Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-2011, 09:38 PM   #31
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,212

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
It was so nice for all of you that your littlest passenger was so patient.

The Chicken Penne Alfredo is my first 'go to' meal at Pop.
Mom's Fried Chicken is second, if we are eating in on the right nights.
It worked out very well for us. He is a very patient guy, and only had a few "moments" on this trip.

I love the chicken penne alfredo at POP! My dad loves the fried chicken too.
__________________


Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is offline  
Old 07-24-2011, 07:50 AM   #32
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran
 
TanzUnited99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Manchester
Posts: 3,781

Aaw Joaquin looks soo cute! How nice that he was patient through all that travelling.

Great pics of Chicago!

Oh no at the air conditioning being broken in the van - that must have been hard going esp with it being soo hot.

I'm glad Everything Pop is your fav food court as am looking forward to eating there during our trip.
TanzUnited99 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-24-2011, 09:51 AM   #33
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,212

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Aaw Joaquin looks soo cute! How nice that he was patient through all that travelling.

Great pics of Chicago!

Oh no at the air conditioning being broken in the van - that must have been hard going esp with it being soo hot.

I'm glad Everything Pop is your fav food court as am looking forward to eating there during our trip.
I was grateful that he was because it could have gone a lot worse then it did.

Jason loves the window seat so I give him the responsibility off taking those kinds of pictures when we fly.

The AC was so annoying. My mom was frustrated that my dad didn't turn around and ask for a different car. I was the one that suffered the.most though because I was all the way in the back.

You are going to love the POP food court. They have so much to choose from.
__________________


Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is offline  
Old 07-24-2011, 05:28 PM   #34
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,212

Departure day- Friday July 8, 2011 Hug a random guy in the crotch.........

I didn't want to leave anyone hanging any longer before we got to a park (finally), so I figured I would update here.

The Magic Kingdom had magic hours until 3am on this day. Now, with a 3 year old, there was no way we would stay out that late, but we figured we would at least go and have a little bit of fun. We had no morning plans, since the rest of the group was arriving at about 10:30am.

And also because Joaquin kept on saying "now we're going to a park, wight?"

Well, how could you resist that?

We headed out to the bus stop and the Magic Kingdom bus pulled up in about 2 minutes. It's my favorite thing about POP. Speedy bus service. Not so much about deluxe resorts. Snaily bus service.

We hop on the bus and Joaquin proceeds to play with Wicket. I didn't catch this exchange, because I didn't want to blind people with the flash of the camera. He's holding Wicket, and hovers him over the map, talking in a Wicket-esque voice, "can I read the map?", "where are we going to go?" You get the picture. Totally cute.

We get to the park and Wishes is going on strong. I was kind of irritated, because I did not plan this well. We had the fireworks dessert party planned for Sunday. Oh well. Joaquin's face was priceless.



Love how both dad and Joaquin are all like, "what?"





Gotta love kids and fireworks.

I'm going to have a small rant here. I have been a traveler both without a stroller (because I have no kids), and with a stroller. People without strollers complain about the people with, people with strollers complain about people without strollers. Yackity smackity, blah blah.

So here's the story from the view of someone who has been on both sides. It's not the stroller or the lack of stroller. It's the dingaling who is driving the stroller or walking.

Some people have no sense of what is going on, they don't care about people around them, they don't pay attention, they just don't care. These are the people that are the problem. I was both hit by strollers and I was run over by people without strollers on this trip.

Why don't we just leave it at some people are just rude?

Okay, sorry.

I brought this up because Main Street was packed during Wishes. And here I am with the stroller trying to navigate through a sea of people who just don't care about anybody but themselves. I'm not perfect, but dangit, why do I always have to be the person that moves?



I finally made it into Tomorrowland unscathed. Our mission was simple. You know what's coming.



I asked Joaquin to tell me how he felt about the matter.





It was during this line that the most hilarious thing happens. Joaquin is a hugger. He hugs everyone. So we're standing in line, minding our own business, and full on hugs the guy in front of us. He clearly thought it was Jason, because they were wearing similar shorts.

Joaquin is short. So I don't think this guy was too thrilled about being hugged full on by his junk. His face was priceless. The guy was all .

I kept trying to get Joaquin's attention, and it wasn't until Jason said something that Joaquin looks at Jason.

Looks at the guy.

Looks at Jason.

Looks at the guy.

And proceeds to run for his life.

The poor guy didn't know what hit him, but I think it gave his girlfriend a real idea about how he feels about kids. He couldn't have looked more repelled by the fact that he just got hugged by a toddler. Jason joked that maybe his girlfriend would be rethinking their relationship shortly.

So if you're ever in WDW at the same time we're there, look out for Joaquin.

So we finished. And would anyone ever doubt....

I won.



Not my best score, but I'll just say I was tired from the long travel day.

I took some redneck ride photos. Don't you just love that all you see is Joaquin's little head?



I tried to look very intent.



We threw Joaquin in with Zurg after that. We figured he needed to learn to control himself after his hugging incident.



Then it was off to.



I have a picture of mom and dad on this, but she would injure me if I posted it, so I won't.

So Joaquin was fascinated by the fact that he heard Mickey on the Peoplemover. And this is where the title of the trip report came from.

Joaquin: Is that Mickey?

Me: Yup, it's Mickey.

Joaquin: I don't think we can see Mickey right now, because he's asweep.

Me: Well, we can.....

Joaquin: Shhhh!!!!

Me: Huh.....

Joaquin: Shhh! Be quiet! Mickey's twying to sweep!

Me: Oh.

Joaquin: Shhhhh!

After we finished the rest of our ride in silence, we decided to head over to Winnie the Pooh. Joaquin liked the interactive queue very much.







He really liked the honey walls too, but who wouldn't?

While in line for this, the adults were all losing steam. Joaquin, not so much, but we didn't want to push it.

We made it back to the hotel, and while Jason was in the washroom, I tried to put Joaquin to bed. He was wired for sound though, but he laid down very nicely. And the best part of my day occurred at this moment.

Joaquin: TeeTee?

Me: Yes sweetie?

Joaquin: You're the best.......




7/8 Kid-isms

We don't want to cwash into the buildings, wight?

I don't think we can see Mickey right now, because he's asweep.

Shhhhh! Be quiet! Mickey's twying to sweep!

TeeTee, you're the best.
__________________


Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is offline  
Old 07-24-2011, 05:48 PM   #35
AprilRenee
DIS Veteran
 
AprilRenee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,112

So sweet! Your nephew is adorable. How great that he's so chill and go with the flow. I'm sure it made your trip infinitely easier!
__________________
Me (April): Andrew (DH): Caden (DS born April 2012)
Furbabies: Holly: Ellie:


Pre Trip Report
Photobooks/TR linked below
May 2010 POP(Photobook); January 2011 ASMu (TR); January 2012 POP(Photobook)
AprilRenee is offline  
Old 07-24-2011, 06:07 PM   #36
DVCWDWMEMBER
DIS Veteran
 
DVCWDWMEMBER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 520

I just have to post that you are doing a fantastic job with the trip report. You are right about Joaquin he is a fantastic traveler for sure. He was so excited to get to WDW and to see Mickey he had more energy than we did after our long travel day. And ending up getting a crappy van with no rear air was not a good way to start our vacation but seeing Joaquin's face during the fireworks was the icing on the cake.
__________________
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 WL:12/14 SSR: 2/15 AK: 8/15 DLH

DVCWDWMEMBER is offline  
Old 07-24-2011, 06:26 PM   #37
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,212

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilRenee View Post
So sweet! Your nephew is adorable. How great that he's so chill and go with the flow. I'm sure it made your trip infinitely easier!
Oh, it definitely did. He's so easy to deal with. No major crazies from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
I just have to post that you are doing a fantastic job with the trip report. You are right about Joaquin he is a fantastic traveler for sure. He was so excited to get to WDW and to see Mickey he had more energy than we did after our long travel day. And ending up getting a crappy van with no rear air was not a good way to start our vacation but seeing Joaquin's face during the fireworks was the icing on the cake.
Thanks mom! Chime in whenever, please!

He certainly had a lot more energy then I did at the end of the day. I was so ready to crawl into bed and he was just going, going, going. Our little energizer bunny.
__________________


Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is offline  
Old 07-25-2011, 12:00 AM   #38
mtgirl29
Mouseketeer
 
mtgirl29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: MO - USA
Posts: 445

So glad I found your TR. I am absolutely loving it! How great that your parents have been married for 40 years. That is definitely reason to celebrate!!!! Your nephew is just too cute! I love the picture where he is so intently playing his Leapster. He is really concentrating!! Sorry to hear that the minivans air was broken in the back. That must have been miserable in the Orlando heat.
Cannot wait to read more!
__________________
mtgirl29 is offline  
Old 07-25-2011, 12:10 AM   #39
jc040404
DIS Veteran
 
jc040404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: FL
Posts: 1,997

What a cutie! Subbing to follow along. I love all the cute little things he's said and done so far, but that "TeeTee, you're the best" was beyond sweet! Sounds like this was a fun trip.
__________________
jc040404 is offline  
Old 07-25-2011, 05:29 AM   #40
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran
 
TanzUnited99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Manchester
Posts: 3,781

Love how excited Joaquin is to watch Wishes and even after all that travelling he still had lots of energy!

Lol at Joaquin hugging a random stranger! I love all the kid-isms.

Yay on getting a high score on Buzz and I love how travelling with kids gives a totally different experience to when it's an adults only trip.
TanzUnited99 is offline  
Old 07-25-2011, 09:10 AM   #41
NancyLuvsMickey
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 480

DH was reading your TR over my shoulder last night and he was looking at the Pooh queue pictures and said he didn't remember that area... I told him that ride was closed the last time we were there... And that Haunted Mansion queue has also been changed/updated... His reply was...

"Hmmm, guess we need to go back then"...
NancyLuvsMickey is offline  
Old 07-25-2011, 09:12 AM   #42
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,212

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgirl29 View Post
So glad I found your TR. I am absolutely loving it! How great that your parents have been married for 40 years. That is definitely reason to celebrate!!!! Your nephew is just too cute! I love the picture where he is so intently playing his Leapster. He is really concentrating!! Sorry to hear that the minivans air was broken in the back. That must have been miserable in the Orlando heat.
Cannot wait to read more!
I'm glad you have come along!

He gets very serious when he does anything. It's too funny.

The minivan was miserable! What stunk is that I was the one all the way in the back all the time, so I felt it the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
What a cutie! Subbing to follow along. I love all the cute little things he's said and done so far, but that "TeeTee, you're the best" was beyond sweet! Sounds like this was a fun trip.
Thanks for joining! It was a very fun trip. The "you're the best" comment was just icing on the cake for me that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Love how excited Joaquin is to watch Wishes and even after all that travelling he still had lots of energy!

Lol at Joaquin hugging a random stranger! I love all the kid-isms.

Yay on getting a high score on Buzz and I love how travelling with kids gives a totally different experience to when it's an adults only trip.
Well I would have had energy if I had a nice long nap on the plane too!

Traveling with kids is an experience, that's for sure. Get ready for the next day, we are adding another one too the mix. That's okay though. Adults had kids outnumbered 3 to 1.
__________________


Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is offline  
Old 07-25-2011, 09:14 AM   #43
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,212

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyLuvsMickey View Post
DH was reading your TR over my shoulder last night and he was looking at the Pooh queue pictures and said he didn't remember that area... I told him that ride was closed the last time we were there... And that Haunted Mansion queue has also been changed/updated... His reply was...

"Hmmm, guess we need to go back then"...
Haha, I'd be like "OKAY!"
__________________


Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is offline  
Old 07-25-2011, 09:44 AM   #44
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager
 
PlutosRHM55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?
Posts: 10,495

Wow! That seemed like a long travel day. Thank goodness you had some pixie dust to carry you along when the Disney police were about to come riding through. It sounded like you were at the breaking point. And then you were about to eat Poor Wicket, not even knee deep in this TR. I'm guessing the POP food court made up for it! (:

Then, you had Magic Kingdom! Joaquin's face during the Fireworks is just adorable. I love watching toddlers just stare mindlessly at Fireworks. And sorry about the whole thing with the stroller. It's not exactly easy to navigate those things sometimes especially in a thick crowd. Good thing you got through to Tomorrowland before it got real ugly.

LOL @ the Joaquin hugging story. I'm not sure who to feel bad for more the guy or Joaquin. I mean, Joaquin must've been terrified noticing he hugged a stranger and the guy, just minding his own business getting attacked by the kid, but seriously, the kid made an honest mistake and he just glares at him. So, I feel bad for Joaquin more And yeah, totally wondering how the girl feels about the guy now.

Once again, you amaze me with your ability to get a high score on Buzz Lightyear. I'm pretty sure that ride just hates me and is making sure that I can never get a decently high score

Oh my gosh, those are just some adorable kidisms. The things they think up, just too cute... THE ADORABLE!!! Hahahaha And that was so sweet what he said to you before going to sleep. Total "AWWWWWW..." moment.

Can't wait to read more!
PlutosRHM55 is offline  
Old 07-25-2011, 12:36 PM   #45
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,212

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Wow! That seemed like a long travel day. Thank goodness you had some pixie dust to carry you along when the Disney police were about to come riding through. It sounded like you were at the breaking point. And then you were about to eat Poor Wicket, not even knee deep in this TR. I'm guessing the POP food court made up for it! (:

Then, you had Magic Kingdom! Joaquin's face during the Fireworks is just adorable. I love watching toddlers just stare mindlessly at Fireworks. And sorry about the whole thing with the stroller. It's not exactly easy to navigate those things sometimes especially in a thick crowd. Good thing you got through to Tomorrowland before it got real ugly.

LOL @ the Joaquin hugging story. I'm not sure who to feel bad for more the guy or Joaquin. I mean, Joaquin must've been terrified noticing he hugged a stranger and the guy, just minding his own business getting attacked by the kid, but seriously, the kid made an honest mistake and he just glares at him. So, I feel bad for Joaquin more And yeah, totally wondering how the girl feels about the guy now.

Once again, you amaze me with your ability to get a high score on Buzz Lightyear. I'm pretty sure that ride just hates me and is making sure that I can never get a decently high score

Oh my gosh, those are just some adorable kidisms. The things they think up, just too cute... THE ADORABLE!!! Hahahaha And that was so sweet what he said to you before going to sleep. Total "AWWWWWW..." moment.

Can't wait to read more!
I know, it would have been a tragedy losing Wicket so early on, wouldn't it? The POP food court was definitely what saved him there.

This felt like the longest travel day ever. I think the only time I've had one longer is when we've driven. That tells you something.

You know, kids are funny. They're at a total disadvantage, because they only get to see us from the waist down. I could understand how many of us can look the same then.
__________________


Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: