anything on his own was funny. For whatever reason, when my mom's at home (or if it's just my dad and me at home), he seems to forget how to use a microwave, and we have to do it for him. But when he's by himself, he's never had a problem!

I totally agree about the stroller issue. It's the person pushing it! And I know that in crowded situations or in excited situations, things happen. I know they might accidentally push a stroller into a person or someone might accidentally step in front of the stroller's path. But can't people just say sorry and move on? It doesn't have to be such a big to do.

AWWWWW, so cute that Joaquin hugged that stranger!!!

I would LOVE to share a No Way Jose with Howard, but alas, we are both lactose intolerant! I can have some ice cream, but it can also get me really sick and nauseous. I just want to be there at Beaches and Cream because of the atmosphere. It looks like ice cream would taste SO much better there!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 08-08-2011, 08:16 PM   #103
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Oh my gosh, I love your nephew's cheeks! Haha, and your Ewok mascot!

Oy, your screening in the airport makes me NOT look forward to flying for our Disneymoon. Those security people sounded a little power hungry. Or maybe they were just having a bad day.

I love Joaquin's furrowed brow as he plays his Cars game!

I thought the thing about your dad not being able to do anything on his own was funny. For whatever reason, when my mom's at home (or if it's just my dad and me at home), he seems to forget how to use a microwave, and we have to do it for him. But when he's by himself, he's never had a problem!

I totally agree about the stroller issue. It's the person pushing it! And I know that in crowded situations or in excited situations, things happen. I know they might accidentally push a stroller into a person or someone might accidentally step in front of the stroller's path. But can't people just say sorry and move on? It doesn't have to be such a big to do.

AWWWWW, so cute that Joaquin hugged that stranger!!!

I would LOVE to share a No Way Jose with Howard, but alas, we are both lactose intolerant! I can have some ice cream, but it can also get me really sick and nauseous. I just want to be there at Beaches and Cream because of the atmosphere. It looks like ice cream would taste SO much better there!
Joaquin's cheeks are pretty fabulous, I must say. Ha ha.

I think the security lady was just having a bad day or something. Who knows. Normally everything at Milwaukee airport is easy as pie, but this time, not so much.

My dad definitely has that sickness. He is perfectly capable of doing things when he's alone, but get him with anyone else and he's suddenly lost his ability to do anything.

I feel so bad that you guys are lactose intolerant, only because you miss out on Beaches and Cream! You're totally right, ice cream just tastes better there.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:01 PM   #104
DVCWDWMEMBER
Mouseketeer

the food at Beaches was just fantastic. For sure a place to visit again. Hey Danielle maybe we can do it in January
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 WL

Old 08-09-2011, 02:04 PM   #105
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
the food at Beaches was just fantastic. For sure a place to visit again. Hey Danielle maybe we can do it in January
I think visiting in January would be a fabulous idea!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: