Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2011, 08:34 AM   #16
Goofy442
DIS Veteran

Joining in! He is to cute, can't wait to hear how he was in Disney.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:32 PM   #17
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyLuvsMickey View Post
I'm here!!! Can't wait to read the TR!!!!

And tell your parents HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!
Thanks for coming over! I will let them know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy442 View Post
Joining in! He is to cute, can't wait to hear how he was in Disney.

He's a cutie, for sure. Thanks for joining.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2011, 10:51 PM   #18
clearskies
DIS Veteran

Hi Danielle.

I just noticed the link to this new TR. Great to see you back posting. Looking forward to seeing more antics from Wicket and kid-isms from Joaquin!
Old 07-18-2011, 11:00 PM   #19
TXMama09
Earning My Ears

Just found this TR and I'm subscribing! We are planning our trip for next summer and DS will be 2 and 1/2 at the time so I'm anxious to see how a toddler handles Disney! This is bound to get interesting

Old 07-19-2011, 12:58 AM   #20
burly
DIS Veteran

I'm onboard.
With you still.......

Waiting for more.....

KIM
Old 07-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #21
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearskies View Post
Hi Danielle.

I just noticed the link to this new TR. Great to see you back posting. Looking forward to seeing more antics from Wicket and kid-isms from Joaquin!
I'm so glad you're coming over for this one! I plan on finishing my other TR up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMama09 View Post
Just found this TR and I'm subscribing! We are planning our trip for next summer and DS will be 2 and 1/2 at the time so I'm anxious to see how a toddler handles Disney! This is bound to get interesting

Oh yes, interesting it will become. I don't know if it was more interesting for the kids though or the adults!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
I'm onboard.
With you still.......

Waiting for more.....

KIM
Yay, I'm glad you're here Kim!

I promise you, I will finish my other TR. I will......
Old 07-20-2011, 11:46 AM   #22
DVCWDWMEMBER
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm here!!! Can't wait to read the TR!!!!

And tell your parents HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!
Thanks so much for the Happy anniversary. We had a fantastic time. glad to have you aboard.
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 WL: 2/15 AK: 8/15 DLH

Old 07-22-2011, 09:20 PM   #23
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

I'm here!! Sorry we never got a chance to meet up. I guess there's always Oct! Can't wait it was for a lack of trying lol. I feel like today was the first day I could sit and chill in the past 3 weeks I've been here between my BFF coming from Cali, family in for a whole week, and job interviews galore! I can't wait to read about your trip!!!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:02 PM   #24
luckylady
DIS Veteran

What a cutie pie he is. ALl those curls, some women would kill for those. Brave people flying with a 3 year old, but he looked very happy. Can't wait for more.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:46 PM   #25
Jaybird6
Mouseketeer

Subbing! I love kid-isms - they're my favorite part of working at a daycare. Can't wait to hear more.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:07 PM   #26
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
I'm here!! Sorry we never got a chance to meet up. I guess there's always Oct! Can't wait it was for a lack of trying lol. I feel like today was the first day I could sit and chill in the past 3 weeks I've been here between my BFF coming from Cali, family in for a whole week, and job interviews galore! I can't wait to read about your trip!!!
I know, I was so sad we couldn't meet up! It just seemed like the weather / schedule wasn't on our side. We will for sure make plans in October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
What a cutie pie he is. ALl those curls, some women would kill for those. Brave people flying with a 3 year old, but he looked very happy. Can't wait for more.

He's pretty stinkin' cute, I know. Jason doesn't trim his hair too often because of his curls. I think he's nervous that they'll go away.

Joaquin is a really good flyer. This is his second time flying and it went very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird6 View Post
Subbing! I love kid-isms - they're my favorite part of working at a daycare. Can't wait to hear more.

Joaquin is chock full of random kid-isms. It was hard keeping up with him and taking note of all of them.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:15 PM   #27
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Departure day- Friday July 8, 2011 We Don't Want to Cwash Into Those Buildings Wight?

So we're sitting on the runway, with Jason wondering if we're ever going to take off....

And then thankfully, this ends up happening.

Finally it was time for us to take off. We were about 30 minutes behind our normal departure time at that point. We were taking off in no time, and all during takeoff, Joaquin was.....

We settled ourselves in and started reading and listening to music when we got the okay to turn on our electronics. We passed over Chicago and Jason got some pretty good shots.

I <3 my city.

Then Joaquin woke up. A note for you guys to remember during this TR is that the kids call me TeeTee. I don't like Aunt or anything like that, so this works for me.

"Tee tee, can I pway with my Weapster?"

I said sure.

He was very intent playing his Cars game. Lightning McQueen is his favorite character ever.

"You lookin' at me?"

Before we knew it, it was time to land. The flight went really well, and Joaquin is so well behaved. Jason put Joaquin next to the window to watch the landing.

He was so excited about it, he proceeds to turn to Jason and I and say:

"We don't want to cwash into those buildings, wight?"

In the loudest voice you could ever imagine. Nice Joaquin, very nice. Just say what everyone else is thinking, but refuse to say. Nice going kiddo.

We landed and we were delayed another 15 minutes because there was no gate available for us to taxi to.

We finally deplane. Joaquin's stroller is waiting for us.......but his car seat is not.

That's hot.

Jason says to go ahead and he waits to see what's going on. We wait, and wait, and wait, and wait.

Jason finally emerges 10 minutes later with the car seat. Apparently, it was in the front of the plane the whole time, yet the crew had no idea. Thanks everyone.

So now we're thinking, let's send dad to get the car and we'll all wait for the baggage. Kill two birds with one stone, right? Foiled again! Dad got the car in no time. We got the luggage.........well, let's just say it took FOREVER! Ever seen the movie the Sandlot? Yeah, say FOREVER like that, and you'll get what I'm saying.

Dad actually got the car, put the carry ons in it, and came back to baggage, and it still hadn't arrived! Finally it all came. It was time to get out of there. We had a Dodge Caravan. Here is our picture.

So we get moving, and the air control to the back of the van is locked. There was no easy way to unlock it. Meaning, unlike my parents Armada, there was no button that simply said "rear control." So mom had to bust out the instruction manual. She finally figured out how to unlock it.

The air conditioning was broken in the back.

Wait. You're telling me that we're in Orlando, in the middle of July, and the air conditioning in the back of the minivan is broken?

By this point, we were already 20 minutes away from the rental center. There was no turning back now.

To top it off, there was traffic. Really bad traffic for some reason. I'm watching the lock, because we need to get to Orlando Fun Tickets to get Jason's and Joaquin's tickets so we can go to the Magic Kingdom tonight. And they close at 7:30pm.

So how did Joaquin keep us entertained throughout this ordeal?

With the gum on the bottom of his shoe.

I know, gross. But what are you going to do when a three year old does that? Then the ding dong says to Jason to get it off of his hand. Jason just looks at him and says that he was the dee dee dee that touched it to begin with.

We made it to Orlando Fun Tickets by 7:10pm. Thank goodness we made it in time. Jason, Joaquin, and I stayed in the car while mom and dad ran in to get the tickets we had ordered through my corporate website. Love discounts!

They made it out in no time, and we were FINALLY on our way into WDW.

Now, this is why I adore my nephew. Most kids at this point would be having a meltdown. Not Joaquin. He just sat there and chatted it up with us, and took it like a champ. We had been traveling already for quite some time, and he was patient as ever.

We also needed to pick up Dad's annual pass. Since we were near Downtown, Dad wanted to stop there.

My dad. He's a funny guy. He doesn't like doing anything by himself. So we pull into the parking lot at the Marketplace. Mind you, there are no parking spaces. Instead of running in by himself, he looks at my mom all pathetic, because you know. Men. They don't want to do things alone. So mom sighs and gets out of the car with him, leaving me illegally parked at the Marketplace. I got out of the car and sat in the drivers seat waiting.

I have to admit, I panicked. I didn't want the Disney popo to think that I was doing something wrong. So I see Disney popo on bikes, riding through. And I panic and move the car.

I wanted them to think I was looking for a space, you know. And then lo and behold, the only big of pixie dust so far.

I FOUND A PARKING SPACE!

I pulled in and we waited. Seems to be a theme of our trip already.

I got out of the car, because I wanted mom and dad to know where we parked. Finally they came out.

We were on our way to POP!

Bet you thought that would never happen.

We go to the resort and we all went in. Joaquin really needed to get out of the car at this point. They got us two rooms right next to each other in the 90's section. Pretty far away, but I didn't care. It was just one night. We were on the third floor, which mom wasn't too thrilled about, but she dealt with it.

Then Jason not being prepared struck. Mom, dad, and I had all packed an overnight bag, so that was all we needed at POP. All we needed from our suitcase was cosmetics, which was easy to find. Jason.....did nothing of the sort.

So we pull the car over, and I swear, it took him FOREVER to find anything in the suitcase. He should have just pulled out the suitcases, but making something easy is not in Jason's repertoire. I think it took him like 20 minutes. The whole time, my mom is sending me smoke signals from the building wondering when we're going to be done.

We finally got in the room. Again, you really felt like that was never going to happen, didn't you?

We were all so hungry at this point, I was ready to eat Wicket. I just didn't think that would taste too good.

So we packed it off to Everything POP. I squeeled with joy a little bit, because this is my favorite food court. I gave Jason my order and took Joaquin to find a seat.

He saved Wicket from my hunger and wanted to play.

Our food finally came, and we were very happy. Joaquin was thrilled to be eating again.

Here was mine.

Love the chicken penne alfredo.

We were all happy.

Joaquin loves to eat. You'll notice a trend here.

He was so excited in fact that he flung chocolate milk on the wall.

See the drip?

Wicket was just grateful I didn't eat him out of pure hunger.

Up Next: A park!
Old 07-23-2011, 07:33 PM   #28
NancyLuvsMickey
Mouseketeer

Wow, you had a really long travel day... Glad you arrived safe and didn't cwash into any buildings...
Old 07-23-2011, 07:51 PM   #29
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow, you had a really long travel day... Glad you arrived safe and didn't cwash into any buildings...
OMG, it was the longest travel day EVER!

I know, good thing we didn't cwash.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:05 PM   #30
MeMom
DIS Veteran

It was so nice for all of you that your littlest passenger was so patient.

The Chicken Penne Alfredo is my first 'go to' meal at Pop.
Mom's Fried Chicken is second, if we are eating in on the right nights.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: